View Quote
A mispelled  Kubota.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
confused electrons.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
"What round for wooly mammoth lads?"

I thought you meant Valentina Zharkova, but no pics.  One job, OP.  One job.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Learn to ski, learn to ski, learn to ski.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Ragnarok is upon us....
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From the video at 1:19:40

"...some scientist believe global warming could trigger the most catastrophic result of all, an ice age."

If it gets warmer we're right, if it gets colder we're right. So we better get a carbon tax enacted, hire more government employees, and create more laws and regulations.  ....before it's too late.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t watched it, but here’s your imbed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZFXZ0bATyc

"...some scientist believe global warming could trigger the most catastrophic result of all, an ice age."

If it gets warmer we're right, if it gets colder we're right. So we better get a carbon tax enacted, hire more government employees, and create more laws and regulations.  ....before it's too late.  
You knew those fucking clowns would say that...…….just like clockwork.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I'll just stay here
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can some tell me in English what going on
View Quote
The Danes are going to invade southward again.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
<----- chuckles in Yooper
View Quote
That kind of behavior is why we interned the Yoopanese in camps during WWII.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Civilization and technology developed in warm climates. Northern Europe (the "cold Europe" you're talking about) didn't overtake anybody until the Renaissance followed the Medieval warming period. Even European development moved from the south to the north. Once technology was developed, climate made less difference, but technology started in warm climates. Cold climates lagged way behind until a few hundred years ago. The facts show the opposite of your theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Europeans were born of an Ice Age. Europeans have been dominating warm cycles that they are poorly adapted to thanks to raw versatility. A new Ice Age will benefit Europeans and hurt every other population.

All hail the Snow Wizards.
Lol.... WAT?!
The European peoples have significant Neanderthal ancestry, and the Neanderthals developed and thrived in ice-age Europe that we would think nearly uninhabitable with modern technology.

Then the admixed Neanderthal/Cro-Magnon population adapted to thrive in the European cold climate cycles and also warmer climates. Few other populations are cold-adapted, and none are as versatile in cold and hot.

A return to cold climatic conditions will basically mean one thing: Food gets expensive, since a huge chunk of the planets food comes from northern latitudes. Europeans have manageable populations and are exceedingly good at growing maximum yield crops, they will feed themselves just fine.

Africa? India? South America?

They're screwed. They will not be able to afford to buy food and they cannot grow enough themselves.

If an Ice Age were to happen, in 1,000 years you'd have European cyborgs, a smaller population of Chinese/Korean/Japanese cyborgs, and tiny barbarian tribes in the wastelands.
Civilization and technology developed in warm climates. Northern Europe (the "cold Europe" you're talking about) didn't overtake anybody until the Renaissance followed the Medieval warming period. Even European development moved from the south to the north. Once technology was developed, climate made less difference, but technology started in warm climates. Cold climates lagged way behind until a few hundred years ago. The facts show the opposite of your theory.
Technological development has always followed food surpluses, nothing more and nothing less.

The first great acceleration of technology began in Sumer, where the environment allowed for easy agriculturalization. Yields were low, and the environment had nearly sole influence over food surpluses. Lack of effective food storage made agriculture unusable to sustain larger populations in regions with significant winters.

Europeans have since changed the rules. They now massively change the local environment to suit their needs (look at the Neatherlands), they generate absurdly high yields, they can store food surpluses almost indefinitely.

Food surpluses now follow the European peoples (proven in the Colonial era). They are the unquestionable kings at it.

Additionally, Europeans have technologically transcended most of the world except for the East Asians. They will dominate whatever populations they must to continue their civilizations. How soon we forget the prior expansions from the north of the Sea Peoples, Dorians, Goths, Norse, all rooted in far smaller technological advantages and migratory pressures.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Gingers are coming.

