Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, do we think that the WWII B-17 bomber crews were lying about the "foo fighters"?
These were glowing orbs that would follow the planes.
However, given what China recently accomplished with their physics defying supersonic globe circling nuke rocket, maybe the tech has been with us for a while.
View Quote

there wasn't really anything physics defying about the chinese rocket. We just didn't think they had hypersonic capability.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Pilot report?  lol, GD will believe everything out of that guy's mouth no matter how silly or how little evidence to the contrary
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is there, have there been, and will there be other intelligent civilizations in the Universe? Almost certainly. Even if there were millions upon millions, though:

Time and space makes an overlap of any two civilizations extremely unlikely. An imaginary ball expanding a circumference of 500 light years from earth isn't even a pinprick in size compared to the overall size of just our single, tiny galaxy. Similarly, Even a 10 million year old civilization is a pinprick in the overall age of, again, our single, tiny galaxy. The chances of two civilizations extant in the same little tiny space and time bubble are almost absurdly unlikely. If you consider the speed of light to be a constraint, it's all but impossible.

There's just not much opportunity for overlap.
View Quote

what's crazy is that we can see things that are further away than is possible for light to travel in the age of the universe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Which is more likely?

1.  Pilot saw Venus and tried to take a picture.

2.  Monsters from outer space piloted a spacecraft to Earth and flew alongside a jet.
View Quote

How many times do you think a Fedex pilot has seen Planets?
Aw hell,  I’ll do it for you:  Figure 12-16 nights a month, ~ 80 hours in the air, every month.    Usually at night. Always above the clouds.   ~800 hours per year staring at Venus.  Every year.    

Have you ever done anything for 800 hours a year, every year, for a decade?     You get to be sort of an expert.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What aliens would want come here? Half of our population cant decide what bathroom to use, tell me again who wants to come here from another planet and shove things up peoples asses to study the human body???

View Quote

When I shove things in someone's ass I always claim it's for science but it never is.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Aw hell,  I’ll do it for you:  Figure 12-16 nights a month, ~ 80 hours in the air, every month.    Usually at night. Always above the clouds.   ~800 hours per year staring at Venus.  Every year.    

Have you ever done anything for 800 hours a year, every year, for a decade?     You get to be sort of an expert.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is more likely?

2.  Monsters from outer space piloted a spacecraft to Earth and flew alongside a jet.

let me help you out.

how many UFO reports have panned out to be the planet Venus?

how many UFO reports have panned out to be other worldly craft?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
reality:  strobe navigation lights

media:  pulsating glowing orb

gullible much?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They sounded like they were kidding around. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a reflection of an internal light and was filmed as a prank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol that "pulsating orb" was just the camera's autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.

This. Fair amount of wtf in that video but none of it concerned the "orb".

Not believable at all.

The whole thing sounds like it was filmed as a joke for the guy's girlfriend.
The embarrassing juvenile sounding narrative doesn't help the credibility factor any.

They sounded like they were kidding around. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a reflection of an internal light and was filmed as a prank.

They sounded a little unprofessional, like they they were having a good time.    Which made it sound precisely legit.     When you're flying at night with the cabin at 8000’ you get slightly hypoxic.  They had the kind of mild euphoria you get when paired with an easy going crew, and you’re getting paid good money to observe something interesting.  
That’s how it is IRL.  

If it were a prank, they would have adopted the demeanor you expect pilots to have, and it would have seemed real for you, but other pilots would see it as fake.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

let me help you out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is more likely?

let me help you out.

VENUS MY PENUS, GENIUS.
It is possible.
There are apps on the ipad.   We generally know where the planets and stars are.

- A smart person who cared, could look at their heading, and the relative bearing of the object, and the time and day it was recorded, and determine if Venus or Mars was in the vicinity.      Unfortunately, I don’t care enough to invest the time.   I already feel really guilty, every single time I try to explain aviation stuff to the Willfully Ignorant. It’s my worst bad habit.

But You should do it.
Sometimes, the planets do appear to “pulse” as they rise through the different levels of atmospheric dust.     - the pulsing effect, also could have been from the strobes reflecting off the glass…maybe.    
Next time I see a planet, I’ll zoom in and test that theory.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh come off it, this is obviously a Chinese drone from DJI.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When I shove things in someone's ass I always claim it's for science but it never is.

View Quote

I'm ashamed of my state when I read your posts

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#12]
In case it's not posted yet.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Air Traffic Control scene HD

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

VENUS MY PENUS, GENIUS!  

there are apps on the ipad.   We all know where the planets and stars are, Mr. Hubble.

