Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the fb material.  This should be good.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That was well played.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 3:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
For someone that works for news television, I'm surprised he isn't more careful with comments like that.

The founding fathers had no idea what TV or the Internet was. The same argument can be made against them for the First Amendment.

The fact is, these men were brilliant and the government they created served as the framework for many constitutions enacted around the world since then. They couldn't foresee the exact mediums we use to communicate or the weaponry that we now have, but their points are still equally as relevant - our rights are bestowed upon us by our Creator and respected by the Constitution. NOT granted by the Constitution. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 3:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Is he a citizen of U.S?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For someone that works for news television, I'm surprised he isn't more careful with comments like that.

The founding fathers had no idea what TV or the Internet was. The same argument can be made against them for the First Amendment.

The fact is, these men were brilliant and the government they created served as the framework for many constitutions enacted around the world since then. They couldn't foresee the exact mediums we use to communicate or the weaponry that we now have, but their points are still equally as relevant - our rights are bestowed upon us by our Creator and respected by the Constitution. NOT granted by the Constitution. BIG DIFFERENCE.

He's British; their editorial don't really have to worry about PC the same way we do. Clarkson; case in point.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
can they deport that fuck back to England?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unfortunately that won't stop Piers from continuing to spew the liberal narrative.

He knows he's lying.  His goal is to influence the ignorant by any means necessary.

Of course.

Every time I see some actor open their pie-hole about politics or class warfare I think of both Rush Limbaugh & Pat Sajak.

Rush: pretty much that actors spew bullshit, pretending to be the "common man" who feels the rich need to pay their fair share... so that we  overlook how much fucking money we give these people when we buy tickets to their movies.  

Pat: actors live in their own little bubble of reality.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Serves the arrogant twit right, trying to come over here and lecture us on our heritage.

"Well, we've already run the riffraff out of our country." - Thomas Quigley  (quoted from memory, so don't be too harsh!)
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No returns - you let him in, you keep him; we don't want him back
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Serves the arrogant twit right, trying to come over here and lecture us on our heritage.

"Well, we've already run the riffraff out of our country." - Thomas Quigley  (quoted from memory, so don't be too harsh!)

Close- the actual quote was "We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent 'em back to England"
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does someone need to be punched in the face again?  

Fuck you, Piers Morgan.  If you are going to come to the U.S. and live here, at least do your hosts the courtesy of actually LEARNING and UNDERSTANDING their history and government. shutting the fuck up.

FIFY

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#13]
HA-HA!
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
yeah what is with all these cnn faggots who are not even from america... martin bashir? Fareed Zakaria?

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:58:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Does Clarkson have to choke a bitch?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Once again, I say....

Who gives a shit about what Piers Morgan thinks - or any other foreigner who thinks they have American politics "figured out".

They can't get their own countries in order, so they come to the land of opportunity.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
that sniveling bitch ass cocksucker has ZERO right to say shit about the 2a, let alone push his bullshit on tv.

Actually he DOES have that right.

Fucking 1st Amendment.  How does it work?

Fuck Piers Morgan, though.

Nope he is not an american, he is a british twat the very damned reason it was written was to get out of their tyranny...so fuck him.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:15:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Twice we threw the British out , maybe we need to do it again.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I am mystified at the morons who keep muttering that the 2nd amendment was written with muskets in mind, as if the founding fathers, who had just fought a war and were well educated in history, were unaware that instruments of war and arms evolve.  I'm pretty sure these intelligent chaps did in fact have that in mind when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

Not to mention that "arms" meant weapons in the broad sense. Including canons. Yes, there were canons in private hands during those times. A lot? No, but no distinction was made militarily, or legally, what defined "arms". It was assumed the weaponry of war.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That Morgan feller....he's got a bit of King George in him.

We know how to handle his type.

seriously.

if he doesnt like our freedoms he can go back to England, just like all the brits that didn't like them last time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought the whole twitter exchange was typical internet BS until I read this article:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/piers-morgan-defends-nbcs-bob-costas-on-gun-control/article/2514976#.UL4DV-Q714I

It seems Morgan really is a douche.

Also, for those who say that the 2nd Amendment doesn't take into account - nor should it include - modern firearms, remind them that at the time the original 10 amendments to the Bill of Rights were written, slavery was legal and women couldn't vote. If they really want to go back to the original Bill of Rights, let's go all the way back.

Times change, the Constitution allows for this and keeps our basic rights secure.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:31:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Snaaap. Fuck muskets. And hunting purposes.