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#12]
As water gets tied up in snow and glaciers, the ocean levels will drop.  Since in FL, I own to the Mean High Tide Line, my property will vastly increase.  Maybe I can get a government grant to put in some section 8 housing for all the Damnyankees that will be coming this way!
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Technological development has always followed food surpluses, nothing more and nothing less.

The first great acceleration of technology began in Sumer, where the environment allowed for easy agriculturalization. Yields were low, and the environment had nearly sole influence over food surpluses. Lack of effective food storage made agriculture unusable to sustain larger populations in regions with significant winters.

Europeans have since changed the rules. They now massively change the local environment to suit their needs (look at the Neatherlands), they generate absurdly high yields, they can store food surpluses almost indefinitely.

Food surpluses now follow the European peoples (proven in the Colonial era). They are the unquestionable kings at it.

Additionally, Europeans have technologically transcended most of the world except for the East Asians. They will dominate whatever populations they must to continue their civilizations. How soon we forget the prior expansions from the north of the Sea Peoples, Dorians, Goths, Norse, all rooted in far smaller technological advantages and migratory pressures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Europeans were born of an Ice Age. Europeans have been dominating warm cycles that they are poorly adapted to thanks to raw versatility. A new Ice Age will benefit Europeans and hurt every other population.

Lol.... WAT?!
The European peoples have significant Neanderthal ancestry, and the Neanderthals developed and thrived in ice-age Europe that we would think nearly uninhabitable with modern technology.

Then the admixed Neanderthal/Cro-Magnon population adapted to thrive in the European cold climate cycles and also warmer climates. Few other populations are cold-adapted, and none are as versatile in cold and hot.

A return to cold climatic conditions will basically mean one thing: Food gets expensive, since a huge chunk of the planets food comes from northern latitudes. Europeans have manageable populations and are exceedingly good at growing maximum yield crops, they will feed themselves just fine.

They're screwed. They will not be able to afford to buy food and they cannot grow enough themselves.

If an Ice Age were to happen, in 1,000 years you'd have European cyborgs, a smaller population of Chinese/Korean/Japanese cyborgs, and tiny barbarian tribes in the wastelands.

What does any of that have to do with your original statements about cold making Europeans great?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wheelbarger sums it up: even if the IPCC’s worst case scenarios are seen, that’s only a 1.5 watts per square meter increase. Zharkova’s analysis shows a 8 watts per square meter decrease in TSI to the planet.
View Quote
If that was exactly how he summarized it, then it looks like he has made a critical error, either in fact, or presentation.  Or, somebody summarized the summary incorrectly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What does any of that have to do with your original statements about cold making Europeans great?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.... WAT?!

The European lineage makes them well adapted to colder climates. A fairly rare trait. The start of a true ice age will result in a significant portion of the most fertile land in the world experiencing quite harsh winters.

Where many other populations would wilt, Europeans will not.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t watched it, but here’s your imbed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZFXZ0bATyc

Of course, and this is why there can't be a serious conversation about the science of climate change.

The left's motivations are so completely obvious, they want bigger and better funded bureaucracy, and redistribution of wealth.  Over the last 25 years they've pushed for more centralized global government control, a transfer of wealth from people living in western countries to people living in developing countries, with government bureaucrats taking a cut, and a scheme to create an artificial market to trade carbon credits, where private sector accomplices can act as middlemen, taking a cut on the trades.  The climate scientist and universities want more government money to "study" the problem.

I'm not saying the climate isn't changing I'm not even arguing that human activity might have something to do with it.  But when the only proposed solutions involve money grabs, I tend to call bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"What round for wooly mammoth lads?"

