BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not to be snotty but for a while I was so busy with work I had zero time for anything that was not related to making money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snowleopard got banned? I have mixed feelings about that, she was possibly the weirdest person on here but also one of the smartest too.

How did you miss that one, it was one of the most epic BS bannings in recent history.

Not to be snotty but for a while I was so busy with work I had zero time for anything that was not related to making money.

same.  when life gets busy, i tend to scan the first page of GD for anything newsworthy, and (thankfully) miss out on all of the drama.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snowleopard got banned? I have mixed feelings about that, she was possibly the weirdest person on here but also one of the smartest too.

What part of my post elicited the annoyed face emoticon? yes....I do want to know.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

same.  when life gets busy, i tend to scan the first page of GD for anything newsworthy, and (thankfully) miss out on all of the drama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did you miss that one, it was one of the most epic BS bannings in recent history.

Yep-thats me, for the most part anyway, sometimes my fingers will get away from my brain and I will post something I regret though.
This has been a very busy year for me.
Snowleopard was a true genius and like so many of them she was crazy, at least IMO.
Bigeasysnow seemed like good people to me though we never interacted much.
I miss TanTSX too....a fellow CT resident.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yep-thats me, for the most part anyway, sometimes my fingers will get away from my brain and I will post something I regret though.

Snowleopard was a true genius and like so many of them she was crazy, at least IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm...never saw anything from snowleopard that i thought of as genius--she just struck me as an odd bird.  but we didn't cross paths much, so i'll take your word for it.

BES was just one of those people who attracted drama, even though she didn't invite it.  i suspect most of it came from the pointy elbows brigade, who wanted to prove that they would indeed talk shit to a pretty girl.  it's a shame--she had a lot to say, but it kinda got lost behind the 'pretty girl' label that got stapled to her around here.  that must have been tiresome for her.  her perspective is missed.

dan...i don't know about dan.  he could be loud and obnoxious, but you need that kind of energy at any party.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Tatjana

EricTheHun

SGTAR15

GarandShooter
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

EricTheHun

View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
OldGuy?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There are probably only about 3, perhaps 4 posters currently in this thread who would even know who they are!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lordtrader
MissMagnum

Haven't seen either of them in awhile.

There are probably only about 3, perhaps 4 posters currently in this thread who would even know who they are!  

I remember them, alot of good people have come and gone
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lordtrader

MissMagnum

LT is a facebook friend--i'll let him know that he was mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
GR8TWYT i know he is still on , just not as much

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]
87GN
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi y'all

Quoted:

I'd be one hard sneeze away from a stroke if I was being confused with Snowleopard. You could run a pressure washer off my BP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She is doing just fine, too, and regularly says to tell you hello, Jane.  

Some folks have odd reactions to pretty girls, especially smart ones with a brash internet persona.  Eventually, it's a waste of time to deal with it. I guess it's been long enough that people don't remember her enough not to confuse her with Snowleopard, which is kind of funny.

I'd be one hard sneeze away from a stroke if I was being confused with Snowleopard. You could run a pressure washer off my BP.

It's funny, but I'm not at all offended. Thinking back, I wonder I was so hard on her because she reminded me of my own oddities and social shortcomings. She may have been annoying at times, and she may not have had the best grip on reality, but she never fought back or got ugly. She (or he) took the abuse with a lot more class than I would have.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hi y'all

It's funny, but I'm not at all offended. Thinking back, I wonder I was so hard on her because she reminded me of my own oddities and social shortcomings. She may have been annoying at times, and she may not have had the best grip on reality, but she never fought back or got ugly. She (or he) took the abuse with a lot more class than I would have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hi y'all

Quoted:
Quoted:

Some folks have odd reactions to pretty girls, especially smart ones with a brash internet persona.  Eventually, it's a waste of time to deal with it. I guess it's been long enough that people don't remember her enough not to confuse her with Snowleopard, which is kind of funny.

Howdy, and how are your shooting skills coming along?

