Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Poll fail

No option for covert kill squads.

I kid

Maybe
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in category one, so I'd choose someone in category two.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless they have nice tits I choose none of the above. Me and my people are all set. Don't need some swingin dick internet nerd in our crew.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is the option of "currently serving active duty or reserve status, holds a combat arms mos, has multiple deployments under their belt, and most likely got recalled by their command due to current events; or currently sworn LEO with tactical experience, maybe took a  few courses towards a EMT certification?"  These are the guys Im gonna hang out with.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to stay home, eat leftovers from Olive Garden, drink IPA, and rub one out while watching Tay-Tay videos.

So, is that "Get both" or "Get neither"?

ETA: and with that out of the way, none of that crap matters. What matters is,"Can I trust this guy?"
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm talking about the real deal. They're out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about it:
-Who's more likely to be in shape? The kind of shape you need to move cross country.
-Who's more likely to be used to humping a pack? And shooting while humping a pack.
-GTFO with your night vision. That's for raids, not for fifty miles cross country at night. Get a man who spends a lot of time travelling in the dark, knows the moon's phases, and how to navigate by the stars.
-Who's used to sleeping on the ground? 'nuff said.
-Who's used to having wet feet?
99% of people who base thier identify on being an outdoorsman/hunters get winded walking from 4 wheeler to tree stand.
Boy, are you going to be nonplussed when "Mr. Real Deal" starts droppin' KNAWLEDGE on all the best ranches in Texas to blast penned elk in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I choose #2 because #1 is a poser.  If you can't do anything but shoot your no good for survival.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather be alone.

but I'd take a life long hunter or a veteran over someone who has taken a few civi gun operation classes. Tactics and wood craft mean more to me than what is probably a  liability with no idea what is happening.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd rather be alone.

but I'd take a life long hunter or a veteran over someone who has taken a few civi gun operation classes. Tactics and wood craft mean more to me than what is probably a  liability with no idea what is happening.
View Quote
The veteran of a different kind of war perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm going with option 3, Cola Warriors.

We're all fucking crazy bastards, and like others have said, could take over a small country if we were all assembled in one place.
View Quote
I sat we start with The Vatican.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The one with infantry experience.
View Quote
This. If he is squared away.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're all fucking crazy bastards, and like others have said, could take over a small country if we were all assembled in one place.
Monaco or Singapore will have hotter women.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
3-gun shooting is weapons manipulation and marksmanship.  Hunting is learning how to stalk, kill, and you have to have weapons manipulation and marksmanship in place PRIOR to being able to use those weapons successfully while hunting.

It is the difference between ring fighting with rules, and a street fight.  Now, if you take a ring fighter, who is also good in a street fight, or a 3-gun shooter who also hunts, you will really have something.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone north of I-10 is yankees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boy, I'm from the REAL South. Even the Gear Queers hunt.
Anyone north of I-10 is yankees.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I've seen the pictures, I'm gonna go find JohnBurns.

...hate skipping meals.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A real hunter knows how to stalk and ambush his prey. Much like a sniper. A real hunter does not sit in a stand overlooking a feeder waiting for the right one to come along though now that I think about it that is an effective tactic against two legged vermin.
Not all hunters are fudds just as not everyone that trains is a warrior.
View Quote
Exactly. I chose number 2 because I’m picturing a Daryl Dixon without the crossbow.

I’ve taken shooting classes from Army Rangers, marine snipers and SWAT guys. I may not be John Wick, but I’m better than your average Antifa goon..
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Number Cola Warrior. I have never seen another group so excited to inflict pain upon themselves. The enemy will see desolate battle sights littered with cans and plastic candy wrappers and will surely surrender to the Cola Overlords.

Plus, it’s really easy to defeat an enemy that can’t see because they’ve been turned into one eyed pirates by a bunch of giggling frat boys
View Quote
Your eyes are belong to us
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Poll fail,

#3 - Any Cola Warrior
View Quote
indeed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Outdoorsman > Cola Warrior
View Quote
But we have artillery and belt feds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I've already lived a fulfilling life.  Let's have some fun.

Guy #1 seems like he would be better equipped for a party in the city.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've seen the pictures, I'm gonna go find JohnBurns.