I thought you meant Valentina Zharkova, but no pics.  One job, OP.  One job.
View Quote
This time OP did us a solid.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are there historical correlations between food surplus and military strength?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm not saying the climate isn't changing I'm not even arguing that human activity might have something to do with it.  But when the only proposed solutions involve money grabs, I tend to call bullshit.
View Quote
If they (celebrity and government proponents of AGW) really believed it, they would radically change their behaviors.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#21]
New Ice Age.  Good for humanity.  Forces us to think smarter and be less wasteful.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Probably less indoctrinated in bullshit than the ones from the West today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's her background:

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/z/professor-valentina-zharkova/

"I am a Professor in Mathematics at Northumbria University. I have BSc/MSc in Applied Mathematics and Astronomy, a Ph.D. in Astrophysics, certificate in project management.

I graduated from the National University of Kyiv, Ukraine in 1975 with a BSc/M.Sc. first class with distinction degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics (joint honours). In 1975-1978 worked as Junior researcher at Physics and Applied Maths Department, then moved to the Solar Division of the Main Astronomical Observatory, Kyiv, Ukraine for my Ph.D. studies in Applied Mathematics/Solar Theory. After successfully defending my thesis in non-LTE radiative transfer entitled "Hydrogen emission in quiescent solar prominences with filamentary structure", I worked at Space Science Laboratory, Physics Department, National University of Kyiv as junior researcher, lecturer/researcher senior lecturer/senior researcher (1978-1994).

In 1992 I joined the Astronomy Group of Glasgow University as the Senior Royal Society visitor, then a Research Fellow (1993-1999). In 2000 I became a Lecturer at the University of Bradford, in 2002 I was appointed to a Reader and in 2005 to a Professor in Applied Mathematics. From September 2013 I joined the Northumbria University as a Professor in Mathematics"

I'd wager she's familiar with the workings of the Sun. Maths folks are good with looking at data.
She got her degrees from the USSR. Are they worth a shit....
Probably less indoctrinated in bullshit than the ones from the West today.
Was thinking the same thing.  Not a SJW
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd rather go with

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Valentina Zharkova, for everybody's fapping needs.

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
<----- chuckles in Yooper
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good. We are way overdue a population culling.
View Quote
I imagine most southern areas would be claimed by the Govt, I have aot of land in Arizona, I'd expect to lose it via eminent domain or something.
What's scary about this is we've known we're due for one. What's even scarier is whether or not I'll survive it. I won't end up south in a tent city, or a concrete jungle that is quickly thrown up in an attempt to give 300 million Americans a "home".
Everything we know would change, I'm not even sure if the weasels and beavers would hang around, much less survive in my area.
I've got a few ideas brainstorming, but it's a lot of preparation.

Hopefully I won't find out, but her science is strong, and like I said, we've known we're due for one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And the Chinese.  Maybe Firefly was right?  The future will be an Anglo-Sino spacefaring civilization.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And the Chinese.  Maybe Firefly was right?  The future will be an Anglo-Sino spacefaring civilization.  
The CoDominion, except that the Russians alcoholed themselves into irrelevance.

Quoted:
The Pacific Rimland Asians/Orientals will do fairly well where they are. China will suffer the worst in that group, but it would be a herd-thinning, not the destruction of their civilization.

Japan and Korea ... will do fine.

Africa, heartland Asia and South America are completely screwed.
You forgot a few major land masses, and you forgot that ice will form first in the northern latitudes.  Canada will be under the ice, as will at least the northern half of the U.S.  Russia and Europe will be frozen solid too.  Greenland, hah.  Iceland may be able to survive on geothermal;  they're basically one giant volcano.

Africa, "heartland Asia", and South America are in the tropics and equatorial zone and will do just fine.  They may get overrun by fleeing Russians, Canadians, and Americans, but as far as habitability and food they'll be rolling in it.

Quoted:
ROFL!!!

This shit has been reduced to comedic theater.

Calore di idioti!!!

Fucking Morons!

Pull the funding, put the dipshits on the street, and tell them to get a real fucking job.

At best estimate, Human influence is less than 5%.
Reducing that influence just 1%
would result in Millions of deaths, and dropping the standard of living to that which no Rat would tolerate.
She's talking about solar output, you Russian NPC bot.

