Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Do these type of guys get Briefings? Like local places to avoid or bolo? I have neighbors stationed at the three local airbases they tell me they get occasional briefings on similar stuff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This changes the equation somewhat.

I'm currently within the Good/Preemptive Shoot camp but we'll see.
View Quote
You thinkin he checked the guy's Insta before shooting him?
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Instaposting can provide context and insight into what sort of interaction may have happened that weren't included in the article.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wasn't there so I dunno.  Seems really suspicious.  We'll never know if this guy was up to some nefarious shit.  My random ass guess, wrong place/wrong time/wrong people/didn't know no better/got turned into a hashtag.

The deceased was a subcontractor for the utility company, but he had no gear or ID with him, he wasn't in a uniform, and someone else had called 911 because dude was taking pictures and being belligerent towards other residents.  

People who like "justice for Daraev!!!11!" claim he was there taking pictures of work he had previously completed.  Okay, sure, I guess, seems weird that he'd do that just randomly in street clothes and honestly if true, that's probably what got him got.  

He ain't from here so he probably didn't understand that if you're in a neighborhood, taking pictures of people's homes, you look really fucking suspicious and you're probably going to get some static for it.  He wasn't identifiable (no service truck, no uniform) and from what I can find on the Google he didn't identify himself, probably couldn't, I'm assuming he didn't speak English or if he did it wasn't very good English.  He could legit be a utility guy following up on some work he did a couple days ago, or he could be planning a home invasion, the people in that neighborhood don't know.

Being that he ain't from 'round here, he also doesn't understand how to behave around other people in America (that's probably where the "became aggressive towards another resident" thing came from, someone asked him "what are you doing" and he was like suka-blyat-something-something and flipped the other guy off).  He also did this close by a military town/county, where some really switched-on, Type A personality type dudes reside, guys who are a little more wary and cognizant than your average citizen who's going on about their day.

So I'm gonna go with he fucked around and found out.
View Quote

Yeah I'm reasonably certain that the going around and taking photos in residential neighborhoods  thing is considered weird in Chechnya where he's from, and in Chicago where the article suggests he resided. I have spent about 2 months in the Caucasus, but not been to Chechnya though so maybe I'm out of touch on that.

That also suggests that the actual utilities work he did was in the Chicago area, which is a fairly long drive from where he met his demise.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

" Former colonel"
View Quote
Dude's lucky he didn't run into the Colonel's wife. That would have been a whole other ordeal, lol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#7]
SF dude? Might have spoken the language, and deaded might have been saying something that he didn't think anyone else would understand. Powerline guy might've been saying things about what they were really doing there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why do they need a translator to talk to members of the "utility company" the guy with a funny name from Chicago allegedly works for?

I feel like there is more going on here than what is reported.
View Quote

Trespassing.  Taking pictures of a special ops guys home/property.  Out of state residence.  Out of state company.  No ID on him to prove who he was or what he was doing there.  No prior communication with the landowner to let them know someone would be coming around to take pictures and why.  Becoming combative/aggressive when spotted/confronted by the landowner.

Yeah, long string of funny things.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dude's lucky he didn't run into the Colonel's wife. That would have been a whole other ordeal, lol.
View Quote

I can hear her now, "Do you know who my husband is?"
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Utility companies schedule employees in the field via work orders, and it’s possible dead guy was running behind schedule trying to finish up for the day.  

It’s also very possible dead guy was collecting information on a (for them) HVT for execution of an attack at a later date.

Every SF soldier past and present I’ve worked or met with has been solid.  Are they human, and capable of bad judgment like the rest of us?  Sure, but until proven otherwise, Green Beret gets the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, none of this would be an issue if we had sane immigration policies and a secure border.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's a weird one.

Some SF guy shooting a utility worker is weird.

Some Chechen 5th columnist risking getting burned in some half assed backyard inspection of a SF guys house is also weird, compared to literally any other activity a 5th columnist could be up to in the US.

