Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're there.  Lots of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some stealthy dudes seeing how we haven't seen them over here on the east coast.

I may not notice, but the guineas and geese sure will.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Lol so basically you work with a team of guys on a ROW. That has any bearing on the original story in this thread how? There is a big difference between one guy sneaking at dusk and a crew working; but maybe you're "too dense" to understand that.
View Quote
Because people were posting Chechen was required to have logos, ID, uniform, equipment, etc.

Since I do it for a living and know better, I posted that sub-contractors don't need that shit and often don't have it.  Fact.

Not sure why everyone has a problem with a simple fact.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Around here they sure as hell do, even the subs. At least have a damn high-vis vest or something. Just running around bareback around some dudes property with a camera is a good way to get an ass kicking or shot just about anywhere. At the very least that dude still would have been detained by police for awhile until they unfucked whatever bullshit he was on with no ID's or anything.
View Quote

TIL all I need to do to get the drop on a SOF Colonel to assassinate him is to wear a hi-viz vest and carry a clipboard.

Maybe if I wanna be an international super-assassin, I should hire a chauffeur to drive me up in a Rolls-Royce, then roll down the window to ask if the target has any Gray Poupon. Then whack him!
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some stealthy dudes seeing how we haven't seen them over here on the east coast.

I could believe you, random internet blowhard from Wa. Or the guys that live in that area, saying the exact opposite...

TYFYS
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good luck!
View Quote
You might not ever see any near your property.  Depends on what the UT companies are doing/not doing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:12:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I could believe you, random internet blowhard from Wa. Or the guys that live in that area, saying the exact opposite...

TYFYS
View Quote
There are no contract archaeologists, biologists, geologists on the East Coast?

Good one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Because people were posting Chechen was required to have logos, ID, uniform, equipment, etc.

Since I do it for a living and know better, I posted that sub-contractors don't need that shit and often don't have it.  Fact.

Not sure why everyone has a problem with a simple fact.
View Quote

Did you by chance train this Chechen?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did you by chance train this Chechen?
View Quote
Huh?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He was a member of  the USASOC according to the article below.  In any event, even a LTC is not going to go around randomly shooting people for no reason.  And again, he has not been arrested a month later. There is a bunch of info that is not being released.  I have not seen anything that stated he was working when it happened.  Nothing about what was on his camera and nothing about which member of the Colonel's household the deceased had the initial confrontation with.  Nor is there an explanation why he had no ID on him. Why would you leave your wallet in your car?

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2024/05/24/u-s-army-colonel-reportedly-shoots-alleged-chechen-intruder-dead/
View Quote

It reeks of a cover story IMO.  Reconning and hitting a SOC officer, possibly including their family at home, would send a real clear message to anyone in any position within the .mil that you and your family aren't safe.  I'm surprised that they even released the nationality of the deceased along with the occupation of the shooter but that does help support this theory.  I don't envision a SOC officer smoking an unarmed someone for no good reason (including snapping pics of their kid while outside) either... That's more meth-billy than military officer.

Covering it up as a random event, at least as best you can, would allow breathing room for the right people to deal with the source and the clean-up of the other actors. The fact that if such a mission almost succeeded and that it slipped through the cracks (like all the 9/11 hijackers did), it would be a huge embarrassment to the intel community.  Never mind what it would do to the mindset of the public, having knowledge that foreign military agents are actively running ops in the CONUS would put everyone into a blind panic.  It'd be a hell of a way to get dragged into the Ukraine/Russia shit.

I could also be wrong and the shooter was knee-walking drunk and a total basket case, even on a good day.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You might not ever see any near your property.  Depends on what the UT companies are doing/not doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck!

The RoW easement I've got goes right by my house and shop and down the hill.

I'd see 'em.

We're not talking about poles along the road.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I do read maps very well, its part off my job, do it for a living.  Also, the laws concerning this are not different there or anywhere else in the US.
View Quote

I should hope you can read a map but we watched a utility crew dig on the wrong lot all day once and just laughed at those assholes. The next day they dug the right lot and a couple days later a contractor came out to fix the first lot. Probably a $25k mistake but no one likes that company. And it was funny.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TYFYS

Good one.

