Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Posted: 5/23/2024 11:02:57 AM EDT

crazy situation.  wonder what details will emerge if any.  happened a couple weeks ago.  

----------------------------------

US Special Operations soldier under investigation in deadly shooting of accused trespasser in Moore County

by: Keaton Eberly, Ashley Anderson, Kathryn HubbardPosted: May 22, 2024 / 04:41 PM EDT  Updated: May 23, 2024 / 09:17 AM EDT

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/chicago-man-identified-as-person-killed-in-moore-county-shooting-near-home-of-u-s-army-member-deputies-say/

CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) – A deadly shooting earlier this month in Moore County has gained attention from the U.S. Army and the FBI.

Deputies of the Moore County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a home along Dowd Road in Carthage on May 3 around 8:15 p.m. after a trespassing at a home was reported.

A 911 caller explained that a person had been “taking photos on the property” and “became aggressive” toward a resident outside of their home, the sheriff’s office said.

CBS 17 has confirmed the man suspected of pulling the trigger is a member of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command, according to spokesperson Jacqueline Hill. At this time, the soldier’s rank and position within the command are not known.

The man killed as a result of the shooting has been identified as 35-year-old Ramzan Daraev from Chicago, Illinois, who appeared to have been shot multiple times, the sheriff’s office said. Deputies said they located Daraev nearly 250 yards from the roadway, along a powerline on the residential property.

Daraev’s identity was later confirmed through family members and an international identification that was discovered in his vehicle, according to the sheriff’s office. At the time of his death, he was reported to have been working as a subcontractor for Utilities One, which is a company based in New Jersey. Investigators are still working to verify his official employment status, deputies said.

According to the news release, Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting. The incident has been reported to the U.S. Department of Labor as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The FBI has also stepped in to help in the investigation, including providing a translator to assist with interviews of other reported Utilities One employees, the sheriff’s office said. Hill confirmed the primary investigating agency remains the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.

“Investigators are diligently working to gather all relevant information prior to concluding the investigation, including autopsy reports and findings from the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office,” the news release from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office stated. “Once all facts have been collected and reviewed, the case will be presented to the District Attorney’s Office for a determination on whether criminal charges will be pursued.”

“The Moore County Sheriff’s Office is committed to conducting a thorough and impartial investigation,” the statement added.

--------------------------------------
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Dead men tell no tales.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I feel like there's more to this story somewhere
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting
View Quote

Sounds suspicious.

Also, why do they need translators?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, seems somehow incomplete
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
So he killed a Chechen/Dagstani/person from that general region that probably shouldn't have been allowed into this country anyway.  Not really seeing the problem.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

crazy situation.  wonder what details will emerge if any.  happened a couple weeks ago.  

----------------------------------

US Special Operations soldier under investigation in deadly shooting of accused trespasser in Moore County

by: Keaton Eberly, Ashley Anderson, Kathryn HubbardPosted: May 22, 2024 / 04:41 PM EDT  Updated: May 23, 2024 / 09:17 AM EDT

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/chicago-man-identified-as-person-killed-in-moore-county-shooting-near-home-of-u-s-army-member-deputies-say/

CARTHAGE, N.C. (WNCN) – A deadly shooting earlier this month in Moore County has gained attention from the U.S. Army and the FBI.

Deputies of the Moore County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a home along Dowd Road in Carthage on May 3 around 8:15 p.m. after a trespassing at a home was reported.

A 911 caller explained that a person had been “taking photos on the property” and “became aggressive” toward a resident outside of their home, the sheriff’s office said.

CBS 17 has confirmed the man suspected of pulling the trigger is a member of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command, according to spokesperson Jacqueline Hill. At this time, the soldier’s rank and position within the command are not known.

The man killed as a result of the shooting has been identified as 35-year-old Ramzan Daraev from Chicago, Illinois, who appeared to have been shot multiple times, the sheriff’s office said. Deputies said they located Daraev nearly 250 yards from the roadway, along a powerline on the residential property.

Daraev’s identity was later confirmed through family members and an international identification that was discovered in his vehicle, according to the sheriff’s office. At the time of his death, he was reported to have been working as a subcontractor for Utilities One, which is a company based in New Jersey. Investigators are still working to verify his official employment status, deputies said.

According to the news release, Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting. The incident has been reported to the U.S. Department of Labor as well as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The FBI has also stepped in to help in the investigation, including providing a translator to assist with interviews of other reported Utilities One employees, the sheriff’s office said. Hill confirmed the primary investigating agency remains the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.

“Investigators are diligently working to gather all relevant information prior to concluding the investigation, including autopsy reports and findings from the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office,” the news release from the Moore County Sheriff’s Office stated. “Once all facts have been collected and reviewed, the case will be presented to the District Attorney’s Office for a determination on whether criminal charges will be pursued.”

“The Moore County Sheriff’s Office is committed to conducting a thorough and impartial investigation,” the statement added.

--------------------------------------
View Quote
Prison is in someones future.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting

Sounds suspicious.