Human influence on the Sun is zero, we have essentially zero chance of influencing it, and no one (who isn't raving at lamp posts, or maybe who got executed by the CIA/KGB as a threat to planetary security) has ever said anything different.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Valentina Zharkova, for everybody's fapping needs.

https://s16.stc.all.kpcdn.net/share/i/4/978968/wx1080.jpg
View Quote
Don't care what anyone else says, with a brain like that she's hawt.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Wonder why GWPC edited out a few of her slides.  Would be interesting see them.  The 100,000 year predictive cycle and the apparent 2100 year solar, along with the temp chart.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wonder why GWPC edited out a few of her slides.  Would be interesting see them.  The 100,000 year predictive cycle and the apparent 2100 year solar, along with the temp chart.
View Quote
They edited out the portion relevant to her near term and long term observed climate change predictions.

I also like how the moderator came out and flatly said "be cautious of what you say here today".

Wonder why? :/
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They edited out the portion relevant to her near term and long term observed climate change predictions.

I also like how the moderator came out and flatly said "be cautious of what you say here today".

View Quote
Did she correctly predict temps over the last 20 years or something? If she did it would mean she has not followed the current scientific dogma of man made global warming.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did she correctly predict temps over the last 20 years or something? If she did it would mean she has not followed the current scientific dogma of man made global warming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her sun spot models are 97% accurate dating back 200 plus years of real world data, it also accounts for 2000 years of observed weather conditions relative to solar activity/inactivity.

Basically, it's seemingly ridiculously accurate.

Eta;

What's also relevant is how they vetted their theory, what they learned about the sun, and how  the sun doesn't just bring us ir/ultra violet.

The sun is incredibly stable, healthy, and very rhythmic.

The whole presentation is fascinating really.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
They're under attack from climatards and in danger of loosing their non-profit status.

Compare the latest Wiki edits (somebody wanna undo em? )

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Global_Warming_Policy_Foundation&diff=870446859&oldid=862964846
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder if she's related to Dr. Hans Zharkov. He had a theory about the sun and some weird weather patterns. Of course, his theory had more to do with attacks on Earth by Ming the Merciless, but still we should investigate.
View Quote
Zharkov—the “formerly of NASA” Zharkov?

FLASH! Ah-Ha—he’ll save everyone of us!

Coincidence Bohemian Rhapsody came out—then this?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If this pans out to be true, which I have a feeling it might, we won’t have 2 mile thick ice sheets over the lower 48.  Summers will be shorter and cooler, winters longer and harsher.  In a couple of hundred years the ice sheets may start to grow from the mountains but I don’t see it being that severe.  There will be global ramifications.  Russia supplies petroleum to Germany for heat.  Russia has a problem with ice free ports.  Expect to see them try to take Eastern Europe by force.  This isn’t the first time I’ve heard about this actually.  I also saw the correlation between global temps and solar climate.  Global warming fanatics may just become the flat earthers
View Quote
So what is the source of your feelings?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#36]
The solution is simple- we just need the 9th circuit court of appeals to rule that water can no longer freeze at 0C, and must adapt to the colder temps.  When we arrive at consensus for a revised freezing temperature, we can disseminate those results.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tons of legitimate science goes on, too. So be careful with all of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ROFL!!!

This shit has been reduced to comedic theater.

Calore di idioti!!!

Fucking Morons!

Pull the funding, put the dipshits on the street, and tell them to get a real fucking job.

At best estimate, Human influence is less than 5%.
Reducing that influence just 1% would result in Millions of deaths, and dropping the standard of living to that which no Rat would tolerate.

Academia is what it is. Dipshits in a boat predicting the water temp, and too fucking stupid to stick a finger in the water.

Gee it's November.....it's gonna fucking snow. Write it up using the right words, and ya get a 40K Grant to study the matter.
If you want to be edgy, write up a grant proposal that blames masturbation for global warming, causing it to snow, and try not to laugh when you cash the check.