It is sobering for people to own up to the purpose of the 2nd being the willful imposition of fire upon tyrants and thieves.

It's not about hunting. It's about shooting kings and lords in the face.
yep

It's about shooting any tyrant in the face, no matter what title they give themselves.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I thought the whole twitter exchange was typical internet BS until I read this article:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/piers-morgan-defends-nbcs-bob-costas-on-gun-control/article/2514976#.UL4DV-Q714I

It seems Morgan really is a douche.

Also, for those who say that the 2nd Amendment doesn't take into account - nor should it include - modern firearms, remind them that at the time the original 10 amendments to the Bill of Rights were written, slavery was legal and women couldn't vote. If they really want to go back to the original Bill of Rights, let's go all the way back.

Times change, the Constitution allows for this and keeps our basic rights secure.

you know piers, they don't have handguns in the violent crime free utopia of Great Britain, maybe you should just go the fuck back
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I love how he's expert on the matter...and isn't even American.

I'm praying his visa runs out soon.[ETA] I think he is wanted on slander charges if he ever steps off the plane in London.

[ETA]  I used to be friends with a brit who lived here.  He would not pursue U.S. Citizenship because he
did not want to pay US income tax.  [and other lowly commoner stuff like that].
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Another good point id freedom of press was penned with the press in mind, not electronic communication.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah what is with all these cnn faggots who are not even from america... martin bashir? Fareed Zakaria?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24733313.jpg

They seek out international actors in an attempt at legitimacy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Another good point id freedom of press was penned with the press in mind, not electronic communication.

And here this whole time I thought it was freedom to press myself up against a lovely lady.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Free speech was devised with single page printing presses in mind, not television and the internet.  Fact.

Also, on a slightly more serious note, the 2nd amendment was devised right after we'd gotten done shooting a bunch of Brits who wanted to dictate our lives to us in the face.

Where are you from, again, Piers?

Someone beat me to it...and I can add nothing to this explanation.

"BAM, HEADSHOT!"

And another beer pint for Jeremy Clarkson for knocking that piss-ant Morgan flat on his ass arse.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Piers ought to keep his knob-flap sealed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Is Jeremy Clarkson going to have to choke a bitch?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuck Piers and Fuck CNN...

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Did anyone else read the thread title and expect to find yet another self promoting Crowder thread?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:20:49 AM EDT
[#38]
The best part is that the constitution does say exactly that in the militia clause to the second amendment.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#39]
That's beautiful
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Piers ought to keep his knob-flap sealed.
Is that British for "cock holster" ?

Pretty much.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snaaap. Fuck muskets. And hunting purposes.

It is sobering for people to own up to the purpose of the 2nd being the willful imposition of fire upon tyrants and thieves.

It's not about hunting. It's about shooting kings and lords in the face.
yep

It's about shooting any tyrant in the face, no matter what title they give themselves.

Tyranny cam come from the government, or a mob. Ask the blacks in the segregation south, or the Korean shopkeepers in LA.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I hate it when britt fags come over here and try to change our rules.

If you don't agree, go back and suckle on the queens tit and STFU.

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Somebody should let him know about the Giordoni air rifle.

Large magazine, semi automatic, equivalent to a .45 ACP round, used by the Austrian Army, carried by Lewis and Clark.

The founders were aware of it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No way, you took him in and he's your problem now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That was good Piers need to go back to Jolly old England and leave us the fuck alone.

Or, put a Red Coat and a blue helmet on him. I'll volunteer.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way, you took him in and he's your problem now.

I can think of a few more we can export to the colonies for their delectation while we are at it

Keira Kneightley is whom you're speaking of, no doubt..
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I am mystified at the morons who keep muttering that the 2nd amendment was written with muskets in mind, as if the founding fathers, who had just fought a war and were well educated in history, were unaware that instruments of war and arms evolve.  I'm pretty sure these intelligent chaps did in fact have that in mind when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

Not to mention that "arms" meant weapons in the broad sense. Including canons. Yes, there were canons in private hands during those times. A lot? No, but no distinction was made militarily, or legally, what defined "arms". It was assumed the weaponry of war.

Not to mention that the Miller case was arguing that his sawed off shotgun was not protected by the 2A because it was a weapon that wouldn't typically be used by a military. Taking the Constitution and Federalist Papers by their intent, technically the government (if able to ban any guns at all) would be able to ban rifles and shotguns that are made specifically for hunting, but would protect firearms such as select fire M-16s since they are typically used by the military.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top