Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 6/10/2016 5:40:17 PM EDT
Saw this today. http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist-says-he-found-definitive-proof-that-god-exists-2/

I'm already a believer via the evidence of things not seen, but I'm curious to know what level of empirical evidence would be sufficient for those who don't have faith to say: 'Yeah, ok. God Exists.'

What would tip you from non-believer to agnostic to 'Yeah, ok. Supreme being is there.'

ETA: Poll added.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
So he found out about me.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Even a direct in person encounter could be a very technologically advanced alien, or the system admin of the universe simulation server logging in to have a look around.  Just like religious people say you can't disprove god, there's no way he could definitively prove himself either.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
God would have to come talk to me direct to erase my doubts.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, fuck it, tag.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
So the display of immense power would still not convince you?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

How could you be sure that you were not dreaming, or hallucinating?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  He'd have to come to earth in the form of a human and do some miracles and stuff.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Another poll fail!  I already believe!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you know it's not just a program in the simulation?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have loads of evidence and data proving man walked on the surface of the moon.   That event happened.  It's fact.    We have photos, videos, samples, eyewitness testimony, etc; and yet there are still disbelievers.

Belief has nothing to do with evidence or the lack of evidence but of the individual person and what they personally believe.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife sure knows God.  Always screaming his name when we're together.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The argument against miracles is a tautology. Lewis' treatment of it should've ended this nonsense years ago, and yet it persists (case in point)
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd trust philosophers and theologians more than scientists in this matter.

Let the scientists continue their work on global warming.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well op you've opened up another new can of worms for sure. For most of the atheist that will reply, there is nothing that will change them. Sad but true. They will rebuttal with misguided ignorance, avoid answers, and dance around everything thrown at them.  They will ignore a large number of scientist that believe there is a God, like we even need scientist to prove it, and then throw a bunch of inane answers from some "Supreme Atheist" at this thread. Good luck to all and God Bless everyone.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Do we know which particular sect/cult the deity prefers?

As an atheist, it would be awesome if true.

Watched the video,   "The mind of god"  as in a metaphor.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't need a scientist to tell me what I already know that God exists.  To each their own though.

However, OP had poll failure as there is not an option for believers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#19]
He has never said it is God. That is what religious people are saying. He said he believes we are living in a matrix created by some sort of super intelligence. Just like someone else did recently. Cant recall who the other person was though. Was a thread on it here actually in the last week.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My wife sure knows God.  Always screaming his name when we're together.
View Quote

God damnit Durka-Durka, I said take out the trash!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#21]
As an aside: I find it particularly interesting that almost all liberals are now religious.

Happy ramendon, Liberals!

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.  He'd have to come to earth in the form of a human and do some miracles and stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like Jesus ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Let's look at the source, shall we?

Site name:  GEOPHILOSOPHICAL ASSOCIATION OF ANTHROPOLOGICAL AND CULTURAL STUDIES

Site header picture:  Some goofy bullshit picture of Aztec ruins to immediately link the mind of the gullible to superstitions

Source:  Wild eyed Asian who posits his discovery in the form of a question

Delivery method:  Web video rather than paper with proofs that could be independently verified by outside sources

Other featured stories:  Isaac Newton’s Lost Alchemy Recipe Rediscovered

Yep.  Seems legit as hell.  Someone get over to the "No One Killed Christ" thread and let them know it's settled.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
His opinion is no more or less valid than the thousands of other scientists who don't believe in god.

Also, we've been told by GDers that scientists are all corrupt liars who only work for grant money, and thus, can't be trusted.  Also they are stupid.  So why the hell would you believe them?

ETA::Also, watching the video, the title of the OP, and the article, are completely wrong.  He did not say "definite proof that god exists".  Rather, it seemed to me he was talking about god in the abstract sense, he said the "mind of 'god' is superstrings resonating in hyperspace". He did not say it was an intelligence. He did not say we were specifically created. He did not say any of that shit that the article implies.

He may be a believer. He may not be.  Its not clear from the video.  The only thing that is clear is that website is complete and utter shite.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#26]
See Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Devil's Due".  

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well op you've opened up another new can of worms for sure. For most of the atheist that will reply, there is nothing that will change them. Sad but true. They will rebuttal with misguided ignorance, avoid answers, and dance around everything thrown at them.  They will ignore a large number of scientist that believe there is a God, like we even need scientist to prove it, and then throw a bunch of inane answers from some "Supreme Atheist" at this thread. Good luck to all and God Bless everyone.
View Quote

When it comes to avoiding answers you take the cake.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey, we're here together again! I for one would like to meet this Supreme Athiest, sounds like a reasonable guy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#29]
lol sure he did.

cant click link on phone. no worries if it was worth reading it would be unavoidable to hear about it.
Proof of God would be a pretty significant, big and unavoidable topic..

just imagine how that would effect faith

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
God talked to people all the time back during the days of the Bible. They all seemed to be able to get it and understand him.

