BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They needed a translator for the SOCOM person, they speak in abbreviations.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No work pics on the dead guys gram, unless he works in a car wash.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_0895_png-3221515.JPG
View Quote

This changes the equation somewhat.

I'm currently within the Good/Preemptive Shoot camp but we'll see.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And they need a translator to talk to the other employees? So we have a bunch of foreigners working for a contractor that works on our electrical infrastructure. Did I get that right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daraev did not have any utility equipment, utility clothing or identification during the time of the shooting

Sounds suspicious.

Also, why do they need translators?

And they need a translator to talk to the other employees? So we have a bunch of foreigners working for a contractor that works on our electrical infrastructure. Did I get that right?

Sorta sounds that way
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like he killed an fbi employee.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not too long ago you’d just have a slightly overweight middle aged white dude in a hard hat and polo come inspect your power or utility lines. Now you’ve got some illegal jabbering at you in a different language acting like an asshole and taking pictures. That probably would have flown with anyone else EXCEPT someone highly trained and not really keen on being photographed by foreigners.
View Quote

Agreed.

I had some guy a few years ago doing the same thing.  Taking photos of the house, walking the yard, middle of a weekday.  Was suprised when I popped up behind him (CCW on).

Turns out he was an appraiser and looking at comparable, recently sold houses.  Showed me the houses he'd looked at and the one for sale.  I hadn't realized appraisers did that, but was totally fine.

So, yeah, I can see people doing sketchy things for legit reasons.... and not.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting pic of the AK

Makes you go hmmm
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The petition for justice is interestingly worded
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If a plain clothes overt American was taking photos near Mohammed’s house in Kerblackistan, I would expect much the same response.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm at the point where if you weren't born here, to parents that were born here, I honestly don't care what happens to you. Even if you were born here, there's still only a 25% chance that I care what happens to you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If a plain clothes overt American was taking photos near Mohammed's house in Kerblackistan, I would expect much the same response.
View Quote

My my, how the turntables...
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Makes you go hmmm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you go hmmm

If anyone has the gram app dig thru there.  I only got the front page.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Certainly sounds hinky, but if it was just some random foreign utility worker (why do we have those? Are those a thing now, since apparently his entire crew must be foreign?) doing contract labor surveying lines or property, he's going to get fucked.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I found a foreign guy in my backyard a few months back. No identification, vest, etc. He had climbed over my fence and was fucking with the cable box. I yelled, he ran.

Called the cable company later and they confirmed he's one of their contractors. They said that standard procedure would be for him to knock and notify, but of course he spoke no English.
View Quote

I would be canceling my cable over that shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#14]
It really sounds like a delta guy killed a jihadi turd that was sneaking around at his home and taking pictures.

If it was anyone else in "socom" they would have released his identify by now or more details about him.

If this was a Clancy book, it would have been the son of some chechan warlord the dude killed in a raid years ago that somehow tracked him down after all this time and was looking for revenge.

Or something.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not supposed to notice that.

Our betters have decided it's good, da?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Something odd going on there.  Another gram shot, cuffs and “playing cuffed?”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
250’ from the right of way doesn’t necessarily mean shit if Mr Dead was within the utility easement (which I am assuming exists if a power line crosses Mr SOCOM’s property)

Still, giving the benefit of the doubt to the American here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Based on the facts as presented: Bad shoot.

In for more information.
View Quote

Best I can tell, there have been zero facts presented.

Just as an example, where exactly did the shooting occur? Where dude was found doesn't mean that's where he was shot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
ETA: with a name like that, I would not be surprised if the dude was being cased for a terrorist attack. Need more details to confirm good shoot.
View Quote
Sounds like he was being cased for a revenge hit by a foreign adversary.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They needed a translator for the SOCOM person, they speak in abbreviations.
View Quote

"I was just hanging out when a POI passed the FEBA. I conducted RTC with one EKIA."

"Uh, okay, dude."
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just as an example, where exactly did the shooting occur? Where dude was found doesn't mean that's where he was shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on the facts as presented: Bad shoot.

In for more information.

lol, I had almost the exact same thought when I read that post.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
If we ship them all back to Kablamistan, many, many problems will be solved.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Not being racist or whatever-phobic but with a name like that, with no uniform or ID or equipment visible and taking photos around a SOCOM members’ home isn’t the brightest idea in this day and age, and that homeowner may have had articulable reasons to consider such actions to constitute a threat. Unfortunate situation all the way around.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but if the approximate location of the shooting is accurate per the local news, there is a small regional airfield right there as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
250’ from the right of way doesn’t necessarily mean shit if Mr Dead was within the utility easement (which I am assuming exists if a power line crosses Mr SOCOM’s property)

View Quote

If that means 250' outside of the utility right of way, there will not likely be charges.  
Mr dead might have thought he had a right he did not have.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Nearly 3 weeks ago, no updates since?
Suspicious as hell dead guy?
SOCOM soldier?
Pics of krink AK on dead guys photos?

