User Panel

Page / 252
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, I also think this is why no one went.  In their political minds, going would risk worse optics then not going.

However, I don’t think the optics of this whole thing can get any worse.
View Quote

Uh, let's not forget, our VPOTUS decided it would be just fine to continue a trip to Viet-fucking-nam, the same country we bailed on in equally disastrous fashion in 1975.

This is the bunch of smooth-brains in our DoS and Executive Branch we are talking about here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E98sb7xXIAcudO4?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

They can keep the damn HMMWVs and the MaxxPros (trash), but damn if I want an M1117 Armored Security Vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
What about the millions of cash left behind, in crisp, brand new $100 bills? Is there a final count on that amount?
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]

ETA

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

CIA
FBI
BATFE
DOS
DOEd
DOEn
DOI
EPA
DHS
Especially TSA

And I’m sure at least 150 other bureaus and sub bureaus that make life awful and are staffed by spineless little shit eating weasels who abhor freedom and think of themselves as enlightened and superior.

Fuck be upon them all.
Useless fucking cunts, every one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't just the military... need to just start hitting the delete button on entire agencies and starting over rebuilding them with people that have NEVER worked for gov before. Mass layoffs, to get rid of all the entrenched staff level. BUT that is never going to happen.

CIA
FBI
BATFE
DOS
DOEd
DOEn
DOI
EPA
DHS
Especially TSA

And I’m sure at least 150 other bureaus and sub bureaus that make life awful and are staffed by spineless little shit eating weasels who abhor freedom and think of themselves as enlightened and superior.

Fuck be upon them all.
Useless fucking cunts, every one.

You realize that this is the entire government.  That's a revolution. Just so we're on the same page, here.

ETA: please God tell me that our lost coming home and not being met by anyone isn’t true. Seriously.
The idea of that makes my blood boil.
If it’s true, it may the last straw… that’s all I dare say.

Happened during the bush and obama years. Sometimes they went, sometimes they didn't. Sometimes families asked them to be there, sometimes they asked them not to be there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

An an 83 year old family friend who is a Naval Academy graduate, former submarine Captain, and a true cold warrior voted for Biden.

He's solid as granite and a good man by any measure, yet he still Voted for Biden.

I'll never understand.
View Quote

People like this can't actually think for themselves and see a problem and solutions to them.

I don't get it either...It must be too complex or simply too fucking simple to understand for them.

I see it also in some of my "older" family members.

They completely have deferred on who they vote for to their parents who have been long gone 30 years ago.

They say....well "Dad was a Democrat...and so I'm gonna vote Democrat".

Problem is...this definitely IS NOT the same Democratic party from 35+ years ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He probably realized that either showing up or not was equally shameful and opted to stay away to avoid the optics.

Personally, I'm ok with him staying the hell away. Let the troops take care of their own. I doubt he even has the mental capacity to care about them one way or the other.
View Quote
If I were a parent, I'd spit on that pos if he should up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, if that don't put a tear in your eye, I don't know what will.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
People like this can't actually think for themselves and see a problem and solutions to them.
View Quote
The guy was a submarine captain.  I think we can assume he's not stupid.  He's smart enough to vote his values.  Stop making excuses for people.  This is who they are, just like ANTIFA choose to be who they are.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden departed for Dover Air Force Base on Sunday to meet with families and receive the remains of the 13 U.S. troops who died in the Kabul airport attack

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Only a mafia don would go pay his respects to the family of the guys he ordered a hit on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#15]
PBS’ Nawaz On Biden’s “Chaotic” Withdrawal: People Are "Terrified," "Left Behind" With No Path Out

PBS’ Nawaz On Biden’s “Chaotic” Withdrawal: People Are "Terrified," "Left Behind" With No Path Out
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't get it either...It must be too complex or simply too fucking simple to understand for them.

They completely have deferred on who they vote for to their parents who have been long gone 30 years ago.

Problem is...this definitely IS NOT the same Democratic party from 35+ years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An an 83 year old family friend who is a Naval Academy graduate, former submarine Captain, and a true cold warrior voted for Biden.

He's solid as granite and a good man by any measure, yet he still Voted for Biden.

I'll never understand.