It is pretty convenient for a religion to have as it's only unforgivable sin is to not believe. You can get a pass on everything else.

Kill 106 kids, find God and get forgiveness. Live a life following the teachings of Jesus Christ, yet have doubts as to the reality of his actual immense power...which has never been demonstrated to you personally and you are condemned to live in some sort of "hell".

You got to admit, even if you are a hard core believer that it is a pretty convenient part of the whole deal if someone were wanting to make you believe this in order to profit from it in some way.
View Quote

Oh hell, now you did it. Get him God-Squad!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't need a scientist to tell me what I already know that God exists.  To each their own though.

View Quote

My first poll. I was bound to mess it up. The question however was directed to those that do not have faith. People with the evidence of things not seen, do not need the evidence of things seen to know that there is a God.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
God is real? Great now which one? If there was definitive proof there was a Creator it isn't like everything is solved in the world.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
God talked to people all the time back during the days of the Bible. They all seemed to be able to get it and understand him.

It is pretty convenient for a religion to have as it's only unforgivable sin is to not believe. You can get a pass on everything else.

Kill 106 kids, find God and get forgiveness. Live a life following the teachings of Jesus Christ, yet have doubts as to the reality of his actual immense power...which has never been demonstrated to you personally and you are condemned to live in some sort of "hell".

You got to admit, even if you are a hard core believer that it is a pretty convenient part of the whole deal if someone were wanting to make you believe this in order to profit from it in some way.
View Quote

Christianity teaches man condemned himself (through Adam, our representative) and deserves destruction for the actions and choices we made of our own free will.    

Salvation through the blood of Christ was meant as a gift to save mankind from the judgment we brought upon ourselves.

You don't "get a pass on everything else" because the "wages of sin is death."     Even with the gift salvation, sin brings with it its own punishment.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#34]
A feat that no human could accomplish, only a being we would describe as God.

Stop earth rotation for a few hours. Something that couldn't be a trick. Like, put Pangea back together.

That'd do it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My first poll. I was bound to mess it up. The question however was directed to those that do not have faith. People with the evidence of things not seen, do not need the evidence of things seen to know that there is a God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't mess up your poll, it was directed at non-believers. It's just that some religious folk have to be the center of discussion no matter what.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

lol sure he did.

cant click link on phone. no worries if it was worth reading it would be unavoidable to hear about it.

Proof of God would be a pretty significant, big and unavoidable topic..

just imagine how that would effect faith

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Don't waste your time. The video doesn't imply proof of god, or a supernatural intelligence, in any way.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Wasn't expecting that to come from one of the guys who made string theory.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Stop earth rotation for a few hours. Something that couldn't be a trick. Like, put Pangea back together.

That'd do it.
View Quote

Um, let's skip the Pangea thing. I'm in Georgia, which would put me next to West Africa. I'm already half an hour from Atlanta, which is close enough for my taste.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#39]
That scientist is full of shit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Um, let's skip the Pangea thing. I'm in Georgia, which would put me next to West Africa. I'm already half an hour from Atlanta, which is close enough for my taste.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd do it.

Hmm... what does M.A.R.T.A. stand for, again?  
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This makes me think of Stargate.

Can you guess why?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't see how alien seeders would be proof of that.  There could be a lot of things, such as finding a message starting in the 100 quadrillion digit of Pi saying "We apologize for the Inconvenience" in all the languages of Earth, or we could gather enough data (or find glitches in the matrix) that proves we're living in a simulation and the programmers or Boltzmann brain responsible from would essentially be our god, or Great Cthulhu could rise up and eat us all because the stars are right.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd do it.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

So if God's chariot flies overhead and drops boxes of god stuff that we can't explain, does that convince us of god's existence or does that make up cargo cult members living on some isolated island somewhere.  

I think they made that movie back in the 80s and called it "The Gods Must be Crazy"
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Saw this today. http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist-says-he-found-definitive-proof-that-god-exists-2/

I'm already a believer via the evidence of things not seen, but I'm curious to know what level of empirical evidence would be sufficient for those who don't have faith to say: 'Yeah, ok. God Exists.'

What would tip you from non-believer to agnostic to 'Yeah, ok. Supreme being is there.'

ETA: Poll added.
View Quote

What level of evidence would it take for you to believe in a different God? Say for example Odin or Athena?

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

He probably has already and you didn't listen  
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#49]
lol
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your compelling evidence is overwhelming .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top