Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8cNQzV_BOM video starts at 1:00. Full power strikes to the throat, groin, and solar plexus. Many more examples as well.
View Quote
World Record Kick to the Groin [Documentary]

Shits retarded yo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Obviously you didn't bother to look up the video. This Grandmaster and his students have been doing these demos for around 50 years now. They have taken the best shots from heavyweight boxing champions, NFL Super Bowl Champions, MMA Champions, American Gladiator's, etc. without ever even being knocked to their knees, let alone knocked out. There are over a dozen major TV specials featuring these demos, including the Fox Sport's Science World Record Kick to the Groin episode, Discovery Channel, TLC, Stan Lee's Superhumans, ABC Wide World of Sports, etc.

It's only magic if you don't understand how it works.
View Quote
It's not magic because it doesn't work.  It's whoo whoo bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It looks like he has had a good life and is surrounded by a good looking family. Good for him.
View Quote
Extremely nice guy. Drives on his own dime to give free lessons to women an hour away. I’ve watched him spar collegiate wrestlers, an early 90s era 6’11 foot UFC participant and other self proclaimed Chinese martial arts “masters” but his passion is beer, cooking and family. Notice the beer
Emma performs Siu Nim Tao for Grandpa at San Jose Wing Chun BBQ 2015
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously you didn't bother to look up the video. This Grandmaster and his students have been doing these demos for around 50 years now. They have taken the best shots from heavyweight boxing champions, NFL Super Bowl Champions, MMA Champions, American Gladiator's, etc. without ever even being knocked to their knees, let alone knocked out. There are over a dozen major TV specials featuring these demos, including the Fox Sport's Science World Record Kick to the Groin episode, Discovery Channel, TLC, Stan Lee's Superhumans, ABC Wide World of Sports, etc.

Nah, it works, if you get hit in the nuts enough it stops hurting. If you build up the muscles in your neck and torso you can take hits that would kill a normal person without medical attention.

No magic involved, just a stupid amount of time getting kicked in the nuts and punched in the throat.

The body just adapts to it.

A person who put the same amount of pain and effort into not getting punched in the throat or kicked in the nuts can probably kick the guys ass anyway.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah if you want to be a badass at fighting in UFC.

UFC has rules. No kicking a man when he is down, No hand, arm or leg breaking/dislocating allowed, no throat or head stomping or junk kicking or eye gouging or throat crushin or biting etc.

It isn't combat, it has rules, lots of them.

If you want to be badass train to do the things I listed.
View Quote
Early UFC had almost none of the rules you mention. Modern MMA fighters would slaughter the early ones.

Not to say the rules are good. They should ban gloves and basically go to the old rule set.

An uncontrolled fight isn't the same as a UFC fight, but the real differences are not the things you listed. It is the sometimes predatory nature of a real attack, multipe opponents who keep stomping your skull after you can't defend yourself, etc. Not so much "dirty techniques", but other elements of uncontrolled fighting.

1956 Hong Kong Rooftop Fighting
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tell him to transition to BJJ. Probably not as hard on the body. We do throws at our school and that shit hurts after a while.

Btw what’s your training history? Arts trained belts ranks etc. Not calling you out I’m genuinely curious you seem to be really knowledgeable about this stuff.

Me, I’m just a 46 yr old BJJ purple belt with  a 39 yr old blue belt wife.
View Quote
I'm a BJJ purple at 56.

I had a background in karate when I was young ('77--'83), got a black belt in that, and crossed trained in a bunch of other stuff, mostly Judo, Aikido, and American Kenpo but some experience in a bunch of other stuff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Early UFC had almost none of the rules you mention. Modern MMA fighters would slaughter the early ones.

Not to say the rules are good. They should ban gloves and basically go to the old rule set.

An uncontrolled fight isn't the same as a UFC fight, but the real differences are not the things you listed. It is the sometimes predatory nature of a real attack, multipe opponents who keep stomping your skull after you can't defend yourself, etc. Not so much "dirty techniques", but other elements of uncontrolled fighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXtQogCNh4
View Quote
Guy I attended college with was sparring with someone else {not me} and fell, there were broken glass bottles and it was dark, turned out some glass went right thru his palm. We had to take him to the hospital. He was pissed. Super pissed. After that I noticed he wouldn’t spar anymore but I didn’t say anything and realized how badly affected him. I prefer a free for all spar myself but it can get hairy with steps, park benches and debris or garbage bags lying around
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Much of Japanese karate has been sporterized as well. Before he went crazy dillman had some interesting theories. As toward grappling techniques in karate.
View Quote
The guy who exposes the fakes?