They think it’s JFK’s party still. It isn’t.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't believe that for one second.  Unless they believe the part about election fraud in the JFK election and the Hizzoner Mayor Daley election.  Then yeah, they still commit election fraud.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Ginger goebells looks good there. Wonder how much photoshop that took.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ginger goebells looks good there. Wonder how much photoshop that took.
View Quote
At least she wasn't too drunk to get her hair part straight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Blinken: “We’ll Be Looking To” The Taliban To Let Trapped Americans Out After Biden’s Deadline

Blinken: “We’ll Be Looking To” The Taliban To Let Trapped Americans Out After Biden’s Deadline
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
These names will not be emblazoned on any sports team jerseys.

Neither politicians nor celebrities will kneel in their memory.

A solemn ceremony. The presentation of a respectfully folded flag. The mournful notes of Taps followed with a sharp volley of rifle fire.

These simple gestures display the veneration of we that are left behind for these Service Members and all of our fallen brothers and sisters.

And while there will not be a public outcry or protests demanding Say Their Name, they will not be forgotten.

These names will forever remain in the hearts, the minds and the souls, of their families, their loved ones, and those with which they honorably and so gallantly served.

They deserve nothing less.

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David L. Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Texas

Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento, California

Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City, Utah

U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss, 23, of Corryton, Tennessee

Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, California

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum, 20, Jackson, Wyoming

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga, California

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California

Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan W. Page, 23, of Omaha, Nebraska

Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosariopichardo, 25, of Lawrence, Massachusetts

Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto A. Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Indiana

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared M. Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, Missouri

Navy Hospitalman Maxton W. Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, Ohio

View Quote

Jesus Christ Potato........look what you have done!!!

Why didn't your Administration stop this fucking bombing????
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#23]
NSA Advisor Sullivan: “Of Course There Have Been People Turned Away At Taliban Checkpoints”

NSA Advisor Sullivan: “Of Course There Have Been People Turned Away At Taliban Checkpoints”
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#24]
and if they don't?  Sternly worded letters?

America should never put itself in the position that it has to rely on terrorists to keep their word in order to keep Americans safe.  

This is a failure of historic proportions even if they keep their word.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think all of us have been brainwashed to an extent. Both sides have party mouthpieces that spout propaganda. Technology has made it extremely easy to fool people into engaging in tribalism vs. objectively looking at the facts and talking with people honestly.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but a good portion of Democrats are relatively decent people. They're just caught up in the tribalism loop like the rest of the public. I think it's extremely hard for the average American to talk about their political shortcomings because there is this prisoner's dilemma game theory going on where talking about the issues with the other side constitutes a loss of ground. The degenerate faction is a minority, but they are a loud one. Thus, many people give into them for fear of being socially ostracized. However, I truly believe that most Americans would be in favor of things like term limits (in some form) and true campaign finance reform to hold politicians accountable. It just needs to be framed in a non-partisan manner. We're spinning our wheels because people are hyper focused on dehumanizing each other instead of trying to solve problems together.  

I'm not saying we can fix society overnight, and I'm certainly not saying that we should compromise on fundamental conservative values, but we need to unite on the problem of inept political leadership in this country. Which, by the way, has affected Republicans just as much as Democrats. There is a difference between "compromise" and mutual cooperation in pursuit of a common goal. The politicians are terrified of the American people discovering the latter, because when it happens it is literally unstoppable. The problem is that we live in a period of relative peace and safety, so we haven't been brute forced into working together. Hence my discussion about the average American not understanding sacrifice and consequences. It is harder to get people to cooperate when there is not an existential threat. But with the right message and movement, perhaps that could change.
View Quote

Neither term limits nor campaign finance reform are answers to our problems. And we are really past the point of rational discussion.

The core problem is the extent the institutions are tools of the left; the deep state, education, media, entertainment and big tech.

No doubt you are right there are many good Democrats who are simply just eating up the media lies.

Now, here are two observations about the difference of right and left:

1) Data shows the left has gone hard left while the right is mostly where is was decades ago.

2) The left has long controlled the media, so those prone to believe establishment authority will tend to follow along.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll never understand.

I’m thinking it wasn’t exactly JFK’s party at the time, either.

