User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Si.

Saw it just last week running guys through training. His RDS (DPP) was working but his front sight was spinning.

Just to add to the bitching... Glock MOS plates are complete garbage.

Carry on...
View Quote

Oh yeah… They missed the mark with those. Have you tried the Forward Controls plates?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You sound mad. Are you mad, bro?
View Quote

Not even the slightest, cool as cucumber even. But you definitely did act big mad with your last reply to me

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My 2 year old is smart. He’s not smart enough to know the consequences of mishandling a loaded firearm.

Expecting him to not be a curious toddler is how dumb parents end up with dead kids.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could teach your small kids about firearms

My 2 year old is smart. He’s not smart enough to know the consequences of mishandling a loaded firearm.

Expecting him to not be a curious toddler is how dumb parents end up with dead kids.

Bring him shooting. He'll learn
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh yeah… They missed the mark with those. Have you tried the Forward Controls plates?
View Quote

I just ordered a Forward Control plate and RMR for my dad's MOS G19 today.  He's shot my G19 with RMR a few times and has seen the light.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Someone's going on the ignore list!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone's going on the ignore list!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
To rds or not your pistol is of no difference to me.

The 'leaving loaded guns out unsecured around kids' idea is the real stupidity here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your schtick to shame isn't working. Being an obstinate ass to those not wanting to fix a problem that doesn't exist is an ignorance all on it's on. You've been called on this in the past trying to crash in and harshly criticize under the pretenses of dIsCuSsIoN and hElPiNg. And most wasn't just coming from just me as others were pointing this out as well.

Before the age of red dots on handguns, how were so many of you able to stay alive? Were you all not serious then too, or is it serious only if a red dot is on their and the approved tribal list of carry and SHTF guns? If that's the case, there is a metric ton of hypocritical BS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't care if you use a red dot or not, I personally dont have one on my carry guns now. However I don't kid myself, I don't doubt they are better for aquiring targets and accuracy in the real world where threats arent stationary targets. In fact I am going to go get a P365 and throw a red dot on there in the next few days because I have put it off too long. The guns and optics are now at a size that can easily be carried and concealed and it is time for me to change my ways.

There have been a number of times when it comes to firearms I had to realize I was being an obstinate ass about change. One was optics on rifles. I was a grunt fresh out of the Corps and I knew I could shoot irons just fine. then I shot a red dot on a rifle and realized I was indeed being ignorant. since that epiphany I have shot number of pistol competitions with mixed classes and can't dismiss the times and accuracy of those shooting a class that allows optics.

Also yes, you should change your batteries as well take them out of the optics in the safe that you dont use.

Your schtick to shame isn't working. Being an obstinate ass to those not wanting to fix a problem that doesn't exist is an ignorance all on it's on. You've been called on this in the past trying to crash in and harshly criticize under the pretenses of dIsCuSsIoN and hElPiNg. And most wasn't just coming from just me as others were pointing this out as well.

Before the age of red dots on handguns, how were so many of you able to stay alive? Were you all not serious then too, or is it serious only if a red dot is on their and the approved tribal list of carry and SHTF guns? If that's the case, there is a metric ton of hypocritical BS.

Lol, every thread you are in it’s the same shrill noise from you.

Your reputation proceeds you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#8]
all i want in a pistol rds:

1. trijicon/aimpoint
2. actually available
3. not having to remove the fucking sight to change the battery, ever
4. battery life that lasts more than a month
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
all i want in a pistol rds:

1. trijicon/aimpoint
2. actually available
3. not having to remove the fucking sight to change the battery, ever
4. battery life that lasts more than a month
View Quote

You might be waiting a while due to your number 1.....I have multiple RMR's and like them but Trijicon is definitely not in a hurry to innovate.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

By 2 my son knew exactly what a firearm was and what it did. But I guess I’m a careless parent. Hell, he shot his first Mac11 a little before he was 5. No need to be curious when you’ve been allowed to handle them

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/257694/F7FEE870-D456-4368-A725-7C211D91F97C-843758.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By 2 my son knew exactly what a firearm was and what it did. But I guess I’m a careless parent. Hell, he shot his first Mac11 a little before he was 5. No need to be curious when you’ve been allowed to handle them

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/257694/F7FEE870-D456-4368-A725-7C211D91F97C-843758.jpg

How old is he in this pic and what gun?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol, every thread you are in it’s the same shrill noise from you.