Yeah, leaning towards someone up to no good that got discovered for once….  More details would be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I feel like there's more to this story somewhere
View Quote
Something sure seems odd about the whole situation. A good fiction writer could make a plausible plot line about foreign actors doing recon for a future hit on special ops members.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If that means 250' outside of the utility right of way, there will not likely be charges.  

View Quote

article reads 250 yards. But it doesn't clarify if that was where he was shot, or if that is where he ended up after being shot and running.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

article reads 250 yards. But it doesn't clarify if that was where he was shot, or if that is where he ended up after being shot and running.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, duh. I bungled that one. RIF
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#31]
So Islamic dude in plain clothes trespassing and taking photos on a SOC dudes property gets uppity when confronted and then deaded. Failing to see the issue here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#32]
250 yards from the roadway, along a powerline on the residential property.
View Quote

Uh oh
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sounds suspicious.

Also, why do they need translators?
View Quote

There was blurb on the news about the bridge collapse I mentioned here.  All of the workers on the bridge were from out of the country.

Something screwy is definitely going on.  I don't know what so I won't apply any kind of theory to it.

But there seems to be more reports involving workers from other countries doing work for government services in ways that I've just have never heard of before.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A misdemeanor trespass (250 yds from the home no less) deserves a felony murder? I dunno bout that bud. But again, there's a lot of missing info in the story.
View Quote
250 yds from the road. Doesn't say how far from the house. RIF.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"shot multiple times"?   yeah it was a 9mm.    
View Quote

Two to the body and one to the head is “multiple”
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Fbi stepped in.

He was probably one of the commies then.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There was blurb on the news about the bridge collapse I mentioned here.  All of the workers on the bridge were from out of the country.

Something screwy is definitely going on.  I don't know what so I won't apply any kind of theory to it.

But there seems to be more reports involving workers from other countries doing work for government services in ways that I've just have never heard of before.
View Quote
Interesting. Foreign workers working on critical infrastructure. What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol. I had lunch delivered to a customer earlier this week. I got a call from the Uber Eats driver and we couldn’t even have a conversation because the guy’s English was so damn bad. I applaud the guy for working, but you should be required to speak the native language if you’re doing that job…or any job where you have to speak with people
View Quote

My wife recently had a DoorDash driver message her completely in Spanish. From what she translated, the driver was pulled-over by the policia and wouldn't be able to make the delivery.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol I don't think you have the right guy.

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So he killed a Chechen/Dagstani/person from that general region that probably shouldn't have been allowed into this country anyway.  Not really seeing the problem.
View Quote

Found it interesting the feds got involved to translate interviews with other utility workers.  Wonder if they got a cell hired into the local utility and they were in recon phase.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I give the benefit of the doubt to our SF folks.  Good shoot unless proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not being racist or whatever-phobic but with a name like that, with no uniform or ID or equipment visible and taking photos around a SOCOM members’ home isn’t the brightest idea in this day and age, and that homeowner may have had articulable reasons to consider such actions to constitute a threat. Unfortunate situation all the way around.
View Quote

Counterpoint, this is the time of year that utilities are doing a lot of preventative tree work. Could he have been (or was his cover, in the more interesting case) simply surveying along the easement? Utility easements run all over the place.

Remember that that big transformer sabotage that made the news years back happened around there as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My wife recently had a DoorDash driver message her completely in Spanish. From what she translated, the driver was pulled-over by the policia and wouldn't be able to make the delivery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. I had lunch delivered to a customer earlier this week. I got a call from the Uber Eats driver and we couldn’t even have a conversation because the guy’s English was so damn bad. I applaud the guy for working, but you should be required to speak the native language if you’re doing that job…or any job where you have to speak with people

Necesito una tarjeta de regalo de Hon Dipo para el caución
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#45]
It's obviously not a foreign terrorist.

They check for those guys at the border.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Robin sage already kick off?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"shot multiple times"?   yeah it was a 9mm.    
View Quote

Coroner’s report can verify “lungs blown out” as CoD.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder that AK was found in his car.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Edit

Disregard.  Incorrect photo

Ramzan Daraev photo found on Change.org
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting. Foreign workers working on critical infrastructure. What could go wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya the whole idea is just silly enough that it sounds like some sort of crackpot theory.

But based on this story, and the one I mentioned.  It looks like a lot of areas are using contracting companies that exclusively hire foreigners possibly with visas.

Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top