View Quote

Being ready to attack a large number of current and former experienced SF members and officers would be pretty high on my checklist if I was an enemy who was preparing to engage in something far more aggressive and widespread on our soil than shooting up some critical infrastructure

Odds are that John Q Public will never be told the whole story or what kind of intelligence we have about such activities
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Army dude probably fucked
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#13]
More info:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mysterious-shooting-army-special-forces-residence-north-carolina-raises-questions

Two Chechen men who spoke broken English were found near the soldier's home. The family alleges the suspected intruder, 35-year-old Ramzan Daraev of Chicago was taking photos of their children. When confronted near a power line in a wooded part of the property, an altercation ensued and Daraev was shot several times at close range. A second man, Dzhankutov Adsalan, was in a vehicle some distance from the incident and was questioned by authorities and then released. The Moore County Sheriff's office is leading the investigation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#14]
With 1.6 million invaders getting through the border free and clear in the past three years, it's hard to give a foreign stranger casing your property the benefit of the doubt in 2024.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Power company hires some poor English speaking dude who stumbles across soldier. Soldier thinks "wtf is going on with this odd foreign guy it's a trap!" POW POW -oops off to jail.

Why do the conspiracies not make sense?
Why do unknown bad guys care about this soldier to launch an eleborate movie style plot?
If they are after this guy why bother getting a guy into the power line company-which he did really work for but then-spy doesn't bother to wear work clothes consistent with his cover?

Why bother getting a lone guy a cover job with the power company v just sending 5 guys in camo?

If this is a big plot that still doesn't explain the soldier killing an unarmed guy who presumably didn't fight him. Wouldn't the soldier capture him? The lone guy ran away and the soldier thought he was escaping?

View Quote

You left out the part where he just came to America for a better life and to serve on the front lines of the climate crisis working for the utility company and he was working late because he spends much of his time doing community outreach work and learning English.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#16]
My expectation at this point is the special operations guy is probably one of the many who has spent time "advising" in Ukraine and his ID was sold to the Russians.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My expectation at this point is the special operations guy is probably one of the many who has spent time "advising" in Ukraine and his ID was sold to the Russians.

View Quote

That or he's one of the far, far more who spent time fighting jihadis, including Chechens, in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Back when I painted houses in the ville, one of the properties had 10 penny nails driven outward through the whole front door at about a 3” spacing.

The soldier that rented the place got tired of people knocking.

It’s an interesting area.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Back when I painted houses in the ville, one of the properties had 10 penny nails driven outward through the whole front door at about a 3” spacing.

The soldier that rented the place got tired of people knocking.

It’s an interesting area.
View Quote

Moore County is the other side of base, by Camp Mackall. Not Fayettenam
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With 1.6 million invaders getting through the border free and clear in the past three years, it's hard to give a foreign stranger casing your property the benefit of the doubt in 2024.
View Quote

LOL, we wish it was that few.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Something sure seems odd about the whole situation. A good fiction writer could make a plausible plot line about foreign actors doing recon for a future hit on special ops members.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like there's more to this story somewhere
Something sure seems odd about the whole situation. A good fiction writer could make a plausible plot line about foreign actors doing recon for a future hit on special ops members.

Or the general population:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because lots of GDers are cuckoo and want everything to be a conspiracy theory.

They also want an excuse to shoot people like this guy did. Now he’s going to prison. Real smart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Power company hires some poor English speaking dude who stumbles across soldier. Soldier thinks "wtf is going on with this odd foreign guy it's a trap!" POW POW -oops off to jail.

Why do unknown bad guys care about this soldier to launch an eleborate movie style plot?
If they are after this guy why bother getting a guy into the power line company-which he did really work for but then-spy doesn't bother to wear work clothes consistent with his cover?

Why bother getting a lone guy a cover job with the power company v just sending 5 guys in camo?

If this is a big plot that still doesn't explain the soldier killing an unarmed guy who presumably didn't fight him. Wouldn't the soldier capture him? The lone guy ran away and the soldier thought he was escaping?