Your reputation proceeds you.
View Quote

Don't project yourself into me, and your reputation precedes you as well.

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you honestly saying you trust a toddler in a room with a loaded and accessible firearm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you honestly saying you trust a toddler in a room with a loaded and accessible firearm?

My son comes in my room every morning when he gets up. I absolutely trust he won't touch my gun when I'm not awake.

I also take the time every single day to go over firearm rules, dryfire and let him handle guns untill he gets bored.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To rds or not your pistol is of no difference to me.

The 'leaving loaded guns out unsecured around kids' idea is the real stupidity here.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

By that logic, you  let a 5 yo make all your financial decisions as well??

When taught, kids understand that you are not to play with guns because you told them so and they would get in trouble, not because they fully understand the repercussions and danger of using them can cause.

You may have the most amazingly smart 5 yo in the world, but there is a good chance that they don't understand the permanence of death like you do.

When my kids were little, I made sure to keep my guns away from accessing them without permission. Mine shot guns that early as well.

Even though most cases you hear of involve very lacking supervision, burying a kid is not unheard of and never a good public relations event for gun rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By that logic, you  let a 5 yo make all your financial decisions as well??

When taught, kids understand that you are not to play with guns because you told them so and they would get in trouble, not because they fully understand the repercussions and danger of using them can cause.

You may have the most amazingly smart 5 yo in the world, but there is a good chance that they don't understand the permanence of death like you do.

When my kids were little, I made sure to keep my guns away from accessing them without permission. Mine shot guns that early as well.

Even though most cases you hear of involve very lacking supervision, burying a kid is not unheard of and never a good public relations event for gun rights.

Bring your kids hunting and let them see animals die. Let them burry family pets. They can know what death is if they aren't sheltered.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You should notice that the dot is dead when you do your 3-5 practice draw/presentations every day.

You are doing your 3-5 practice draw/presentations every day aren't you?  
View Quote

Is that all?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yuuuup.

Saw a front sight fly off a gun in a match last Sunday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny....I've personally witnessed more iron sights fail on pistols than red dots.  At least with a red dot you have backup iron sights, when iron sights fail you have nothing.....unless you're a point shooting advocate...in which case you're already lost.

OP.....I use New Years Day for annual maintenance on all my guns....I'm always off work and never have plans.  Batteries get changed in every optic / light, guns that don't get shot often get wiped down and a light coat of oil...etc...etc.

Yuuuup.

Saw a front sight fly off a gun in a match last Sunday.

I had a front sight come off after the first shot of a polish spinner.

That fucking sucked but I actually did ok.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Double tap

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is likely insufficient frequency for most pistol mounted RDS optics. Especially if you leave them on all the time.

It's going to depend on your battery, your optic, and what power level you keep your optic at, but a proactive schedule of replacing the battery is a good idea.

The hour numbers quoted by most optic manufacturers require settings that are often unusable in daylight. I tend to keep my red optics at about 1 or 2 settings below maximum, which means I will end up with a significantly shorter battery life. Every additional setting on an electronic optic is exponentially more battery drain.

With the Acro P1, I replaced the battery in my carry gun monthly. With my P2 I'll probably replace the battery 3 times a year as I tend to carry it on setting 8 or 9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Replace the battery on your birthday. Easy to remember. Cheap insurance.

That is likely insufficient frequency for most pistol mounted RDS optics. Especially if you leave them on all the time.

It's going to depend on your battery, your optic, and what power level you keep your optic at, but a proactive schedule of replacing the battery is a good idea.

The hour numbers quoted by most optic manufacturers require settings that are often unusable in daylight. I tend to keep my red optics at about 1 or 2 settings below maximum, which means I will end up with a significantly shorter battery life. Every additional setting on an electronic optic is exponentially more battery drain.

