Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/8/2023 11:25:22 AM EDT
Thanks Republicans!

Son, I am disappoint
-About a quarter of young Republicans in one poll said they strongly or somewhat supported an assault weapons ban.

Harvard Youth Pole
-Half of young Americans (50%) support implementing law enforcement policies similar to England, where firearms are not provided to regular police officers, just those with special training.

University of Texas/Texas Politics Project Poll
- Raising the age limit on gun purchases was supported by 91% of Democrats, and a smaller, but still majority, share of Republicans, 64%. Similarly, 64% of Republicans and 88% of Democrats supported the concept of a red flag law.

Other people's children - JFC.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]
LMAO, no it isn't.

suspect poll is suspect.  Sales and CCW permit numbers by demographic are telling a different story
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Same as it's ever been.  Kids are idiots mostly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#3]
So it's the boomer's fault their grand children are fools?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol. Politico
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I would take this poll with a huge grain of salt. Once you start looking at these types of articles with the idea that they are probably propaganda pieces things make more sense. I don't think most American's want to give up their ability to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Pure propaganda used to sway opinions.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol. Politico
View Quote

Leftist trash pushing leftist propaganda, who would have expected that?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

suspect poll is suspect.  Sales and CCW permit numbers by demographic are telling a different story
View Quote

Exactly, record gun sales but no support for guns?  What a bunch of horse shit.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#9]
There support for faggoty Marxists is turning me off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Sure
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Lately, you'd be surprised what you can get out of most of GD's "conservative gun owners" for a measly $200.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Every post so far has “Nailed It”

Commies gonna Commie
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I need to learn sign language for, "Go Fuck YOurself"
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

View Quote

They try to spin that as there actually aren't that many gun owners in America, but a tiny subset that are SUPER GUN OWNERS.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lately, you'd be surprised what you can get out of most of GD's "conservative gun owners" for a measly $200.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Same as it's ever been.  Kids are idiots mostly.
View Quote

The only difference is that people want to weaponize that ignorance now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I call bullshit on The Politico.

I wish I had never sold them that ... I should have held onto it had I known they were going-to-be such a bunch of fucking commie fucktards.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks Republicans!

Son, I am disappoint
-About a quarter of young Republicans in one poll said they strongly or somewhat supported an assault weapons ban.

Harvard Youth Pole
-Half of young Americans (50%) support implementing law enforcement policies similar to England, where firearms are not provided to regular police officers, just those with special training.

University of Texas/Texas Politics Project Poll
- Raising the age limit on gun purchases was supported by 91% of Democrats, and a smaller, but still majority, share of Republicans, 64%. Similarly, 64% of Republicans and 88% of Democrats supported the concept of a red flag law.

Other people's children - JFC.
View Quote
Any poll taken anywhere near a University and any answer given by anyone over 18 y/o still in school are automatically suspect.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I fall into the 'millennial' group and both support 0 firearm restrictions whatsoever.

We do 100% support restrictions on all this BS LGBTBBQ child grooming bullshit though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Yet people still support the Uniparty!

The same party that is tearing apart our country and laughing behind closed doors!

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Support for guns was one of the main reasons I considered myself Republican-leaning. I think that the booming support for Trump and his conspiracy theories have a lot more to do with turning off younger voters than firearms.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Politico is far-left agitprop.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

View Quote

We always see these numbers but yet I'm seeing more left-wing, minority, and female people purchasing guns than ever before. Gun sales numbers and CCW permits being issued and the number of states implementing constitutional carry in just the last 5 years (25 total states now or HALF of the union...) all seem to be saying otherwise.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#24]
What did anyone with a brain expect? You sent them to brainwashing schools and colleges. This is what you paid for. Did you get your money's worth of stupid?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#25]
My personal experience while allegorical is that young men with no hands on experience with firearms are coming to the shooting sports via first person shooter video games in droves.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Leftist propaganda
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There Their support for faggoty Marxists is turning me off.
View Quote
Fixed
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They try to spin that as there actually aren't that many gun owners in America, but a tiny subset that are SUPER GUN OWNERS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

yeah, well they also said antifa is just an idea and conservatives are literal fascists.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

View Quote

I think plenty of people who vote anti 2nd still buy them because they can. I had a person I know was a hard core dem tell me, " We shouldn't have 'em but I want mine" referring to AR's
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Politico: The Jim Cramer of reporting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

View Quote

Politico is Leftist propaganda.
ETA:  I see this fact has been covered extensively.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Brainwashing in schools from the ones they actually polled.

Fuck politico those lefty commies. They pretend to be unbiased but they always crap on guns.  And generally republicans as well. Occasionally they spank their own.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#33]
If they decide to vote Dem, then they were never conservatives.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless you routinely PT and train with a fireteam element or larger, teaching basic infantry skills to newbies you can shitcan the act that you're helping to do anything clutching your illegal sbr in your basement. Go network. Go train. Get in shape. Have weapons and gear to outfit a small group, and the knowledge base to train them. Your local cell should be able to act as an ODA to stand up a guerilla force at a moments notice. If you aren't doing that, at a bare minimum, you're going to be why we lose.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Can confirm this is not true for any of the 10+ millennial Republicans I know (in addition to a few Boomer, Millennial, and Gen Z Democrats).  Also wouldn't surprise me if most of the people polled want laws that already exist in some form (ie. closing the "gun show loophole", which I hear about in PA when we already have UBCs for pistols) or think "assault weapon" = machine gun and not a 10/22 or threaded Glock.

Then again, these "polls" tell us people overwhelmingly support a lot of stuff that turns out to be false pretty frequently, so I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#37]
It’s a common tactic of the left to pretend to care about Republicans’ success. “If only the GOP would adopt our position on ‘X’ they’d have more support from *fill in the blank.*”

Yeah, thanks, guy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lol. Politico
View Quote

PoliticNO.

Literally wrong about everything
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
LMAO, no it isn't.

View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Snip::
I don't think most American's want to give up their ability to defend themselves.
View Quote

Most Americans have given up their ability to support themselves. They are fine with uncle sugar defending them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#42]
They will then be ruled by people with guns
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My personal experience while allegorical is that young men with no hands on experience with firearms are coming to the shooting sports via first person shooter video games in droves.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm so old I remember when they said all this about my generation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Suspect

My sons and their buddies are all gun owners under 21. They shoot regularly. Gun sales have been off the charts the past several years. Obama and Biden have been the biggest gun marketers in history.

Idonblevit.jpg
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Republican support of gun rights is about the only reason left to vote for them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Born in 83. So Millennial. Fuck all gun laws. Should be able to go to Kroger and pick up a new full auto MPX with suppressor when I go buy a case of Diet Dr. Pepper.
GOP being democrats is what is turning me off of the GOP.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ouch.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#50]
This millennial is turned off by Republicans' weak support for gun rights.  Same goes for all my millennial friends.  Of course, there is some selection bias there.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top