In my opinion the problem with karate is that it is a theory based system traditionally practiced via forms. It's the fight sports that do well in MMA.

Something like a karate reverse punch, starting with chambered fist, etc., is a stylistic technique that makes sense according to logic if you start with flawed principles. When people actually fight and trade punches they punch much more like a boxer. Of course when you include kicking and grappling your stance will be a bit different than in a boxing match.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ok, sure.
Who says it's actually 1100 ft. lb. kick to the groin? Is it because he hit that dummy and it said 1100 ft. lbs? That dummy is not his balls, same with the "600 ft. lb. throat shot".
Obviously you are a doctor or at the very least a medic if you know it would result in death within minutes without an emergency trach tube.
If you are not a doctor, how do you know it would collapse a trachea resulting in death within minutes?

I apologize if I am wrong but I don't think you are a doctor and if that's the case, you are talking out your ass.
View Quote
The impact sensor strapped to Justice's foot says it's 1100 ft. lbs. of force. There are other demo's out there showing similar results. Did you not see the big impact sensor strapped to his foot when he did the groin kick??? Did you not see the kick lift him completely off the ground?

When you study classical/traditional martial arts, part of what you learn is anatomy. Any martial arts practitioner should know that a good strike (especially a high powered knife hand strike) to the throat/trachea will result in a collapsed trachea. Collapsed trachea = no bueno, you don't have to be a Dr. to know this stuff, it's part of any good martial arts training to know where to strike to disable your opponent. Also, as I've stated repeatedly, there are other videos out there of these demo's. One of the most recent ones is from Stan Lee and his superhumans show. They do the demo with impact sensors to record the force of each blow. They have a Dr. on standby to perform an emergency tracheotomy if needed. They explain very carefully to the viewer that not only is what they are about to see real but trying it at home will result in death. They even interview the mystified Dr. afterwards and ask him to explain what he just witnessed. Obviously, he can't as western medicine/science doesn't understand what the ancients knew. A solid kick to the groin like that can force your testicles up into your body, where they will swell and have to be surgically removed. No, I'm not a Dr. but you learn this stuff when you go to a real martial arts school, not a sport school geared towards competition.

If the plethora of video demo's doesn't convince you guys you're welcome to seek out these martial artists and try it in person.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Guy I attended college with was sparring with someone else {not me} and fell, there were broken glass bottles and it was dark, turned out some glass went right thru his palm. We had to take him to the hospital. He was pissed. Super pissed. After that I noticed he wouldn’t spar anymore but I didn’t say anything and realized how badly affected him. I prefer a free for all spar myself but it can get hairy with steps, park benches and debris or garbage bags lying around https://crazygif.com/crazygif/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/drunk-boy-fall-into-trench.gif
View Quote
When I was late teens my friends and I would spar in the park at night, or in a driveway, etc. But no glass on the ground, and no stairs. IIRC the driveway was sloped. At we always did this at night. We were black belts in a local dojo, except the chick who sometimes trained with us, she ended up a blue belt IIRC. 1981 was fun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The impact sensor strapped to Justice's foot says it's 1100 ft. lbs. of force. There are other demo's out there showing similar results. Did you not see the big impact sensor strapped to his foot when he did the groin kick??? Did you not see the kick lift him completely off the ground?

When you study classical/traditional martial arts, part of what you learn is anatomy. Any martial arts practitioner should know that a good strike (especially a high powered knife hand strike) to the throat/trachea will result in a collapsed trachea. Collapsed trachea = no bueno, you don't have to be a Dr. to know this stuff, it's part of any good martial arts training to know where to strike to disable your opponent. Also, as I've stated repeatedly, there are other videos out there of these demo's. One of the most recent ones is from Stan Lee and his superhumans show. They do the demo with impact sensors to record the force of each blow. They have a Dr. on standby to perform an emergency tracheotomy if needed. They explain very carefully to the viewer that not only is what they are about to see real but trying it at home will result in death. They even interview the mystified Dr. afterwards and ask him to explain what he just witnessed. Obviously, he can't as western medicine/science doesn't understand what the ancients knew. A solid kick to the groin like that can force your testicles up into your body, where they will swell and have to be surgically removed. No, I'm not a Dr. but you learn this stuff when you go to a real martial arts school, not a sport school geared towards competition.