With the Acro P1, I replaced the battery in my carry gun monthly. With my P2 I'll probably replace the battery 3 times a year as I tend to carry it on setting 8 or 9.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I certainly hope so.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know, “Chinese trash-panda” optic, but they haven’t failed me yet…and I’m still alive!  Battery life is 50,000 hours. I have one P365XL that I’m going to let test that feature, but other ones I carry, I change them at year two. I keep a decent stock, so all my battery powered optics get batteries rotated; it’s really cheap insurance.  That said, I kind of prefer BUIS, even on my handguns. Not all are (like the XL), but it just gives me a warm fuzzy for some reason…likely my career of going from irons to optics…old dogs still like irons, even if for backup.  

I still appreciate irons, but there is simply no comparison to having a red dot for the “average” shooter. Can you spend thousands of hours and thousands of rounds every month to be John Wick? Sure, but for the average shooter, speed and accuracy at distance with a red dot will ALWAYS beat irons. Period. If you don’t practice defensive shooting beyond the standard 25 yards, a red dot may not be important to you. If you just practice the usual 7 yard an in drills, it’s also a wash (at least for me it is). Speed at distance and multiple targets is where a red dot separates from iron sights…unless split times and accuracy are secondary concerns.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20220601_195530_(2).jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Parents know their kids best, I don’t judge. My son was three and half when he was on the range and safely handling a little .22 Rifle. Other than my bedroom defense guns, all my guns were locked up in the gun safe and anytime he wanted to see a gun, I let him. We would go through the whole safety process and handling. Guns weren’t taboo, I just taught him that he could handle them whenever he asked and I was with him. Interesting how that works…that 3-1/2 year old kid is now a 23-1/2 year old Infantry 2LT, full-time LEO, and on his department’s SWAT team.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/Andrew_s_HK-2102791.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/IMG_0434_copy_png-1973014.jpg

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I know, “Chinese trash-panda” optic, but they haven’t failed me yet…and I’m still alive!  Battery life is 50,000 hours. I have one P365XL that I’m going to let test that feature, but other ones I carry, I change them at year two. I keep a decent stock, so all my battery powered optics get batteries rotated; it’s really cheap insurance.  That said, I kind of prefer BUIS, even on my handguns. Not all are (like the XL), but it just gives me a warm fuzzy for some reason…likely my career of going from irons to optics…old dogs still like irons, even if for backup.  

I still appreciate irons, but there is simply no comparison to having a red dot for the “average” shooter. Can you spend thousands of hours and thousands of rounds every month to be John Wick? Sure, but for the average shooter, speed and accuracy at distance with a red dot will ALWAYS beat irons. Period. If you don’t practice defensive shooting beyond the standard 25 yards, a red dot may not be important to you. If you just practice the usual 7 yard an in drills, it’s also a wash (at least for me it is). Speed at distance and multiple targets is where a red dot separates from iron sights…unless split times and accuracy are secondary concerns.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/20220601_195530_(2).jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

Quoted:

Parents know their kids best, I don’t judge. My son was three and half when he was on the range and safely handling a little .22 Rifle. Other than my bedroom defense guns, all my guns were locked up in the gun safe and anytime he wanted to see a gun, I let him. We would go through the whole safety process and handling. Guns weren’t taboo, I just taught him that he could handle them whenever he asked and I was with him. Interesting how that works…that 3-1/2 year old kid is now a 23-1/2 year old Infantry 2LT, full-time LEO, and on his department’s SWAT team.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/Andrew_s_HK-2102791.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2353/IMG_0434_copy_png-1973014.jpg

ROCK6

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I certainly hope so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly hope so.
Anyone who likes canoes and small motorcycles is ok with me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#22]

@03RN

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I certainly hope so.
View Quote

THAT DOESN’T EVEN LOOK LIKE A CANOE IN YOUR PICTURE YOU LIAR KAYAK-GUY!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly hope so.

Your narrative that a kayak is better than a canoe is not going to fly with me!!!  I'll have you know I've never had a canoe fail on me and you're not going to project your canoe shortcomings onto me!!!

*click*

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your narrative that a kayak is better than a canoe is not going to fly with me!!!  I'll have you know I've never had a canoe fail on me and you're not going to project your canoe shortcomings onto me!!!

