Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife is a nurse and they prank new nurses and interns by spiking their water bottles with a few cc's of lidocaine. 10 minutes after drinking the water, their mouths go numb.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a service contract for military housing back in the 90's, my crew did cleaning and grounds maintenance.  A couple of the painters liked to prank my crew, so we would return the favor.  Speed limit was 15mph, plenty slow enough for a drive-by with a giant Super Soaker.  Cut a ripe lemon or avacado and lay it in the driver's seat of their work van, they would hop in and smash.    

Another place I worked, co-worker had a brand new water jug.  We dumped it out and filled it with harbor water.  He took a big swig, threw it right back up.  Boss was a tree hugger liberal, hated talk radio, so we would put Rush on, and hide the radio in the shop where he couldn't find or reach it.  He would thrash at the cord like it was on fire to get it unplugged.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Always seemed to get out of hand.
I went nuclear on a guy 20 years ago. No one has messed wth me since.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
We used to cut a finger off of gloves at work and then stuff it in so it looked fine.

The three of us would do it to each other all the time and laugh about it. One time I cut a finger off a glove and the guy asked me if I did it. I told the guy that Steve, the other guy stopped by and cut it off and ran away. The silly fucker believed me and couldn't believe someone would stop by at work on their free time and do that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
A guy I know has a guy that drives him crazy at work. The guy is one of those OCD anal types who can't stand anything out of the ordinary or out of place. He's been fucking with the guy for months now by going to a branch of the guys bank and randomly depositing $1.87 into his account. The guy has been freaking out trying to figure out why $1.87 keeps appearing in his checking account. He's stepping it up lately and has had his friends in different states deposit $1.87 into the guys bank account too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok that one is pretty funny, kinda a welcome to the family.. err insane asylum kinda way

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We had a newly hired engineer that was supposed to start the next week.

Called him up at 9:30 the Monday before he was supposed to start and asked him where the heck he was at, why hadn't he showed up for his first day??!!?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A guy I know has a guy that drives him crazy at work. The guy is one of those OCD anal types who can't stand anything out of the ordinary or out of place. He's been fucking with the guy for months now by going to a branch of the guys bank and randomly depositing $1.87 into his account. The guy has been freaking out trying to figure out why $1.87 keeps appearing in his checking account. He's stepping it up lately and has had his friends in different states deposit $1.87 into the guys bank account too.
View Quote
That's beautiful!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
There may or may not be a rubber snake in the couch in the breakroom.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
At the Telco we had vans with built in drawers for small parts and stuff. An 87¢ bag of composted steer manure fills a couple of them nicely.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Zip tie on driveshaft has been the flavor of the day here.
View Quote
Right up there with small rocks in hubcaps.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Co-worker slipped a firecracker under the door of a 5'x 8' bathroom in use by another guy.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
My XO is majorly organized, and everything of his is set up perfectly.  Once a week or so I'll go move a book on his bookshelf a few sports to the left or right.

Ive seen him staring at his bookshelf looking confused for a solid 10 minutes before.  Worth it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Co-worker slipped a firecracker under the door of a 5'x 8' bathroom in use by another guy.  
View Quote
When I was in a unit that had on office that was NOT at the PD we used to do that all the time. Cut the lights, kick in the stall door and toss in a 100 count of Black Cats, LMAOOOO

J-
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Good God, some of you guys are lucky to be alive. LMAO
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Wireless mice are so much fun.

Can you still send text by cmd line in windows 10?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember an incident where the maintenance guys had a large piece of equipment torn apart and someone put some odd sized bolts in with the piles of parts from the machine.  They spent a few hours trying to figure out where those bolts went when they were reassembling it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Filled a bottle of hand sanitizer with KY jelly and left it on a desk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How about keeping the childish shit out of the work place while the adults are trying to get shit done
View Quote
This.  How any of y'all have the time for shit like this is beyond me.  

We get in, work our asses off, and get out.  No time for horseplay or any other type nonsense grab-ass bullshit.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Usually it's childish shit like crtl+alt+up and flipping peoples monitors upside down. One time we put an IED simulator (uses CO2 and baby powder) into my company commanders office rigged to his desk chair. That one went over pretty well until he did the same to my PSG in the back of his jeep.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just don't fuck with another man's automobile
View Quote
I used to work in a plastic manufacturing plant making stretch wrap. One of the guys called in on a busy night and we were all off the next day. We took a roll of it and wrapped his truck with it the next morning before he woke up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Pranked my wife's boss a while back.  He's a major science fiction author and had REALLY gotten into Pokemon Go for a while.  I found a little Pikachu toy at a local used bookstore and set it in with all the knick knacks on a bookcase just inside his front door.  He didn't notice it for weeks (his wife had noticed it immediately, but thought he'd put it there).  