The last thing I remember you really posting about was Rictus ( I think ) teaching you some of his long distance shooting skills. Then "Poof", you up a pissadeered.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The tech forums have become repetitive and bland, with SMEs more scarce than I remember and some pretending going on, too, and GD feels like the centerpiece of the site.  Despite there being a good number of folks who enjoy good humor and intelligent conversation in GD, the experience is soiled by a significant number of posters steeped in immaturity, gorging themselves on manufactured drama and thinking that everything is their business.  So, no, I don't post much.  I hang out on the side here with some friends and a few professional contacts, and that's about it.  

View Quote

Like Jane said, the behind the back shit talk is what did it for me, but I did visit again. On those visits I found arfcom had changed. I used to feel like I fit in here with paranoid gun nuts, but it seems like there's been a trend towards normalcy in the arfcom populace. These folks don't shower with a gun under a towel next to the tub, they don't give fake names for baristas to mark on their cups because of persec. And they want everything to be light and positive. I miss the negative Nancies with a plan to kill everyone in the room.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The last thing I remember you really posting about was Rictus ( I think ) teaching you some of his long distance shooting skills. Then "Poof", you up a pissadeered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi y'all

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Pavlov

I'm pretty sure my skills have gone to shit. My regular range is still closed, I've only taken in one pistol class since training with Rictus, and school bills are just destroying my gun class fund. Rictus has his work cut out for him next time I see him.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hi y'all.
View Quote

Snowie!
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#17]
How's about 0ldGuy?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Like Jane said, the behind the back shit talk is what did it for me, but I did visit again. On those visits I found arfcom had changed. I used to feel like I fit in here with paranoid gun nuts, but it seems like there's been a trend towards normalcy in the arfcom populace. These folks don't shower with a gun under a towel next to the tub, they don't give fake names for baristas to mark on their cups because of persec. And they want everything to be light and positive. I miss the negative Nancies with a plan to kill everyone in the room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The tech forums have become repetitive and bland, with SMEs more scarce than I remember and some pretending going on, too, and GD feels like the centerpiece of the site.  Despite there being a good number of folks who enjoy good humor and intelligent conversation in GD, the experience is soiled by a significant number of posters steeped in immaturity, gorging themselves on manufactured drama and thinking that everything is their business.  So, no, I don't post much.  I hang out on the side here with some friends and a few professional contacts, and that's about it.  

They're still around, the signal to noise ratio has just changed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Snowie!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi y'all.

Snowie!

Jane!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss Evil and especially his gun, Wilson. Wilson reminded me of my mom.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lordtrader
MissMagnum

I have fond memories of Gecko45 and I watching MissMagnum and Wave try to drunk-wrestle each other at the first BRC.  McUzi was there also and everyone had a great time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lordtrader
MissMagnum

Did someone say my name???

Wow!! Guess I've been a member here a while, although have not been really active as of late. 2000 on this board and since 1999 on the old board. Funny how time flies.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure my skills have gone to shit. My regular range is still closed, I've only taken in one pistol class since training with Rictus, and school bills are just destroying my gun class fund. Rictus has his work cut out for him next time I see him.
View Quote

We failed to capitalize on the balmy weather since I had to work through visits, so it's going to be very cold out if you want to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lordtrader

MissMagnum

HA!  knew you couldn't resist.

don't be a stranger.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hi Pavlov

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi y'all

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Pavlov

FWIW, I don't own a shower proof handgun anymore, nothing polymer. I still take the 1911 in there though, but since I love a hot bath more than a shower, there's so much steam that I'm sure it'll rust up if I don't immediately lube it up. My bushing is too tight to get off by hand, so I don't bother with it after a bath anymore like I did on my other guns. By the time I wrap it up, it's too hard to get to to use it.

Maybe you'll feel normal if I tell you I sort of booby trap the house so I'll hear anyone breaking in. lol

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Hi y'all
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hi y'all

Quoted:

Quoted:

Howdy stranger!