250 yards from the roadway on private property combined with the above details are indeed interesting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Why do they need a translator to talk to members of the "utility company" the guy with a funny name from Chicago allegedly works for?

I feel like there is more going on here than what is reported.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Not too long ago you’d just have a slightly overweight middle aged white dude in a hard hat and polo come inspect your power or utility lines. Now you’ve got some illegal jabbering at you in a different language acting like an asshole and taking pictures. That probably would have flown with anyone else EXCEPT someone highly trained and not really keen on being photographed by foreigners.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds fishy to me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, this story is missing some details
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So he killed a Chechen/Dagstani/person from that general region that probably shouldn't have been allowed into this country anyway.  Not really seeing the problem.
View Quote

I googled his name.

All the usuals are spouting their usual stuff..Racisim, Islamophobia, justice for so and so...etc.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, wtf kind of people is this utility company hiring?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
screen name?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I've seen enough movies to know he will become a CIA assassin now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like a terrorist FA and FO.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#19]
They needed a translator for the SOCOM person, they speak in abbreviations.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Did the trespasser arrive in a black helicopter?

??
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I lived in that area for five years, there are a lot of SF and Delta guys who live there who are stationed at Bragg.

ETA: with a name like that, I would not be surprised if the dude was being cased for a terrorist attack. Need more details to confirm good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

I don't know for sure, but I have seen illegals and visa holders used more and more for right of way inspections for utilities that hire out to 3rd parties. They just need bodies to walk paths and say if clearing needs to be done etc. From what I have experienced they fuck up more then they get it right. But cheapest bidder and all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not too long ago you’d just have a slightly overweight middle aged white dude in a hard hat and polo come inspect your power or utility lines. Now you’ve got some illegal jabbering at you in a different language acting like an asshole and taking pictures. That probably would have flown with anyone else EXCEPT someone highly trained and not really keen on being photographed by foreigners.
View Quote

I found a foreign guy in my backyard a few months back. No identification, vest, etc. He had climbed over my fence and was fucking with the cable box. I yelled, he ran.

Called the cable company later and they confirmed he's one of their contractors. They said that standard procedure would be for him to knock and notify, but of course he spoke no English.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Agreed, story is missing a lot of info
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Wasn't there some story not too long ago about some Delta Force guy shooting another Green Beret guy?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#26]
From what I read here I'm going with not guilty.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I found a foreign guy in my backyard a few months back. No identification, vest, etc. He had climbed over my fence and was fucking with the cable box. I yelled, he ran.

Called the cable company later and they confirmed he's one of their contractors. They said that standard procedure would be for him to knock and notify, but of course he spoke no English.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. I had lunch delivered to a customer earlier this week. I got a call from the Uber Eats driver and we couldn’t even have a conversation because the guy’s English was so damn bad. I applaud the guy for working, but you should be required to speak the native language if you’re doing that job…or any job where you have to speak with people
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Random dude from Chicago on my property taking pics?

Yea The trespasser picked the wrong guy to fuck with.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm going with we need more details for $500 alex
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#31]
good shoot
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Is the deceased a POC and is the SOCOM soldier white?

These details will matter greatly.  They shouldn't.  But they will.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Failing to own a shovel before it’s needed can be more expensive than the alternative.  

This won’t be the last of the problems created by new arrivals.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah, this story is missing some details
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#35]
"shot multiple times"?   yeah it was a 9mm.    
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Random dude from Chicago on my property taking pics?

Yea The trespasser picked the wrong guy to fuck with.
View Quote

A misdemeanor trespass (250 yds from the home no less) deserves a felony murder? I dunno bout that bud. But again, there's a lot of missing info in the story.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#37]
No work pics on the dead guys gram, unless he works in a car wash.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_0895_png-3221515.JPG
View Quote

Wow, top right pic of the full auto AK. Going with this guys is a Jihadi and was casing the SOF dude for a terrorist attack, that may explain why the FBI is involved.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_0895_png-3221515.JPG
View Quote

That Krink photo, probably a good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Maybe Azeri turk or dagestanian, but islamic common Chechen name.  Weird...
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

And they need a translator to talk to the other employees? So we have a bunch of foreigners working for a contractor that works on our electrical infrastructure. Did I get that right?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#43]
need more details.

Russian?

Sleeper cell?

250 yards away?

Dunno, this could go either way.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#44]
OST.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

View Quote

providing a translator to assist with interviews of other reported Utilities One employees

Hiring people who cannot speak English to perform some service that may put them in contact with the public.

It is only going to get worse for this country as more people hire them and corporate America caters to them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Rambo First Blood - NOTHING IS OVER!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#47]
yes as has been mentioned by numerous posters -- a lot of WTF in this incident

'SOCOM soldier' could be anything from an E-2 truck driver in a support battalion to a Tier One CAG dude

i am guessing the latter in that three weeks later -- his identity has not been made public

and the 'employee' who speaks no English ??  wtf on that one ...  
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#48]
OST.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#49]
My early impression is not guilty .
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Based on the facts as presented: Bad shoot.

In for more information.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top