If the plethora of video demo's doesn't convince you guys you're welcome to seek out these martial artists and try it in person.
View Quote
I do not intend offense with this gif but

Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Strange they don't dominate MMA, or, hell, boxing. Can you imagine a fat old white guy the next boxing heavyweight champion?
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have never heard of Wing Chun, but I am a Master of Chi Ken Wing.. I have wall plaques and a few t-shirts to prove it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have never heard of Wing Chun, but I am a Master of Chi Ken Wing.. I have wall plaques and a few t-shirts to prove it.
View Quote
and wrote a book? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When I was late teens my friends and I would spar in the park at night, or in a driveway, etc. But no glass on the ground, and no stairs. IIRC the driveway was sloped. At we always did this at night. We were black belts in a local dojo, except the chick who sometimes trained with us, she ended up a blue belt IIRC. 1981 was fun.
View Quote
Friend of mine fell {the guy never ever fell before} doing Ollie’s on a half pipe back in 1983 and we laughed out asses off. He wasn’t moving. We stopped laughing and it turned out he broke his shoulder and we had to take him to the hospital. The 80s were fun Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I never wrote a book, but I did give some monkey booze to Isshin Ashina.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Everybody wing Chung tonight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#22]
You train at Trevor’s?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The advent of the UFC has proven that most martial arts aren't very effective.  BJJ/Muay Thai/Wrestling are what you need to be proficient in if you really want to be a badass.
View Quote

MAYBE when fighting 1vs1, MAYBE

Try wrestling when fighting several people (like if you get jumped by thugs in a parking lot) and you'll get your ass killed.

Besides, a street fight vs a trained fighter is highly unlikely.

You want to grapple with some Hep C+ methbilly? Go for it.

So, no, UFC hasn't proven any such thing. AND UFC is highly structured and has all kinds of rules.

The only rule in street fighting is "survive".

Being able to strike effectively and defend against strikes is very, very important.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah if you want to be a badass at fighting in UFC.

UFC has rules. No kicking a man when he is down, No hand, arm or leg breaking/dislocating allowed, no throat or head stomping or junk kicking or eye gouging or throat crushin or biting etc.

It isn't combat, it has rules, lots of them.

If you want to be badass train to do the things I listed.

I'd agree with your last bit to a point. But the UFC was never about the stuff I listed. It is a sport. I mean you train a guy to do the things I listed in the most efficient ways possible, and you pit that guy with a person of equal size that trains constrained by the rules of a contest in which those things could get him disqualified, my guy is gonna win unless he slips on a banana peel.

IMO, truly offensive (predatory) fighting is not even taught. The majority of modern MA is about defense, and countering the defense of the other guy. being a predator is no where in it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't know shit about fighting (I know less than shit about fighting), but I know which of these two I'd really rather not take a punch from.
View Quote
I do too, hopefully Mike doesn’t go for my ears  
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, sure.
Who says it's actually 1100 ft. lb. kick to the groin? Is it because he hit that dummy and it said 1100 ft. lbs? That dummy is not his balls, same with the "600 ft. lb. throat shot".
Obviously you are a doctor or at the very least a medic if you know it would result in death within minutes without an emergency trach tube.
If you are not a doctor, how do you know it would collapse a trachea resulting in death within minutes?

I apologize if I am wrong but I don't think you are a doctor and if that's the case, you are talking out your ass.

It's rather easy to keep a very good wrestler occupied and unable to apply effective holds with the pressure of one finger or thumb, if you know pressure points...

I've never actually met anyone who could deal with it, and I've spared a lot of people.

Even rear necked chokes are easily escaped. Keep your mind clear and calm, don't panic, reach back and find a finger, peel it back.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm a BJJ purple at 56.

I had a background in karate when I was young ('77--'83), got a black belt in that, and crossed trained in a bunch of other stuff, mostly Judo, Aikido, and American Kenpo but some experience in a bunch of other stuff.
View Quote
Time sure flies
HILARIOUS!!! Ed O'Neill's VERY First Class at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's rather easy to keep a very good wrestler occupied and unable to apply effective holds with the pressure of one finger or thumb, if you know pressure points...