They are in a different state. With different laws. Working for a different utility with different policies. Probably a different company. Certainly a different contract, with different requirements (including potentially ID and uniform).

So yeah whatever guys it is probably look exactly like the people who live there, and interact with them, describe them as.

If you run into assholes everywhere you go all day, you are the asshole.

If you run into clowns, after every post...
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I should hope you can read a map but we watched a utility crew dig on the wrong lot all day once and just laughed at those assholes. The next day they dug the right lot and a couple days later a contractor came out to fix the first lot. Probably a $25k mistake but no one likes that company. And it was funny.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I’d like to see @Windustsearch hop, skip and jump his way over to Montana and try the attitude he tries with his fellow left coast lemmings.

Hell I work IN people’s homes and I give them a courtesy text every single day I show up to do work, before I get on the property.

The kind of attitude he portrays here would get his ass run out of 90% of the properties in the county, at gunpoint.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I will say this much as a railroad contractor here in the states, steel toes, vest, glasses and hard hat makes a lot of folks assume you should be where you are.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Relevant to this:
Link
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:35:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will say this much as a railroad contractor here in the states, steel toes, vest, glasses and hard hat makes a lot of folks assume you should be where you are.
View Quote

Works in hospitals too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see lots of subcontractors around my area.  They are in trucks with at least a cheap magnet that supposedly claims their company name.

Even if they are just some "Verizon authorized contractor"

I've also never run across one at night.  Or that wasn't willing to say hi.  It's how I've gotten some loads of chips from the guys trimming for the power company.  Who also weren't working at night.  With no industry equipment.  Or marked trucks.

I have run across bums at night.  The kind that like to set fires in areas that could become big problems.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd like to see @Windustsearch hop, skip and jump his way over to Montana and try the attitude he tries with his fellow left coast lemmings.

Hell I work IN people's homes and I give them a courtesy text every single day I show up to do work, before I get on the property.

The kind of attitude he portrays here would get his ass run out of 90% of the properties in the county, at gunpoint.
View Quote
What attitude?  I've already posted how meetings with people in the field usually go, several times.  Read more.

My attitude on here is directed at a bunch of posters that are arguing against a few basic facts for whatever reason.  Also, I have worked in MT.  Probably going to OR the week after next, so on and so forth.  My work is not restricted to E WA.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#20]
The Wire GRINTSUM: Spies, Helicopters, and Taiwan

S2 Talking about this again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Typical sub-contractor crew at work.  No uniforms, IDs, Vests, Logos.  Vehicles were an old boat with no logo and an unmarked rental truck.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I retired from the phone company.  They are doing an upgrade in my neighborhood.  Fiber to the premises internet.  The contractors wore no special gear at all. There was however a sign at the entrance to the subdivision that explained what was up and that we needed to allow access to the backyard.  

One crew was Nicaraguan and NO ONE spoke English.  I speak Spanish so I went outside to talk to them.  

They never worked at night.

I was in peoples yards all the time before I retired.  I’ve wandered into an outdoor marijuana grow in buckets.  He evidently moved them inside at night. I was in a company hi viz vest and was walking along an aerial cable chasing trouble in it. The guard asked me what I was doing and I explained why I was there.  He accepted my reasons and we parted ways.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did it occur to you that subs don't always have all that crap and are not required to?  Fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it occur to you that different companies, working different contracts, with different utilities, in different states might have different requirements?

Maybe, just maybe, we can listen to the multiple guys here posting, that live in that area, instead of you shitting up the thread with irrelevant nonsense and terrible takes, for page after page.
Did it occur to you that subs don't always have all that crap and are not required to?  Fact.

You seem a little dense.  When you say "not required to"; by whom? If it is a property owner and you cannot prove up a right to be there; you will be told to leave.  Read MO law on what happens if you refuse to do so.  
You would need to inform the property owner of who you are and why you are there.  Cop an attitude about that here and it can get serious in a hurry.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You seem a little dense.  When you say "not required to"; by whom? If it is a property owner and you cannot prove up a right to be there; you will be told to leave.  Read MO law on what happens if you refuse to do so.  
You would need to inform the property owner of who you are and why you are there.  Cop an attitude about that here and it can get serious in a hurry.
View Quote
Did you miss the part where I have been doing this for decades and don't need advice?  Also, we don't have that junk anyway.  So far everyone on all those jobs has figured it out just fine.  Only a few GD weirdos can't wrap their heads around it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Fox news reporting that this poor utility worker had a telephoto lens on his camera and was around the power lines taking pictures of his house.  It sounds like he was using the woods as concealment. Once confronted, there was a fight between them.