At my last job a month or two back, the security guys had put a "ticket" on my windshield asking me to only park in my assigned parking spot.  Only problem is, our department was temporarily housed in another building while ours was under renovation, so my assigned parking spot was not only inaccessible, but across a major intersection as well.  After asking the lady in corporate security who handled parking permits and badges about my assigned spot, she laughed and said they had a new security guy who was a bit clueless, since I had been parked in the spot NEXT to the electric vehicle charger, but not in a reserved space (of course, I never saw an electric vehicle park there in the time I was there).  So my coworker decides he's going to go to our boss about it, and they decide to prank me by telling me it had to be documented (remember - I'd already talked to corporate security, how managed the security guards), but my coworker can't keep a straight face when trying to tell me I was going to need to file a report with HR.  So I go down the hall to our director's office, where my boss was in talking to him, and keeping a straight face, told him that my coworker had said I needed to do some paperwork?  I didn't bust out laughing until after he'd turned away while he tried to figure out what to say :-) 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#25]
A prior team leader with my current company had me write up a form for all of the employees to sign stating they had received the proper safety training for their position. Like the good employee I am, I promptly created a new "Formal Acknowledgement, Training And Safety Standards" document and circulated it to the office staff. Everyone signed it and submitted it back to said supervisor.

That's right... everyone in our office signed a FATASS form. He filed them away in a folder somewhere for corporate. My parting gift when I quit this job will be to make sure he and his regional manager are aware of what they asked the staff to do.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:09:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
fuck that's a good one.

J-
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was in Korea, one of the NCOs sent one of the new guys to find a copy of the I-D 10 Tango form to complete his inprocessing, because "S1 forgot to put it in his packet, and we are out of them." He got sent to Quality Control first. QC said that they had given their last copy to PVT Schmuckatelli, and sent him to Production Control. PC said that they did not have the form at all, and sent him to borrow a copy from Aco to make copies. Aco sent him to Bco, who sent him to Cco, who sent him to the 1SG.

1SG had a sense of humor, so he asked the orderly room clerk for one. The clerk played along and said that flight ops took the last copy. By this time, the poor guy had been wandering from office to office in the hangar for about an hour. I walked up to him as he was standing in line outside flight ops and asked him what he was doing. When he said that he was still trying to get the form to complete inprocessing, I told him to spell it out on a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Forgot about this one-coworker caught something in a glue trap she couldn't identify and posted a "What is this" on facebook. She found out I was working(resident critter guy) and decided to bring it, trap and all, to work. I told her with an oh shit look on my face it was a highly endangered species, with a $10,000 fine for killing it and another $5000 for transporting it.

It was a shrew.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Clear tape on sink sprayer handle.

Also its a good idea to lock your computer when you step away.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I've parked a truck bumper against a port-a-potty door once someone went in. Left him in there for a bit over an hour. Didn't hurt productivity at all

Different day, I helped put a ratchet strap around one to hold a guy in. I didn't know the end goal was to pick it up with a loader and jib by the top hooks, then drive around the job site

He didn't get anything on him, the there was enough motion to really stir up the material. The smell and the motion had him almost puking by the time he was let out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Guy I work with hums tunes incessantly. Sometimes it's really high pitched and he sounds like Gizmo from Gremlins. I started leaving him voicemails of Gizmo singing/humming. He suspects it's me but has no idea what the gizmo singing is or why it's happening. Luckily I get to move away from him soon which is also good because he has gotten pretty bad about sexually harassing me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Many moons ago, I was a supervisor for the electrical subcontractor on a big construction project. The general contractor's earthmoving supervisor was a royal dick. The site was pretty big and it took 10+ minutes to walk from one side to the other, but there were only two porta-pots. One at the back of the site, one at the front, by the job shack.  The dick supervisor road his folks heavy...raising hell if they started breaks too soon or were one minute late getting back on their equipment.   He also had a habit of grabbing the news paper and locking himself in the portapot next to the job shack just as the morning break siren sounded (if you can read a paper in a portashitter, on a construction site, there is something wrong with you to begin with.

Needless to say, the fact the he monopolized the shitter really pissed his guys off. One day they watched him go in, then used a backhoe bucket to block the shitter door.  Next they dropped the 1" high pressure airline, from a big portable compressor, down the vent stack, all the way into the shit tank at the bottom.  They fired it up, build the pressure up to max, and slammed the valve open.  