*click*

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly hope so.

*click*

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey man, Kayakguy was taken and I have never even seen a post by him. Let me see if I can finda a pic though...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Si.

Saw it just last week running guys through training. His RDS (DPP) was working but his front sight was spinning.

Just to add to the bitching... Glock MOS plates are complete garbage.

Carry on...

C&H plates FTMFW
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

*click*

View Quote

I don’t have to sit here and have narcissistic kayak-love shoveled at me! You people act like nobody could float before the invention of the kayak! AND NOW YOU’RE GETTING EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Glock G45 w/ SRO and Alpha Trigger, 100yds
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't have to sit here and have narcissistic kayak-love shoveled at me! You people act like nobody could float before the invention of the kayak! AND NOW YOU'RE GETTING EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT!!
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don’t have to sit here and have narcissistic kayak-love shoveled at me! You people act like nobody could float before the invention of the kayak! AND NOW YOU’RE GETTING EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#32]
And now, after thirteen and a half years, I have a sig line.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maximum LOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You might be waiting a while due to your number 1.....I have multiple RMR's and like them but Trijicon is definitely not in a hurry to innovate.
View Quote

Rumor is they are dropping a closed emitter rds soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whaaa…?

Do tell, please. I need to know more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Legit LOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Whaaa…?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whaaa…?

The lack of details and sources is what makes it a rumor

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whaaa…?

So, I got the lotion out for nothing?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whaaa…?

Imagination time
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't care if you use a red dot or not, I personally dont have one on my carry guns now. However I don't kid myself, I don't doubt they are better for aquiring targets and accuracy in the real world where threats arent stationary targets. In fact I am going to go get a P365 and throw a red dot on there in the next few days because I have put it off too long. The guns and optics are now at a size that can easily be carried and concealed and it is time for me to change my ways.

There have been a number of times when it comes to firearms I had to realize I was being an obstinate ass about change. One was optics on rifles. I was a grunt fresh out of the Corps and I knew I could shoot irons just fine. then I shot a red dot on a rifle and realized I was indeed being ignorant. since that epiphany I have shot number of pistol competitions with mixed classes and can't dismiss the times and accuracy of those shooting a class that allows optics.

Also yes, you should change your batteries as well take them out of the optics in the safe that you dont use.

When the topic of red dots come up.. 2 things are certain
45-seventy will step in and share examples of how they can help
arizonarifleman will come in and shit on everything rds
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep. Let someone else control the narrative. Teach your kids to be afraid and that firearms are bad. It’s fine.
View Quote

In this thread we are presented with indisputable proof that a person just can’t get to 120,000 posts over the course of 12 years without a lot of them being really stupid.

Since user name changes are now possible for team members, you should think about changing yours to “johnnypantzonheadretarded”.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nah man, you can give it to AZ Rifleman for all his new burns
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

45-seventy will step in and share examples of how they can helpharshly attack and ridicule anyone that has an opinion that isn't shared by him
arizonarifleman will come in and shit on everything rds stand up to bullies and peers trying to force (shame, attack, insult, instigate, troll) their opinions on him
View Quote
Fixed. You're welcome.

A good leader and a good instructor doesn't do what 45 seventy does. And f I wanted to be told what to do or not do with a handgun sighting preference, I'd ask for it. I never once asked

And for the record, quote me where I told people not to put a red dot on their guns. I shit on the ones trying to shit on me or all of us that don't allow our wills to be bent to theirs. Apparantly they don't like receiving what they freely give out.

We are all on the same side here, why does not wanting a red dot on my handgun have to be so controversial with the pearl clutchers?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fixed. You're welcome.

A good leader and a good instructor doesn't do what 45 seventy does. And f I wanted to be told what to do or not do with a handgun sighting preference, I'd ask for it. I never once asked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

45-seventy will step in and share examples of how they can helpharshly attack and ridicule anyone that has an opinion that isn't shared by him
arizonarifleman will come in and shit on everything rds stand up to bullies and peers trying to force (shame, attack, insult, instigate, troll) their opinions on him
Fixed. You're welcome.

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top