...hate skipping meals.
View Quote
Well, when you're dead because he slows you down getting out of the suburbs because he's a one trick pony and all his passed on stories of derring do don't equate to being able to take care of business when the rubber meets the road you won't have to eat.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, when you're dead because he slows you down getting out of the suburbs because he's a one trick pony and all his passed on stories of derring do don't equate to being able to take care of business when the rubber meets the road you won't have to eat.
View Quote
rekt
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Remember the South Park episode where Cartman re-staged the Civil War so the South could win?  As long as he kept the S'mores flavored Schapps flowed the troops kept fighting.  Yeah, as long as the beer and Bad Idea bar traveled with us, we might take a pretty good sized country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember the South Park episode where Cartman re-staged the Civil War so the South could win?  As long as he kept the S'mores flavored Schapps flowed the troops kept fighting.  Yeah, as long as the beer and Bad Idea bar traveled with us, we might take a pretty good sized country.
We had S'Mores flavored schnapps at CWW2.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Boy, are you going to be nonplussed when "Mr. Real Deal" starts droppin' KNAWLEDGE on all the best ranches in Texas to blast penned elk in the back of the head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about it:
-Who's more likely to be in shape? The kind of shape you need to move cross country.
-Who's more likely to be used to humping a pack? And shooting while humping a pack.
-GTFO with your night vision. That's for raids, not for fifty miles cross country at night. Get a man who spends a lot of time travelling in the dark, knows the moon's phases, and how to navigate by the stars.
-Who's used to sleeping on the ground? 'nuff said.
-Who's used to having wet feet?
99% of people who base thier identify on being an outdoorsman/hunters get winded walking from 4 wheeler to tree stand.
If he's a talker, he's not the real deal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
 Well, we do have crawfish and sushi. So there's that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Option 3 - Colawarrior

1. Own multiple ARs? Check.
2. Own Tatical gear? Check.
3. Taken  training classes? Check.
4. Ammo at home? lol please. Check.
5. Hunt?  the vast majority do. Check.
6. Nightvision? ehh about 25% so chances are high. Check.
7. Willpower far superior to ordinary men? Doublecheck.
8. Actually in shape unlike 1 and 2? Check.
9. Highly evolved body that can run for a period of 5 days on caffeine, sugar, and beer? Check.

The ultimate SHTF Warrior.
 Well, we do have crawfish and sushi. So there's that.
Out west, we have Cole Slaw.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cola Warriors.

During SHTF it'll be like this but with more vomit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4
View Quote
Those poor antifa Peeps never stood a chance.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Stopped reading after nods.  Obviously the guy with nods who has actual outdoor skills and kills things
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Easy killer...meant to be lighthearted. And WTF does "rekt" in the following post mean?

Some of you spend way too much time fapping to Red Dawn.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah... that can't shoot back and that, in most cases, doesn't provide a significant danger to the shooter. I'll stick with a SWAT or SRT team member over a Fudd anytime. They don't just shoot paper or steel, they regularly practice tactics (hence the name) to engage and take out armed threats, not shoot at unarmed animals that threaten no one and will try to run away at the first shot.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Number one.

Number two would be functionally useless, Oh, they hunt? So what? "large groups of roaming, armed, Anti-First-Amendment (Antifa) everywhere."
Have you seen the retarded correlations hunters on here use to try to justify their HD/SD choices?

#1 has the most important thing, comms. #2 has the least important stuff, niche calibers and project eldest son reloads.
If wild hogs was the greatest threat, I'd take #2.

Now, I have not read the thread, so I'm going to guess a lot of people chose #2, and based it on assumptions that hunting game will translate into being effective on what has been described as a MOUT scenario.  Guess what a lot of MOUT training is like  3 gun/ action shooting. The MOUT/CQB mantra is "shoot, move communicate" not "Shoot, butcher, then church up how great your new ammo is on arf".

I predict that hunters will predominantly choose #2, and people with MOUT training/ experience will choose #1.

#1's description provides the widest margin of useful attributes for the scenario, 2/3rds (downtown and suburbs) where the largest threat is humans. The Hunters usefulness is only in 2/3rds of the scenario, and that's only if one chooses to try to get out of the city.

But how many here have seen what can be accomplished by people used to MOUT, especially a small 1-2 man cell?

Myself and a 3 gun shooter could literally smoke anti-fa till we ran out of ammo then leave.

That's what I find intersting about htis thought experiment, it's written like conformation bias to see how many people choose the hunter, and trying to boggie to teh desert.

I myself would take the 3 gunner, and stay in the Burbs, or make my way closer to the city. Why should I go with choice #2 who may or may not be useful, when I can take #1 and make the best use of there training and equipment!

It'll be interesting to see how others chose, and justified it.

eta- not surprised.