They discussed the “utility company” and it has ties back to Russia with executives.  It incorporated Dec 2023.  CEO’s background is a dish washer.  It’s as suspicious as it gets.  Dishwasher to critical infrastructure solution provider.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had a group out of Texas running fiber optic in our neighborhood here in Tennessee.  They couldn't speak a word of English.
They cut the gas main in front of my house. It was a bit exciting waking up to fire trucks in front of my house with sirens blaring.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Typical sub-contractor crew at work.  No uniforms, IDs, Vests, Logos.  Vehicles were an old boat with no logo and an unmarked rental truck.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70693/IMG_1764_JPG-3223761.JPG
View Quote

That's an AI pic.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I've changed my mind, after the last couple of pages I'm now convinced that it was just some super cocky asshole working for the utility company who told the wrong guy how the cow eats the cabbage and understandably if not justifiably got smoked in the process.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Reconning and hitting a SOC officer, possibly including their family at home, would send a real clear message to anyone in any position within the .mil that you and your family aren't safe.  
View Quote

You might be surprised how many folks in the .mil would get a hard on if this happened.  Too many dudes want a CONUS kill.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you were conducting your business the way you claim to, no uniform, no company ID, no marked vehicle, and you just parked in front of my house and walked into my back yard (where there is a utility easement), you better believe I'd come out and ask you who you are and what you're doing. If I didn't like your answer and I told you to get the fuck off my property, what would you do?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've changed my mind, after the last couple of pages I'm now convinced that it was just some super cocky asshole working for the utility company who told the wrong guy how the cow eats the cabbage and understandably if not justifiably got smoked in the process.
View Quote

There certainly has been a lot of evidence presented by someone to support that conclusion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you were conducting your business the way you claim to, no uniform, no company ID, no marked vehicle, and you just parked in front of my house and walked into my back yard (where there is a utility easement), you better believe I'd come out and ask you who you are and what you're doing. If I didn't like your answer and I told you to get the fuck off my property, what would you do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing.

You don't have to like his answer.  As long as he is working on that easement/ROW, he has just as much right to be there as you do.  Probably more of a right if you start interfering with his work.  If you start acting aggressive, he should call the cops.

Also one of the reasons I left my meter at the street and did buried conduit down the driveway.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

As I said earlier in the thread where the purse swinging was just getting going.

This is 100% a plausible situation.  A sub of a sub of a sub of a sub* who no hablas out doing whatever it is he is supposed to be doing.  Assholes collided and dude got plugged.  Nobody will miss a Chechen MAM and North Carolina is a pretty good place to shoot someone if you frame it right.  Call it a public service shooting.

*the trickle down subs is what I'm seeing with the fiber install around the area.  They need to hurry up.  Maybe one of these days I'll get off this damn hotspot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Had a group out of Texas running fiber optic in our neighborhood here in Tennessee.  They couldn't speak a word of English.
They cut the gas main in front of my house. It was a bit exciting waking up to fire trucks in front of my house with sirens blaring.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/20161027_100323-604414.jpg
View Quote

My brother works for a water department in a fairly sizeable city in North Texas. He's always pitching a fit about sub contractors laying fiber optic cutting water mains and shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Here's the thing.

You don't have to like his answer.  As long as he is working on that easement/ROW, he has just as much right to be there as you do.  Probably more of a right if you start interfering with his work.  If you start acting aggressive, he should call the cops.

Also one of the reasons I left my meter at the street and did buried conduit down the driveway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing.

I'm not saying I'm in the right. I'm asking what he would do in that situation.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Don't have to identify to anyone."  Where exactly was that posted?  I don't have to identify to YOU.  If you can't mind your own business about it even after you have been notified, you can call the Sheriff or the UT.  I don't have a trespass hero approved ID anyway, just a DL that isn't going to help you at all.