Because lots of GDers are cuckoo and want everything to be a conspiracy theory.

They also want an excuse to shoot people like this guy did. Now he’s going to prison. Real smart.

lol While I'll agree that I think it isn't a Tom Clancy conspiracy deal like so many here do. I don't think the shooter will see jail time. If there aren't any witnesses or video surveillance, it's basically a he said situation. The other party is dead and died before telling his side of the story. Granted we don't have a lot of info on what happened, but shooter stumbles across a suspicious person, an argument occurs, suspicious person doesn't have any work identification, the shooter could say the dead guy was probably going to go hands on and for his safety shot him in self defense. I'd be really surprised if the shooter actually gets convicted.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Instaposting can provide context and insight into what sort of interaction may have happened that weren't included in the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol The natural arf detectives posted the instagram of some random dude in Russia. Wrong guy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

lol While I'll agree that I think it isn't a Tom Clancy conspiracy deal like so many here do. I don't think the shooter will see jail time. If there aren't any witnesses or video surveillance, it's basically a he said situation. The other party is dead and died before telling his side of the story. Granted we don't have a lot of info on what happened, but shooter stumbles across a suspicious person, an argument occurs, suspicious person doesn't have any work identification, the shooter could say the dead guy was probably going to go hands on and for his safety shot him in self defense. I'd be really surprised if the shooter actually gets convicted.
View Quote

If you disregard what the leftist in power are doing on a grand scheme, it’s an isolated incident.  If you take into account the panoply of actions, it’s Clancy’s best work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"shot multiple times"?   yeah it was a 9mm.    
View Quote

For SURE
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Army dude probably fucked
View Quote

Only if the prosecutor gets a dream jury.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Being ready to attack a large number of current and former experienced SF members and officers would be pretty high on my checklist if I was an enemy who was preparing to engage in something far more aggressive and widespread on our soil than shooting up some critical infrastructure

Odds are that John Q Public will never be told the whole story or what kind of intelligence we have about such activities
View Quote

Attacking key infrastructure would be exponentially more effective at disrupting things and causing chaos compared to attacking service members.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That or he's one of the far, far more who spent time fighting jihadis, including Chechens, in Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere.
View Quote

You would think if they went through all that effort they could find a dude with better technical skills than this guy taking blatant pictures on the dudes land and getting caught.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
With 16 million invaders getting through the border free and clear in the past three years, it's hard to give a foreign stranger casing your property the benefit of the doubt in 2024.
View Quote

Your number was off by orders of magnitude.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you disregard what the leftist in power are doing on a grand scheme, it’s an isolated incident.  If you take into account the panoply of actions, it’s Clancy’s best work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disregard what the leftists are doing, but it very well could be an isolated incident. That's why I'm not jumping to conclusions, and waiting to see what comes of this. Now that it's going viral, there's a higher chance that we'll get more info as time passes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Attacking key infrastructure would be exponentially more effective at disrupting things and causing chaos compared to attacking service members.
View Quote

Like this?  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore_County_substation_attack
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Like this?  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore_County_substation_attack
View Quote

Ya exactly. That would affect a hell of a lot more people than attacking some SF member.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You would think if they went through all that effort they could find a dude with better technical skills than this guy taking blatant pictures on the dudes land and getting caught.
View Quote

You would think so, but then again some of the 9/11 hijackers while attending flight school in the U.S. stated  that they didnt need to learn how to land a plane. These aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed, they just have to get lucky.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't disregard what the leftists are doing, but it very well could be an isolated incident. That's why I'm not jumping to conclusions, and waiting to see what comes of this. Now that it's going viral, there's a higher chance that we'll get more info as time passes.
View Quote

You're not going to get any more information than they want you to get.

If in fact this is enemy action you are 100% guaranmotherfuckingteed it will be kicked under the rug.

It's an election year, things aren't going well for the central government, there is no circumstance under which they will tell you the truth. None.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#36]
So dead guy was a Commie pedo who was trying to abduct the USASOC guys kids?