I've never actually met anyone who could deal with it, and I've spared a lot of people.

Even rear necked chokes are easily escaped. Keep your mind clear and calm, don't panic, reach back and find a finger, peel it back.
View Quote
2,500 years ago the Romans broke fingers, mostly thumbs Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't know shit about fighting (I know less than shit about fighting), but I know which of these two I'd really rather not take a punch from.
View Quote
Here’s some better entertainment than OP’s video  
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Think of (almost) every "attack" a wrestler can make against you, they involve reaching out with their hands/arms.

Which opens up their underarms to attack.  There are two pressure points right next to each other in your underarm. They are very sensitive, a thumb or finger pressed hard is enough to make someone take notice and get back, an actual strike there? Extremely painful. And like all good pressure points, adding muscle doesn't protect it very well if at all.

Necks are also sensitive but people know to defend their necks, how many people practice to defend their underarm? And they can't really attack effectively when they are.

And as for necks, you don't need to wrap an arm around one, simple finger or thumb pressure is enough to make someone back the fuck off, you don't even have to reach back for a strike.  Several locations on the neck area are VERY sensitive to finger pressure, and muscling up won't help.

If I keep this up, y'all are going to know all my secrets...

inner upper arm is another one (not as effective as the underarm), in the brachial artery area. There is also one on the upper forearm that is fairly sensitive.

Someone grappling you will, by necessity, leave many pressure points undefended.  If you believe ancient texts, some of them will kill a person if struck hard enough a single time (some deaths would likely be due to blood clots developing, IMHO).
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#31]
By the way the reason all these jackasses in China are running around pretending they know Wing Chun is because Yip Man was a Chinese nationalist and the Bruce Lee can’t teach foreigners controversy went back to those days when Chinese saw non Chinese as foreign barbarian threat {that mentality is back in full swing} who you’d never share “secrets” with. I only got exposed to Wing Chun because of my close ties to the Chinese community in the 80s but back in the 60s and 70s classes were all Chinese. The Chinese can be pretty racist Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Criminals Chinese mafia and Hong Kong police studied under him. While in the classroom no outside feuds allowed. Bruce Lee was wealthy enough to afford private lessons when he lived in Hong Kong. Yip Man used the $ for opium and to pay the bills Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The advent of the UFC has proven that most martial arts aren't very effective.  BJJ/Muay Thai/Wrestling are what you need to be proficient in if you really want to be a badass.
View Quote
Depends on the martial art. Some of them aren't flashy or pretty at all, and tend to be more multi-faceted (strikes, grapples, movement, etc.). Of course, a big problem is also the HUGE number of practitioners who ignore the "martial" part, and just use it all as a cute workout.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is most telling about these fights between "traditional martial arts" and any MMA style fighter, aside from the weird stances to begin the fight, they all seem to do the same thing everyone else does after they get hit a few times.
I've never seen the traditional guy maintain a funky stance or throw "traditional style" punches and kicks after he takes a few "real life" shots...  
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
Part of training in a legitimate martial art is getting punched in the mouth and learning how to deal with it on the fly without thinking.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Think of (almost) every "attack" a wrestler can make against you, they involve reaching out with their hands/arms.

Which opens up their underarms to attack.  There are two pressure points right next to each other in your underarm. They are very sensitive, a thumb or finger pressed hard is enough to make someone take notice and get back, an actual strike there? Extremely painful. And like all good pressure points, adding muscle doesn't protect it very well if at all.

Necks are also sensitive but people know to defend their necks, how many people practice to defend their underarm? And they can't really attack effectively when they are.

And as for necks, you don't need to wrap an arm around one, simple finger or thumb pressure is enough to make someone back the fuck off, you don't even have to reach back for a strike.  Several locations on the neck area are VERY sensitive to finger pressure, and muscling up won't help.

If I keep this up, y'all are going to know all my secrets...

inner upper arm is another one (not as effective as the underarm), in the brachial artery area. There is also one on the upper forearm that is fairly sensitive.

