Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, that's an hour video. I'm not sitting through that, cliff notes?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally finished both videos. It was time that could have been better spent.

Paul Harrell humbly goes to great length to explain everything on all of his videos for the benefit of the viewer so that folks even slower than me get it. (Mr. Harrell also tells you how to skip to the point if you prefer) He is also reluctant to mention his own accomplishments. This video is no different.

Beardy foul mouthed inky douchbag manlet indulges himself in more ways than one to his own perceived benefit and brags about himself while he wears cut off sleeves so everyone can see his douchey ink just in case they missed how full of himself he is. While he does an excellent exhibition shoot, it is very short and easily could have been repeated a hundred times in an hour of filming. Hell I could get that right given enough time. And I’m basically retarded.

Something else stands out.  Paul Harrell doesn’t seem to spend much time on his appearance. This is not meant as a slight. He just doesn’t waste time on silly things. He can also grow an excellent beard.

Beardy douchbag has a carefully hairsprayed combover and patchy beard. It looks like crap. Yet he obviously spends considerable time on his own vanity. Fail.

Beady inky dinky drinky douchbag has no standing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of douche makes a video ranting against Paul Harrell?

I don't even need to know the other dude to know he's a fucking asshole.  Paul is the real deal.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of either one.

Internet purse swinging and e-peen measuring is srs bzns.
View Quote
Guy lost me even before he said "Air Force".  

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:30:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He has some military experience, I'm not sure as to what or how long.
View Quote

20 years.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's an hour video. I'm not sitting through that, cliff notes?
View Quote
Mr. Harrell is still a stand up guy with integrity.

The other guy is just a fucking asswipe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Caleb's video is clickbait garbage and he should be ashamed.
View Quote
Which is why I didn't even click on his video - I don't want to give him the view.

I don't need to view his fucking tripe to know whose side I'm on.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/32453_png-1335755.JPG

Gun Nuts Media guy is the very definition of a "little shit". His replies are proof that he's a narcissistic pussy.
View Quote
That sniveling child reminds me of our very own Gunkid.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:40:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I like Paul's videos, imperfect though they may be to some. But hey, I still watch Hickock45's stuff, so what do I know?

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:40:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Gunnuts can suck my nuts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm on my 4th Harrell video and he's reminding me more and more of a "Gun Mr. Rogers"
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:43:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All I can say is....member name?

Because you know he's gotta be a member of this board. Gotta be.
View Quote
Oh please oh please oh please let him out himself.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Cliff Notes

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
TLDW. F that guy. Paul Harrell rocks and I wish he was my uncle.
View Quote

I have an uncle just like him. My uncle has guns in his safe he hasn't shot in years but has book data on all of them, rnds count, number of loaded rnds, lube type, load data etc.

I just shoot, load, clean.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:53:07 AM EDT
[#15]

I have nothing against Paul Harrell. Ive seen a few of his vids, seems like a knowledgable guy. But.......

What REALLY drives me nvts about some professionals, is they'll blink/snap/cave and and give the cheap seats the time of day by addressing their criticisms. Everytime some expert or professional does that I question their confidence.

And that gun nut guy was such peanut crowd material. Why even bother? He's a pip squeak.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And that gun nut guy was such peanut crowd material. Why even bother? He's a pip squeak.
View Quote

He (Paul) stated in the video that he was advised to make this rebuttal.  Whether that was an attorney or close friend he didn’t say.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He (Paul) stated in the video that he was advised to make this rebuttal.  Whether that was an attorney or close friend he didn’t say.
View Quote

I'm not really buying that. I think paul wanted to rebut the guy but he had to appear justified in doing so.

Ive never heard of someones youtube vids being legally liable because someone criticizes it. Of course I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:26:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Paul called me out on the M1a vs m1 Garand vid from last week.

Was simply showing how the M1a is superior to the m1 and listed 9 or so reasons.
[edit 3/26/20]My initial post for context:

Attachment Attached File

This was his response:

Attachment Attached File

He seems he can’t handle difference of opinions.

Still like the guy. He just needs to stick to his style and ignore the haters.

He has unique videos and I’ve learned a lot, just a little too thin skinned. If he sticks around, he will harden up just fine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:47:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Lol. He turned the comments off on his youtube video.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:49:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:50:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think he’s talking about this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPnUOoz6nk
View Quote

Damn, messed up the quote. @aimless, its the one above.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A guy who is (was?) a YouTuber admitted once that straight up reviews sometimes get no clicks and since you don't make money, why waste the time and effort making the video? But if you find some competitor making similar products or videos and call him a cunt, then all of sudden you're making money.

Why did that family with a "reality" tv show making pimped out harleys have constant scripted fights? Why did those duck call guys have fake Cub Scout camp skit fake adventures?