Blue-brown shit water squirted from all round the door and from the little vents up near the top.  When they turned the compressor off, you could hear him coughing and puking and helling.

Everyone else scattered and one guy hits the lever to move the backhoe bucket and hauls ass.

The GM fired the supervisor when he finally got cleaned off...told him that anyone that was hated that much by his men should not be working for their company.  A lot of beer and whisky flowed after work that day...I bought two rounds for the crew myself.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've parked a truck bumper against a port-a-potty door once someone went in. Left him in there for a bit over an hour. Didn't hurt productivity at all

Different day, I helped put a ratchet strap around one to hold a guy in. I didn't know the end goal was to pick it up with a loader and jib by the top hooks, then drive around the job site

He didn't get anything on him, the there was enough motion to really stir up the material. The smell and the motion had him almost puking by the time he was let out.
View Quote
Shit like that is why I carry a big ass knife that is sharp enough to cut my own door in the side when I am on deployment.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Big assed old fashioned flashbulb in the desktop computer.  Wait until they turn it on.  

Gets REAL bright and if you get a coated one you get a crinkle sound for extra effect.
The bulb will flash to an open condition so no electronics will get hurt.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#36]
A couple somebodies' lunches were spiked with Trinidad Scorpion Chili flakes in retaliation to pranking, good thing we worked in a hospital, in the OR. Shit stopped after that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#37]
We had a guy who saved all of his hole punches and put them in someone's umbrella.
When the guy goes outside, he raises his umbrella, opens it, and it's snowing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How about keeping the childish shit out of the work place while the adults are trying to get shit done
View Quote
I love people like you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jello around phone

how has this not been said yet?
View Quote
Working in a firehouse a day without shenanigans is like a day without sunshine. Strawberry Kool-Aid powder in bunkers boots means pink socks for the day. Bouillon cubes in the shower heads, stacking a guys bed up on empty soda cans while he's out on a call in the middle of the night, all of that nonsense.

My all time favorite was when we had a little feud going with another shift. We hid a remote doorbell the same model as ours in the drop ceiling over the real door bell. Then gave the ringer to another guy on our shift who worked on the local ambulance on his off days. When he was on nights him and his partner used to drive by the station and ding dong ditch them all night without ever having to stop the ambulance. It took them a few months to figure it out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Stationed in Guam, Had a co worker that anytime somebody left something laying around he would put it in the freezer.  People finally got tired of it.  On day he left his brand new Asics Gel sole running shoes in the lounge, "somebody" put them in the freezer.  By the time he found them the gel packs had frozen a ruptured
View Quote
Years ago I used to work in a warehouse. We had one of those rotating vending machines that sold sandwiches and stuff. You moved the wheel to your selection, put in your money and opened the door to get your item.

Whenever I'd get something out of there I always grabbed this one guys brown bag lunch out of the fridge and stick it in the now empty slot before letting the door close. Everyday that asshole had to buy his lunch back out of the vending machine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Zip tie on driveshaft has been the flavor of the day here.
View Quote
We had a guy on our shift who was a clueless idiot when it came to cars. One day we frayed up a piece of old trailer harness wiring and hung it under his car where he would see it before getting in. Plan worked and he took his car into the dealer for service on his next day off. I don't know who laughed harder at him them or us.

Had another guy we used to fuck with by leaving individual lug nuts on his locker. He would go out a scrutinize his truck looking for the missing nut before leaving. Of course we never actually removed any lug nuts. Somebody just happened to have a big bag of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The manager of the scrap yard next door to my shop stopped in for a visit one day and his phone rang nonstop the whole time he was there.  Every time it rang, he looked at it, shook his head, sent the call to voicemail and then said "bastards".  I asked what was going on and he said that apparently one of his coworkers had placed a couple of adds in local "Swap and Sell" type papers for free goats.  I think that went on for a couple of weeks before the calls finally slowed down.  To this day, I still ask if he's got any free goats when he comes in.

When I was in college I worked part time at AutoZone.  A couple of the guys there seemed to get great pleasure in waiting for one of us to go to the bathroom and then take a lighter & can of carb cleaner and shooting a five or six foot flame under the door while you were taking a shit.  If they didn't have a can of carb cleaner handy they'd take a roll of duct tape and throw it as hard as they could from 20' away.  Sounded like a damn bomb going off when it hit the door.  Either one would scare the shit out of you, literally.  
View Quote
Back in high school I had two jobs. The first one was in a restaurant and if you took a a dump in the employee bathroom in back the kitchen staff would sneak in and fastball pitch russet potatoes at the stall door. It would startle you to say the least. When that got old their next thing they moved on to was to try to steal your belt while you were on the commode. I got one of them by dumping a cup of chocolate pudding on his arm when he tried for my belt.