Someone grappling you will, by necessity, leave many pressure points undefended.  If you believe ancient texts, some of them will kill a person if struck hard enough a single time (some deaths would likely be due to blood clots developing, IMHO).
View Quote
Rising Sun Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Part of training in a legitimate martial art is getting punched in the mouth and learning how to deal with it on the fly without thinking.
View Quote
Cobra Kai. Johnny Orders Punches To The Face
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why do you assume there's no kickboxers/MMA athletes the same size as a football player?  There are many.

If it lasts more than thirty seconds most of the NFL fatties will be sucking wind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a size, speed and violence differential that would leave most kick boxers piled in a corner pretty fast.

Size really does matter
Why do you assume there's no kickboxers/MMA athletes the same size as a football player?  There are many.

If it lasts more than thirty seconds most of the NFL fatties will be sucking wind.
I was going to mention Bob Sapp, but his record is 24–39–1.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Impossibru
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:13:38 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uFNFnRn9k
Hey, pain happens in the world. Rolling up in a ball and crying don't help nuthin'.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was going to mention Bob Sapp, but his record is 24–39–1.
View Quote
Holy shit Greg Giraldo makes that 40 losses after that Comedy Central Roast
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, no.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 1:40:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd agree with your last bit to a point. But the UFC was never about the stuff I listed. It is a sport. I mean you train a guy to do the things I listed in the most efficient ways possible, and you pit that guy with a person of equal size that trains constrained by the rules of a contest in which those things could get him disqualified, my guy is gonna win unless he slips on a banana peel.
View Quote
No, the guy who trains full contact will win.

Eye gouge full contact and no one wants to train with you.

An MMA fighter can easily adjust and use an eye gouge if needed. But not training in a full contact environment doesn't work.

Now that said, rule can hurt you on some things, like not striking the back of the head or a grounded opponent. You would have to think to do it, it won't automatic.

But the people training the dirty moves are not doing it full contact.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:07:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
LOL, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, no.
You've obviously never went against someone who

1. knows pressure points and

2. has the clarity of thought to use that knowledge in a match.

I once wrested someone (who was quite good by all accounts) for ~20 minutes straight (and blew a perfectly good buzz) using primarily my finger tips, just to see if I could do it.

I'm not saying it's the "end all be all of fighting", but numerous wresting holds/maneuvers are easily defeated/countered with a finger or two pressed in the correct spot. When combined with the correct movement on your own part (to make use of the induced "leverage") they won't be able to get a good hold on you.

Simply pressing on a PP is not an offensive move in itself, but it either allows you to escape or allows you to create opening for your own offensive maneuver. And striking PPs is a very valid offensive tactic.

If someone piles on top of you, you don't have to be strong enough to lift them up, they will lift themselves up off of you when you stick your finger into the little notch at the base of their throat.  (in and down) or in and up under the side of their jaw line.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
see that hand? Hand control is everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isB_qDxWf4o
View Quote
Woodley was a 2x all American wrestler at Missouri.  That's where his takedown defense comes from, not some ancient bullshit Chinese discipline.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Woodley was a 2x all American wrestler at Missouri.  That's where his takedown defense comes from, not some ancient bullshit Chinese discipline.
View Quote
$10,000 USD to your PayPal if you can cite where I ever stated Woodley’s take down defense came from ancient Chinese bullshit discipline. What will you put up if you can’t cite it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amazingly they never enter formal competitions, lol. What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:20:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

$10,000 USD to your PayPal if you can cite where I ever stated Woodley’s take down defense came from ancient Chinese bullshit discipline. What will you put up if you can’t cite it?
View Quote
My mistake. I thought this was another shit on wrestling/bjj thread because they are useless on the street against multiple opponents.  As if anyone in real life wins 3 on 1 confrontations anyhow.  We have one guy espousing some bullshit internal energy that defies human physiology, and one poster who is so fucking good with pressure points he can dominate experienced wrestlers with his fingertips while drunk. Somehow none of these techniques make it into formal competition.  The entire thread has turned into a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yet all those you listed are martial arts
UFC = MMA = Mixed Martial Arts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet all those you listed are martial arts
UFC = MMA = Mixed Martial Arts
Yet many martial arts you will never find in mainstream MMA...

The gym I trained at was Muay Thai, BJJ, and boxing.

That's pretty standard, you can replace Muay Thai with kickboxing and BJJ with something else + wrestling but there are many martial arts you will never find a serious MMA competitor train in.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top