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You left out the part where he just came to America for a better life and to serve on the front lines of the climate crisis working for the utility company and he was working late because he spends much of his time doing community outreach work and learning English.
View Quote
He should have stayed home.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
Dude isn't getting prosecuted in Moore county for slaying a Commie.

Dude will be found not guilty by supper.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So dead guy was a Commie pedo who was trying to abduct the USASOC guys kids?

View Quote

Protecting America at home and abroad.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

But only because this Caucasian man isn't wasn't white.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Ya exactly. That would affect a hell of a lot more people than attacking some SF member.
View Quote

2 years apart, but they appear to be "getting both."

It's got to be a hell of a thing focusing on work when you're wondering if you're family will still be there when you get home.

Of course, nothing is ever happening when you ignore everything that's happening.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I live quietly out in the woods. Only one way in or out. If someone shows up here taking photos and such with no ID, no banner sign on vehicle, no uniform, and is of military age and doesn't speak English to convince me what he's doing here is valid then he will stand a very good chance of seeing my unfriendly side. I will have a gun on him immediately. The rest is up to him.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Some of you all read too much Tom Clancy, and I bet the world is very interesting through your eyes, and I’m jealous of that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would bet my last dollar that's against company policy, in addition to a stupid idea, for reasons this entire post exists.
View Quote
I don't think you have any idea.  I got offered a logo vest and car magnet once by one of them.  Other than that no.

I mean, I do that type of work all the time, do you?
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Some of you all read too much Tom Clancy, and I bet the world is very interesting through your eyes, and I'm jealous of that.
View Quote

So members of our armed forces have never been warned about reprisal attacks on home soil by foreign actors?

That's not Tom Clancy shit.  SOCOM had a massive data breach last year.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't understand why...but my cable company sent a "tech" that was arab and was unable to speak basic english.  He tried to explain that he was living in a local hotel because the cable company moved him from NJ to another state for 6 months or something similar...and that the company moves technicians around from hotel to hotel.

It was very odd.  He fixed nothing and left after a bunch of phone calls to other people who spoke his language.  The next tech that came a few days later was eastern European and he said the same thing...living in a hotel paid for by the company, not from the area, travels to wherever they send him and usually stays for a few months.  

It seems to be a common business model.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#48]

So hypothetical situation that I can actually belive.

Legit power employee (just breaking company SOP not having his ID and shirt with him, breaking SOP isnt a felony, or anything, just stupid). guy is out taking right of way photos with house in background, OR casing house.  Homeowner/SF guy ses this , comes out and says "who are you and what do you want" , guy closes distance because yelling is harder to understand than talking/gesturing. SF guy mentally goes to WTF is this guy trying to come into stabby/pokey/ grapple range and levels gun saying "stop"... power employee doesnt stop (language, or intent we dont know), but closes the distance more and maybe reaches for the CCW arm, stumbles and falls toward guy (in woods, dusk, looking at guy NOT feet). Wouldn't be an unreasonable response for SF guy to fire a couple times(at that range, he ain't missing, he will likely have hollow points, he would understand the difference between FMJ and JHP after that much training id have to think), due to multiple COM hits from quality ammo, end result is power company guy bleeds out.

SF guy is a full bird colonel, meaning MINUMUM of college graduate and 18+ years of time in (more likely 20+). Guy is 40+, and having been in the last 20 years meaning multiple trips to sandy places, and lots of high speed lead exposure(at lower ranks that can happen, Colonels arent really "go shoot stuff" troops usually from what i understand; but i bet he can actually navigate DTS..., ) .
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Some of you all read too much Tom Clancy, and I bet the world is very interesting through your eyes, and I’m jealous of that.
View Quote

Reprisal attacks and targeting has happened multiple times.  That's not new or Tom Clancy.  

There are known terrorists with family living in the US and Europe.  It's common for terrorists to have relatives in the west.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC the 9/11 hijackers had visa applications that were half filled out/misspelled. And NOT credit card visas but immigration visas.
Page / 32
Top Top