Also, with the dark horse candidate #3, cola warriors, I'd take a cola warrior over a tall fence hunter any day of the week.
View Quote
I see more bullshit from the Tactical Timmy types and gear queers than hunters. Everyone is high speed on instagram...
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Group 2

Two sets of wizard eyes will be invaluable in that situation.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you had read the thread you would have learned that every hunter is Billy from Predator and can stealthily track ANYTHING.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooting deer from a little plastic shed you got at the tractor supply store at deer standing under a feeder is surely good prep for taking on hordes of hippie guerillas.
If you had read the thread you would have learned that every hunter is Billy from Predator and can stealthily track ANYTHING.
Meet your new overlord....

Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Group 2

View Quote
In this SHTF world, hunters have wizard eyes, but guys with helmets and comms don't.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In this SHTF world, hunters have wizard eyes, but guys with helmets and comms don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Group 2

Maybe the SHTF they train for is.....different
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I got bored while night visioning and walked up and muzzle thumped a doe.

HUNTSDOORSMAN.
View Quote
But do you hunts the deers with 40mm non-lethal fin-stabilized rounds?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am in category one, so I'd choose someone in category two.
View Quote
I try not to pigeonhole people, it's not fair to either of us.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The one with infantry experience.
Joke's on you, he's married to a pregnant, cigarette-burned, and hunch-backed Puerto Rican stripper.  Who will insist on bringing her mouthy and complaining mother-in-law everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#42]
#2.  Because nightvision.

Lay low during the day, move at night.  Do it well, and you escape into Free America without having to shoot your way out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We had S'Mores flavored schnapps at CWW2.
View Quote
Actually, we did.

But we also had Malort.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Out west, we have Cole Slaw.  
View Quote
I wouldn't fuck with Cole Slaw, he packs a Sig.

And lord help you should you do so, for those that require Cole Slaw's cole slaw will fucking find you

@SigChef
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I’d join up with whoever has a challenge coin.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I got half way through the first page and kept thinking (and I know this isn't an accurate representation of 1 vs 2)....

Would I choose RustedAce or Skypup?  
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I got half way through the first page and kept thinking (and I know this isn't an accurate representation of 1 vs 2)....

Would I choose RustedAce or Skypup?  
View Quote
Rustedace is sent back from the future to save mankind, the answer is clear.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#48]
SOME OF YA'LL ARE SERIOUSLY DELUSIONAL ABOUT COMBAT

in Vietnam 95% of engagements were "meeting" engagements that means a patrol got ambushed or bumped into another patrol.

combat is: Part  1 spending days on/offg uard digging in , eating weapons maintenance, talking shit, burning shit,watching mortars explode around the secure area and an occasional RPG fly over the wire.

PART2 occasionally go out to Indian territory  which is all patrol techniques & small unit tactics.   this is not cardio it is stalking

those 2 events over & over for months then one day you MEET THE ENEMY the fight  the actual running & gunning will last less than 7 minuets (ANY LONGER ARTY OR AIR SUPPORT IS IN Play )

then you provide first aid to wounded, and drag  any wounded/prisoners back to the patrol base.

There should be more discussions on how to patrol in threads like this.  but alas there is nothing cool or fun about slowly quietly walking around not talking, hoping to hell you don't get shot at.  Honestly it is not fun when it happens

HONESTLY A PATROL . it is more like this

Violent chimpanzee attack - Planet Earth - BBC wildlife
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:04:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Stopped reading after nods.  Obviously the guy with nods who has actual outdoor skills and kills things
View Quote
NODs should fall under both 1 and 2.  What kind of gear queer doesn't have NODs in 2017?  Most of us are upgrading to dual tubes and/or thermal.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
SOME OF YA'LL ARE SERIOUSLY DELUSIONAL ABOUT COMBAT

in Vietnam 95% of engagements were "meeting" engagements that means a patrol got ambushed or bumped into another patrol.

combat is: Part  1 spending days on/offg uard digging in , eating weapons maintenance, talking shit, burning shit,watching mortars explode around the secure area and an occasional RPG fly over the wire.

PART2 occasionally go out to Indian territory  which is all patrol techniques & small unit tactics.   this is not cardio it is stalking

those 2 events over & over for months then one day you MEET THE ENEMY the fight  the actual running & gunning will last less than 7 minuets (ANY LONGER ARTY OR AIR SUPPORT IS IN Play )

then you provide first aid to wounded, and drag  any wounded/prisoners back to the patrol base.

There should be more discussions on how to patrol in threads like this.  but alas there is nothing cool or fun about slowly quietly walking around not talking, hoping to hell you don't get shot at.  Honestly it is not fun when it happens

HONESTLY A PATROL . it is more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XuXi3mqYM
View Quote
The Big Lebowski - Scattering Donny's ashes
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top