The arrogance of academics is bottomless. Mostly because it pays.

It's long past the time they were cut the hell off.
Tons of legitimate science goes on, too. So be careful with all of that.
Trying to have a scientific conversation with someone who has absolutely zero understanding is pointless.  While taking Physics 1 I was so amazed at how accurately and repeatably calculate trajectory, when a car was going to leave the roadway, all sorts of physical things in the world.  Was telling a friend who never made it out of 8th grade.  He was very skeptical, when I got on the to topic of gravity, "that's just a bunch of stuff scientist make up to confuse people into giving them more money for research".  I asked him why the thought people were "weightless" in space.  He responded "there's no air up there" and seemed very proud of himself.    Some people are simply ignorant, some are provided the answers but gleefully chose to be stupid by ignoring them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Wonder if this announcement is related to the sudden FBI takeover of the Alamogordo Solar Observatory earlier this year?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Here's her background:

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/z/professor-valentina-zharkova/

"I am a Professor in Mathematics at Northumbria University. I have BSc/MSc in Applied Mathematics and Astronomy, a Ph.D. in Astrophysics, certificate in project management.

I graduated from the National University of Kyiv, Ukraine in 1975 with a BSc/M.Sc. first class with distinction degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics (joint honours). In 1975-1978 worked as Junior researcher at Physics and Applied Maths Department, then moved to the Solar Division of the Main Astronomical Observatory, Kyiv, Ukraine for my Ph.D. studies in Applied Mathematics/Solar Theory. After successfully defending my thesis in non-LTE radiative transfer entitled “Hydrogen emission in quiescent solar prominences with filamentary structure", I worked at Space Science Laboratory, Physics Department, National University of Kyiv as junior researcher, lecturer/researcher senior lecturer/senior researcher (1978-1994).

In 1992 I joined the Astronomy Group of Glasgow University as the Senior Royal Society visitor, then a Research Fellow (1993-1999). In 2000 I became a Lecturer at the University of Bradford, in 2002 I was appointed to a Reader and in 2005 to a Professor in Applied Mathematics. From September 2013 I joined the Northumbria University as a Professor in Mathematics"

I'd wager she's familiar with the workings of the Sun. Maths folks are good with looking at data.
View Quote
I made a quip earlier about solar scientists and the magic 8 ball and want to clarify something...

I don't doubt her credentials at all. I also don't doubt that her results are legitimate calculations, based on legitimate observations, and fed into a legitimate attempt at modeling the behavior of the sun. Her results are therefore legitimate science and should therefore be published and reported.

And the results may be correct, or they may not be. Only time will tell if the models are correct and if unknown variables will cause the real sun to behave differently than the sun in her models.

I also imagine that Professor Zharkova would agree with the above. In my case (having a mild layman's interest in the subject) I have just heard too many predictions, apparently based on little more than guesswork, as to what the sun will do. So I take everything with a grain of salt.

It's worth noting that Professor Zharkova is not predicting anything that isn't known to be common in the history of the sun. She's not predicting the sun is going to explode or go out. She is predicting something that is well within the normal behavior of the sun. As a result I do consider this to be concerning and something that needs to be watched. Perhaps it is something the governments in the world should have contingency plans for. But there's no need to go stocking up on wool blankets, food, and firewood just yet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Watching the video is crucial to understanding to what she is saying.  Her English isn't that great, so I'm sure there is quite a few people who won't put the time into sitting through a 1+ hr recording (and the fact that "science people, science talk...what??").  Anyway, the crux of the matter that I took away is the implications of "NEGATING" most, if not all science to do with global heating and cooling, and putting a central, undeniable focus on the sun.  Using her method/calculation/theorem puts a plethora of people out of work, and likewise, removes their funding.  I am struck by the fact that she was so open about how she came about the work, and what its implications are.  She isn't forcing her work on anyone, and she published it for anyone and everyone to scrutinize it.  SHE WAS NOT FUNDED TO PRODUCE THIS WORK!!! The methods and proofs were a "side job/curiosity" AKA "shits and giggles" (science version) with her students and colleagues.

