Quoted:
Coal isla for me tonight

Caol Ila

Pronounced Cull Ayla
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am blessed with a friend who collects scotch...and has means to support this hobby

when I visited him last time we had a week long scotch tasting...

View Quote

Holy shit....  

If he needs an more friends I'd like to submit a resume for consideration...    
Willing to relocate if needed  
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It most definitely does not. As a scotch enthusiast it is almost frustrating how much all scotch is associated with peat. In truth it’s likely only 10-15 percent that use peat.

What you need is a Highland like the Lasanta I mentioned above. No peat at all.

But... I have read that all scotch and Irish whiskey was at one time peated because that was the only readily available fuel source they had. There are very few Irish whiskys that are peated. One is Connemara which I think is quite good.

There, that’s a thing you know now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tastes like chewing on a bag of dirt to me.
People say not all of it has the peat taste. I'm no expert or connoisseur, but all of it I've tried has had it to a degree or another.
Not for me.

It most definitely does not. As a scotch enthusiast it is almost frustrating how much all scotch is associated with peat. In truth it’s likely only 10-15 percent that use peat.

What you need is a Highland like the Lasanta I mentioned above. No peat at all.

But... I have read that all scotch and Irish whiskey was at one time peated because that was the only readily available fuel source they had. There are very few Irish whiskys that are peated. One is Connemara which I think is quite good.

There, that’s a thing you know now.

It's hilarious that people will taste peat in a scotch that was literally made with ZERO peat....but they expect it, so they think they taste it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have bought every single bottle of Octomore I've laid eyes on....

Thus, I have one bottle. I envy people that have store that carry Octomore frequently...

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I finally tried some without ice.  It's a bit better flavor than cold, but more burn.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread cost me money. Just got a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg corryvreckan. I have some Laphroig and Ardbeg 10 currently on the shelf. Hope these two up my scotch game a bit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand the Scotch thing or hard liquor in general.  
"Tastes like dirt and fire."
Cool.  Ima go with another beer.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the Ardbeg 5yr Wee Beastie?  IdId like to know how the peat levels compare to Ardbeg 10yr before buying.
View Quote

I picked up a bottle a while back as the place I was buying beer had a display right next to checkout and the bottles were like 20$ . Holy shit . Its got plenty ‘O flavor. Do it .
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I finally tried some without ice.  It's a bit better flavor than cold, but more burn.
View Quote

Neat is my favorite!
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This thread cost me money. Just got a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg corryvreckan. I have some Laphroig and Ardbeg 10 currently on the shelf. Hope these two up my scotch game a bit.
View Quote

Lagavulin 16 is my absolute favorite. The most well rounded of the readily available Islay. I like Laphroaig but it pales in comparison to Lagavulin 16.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Laphroaig 10 here as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lava upon 16 is my absolute favorite. The most well rounded of the readily available Islay. I like Laphroaig but it pales in comparison to Lagavulin 16.
View Quote

I’m ready to try the Lagavulin. Lots of hype in this thread for it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its sort of like the guy you know who will eat the most rotten pussy and ass. And if you say you don't like it he'll declare you a fag.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Slow your roll and you might find you enjoy it more.

I’ve changed several friends minds simply by telling them to slow down and take smaller sips. If you aren’t used to strong alcohol a big swig is going to be completely overpowering.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top