After that I worked at an Ace Hardware the rest of the way through high school. One Saturday when I got off at like 2 or 3 that afternoon I snuck a pair of rubber boots into the bathroom and left them sitting in front of the shitter so from under the stall it looked like somebody was on the pot. Since it was the only men's restroom nobody could take a dump all day and the closers stayed an hour late waiting for the all day pooper to leave. They finally peaked in to see it was just a pair of boots. I never fessed up to that one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I will occasionally get in my brother's truck, turn the key and turn the radio all the way up.  Key off, then turn wipers on as fast as they will go and fan up as high as it will go.

It's fun watching their brain process what to correct first.  If it was just the radio he would turn it down immediately.  The wipers make people short circuit.  I'm laughing just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
A high pressure air hose down the vent tube makes everything blue........
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Me and another guy adjusted several of our coworkers desks so they were slightly uneven. Barely noticeable, just enough so round objects would roll one way. We work in an engineering lab so it's common to have tools and other things on your desk. It took awhile before anyone noticed. We actually got scolded for that one. The laugh was worth it though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice!
I'm stealing that one.
Thank you
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Had to share an office with a coworker while our new offices were being built (twelve years ago).  Somehow I found out he had been fucking the 16yo summer help copy girl.  At the end of the summer she moved back to Alabama to live with her dad.  T-Mobile at the time had a thing on their website where you could send texts to t-mobile customers and just put in a name.  There was no return to the texts.  For three weeks myself and half of the office would send him texts from this girl about twice a day.  It got pretty crazy as people would make up some crazy shit to say to him and then they would come to my office for me to send it to him and watch his reaction.  I knew she had gotten her phone taken away and deactivated before she left because her mom worked in the accounting office.

After about three weeks it had gotten to the point where she had told him she was pregnant with his baby and she had stolen a car and was coming back to GA to live with him.  We stretched that out over a few days as she would stay with friends in places getting closer and closer.  When we said she was 30 minutes away he went outside and sat in the bed of his truck and started eating his lunch.  By now the whole office (50-60 people) knew what was going on.  The owner said to call it an end and tell him.  He took it well, considering.  Many pranks ensued from there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#48]
We had a waterfront site with conex boxes stacked and arranged for the shops, with offices and covered break area upstairs.  The restroom was also upstairs.  One day, the safety guy tells the lead to move the vent line from the black tank further away from the building.  Lead goes and buys some PVC pipe, and runs the vent around the back of safety guy's office, right up to the a/c unit.  Every time someone went in to see safety guy, they would pull the fresh air lever on the a/c and draft in the stench.  Took him a couple weeks to figure it out.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#49]
A bowl full of Haribo Gummy Bears in the break room.

After a week of everyone helping themselves, switch to the sugar-free ones.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Take screenshot of desktop background and then save that as a background, hide all icons.

Would confuse the fuck out of them for a few minutes.
View Quote
That can last all day... Screen-shot with an error messages on Windows desktop... Guy would click like a mo-fo to try to get the error messages to close, then finally reboot. Which naturally cleared the error.  ;p   While booting up, before he logs in remove the screen-shot so it's gone when he logged in... 5 minutes later, that damned error came back.  Hilarity ensued for hours.

NT4 days, launched pinball and other stuff remotely several times on an instructors presentation machine that he didn't lock down...

Back in the pager days... Guy in a high-population cube-farm would always use his speaker phone on damned near full volume...  Paged him with a 911 followed by 1-800 #... Our protocol for call right now... Speaker phone fires up...dials....Dude answers... "DO YOU LIKE LEATHER, BABY..." 

Wasn't involved, but one guy arrived to his desk one day to find his tailgate parked there... He'd periodically park his big-assed truck with the tail-gate down in a cramped location in a parking garge... Folks decided to leave him a message, taped to his tailgate, at his desk...

Saw a cubicle stretch-wrapped and filled with corn-starch packing peanuts once... He was fortunate it was an electronics place that used anti-static packing materials... A mess nonetheless.  Heh, they filled the desk drawers too.

And then there was the guy who traveled to Australia and returned to his desk with everything upside down and backwards... Can't take credit for that one either, but it was humorous.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top