+1 on Snowlepoard she was odd but never rude that I recall. She got bullied of the arfcom island for being different imo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

HA!  knew you couldn't resist.

don't be a stranger.
View Quote

I remembered my password afterall hahah
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Wow!! Guess I've been a member here a while, although have not been really active as of late. 2000 on this board and since 1999 on the old board. Funny how time flies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lordtrader
MissMagnum

Betelgeuse, or Beetlejuice , howdy. lol been a while.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We failed to capitalize on the balmy weather since I had to work through visits, so it's going to be very cold out if you want to shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hadn't thought of that. Maybe if we keep it short and I get to warm up my hands often?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Howdy stranger!

+1 on Snowlepoard she was odd but never rude that I recall. She got bullied of the arfcom island for being different imo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi y'all

Quoted:
Quoted:

Howdy stranger!

My opinion as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#31]
What about that dude from Montana, had a blue haired anime avatar. MNE or something...
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I hadn't thought of that. Maybe if we keep it short and I get to warm up my hands often?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll leave the truck running for you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

FWIW, I don't own a shower proof handgun anymore, nothing polymer. I still take the 1911 in there though, but since I love a hot bath more than a shower, there's so much steam that I'm sure it'll rust up if I don't immediately lube it up. My bushing is too tight to get off by hand, so I don't bother with it after a bath anymore like I did on my other guns. By the time I wrap it up, it's too hard to get to to use it.

Maybe you'll feel normal if I tell you I sort of booby trap the house so I'll hear anyone breaking in. lol

View Quote

Lol! You need more guns.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay!  I can't promise not to stick my icicle hands under your shirt tho!

eta: strictly for staving frostbite, of course. No funny business, I promise. Honest.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hi y'all

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hi y'all

Quoted:
Quoted:

Howdy young lady!

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

eta: strictly for staving frostbite, of course. No funny business, I promise. Honest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, yeah.  You're so reliable in that regard.

You saw I shaved my head today.  Just don't put your hands there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Um, yeah.  You're so reliable in that regard.

You saw I shaved my head today.  Just don't put your hands there.
View Quote

Just saw you posted a pic of last time in the flying brass thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

hmmm...never saw anything from snowleopard that i thought of as genius--she just struck me as an odd bird.  but we didn't cross paths much, so i'll take your word for it.

BES was just one of those people who attracted drama, even though she didn't invite it.  i suspect most of it came from the pointy elbows brigade, who wanted to prove that they would indeed talk shit to a pretty girl.  it's a shame--she had a lot to say, but it kinda got lost behind the 'pretty girl' label that got stapled to her around here.  that must have been tiresome for her.  her perspective is missed.

dan...i don't know about dan.  he could be loud and obnoxious, but you need that kind of energy at any party.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You make a good point about BES. It apparently only takes an evening for such to come to fruition.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I thought TheBubbaManCan died.
View Quote

Oh, no.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Banned - nearly 3 years now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
87GN

Banned - nearly 3 years now.

I follow the blog and YouTube channel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I think she had something to contribute, I'm not sure I agree with that highlighted part.  Didn't she have some sort of club devoted to leg humpers who were lining up to be her minions?

Again, not saying that she didn't have something to offer the site, but IMO she had a hand in inviting some of the drama.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, welcome back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

What about that dude from Montana, had a blue haired anime avatar. MNE or something...
View Quote
Airwolf

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hey, welcome back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hey, welcome back.

Thank you

Quoted:
Quoted:

While I think she had something to contribute, I'm not sure I agree with that highlighted part.  Didn't she have some sort of club devoted to leg humpers who were lining up to be her minions?

Again, not saying that she didn't have something to offer the site, but IMO she had a hand in inviting some of the drama.

The minions never caused the drama. z
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

There were three ways to handle the minion situation:

1. Ignore it and go on with life.
2. Participate on some level.
3. Get angry about it and lash out.

If anyone lashed out, it wasn't for anything you did.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of like the "Ricti situation". Hating for the sheer joy of hating. In a kinda obsessive, creepy way.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Kind of like the "Ricti situation". Hating for the sheer joy of hating. In a kinda obsessive, creepy way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#49]
What happened to theliberatingone?

I thought his threads and pictures were great.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Does uxb still post? I love me some uxb.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top