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#27]
300 American citizens are still waiting to be evacuated from Afghanistan, Blinken reveals, as he warns that 'this is the most dangerous time in an already extraordinarily dangerous mission'

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday that he would also blame President Joe Biden and military leaders for the death of the 13 U.S. service members in Kabul if he were the parent of one of the fallen

Antony Blinken said Sunday another attack on the Kabul airport is 'highly likely' as he claimed he would also blame the president and military leaders for the deaths of 13 U.S. troops.

'This is very high risk,' the secretary of State told ABC's This Week host Martha Raddatz. 'There is a high likelihood of additional attacks.'

'This is the most dangerous time in an already extraordinarily dangerous mission.'

Blinken's comments come three days after 13 U.S. service members were killed in a suicide bombing outside the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan's capital city of Kabul.

The head of the State Department didn't deny that the president was to blame for their deaths.

'There are no words that I can say that, I think, anyone can say to assuage the grief that a parent is feeling at the loss of their child. Nothing,' he told NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd in another interview on Sunday morning.

'And if I were in his shoes, probably I'd feel exactly the same way,' Blinken added.

He is referencing Steve Nikoui, the father of deceased Marine Lance Corporal Kareem Nikoui, who said: 'Biden turned his back on [my son].'

Blinken responded to that grief by saying: 'All I can do is take responsibility for my own actions and do everything possible to continue to bring people out of Afghanistan who want to leave between now and the 31st, and every single day thereafter. That's my responsibility.'

'But I, as a parent myself, I feel deeply what he expressed,' Blinken said. 'And all I can say is, I'm deeply, deeply sorry.'

Steve Nikoui and Mark Schmitz, the father of fallenMarine Jared Schmitz, both are blaming the Biden administration for their sons' deaths.

Continued
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#28]
ABC’s Jon Karl: Biden Admin Touted Botched Withdrawal As A “Smashing Success” & “That Isn’t Reality”

ABC’s Jon Karl: Biden Admin Touted Botched Withdrawal As A “Smashing Success” & “That Isn’t Reality”
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’ve heard it explained as alphas not liking other alphas.  
Trump was an alpha.  Biden is just a mouthy bully hiding behind his position.
Liberals will always vote to continue liberal policies. That draws them to the left and results in voting for people like Hillary, Obama and Biden.  Trump made them “uncomfortable”.
View Quote

Not true. I am in 2 unions, and work with a TON of far left guys. In the last election over half of them went Trump and are to the point they DESPISE the Dems. It feels like they hate what the dems have turned into even more than me, because they supported them so long. The crazy radicals have went SO FAR left, they have lost there base. That's why they now cheat and steel to "win".
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Odds on Biden wearing his tough guy sunglasses?
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I’m thinking it wasn’t exactly JFK’s party at the time, either.

View Quote

Corrupt, but JFK was a moderate. He was close friends with Nixon and his family said they would support Nixon if JFK wasn't running against him (Nixon was shocked at how they acted in the election).

At that point there was a convergence between the two parties. The Dems like JFK were anti communist (unlike the Dems back in the 30s), but Repubs like Nixon had accepted the big government establishment view of things. The small government right was basically sidelined, and many thought it was finished with Goldwater's loss.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#32]
NSA Advisor Sullivan: We Can’t Get “A Precise Count” Of Americans Left Behind In Afghanistan

NSA Advisor Sullivan: We Can’t Get A “Precise Count” Of Americans Left Behind In Afghanistan
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Uh, let's not forget, our VPOTUS decided it would be just fine to continue a trip to Viet-fucking-nam, the same country we bailed on in equally disastrous fashion in 1975.

This is the bunch of smooth-brains in our DoS and Executive Branch we are talking about here.
View Quote

Oh it gets better. The VP thought it would be a good idea to lay down flowers at a monument to shooting down US aircraft.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
and if they don't?  Sternly worded letters?
View Quote
Well, Biden has demanded on the world stage that the Taliban allow women in government, schools, and respect women's and LGBTBBQ rights.  So, yeah, I guess.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Asshole looks like he is mad that the flag draped coffins arriving in Dover are pushing back his pudding break time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Odds on Biden wearing his tough guy sunglasses?
View Quote

To not get caught snoozing mid-day?
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
300 American citizens are still waiting to be evacuated from Afghanistan, Blinken reveals, as he warns that 'this is the most dangerous time in an already extraordinarily dangerous mission'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/08/29/14/47235857-9937539-image-a-7_1630243958875.jpg

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday that he would also blame President Joe Biden and military leaders for the death of the 13 U.S. service members in Kabul if he were the parent of one of the fallen

Antony Blinken said Sunday another attack on the Kabul airport is 'highly likely' as he claimed he would also blame the president and military leaders for the deaths of 13 U.S. troops.