Because few people want to sit and watch a half hour of some guy driving his Camry to the office in his polo shirt and dockers sit at his desk and chat up distributors and crab at suppliers. So you grow out a beard, drive a truck to work, wear camo from some sponsor like you might shoot a duck from
your desk and pretend you spend your 8-5 workday hunting and getting into hijinks like Gomer Pyle.

Watching Harrell is like spending your lunch break with the droning guy who taught your hunter safety class in high school. Your dad told you he was in Korea and was the one guy in town who flew to Alaska once a year to hunt and had shit like polar bear heads over his TV.

But you day dreamed about those oh a bit too high hems on those uniforms the girls from Catholic school wore and wondered if the kind of stupid kid down the road had any pot you could buy.

Now that there's an internet you can spend all day listening to your dad's boring friend (Harrell) drone on about defensive use of revolvers, what shot size for snipe and where he gets the particular carhart  jacket he wears.

Of course some youtard will decide that calling out dad's boring friend will make him as much as three weeks at his regular job as a dispatcher at the 911 call center or managing the TGI Friday's, or whatever he does.

Rather than catch on that this is a trap, Harrell's going to trot out his high power shooting ribbons, modestly talk about his military service and explain again about the time he shot a drunk guy while camping.

Harrells followers, who might be a little less savy about the other guy's shenanigans, will go over and click the other guy's video making him money (the business model). Of course the other guy knows snotty douches will enjoy him snarking at Dad's Boring Buddy and the regular joes who like Dad's Boring Buddy will mutter how tue other looks like that punk from the 911 center who everyone in town is suspicious of for not having kids and they think he drives an hour into the nearest big city and sings as a drag queen.
View Quote

That is an absolutely perfect description of Harrell and third tier youtuber beef.

I miss the heady days of Taran drama.

Now its debating revolver reload technique. Next week it will be coach gun cqb tactics.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Gun nuts guy disabled comments and hid statistics on his video. I think that speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:03:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Paul called me out on the M1a vs m1 Garand vid from last week.

Was simply showing how the M1a is superior to the m1 and listed 9 or so reasons.

This was his response:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170028/506E6C77-367D-4B06-9411-83D392992953_jpe-1335805.JPG

He seems he can’t handle difference of opinions.

Still like the guy. He just needs to stick to his style and ignore the haters.

He has unique videos and I’ve learned a lot, just a little too thin skinned.
View Quote

I've noticed a phenomenon in which some boomer "experts" get a taste of internet praise and it gets them hooked. They start to believe their own bullshit and do not appreciate their edicts being questioned. This is often followed by talking about things outside their experience with the same certainty as things they actually do know something about.

I don't know if thats Harrell or not but it would explain some things. After watching a couple of his videos I decided his stuff was not for me.

Edit: To be clear the above is far from unique to boomer age youtubers but it seems many in younger generations are more apt to say "Fuck off", troll the commenter or just ignore/delete the person.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That is an absolutely perfect description of Harrell and third tier youtuber beef.

Now its debating revolver reload technique. Next week it will be coach gun cqb tactics.

View Quote

Hope so, will be way more interesting, and useful honestly, to watch than the 300 same style channels reviewing the same style shit to hang off your same style AR. We get it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A guy who is (was?) a YouTuber admitted once that straight up reviews sometimes get no clicks and since you don't make money, why waste the time and effort making the video? But if you find some competitor making similar products or videos and call him a cunt, then all of sudden you're making money.

Why did that family with a "reality" tv show making pimped out harleys have constant scripted fights? Why did those duck call guys have fake Cub Scout camp skit fake adventures?

Because few people want to sit and watch a half hour of some guy driving his Camry to the office in his polo shirt and dockers sit at his desk and chat up distributors and crab at suppliers. So you grow out a beard, drive a truck to work, wear camo from some sponsor like you might shoot a duck from
your desk and pretend you spend your 8-5 workday hunting and getting into hijinks like Gomer Pyle.

Watching Harrell is like spending your lunch break with the droning guy who taught your hunter safety class in high school. Your dad told you he was in Korea and was the one guy in town who flew to Alaska once a year to hunt and had shit like polar bear heads over his TV.

But you day dreamed about those oh a bit too high hems on those uniforms the girls from Catholic school wore and wondered if the kind of stupid kid down the road had any pot you could buy.

Now that there's an internet you can spend all day listening to your dad's boring friend (Harrell) drone on about defensive use of revolvers, what shot size for snipe and where he gets the particular carhart  jacket he wears.

Of course some youtard will decide that calling out dad's boring friend will make him as much as three weeks at his regular job as a dispatcher at the 911 call center or managing the TGI Friday's, or whatever he does.

Rather than catch on that this is a trap, Harrell's going to trot out his high power shooting ribbons, modestly talk about his military service and explain again about the time he shot a drunk guy while camping.