A fascinating point about the work is our ability to be able to observe it real time.  Her work has a 97% accuracy rate according to her tests regarding historical record keeping (recording of sunspots and weather patterns) dating back 2000 years.  Using the calculation to forecast the suns activity and make predictions how earths atmosphere, and climate will fluctuate to the degree she is postulating, is mind boggling.  Adding to the fact that her findings are telling us that we will be able to observe her work IMMEDIATELY, adds and extra “umphhh” to the whole global warming debate.   Time will literally tell whats what in regards to these new findings, and not in generations, but over the next 10 years…..cool beans.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Watching the video is crucial to understanding to what she is saying.  Her English isn't that great, so I'm sure there is quite a few people who won't put the time into sitting through a 1+ hr recording (and the fact that "science people, science talk...what??").  Anyway, the crux of the matter that I took away is the implications of "NEGATING" most, if not all science to do with global heating and cooling, and putting a central, undeniable focus on the sun.  Using her method/calculation/theorem puts a plethora of people out of work, and likewise, removes their funding.  I am struck by the fact that she was so open about how she came about the work, and what its implications are.  She isn't forcing her work on anyone, and she published it for anyone and everyone to scrutinize it.  SHE WAS NOT FUNDED TO PRODUCE THIS WORK!!! The methods and proofs were a "side job/curiosity" AKA "shits and giggles" (science version) with her students and colleagues.

A fascinating point about the work is our ability to be able to observe it real time.  Her work has a 97% accuracy rate according to her tests regarding historical record keeping (recording of sunspots and weather patterns) dating back 2000 years.  Using the calculation to forecast the suns activity and make predictions how earths atmosphere, and climate will fluctuate to the degree she is postulating, is mind boggling.  Adding to the fact that her findings are telling us that we will be able to observe her work IMMEDIATELY, adds and extra “umphhh” to the whole global warming debate.   Time will literally tell whats what in regards to these new findings, and not in generations, but over the next 10 years…..cool beans.
View Quote
Well said. I thoroughly enjoyed her presentation as a refreshing scientific proposal.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wonder if this announcement is related to the sudden FBI takeover of the Alamogordo Solar Observatory earlier this year?
View Quote
I thought the Chinese were using the scope to look at neighboring White Sands Missile base.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This was my argument when all the global warming tards were spouting off their doomsday nonsense ... what's the downside???
More rainfall, better crops, more fresh water, longer growing season, end world hunger? But muh polar bears!  
View Quote
Well now they can look forward to dealing with polar bears attacking people who venture outside as far south as Atlanta.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well now they can look forward to dealing with polar bears attacking people who venture outside as far south as Atlanta.
View Quote
Don't threaten me with a good time!
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gingers are coming.

View Quote
Needs new Cartman "people that annoy you" meme...
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Payback time for everyone who made fun of my footie pajamas.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#47]
The 5th Dimension Age of Aquarius 1969
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Payback time for everyone who made fun of my footie pajamas.
View Quote
Need HEATED footie jam-jams
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#49]
So how long before someone proposes a time-travel project to go back and change history so that when the new Ice Age arrives, the United States controls all of North and South America thanks to a war of conquest fought similar to the Indian Wars of the mid/late 1800s?

Suppose the US military completely conquered and occupied Mexico and then Central America instead of coming home after the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo?  What would history be like if the US Civil War was never fought because the US was busy conquering all of the Americas during that timeframe?

Hey, if John Titor could come back to warn us about Y2K then why couldn't somebody go back with the plans for 1903 Springfields and Maxim guns to gift the US military and to steer national policy to make things happen.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Does this mean we will get snow here in Texas?
Page / 9
Top Top