- A smart person who cared, could look at their heading, and the relative bearing of the object, and the time and day it was recorded, and determine if Venus or Mars was in the vicinity.      Unfortunately, I don’t care enough to invest the time.   I already feel really guilty, every single time I try to explain aviation stuff to the Willfully Ignorant. It’s my worst habit.

But You should do it.
Sometimes, the planets do appear to “pulse” as they rise through the different levels of atmospheric dust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is more likely?

let me help you out.

VENUS MY PENUS, GENIUS!  

there are apps on the ipad.   We all know where the planets and stars are, Mr. Hubble.

- A smart person who cared, could look at their heading, and the relative bearing of the object, and the time and day it was recorded, and determine if Venus or Mars was in the vicinity.      Unfortunately, I don’t care enough to invest the time.   I already feel really guilty, every single time I try to explain aviation stuff to the Willfully Ignorant. It’s my worst habit.

But You should do it.
Sometimes, the planets do appear to “pulse” as they rise through the different levels of atmospheric dust.

loads of meaningless typing on your end.  can you dodge these questions a third time?  I know where i've got my money, lol

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What aliens would want come here? Half of our population cant decide what bathroom to use, tell me again who wants to come here from another planet and shove things up peoples asses to study the human body???

View Quote

Well then we’d make for an easy meal for them, to purée and then they immerse themselves in people soup, because they feed through osmosis
We’re just like cattle of white tail deer to them.  But mostly not as wary as the deer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

loads of meaningless typing on your end.  can you dodge these questions a third time?  I know where i've got my money, lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is more likely?

let me help you out.

VENUS MY PENUS, GENIUS!  

But You should do it.

You're doing that “internet retard” thing, where you’re trying to win an argument where none exists.      I’m not a UFO geek, so I don’t know and don’t care.  If you want to pay me my normal straight time rate of $3.00 per minute, I’ll try to find an answer for you.    
Read my reply again if you don’t understand.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They do now, there was an incident earlier this year where a drone evaded two helicopters for well over an hour including speeds of 100 mph at 15,000 feet.

Drone chase article
View Quote

100 mph and 15000 feet is still not 575 mph and 37000 feet.

I don't think this was a UFO, but not some dipshit with a DJI or even a full on RC aircraft.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol that "pulsating orb" was just the camera's autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.

Not believable at all.

The embarrassing juvenile sounding narrative doesn't help the credibility factor any.

I thought that but it went back behind the louds so I don't think a reflection would do that.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Intergalactic swamp gas?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're doing that “internet retard” thing, where you’re trying to win an argument where none exists.      I’m not a UFO geek, so I don’t know and don’t care.  If you want to pay me my normal straight time rate of $3.00 per minute, I’ll try to find an answer for you.    
Read my reply again if you don’t understand.
View Quote

i'm starting to see the motive in you UFO guys (or at least you).  you're so got-dang unbearable to anyone on earth that you desperately look to the heavens.  desperation > logic

may the grey skin's probe be ribbed and well lubed, friend

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Since when does Venus move towards a airplane and match a speed of 575mph at FL37 and cause a experienced pilot to use evasive maneuvers in a 767?
As a species our best science doesn’t know what came before the Big Bang and not that far in the past though the planet was flat and the speed of sound could not have been broken.  Occam's Razor can’t be applied to everything and its not always right when it is.  
 Linear travel at distance isn’t fast enough for interstellar travel that I agree with.  Theory on how to bend space time is in it’s infancy and we may never get to that point of technology, but there is credible theory.  Who is to say that it hasn’t been mastered by “ others”.     Think about how much intelligence varies from our best and brightest to the dumbest  of dumb.  Or the gap from Humans and Primates.       We humans give ourself quite a bit of credit thinking we are the most intelligent beings in a universe we barely see a spec of.

Then there are Christian beliefs.   I for one believe in God and those beliefs require faith in things that may not be popular nor believable to many here.  Beliefs that go against modern science in some people’s opinion.  Story time, old Preachers  and Hollywood have shaped a vision of Christ in a way that’s never been updated.  
Perhaps angels do exist but not in the way your mind expects them to.        Just some thoughts of mine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Well that was some convincing footage.

Really, at this point in time, and for some time now, cameras are everywhere, all the time, and we only ever get dark, fuzzy, indiscernible footage? If they're here doing crazy shit so often why cant anyone ever get some good footage?
If its mathematically impossible for intelligent life to not exist elsewhere, where is it?
We've been sending radio signals out to try and contact "it" since what, the 70s?
Nothing, nada, zip.