'This is very high risk,' the secretary of State told ABC's This Week host Martha Raddatz. 'There is a high likelihood of additional attacks.'

'This is the most dangerous time in an already extraordinarily dangerous mission.'

Blinken's comments come three days after 13 U.S. service members were killed in a suicide bombing outside the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Afghanistan's capital city of Kabul.

The head of the State Department didn't deny that the president was to blame for their deaths.

'There are no words that I can say that, I think, anyone can say to assuage the grief that a parent is feeling at the loss of their child. Nothing,' he told NBC's Meet the Press host Chuck Todd in another interview on Sunday morning.

'And if I were in his shoes, probably I'd feel exactly the same way,' Blinken added.

He is referencing Steve Nikoui, the father of deceased Marine Lance Corporal Kareem Nikoui, who said: 'Biden turned his back on [my son].'

Blinken responded to that grief by saying: 'All I can do is take responsibility for my own actions and do everything possible to continue to bring people out of Afghanistan who want to leave between now and the 31st, and every single day thereafter. That's my responsibility.'

'But I, as a parent myself, I feel deeply what he expressed,' Blinken said. 'And all I can say is, I'm deeply, deeply sorry.'

Steve Nikoui and Mark Schmitz, the father of fallenMarine Jared Schmitz, both are blaming the Biden administration for their sons' deaths.

Continued
View Quote

I think someone is neglecting to admit his own culpability in this fiasco
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#38]
ABC’s Jon Karl: Evacuating All Americans From Afghanistan Is “Not Going To Happen”

ABC’s Jon Karl: Evacuating All Americans From Afghanistan Is “Not Going To Happen”
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbM2eVd-Aoc
View Quote

Yeah well FUCK YOU assholes..........you voted for this idiot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Taliban taking control over parts of airport

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQkgJl6qFa4
View Quote

Taliban flags on US military vehicles.   Damn, that’s a very powerful image of defeat and humiliation.

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn that's crazy seeing those taliban fighters just sitting at the end of the runway counting the C-17s leaving.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They can keep the damn HMMWVs and the MaxxPros (trash), but damn if I want an M1117 Armored Security Vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

but why they are a even bigger POS than a HMMWV. I would take a Super tucano though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#44]
PBS’ Jane Ferguson: To Say Biden’s Withdrawal Was Chaotic Is An Understatement

PBS’ Jane Ferguson: To Say Biden’s Withdrawal Was Chaotic Is An Understatement
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll never understand.

The man I described is actually a brilliant man with advanced degrees in engineering from MIT. He built submarines for the Navy after he stopped driving them

I think the issue is that for men of his generation, Trump was disgraceful and far too undignified for the office of President. Biden presented a more established and polished choice.

His generation also think that the evening news is true, because during their day it may have been mostly so.

I'm just surprised he couldn't see past all of the bullshit and see through Biden.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

How ironic that Al Jazeera is what we have to turn to for the best coverage of these final hours.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#47]

He's in character again in those pictures. That frown is a signature face of his, used interchangeably with squinty tough guy face.

He's a fraud on every level.

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Secretary Of State Anthony Blinken's Interview On Meet The Press (FULL)

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The man I described is actually a brilliant man with advanced degrees in engineering from MIT. He built submarines for the Navy after he stopped driving them

I think the issue is that for men of his generation, Trump was disgraceful and far too undignified for the office of President. Biden presented a more established and polished choice.

His generation also think that the evening news is true, because during their day it may have been mostly so.

I'm just surprised he couldn't see past all of the bullshit and see through Biden.
View Quote

The Walter Cronkite generation. News was still biased, but there was no ability to crosscheck like there is now. There were also tighter standards reporters followed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How ironic that Al Jazeera is what we have to turn to for the best coverage of these final hours.
View Quote

We have irony on top of irony right now.
Page / 252
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top