Harrells followers, who might be a little less savy about the other guy's shenanigans, will go over and click the other guy's video making him money (the business model). Of course the other guy knows snotty douches will enjoy him snarking at Dad's Boring Buddy and the regular joes who like Dad's Boring Buddy will mutter how tue other looks like that punk from the 911 center who everyone in town is suspicious of for not having kids and they think he drives an hour into the nearest big city and sings as a drag queen.

Which has to be one of the dumbest things to argue about. I love wheel guns, I grew up shooting them and I carried them for a long time. This is my personal opinion but to me, revolvers are obsolescent. Low capacity, slow reloads, and when it comes to the smaller, lighter snubbies, can be a handful in regards to recoil. With all the micro .380s and 9mms on the market there just isn't a reason to carry a revolver when you can get something just a light, with a higher capacity, faster to reload, and is often smaller and thinner and easier to manage when firing. That said when I'm feeling nostalgic every now and then I'll toss my M&P 340 or 342Ti in my ankle holster and carry one as a back up. They just are not my first choice anymore.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hope so, will be way more interesting, and useful honestly, to watch than the 300 same style channels reviewing the same style shit to hang off your same style AR. We get it.
View Quote

There are a lot of good medieval weapons channels on youtube.

If I'm gonna kill a TP raider with something from the 1700's its going to be a big ass pike or a saber.

A tripod mounted punt gun aimed at the front door would be pretty sweet though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:24:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Caleb is such a dipshit. Now, Shelly Giddings on the other hand..
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"My attorney suggested I make this video, I am certainly not filming a rebuttal because I'm butthurt some whippersnapper called me a boomer!"
View Quote

Yep, thats my take as well
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I've seen several of Paul's videos over the past year and I like him enough.

I turned the other guy off after listening to him for 15 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Harrell is my favorite youtube "gun guy".
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone who has to point out that they are drinking while making a video is probably an ass.  I generally turn that shit off before it even gets started.

Anyone who turns off the comments on a video is probably an ass and/or is not willing to defend their opines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#37]
It seems like they're both thinned skinned and have ego's but one of them is a narcissistic jackass that lacks wisdom.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Caleb Giddings is a little bitch with Napoleon Complex. Since he became an Air Force reserve SP he now acts like he is a Tier One operator
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#39]
I like Paul's stuff.

I'm not a big fan of YT bashing.
It's like East Coast and West Coast rappers in a beef but with guns.

Hey, ah Wait.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#40]
The non Paul Harrell video was insufferable.  I couldn't make it past 5 minutes. wtf dude
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The last couple minutes of Pauls video are Savage.
View Quote

The slow boil to the savagery, really made it pay off.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think there's a small resurgence in interest in defensibe revolvers just like there was in da/sa autos. Why? Nostalgia?
for decades I had a model 36 I carried as a back up and a borrowed Python for hunting. I've bought 4 smith and Wesson revolvers since then, mostly for fun
View Quote

Nostalgia is not the reason for DA autos seeing a resurgence.  With strikers being so common now and being the "standard" you're just seeing people venture beyond it for the first time and learning that there is something safer and better out there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I couldn't take that Caleb douche. His overly dramatic theatrics turned me off immediately. It's like listening to a high school girl talk about a rival click.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I watched it this morning.

All I can say about the haters is this.

WHEN I CHOOSE to watch a Paul Harrel video, it is SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE I want HIS particular brand of insight on THAT topic.

If you dont like how he presents his information, there are no shortage of alternatives.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Do you inkies see why we detest you?

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think there's a small resurgence in interest in defensibe revolvers just like there was in da/sa autos. Why? Nostalgia?
for decades I had a model 36 I carried as a back up and a borrowed Python for hunting. I've bought 4 smith and Wesson revolvers since then, mostly for fun
View Quote

I think they are fun to shoot. Especially the 340 with full power .357 mags. There is something amusing about the fire ball and noise coming out of such a small gun. I am a sucker for a 9mm revolver though. I've bought a few over the past few years. I just like the idea of being able to not have to keep .357 or .38 around.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Absolutely savage rebuttal
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Caleb dude could’ve been courteous and politely disagreed, corrected, etc. and tipped his hat to Paul. Instead he bitched and whined and came off as the world’s most arrogant douchenozzle.

Just started the Paul one but this is a silly slap-fight already.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Caleb dude could’ve been courteous and politely disagreed, corrected, etc. and tipped his hat to Paul. Instead he bitched and whined and came off as the world’s most arrogant douchenozzle.

Just started the Paul one but this is a silly slap-fight already.
View Quote

That kid reminded me of a gun counter operator. Came off like a know it all douche. Made me ignore everything he had to say after hearing him for less than 30 seconds.
Page / 15
Top Top