Its either too smart to ever get caught or its not actually visiting us, assuming it exists at all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Look what we have accomplished in the last 100yrs... Imagine civilizations millions of years old, that actually worked together & not constantly trying to kill each other, could accomplish
View Quote
And when they reveal themselves, cure all our diseases, no one goes hungry, no more wars we'll find that they are only here To Serve Man.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol that “pulsating orb” was just the camera’s autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.
View Quote

Yep.

My first thought.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Swampgas
View Quote
Bean burrito gas since it is over Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

what's crazy is that we can see things that are further away than is possible for light to travel in the age of the universe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there, have there been, and will there be other intelligent civilizations in the Universe? Almost certainly. Even if there were millions upon millions, though:

Time and space makes an overlap of any two civilizations extremely unlikely. An imaginary ball expanding a circumference of 500 light years from earth isn't even a pinprick in size compared to the overall size of just our single, tiny galaxy. Similarly, Even a 10 million year old civilization is a pinprick in the overall age of, again, our single, tiny galaxy. The chances of two civilizations extant in the same little tiny space and time bubble are almost absurdly unlikely. If you consider the speed of light to be a constraint, it's all but impossible.

There's just not much opportunity for overlap.

[citation needed]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@Mach

Thoughts?
View Quote

No way those guys mistook venus for what they describe. Either they saw something like they say or they are intentionally lying

I am on my phone because we have a big power outage and I cant find the video

ETA: Found the video. I think
they are lying. No comm to ATC about traffic

He was making it "pulse" by zooming in and out.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Which is more likely?

View Quote

There's a shitload of other options between those 2.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They do now, there was an incident earlier this year where a drone evaded two helicopters for well over an hour including speeds of 100 mph at 15,000 feet.

Drone chase article
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Unless a military drone.

No civilian drone or jetpack can fly for 30 minutes, with the equipment needed for lighting, particularly over the Gulf at the altitude and airspeed below.

The 767 was flying at approximately 575 mph at 37,000 ft when the encounter happened.

Drone chase article

15,000 feet is not 37,000 feet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well that was some convincing footage.

Really, at this point in time, and for some time now, cameras are everywhere, all the time, and we only ever get dark, fuzzy, indiscernible footage? If they're here doing crazy shit so often why cant anyone ever get some good footage?
If its mathematically impossible for intelligent life to not exist elsewhere, where is it?
We've been sending radio signals out to try and contact "it" since what, the 70s?
Nothing, nada, zip.

Its either too smart to ever get caught or its not actually visiting us, assuming it exists at all.
View Quote

And again, go take a picture of a light in the sky at night.

The photo will come nowhere close to matching what you see with your eyes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I thought that but it went back behind the louds so I don't think a reflection would do that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not believable at all.

It may have. I only watched a couple minutes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Glad to Cheech landed himself a gig flying for FedEx…
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll fall back on my "Go To" for crappy UFO video and photos.  

The one & only crash of the Concorde aircraft had decent quality still and even video from 3 vantage points for the few seconds it was airborne and in flames.  There has never been anything even remotely of that quality claimed to be a UFO.  Why do you suppose that is?
View Quote

I don’t give a shit either way but you do understand that passenger aircraft usually run on a schedule?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

[citation needed]
View Quote

We can see things moving faster than light

@SimonPhoto

Short answer because the universe is expanding
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why is every picture of a UFO taken with a potato?

In the history of photography and flying saucers I have yet to see a picture of a spaceman.

Always a blurry light.

View Quote

Next time you see an airplane flying, get some video and post it here, along with handy tips to get such a clear image.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I would argue that this is what actually spurs most technological development.
View Quote

NASA gave us tang, and space food sticks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Were anuses probed?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

15,000 feet is not 37,000 feet.
View Quote

Why wouldn’t it be possible for a drone as powerful as that to hit 37,000?
It’s electric so O2 deprivation wouldn’t affect the motor(s), and the receiver range was certainly enough.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why wouldn’t it be possible for a drone as powerful as that to hit 37,000?
It’s electric so O2 deprivation wouldn’t affect the motor(s), and the receiver range was certainly enough.
View Quote

Rotary wing aircraft have difficulty generating adequate lift in thin atmosphere
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I don’t know wtf that was and I don’t want to know

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#42]
There is so much more that is possible now with rc/fpv vehicles.

Expect more pulsating orbs.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"Man will never fly"
View Quote

- William Thomson, First Baron Kelvin

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, make your language meaningful; what exactly is meant, in this context, by "panned out"?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#46]
At least these aliens were still in Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#47]
TCAS is not radar. Right?

More media embellishment.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Yeah go look at the engineering to get that thing as light as it is and the relative wing surface area to mass of that compared to earth drones and choppers not to mention the rpms and scant moments of flight time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top