How are the "laws on sub-contracting" different in other states as it applies to this thread?  This should be good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you refuse to identify yourself, drive an unmarked vehicle, and basically tell me you don't have to identify anything to anyone. Think about it, who would I call and who would I say I'm trying to identify. Your state is not like a lot of other states and have different laws that must be followed. But again are you trying to derail this thread by repeating the same thing over and over ignoring all other comments and even basically saying anyone who disagrees with you is a dumbass.
"Don't have to identify to anyone."  Where exactly was that posted?  I don't have to identify to YOU.  If you can't mind your own business about it even after you have been notified, you can call the Sheriff or the UT.  I don't have a trespass hero approved ID anyway, just a DL that isn't going to help you at all.

How are the "laws on sub-contracting" different in other states as it applies to this thread?  This should be good.

You have a Contractor's License and a Filed Development Plan. That can be checked and if you don't, you are breaking Washington State Law.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fox news reporting that this poor utility worker had a telephoto lens on his camera and was around the power lines taking pictures of his house.  It sounds like he was using the woods as concealment. Once confronted, there was a fight between them.

They discussed the “utility company” and it has ties back to Russia with executives.  It incorporated Dec 2023.  CEO’s background is a dish washer.  It’s as suspicious as it gets.  Dishwasher to critical infrastructure solution provider.
View Quote

I'm surprised it wasn't China owned.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My brother works for a water department in a fairly sizeable city in North Texas. He's always pitching a fit about sub contractors laying fiber optic cutting water mains and shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/20161027_100323-604414.jpg

A crew working in the Nashville area cut the phone lines to the 911 center.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This thread sucks now
View Quote

Yeah it's taken an unfortunate turn due to one particular member.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you not have some sort of ID / business card from your employer?  Do you go out doing work after dark? Do you even leave your wallet behind?

Where I live, they have a hi vis vest with a logo and a laminated ID visible.  The only one that actually rang the bell to let me know she was there was replacing the electric meter.   She had a ComEd truck and flash protection gear which for 120 split phase seems like overkill.
View Quote

Short those two 120 legs together or to ground on the power company's side of the meter and you wont think its overkill. The transformer doesn't trip like the breakers in you panel.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would seem to explain why there doesn't appear to be an effort to arrest the homeowner, and why the feds took an interest in the company.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Attacking key infrastructure would be exponentially more effective at disrupting things and causing chaos compared to attacking service members.
View Quote
Effective people are much more rare and difficult to replace than infrastructure.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've literally never had specific prior notification.  I've gone out to talk to folks showing up on the property, had a chat and that was the end of it.  Everyone has been in company vehicles, and looked the part.

So you're wrong.
View Quote

My Electric Co-op will call and info you that they have contractor in the area that may be on your property. Some of these contractors have signs on their trucks saying they are a co-op contractor others like Pike don't but you know for sure who they work for.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What do you do when he shrugs, babbles at you in Chechen, points at the trees and keeps taking pictures?

I've known people who do this but they all spoke English. I suppose like every job now it's hard to get good help
View Quote

More like they don't want to pay prevailing wage so they'll get a bunch of Biden's Newcomers who will live 5 to a shitty motel room while eating from the microwave.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Works in hospitals too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works in hospitals too.

Dressing like a worker, or like you belong will get you into a lot of places you want to get into.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#47]
An illegal alien working for a company involved with critical infrastructure.

Does the company have any liability for illegally hiring an illegal alien and putting him in this position?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dressing like a worker, or like you belong will get you into a lot of places you want to get into.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works in hospitals too.

Ex-wife said that the small group she was with on a high school trip to DC proved that to some degree, until a member of Congress noticed that they didn't belong there.  So, they told him that they had gotten separated from the rest of their high school group, then got lost (their explanation for why they were in an area they weren't supposed to be in), and he decided to take them even farther into areas they weren't supposed to be in and gave them the grand tour.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Blending in is key. Having done enough penetration testing, looking the part and acting like you know what you are doing will get you overlooked in most places.

If this was some super secret op, the dude wouldn't work for a company. He wouldn't go out without playing a part.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Me thinks the utility company is a fake business for scouting houses to rob
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top