User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's wait until details emerge before jumping to conclusions people.

Um, this is ARFcom... We don't do that.

Whenever someone somewhere takes a dump half of Arfcom goes on DEFCON 1.

I've been at DEFCON-1 since 1986.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tough, but somebody has to do it...

Hell, were faster than most news agencies, certainly faster than anyone Obama might send in, like say the FBI.  

It's a good thing that AR15.com isn't armed with Nuclear Weapons... We would launch preemptive strikes every other day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
nothing out there yet that i can find
prayers for the good guys
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
"Breaking News" on CNN:  "Sandra Bullock has won the Oscar for best actress in ‘The Blind Side’ at the 82nd annual Academy Awards."

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be the first to say that there is nothing to this.  If it was a shooter, there would be some report by now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope it is a false alarm, but if it is not, prayers sent.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Breaking News" on CNN:  "Sandra Bullock has won the Oscar for best actress in ‘The Blind Side’ at the 82nd annual Academy Awards."

Yeah, that's all America cares about anymore, apparently.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll be the first to say that there is nothing to this.  If it was a shooter, there would be some report by now.

Possibly, but there are a few random twitter posts floating around.  I truly hope you are right, however.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It is probably an exercise.  We had one two weeks ago.  If she is a student in a training squadron then they won't tell them it is an exercise.  They are just training us to duck and cover and not do anything heroic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
From CNN story on Adam Gadahn:

"Reports of the arrest came hours after Islamist Web sites posted video of Gadahn praising the November massacre at Fort Hood, Texas. On the video, Gadahn said the U.S. Army major charged with gunning down 13 people "lit a path" for other Muslim service members to follow."

Makes you wonder...

Nothing on CNN yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Hope everyone but the shooter is ok...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Breaking News on Fox, Hurtlocker wins academy award for Best Picture.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possibly, but there are a few random twitter posts floating around.  I truly hope you are right, however.

It's been an hour since the OP's post. If there was an active shooter on the base, the news would be all over it by now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#14]
My nephew was there a few weeks ago...Pretty sure he's in Japan by now
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
When I was an SP, we used to have "Flight Exercises" all the time.   Maybe this is one of them.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The very first CNN breaking news headline as the Russians invade: "Several celebrities, including Matt Damon, have been killed by Russian soldiers in California".
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been an hour since the OP's post. If there was an active shooter on the base, the news would be all over it by now.

I hope you are right.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The very first CNN breaking news headline as the Russians invade: "Several celebrities, including Matt Damon, have been killed by Russian soldiers in California".

Looks the same on Fox

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#21]
From Twitter:

Police have apparently left Sheppard AFB. FPCON Delta continues. 2 rumored casualties. More details tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#22]
ETA:  http://www.newschannel6now.com/Global/story.asp?S=12100299

Sheppard AFB On Lock Down

Posted: Mar 07, 2010 9:07 PM PST
Updated: Mar 07, 2010 9:18 PM PST
Sheppard AFB Police have confirmed to Newschannel 6 that Sheppard Air Force Base is under lock down, and all entrances and exits have been sealed until further notice.

This comes as viewers have been calling Newschannel 6 reporting a shooting in and around dormitories on the base.

These reports, however, have NOT been confirmed by any police department or Air Force authority.

The officer, who wished to retain anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the subject, also did not confirm viewer reports.

Newschannel 6 will continue to monitor this story as it unfolds.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tough, but somebody has to do it...

Hell, were faster than most news agencies, certainly faster than anyone Obama might send in, like say the FBI.  

It's a good thing that AR15.com isn't armed with Nuclear Weapons... We would launch preemptive strikes every other day.

no doubt
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Free republic has a thread going on it as well..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2466235/posts
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#26]
was breaking news on local abc channel 7 news kswo a few minutes ago.  entire base on lockdown...nobody in, nobody out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#27]
And just found this..

BREAKING NEWS
Updated: Mar 07, 2010 9:18 PM PST

Sheppard AFB Police have confirmed to Newschannel 6 that Sheppard Air Force Base is under lock down, and all entrances and exits have been sealed until further notice.

http://www.newschannel6now.com/
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Nothing on Fox yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Posted: Mar 07, 2010 11:07 PM CST
Updated: Mar 07, 2010 11:41 PM CST

George Woodward, Sheppard's Public Information Officer, tells Newschannel 6 that police apprehended a man carrying a shotgun on base.

There were no shots fired or hostages taken, he said.

All airmen have been accounted for as Sheppard continues to operate under lock down until further notice.

Newschannel 6 will continue to monitor the situation.  Stay tuned for updates throughout the night and tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#30]
My brother used to live in Wichita Falls and visited the base occasionally for his work.

Tag for updates.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

George Woodward, Sheppard's Public Information Officer, tells Newschannel 6 that police apprehended a man carrying a shotgun on base.

All airmen have been accounted for as Sheppard continues to operate under lock down until further notice.

Newschannel 6 will continue to monitor the situation.  Stay tuned for updates throughout the night and tomorrow morning.

And freerepublic is talking about 2 confirmed dead, hostage situation etc.... this is one of the reasons I don't take too much stock in internet talk until we get some conformation from an official source...I'm glad everyone is ok.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And freerepublic is talking about 2 confirmed dead, hostage situation etc.... this is one of the reasons I don't take too much stock in internet talk until we get some conformation from an official source...I'm glad everyone is ok.

Yeah, tagging this.   What's the sitrep?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm surprised that the base commander hasn't released a statment that the shooter/hostage taker is not a Islamic terrorist yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#35]

If they would take him out, and hang him then let all the troops march by and look on parade friday, or however they do it now, would put an end to a lot of this crap.
If there was an actual shooter/hostage taker.

If it's just a couple kids out of basic runnin around in masks or what not, thats all in good fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#36]
friend just texted my GF and said "theres someone in the building with a gun"...

I wonder if its a muslim responding to al qeada's orders??
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#37]
shit... tag, 10 bucks its a fuckin' jihadi, fucking hajji motherfuckers... GD...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#38]

hmm...tag

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#39]
any updates?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Sheppard

Posted: Mar 07, 2010 10:07 PM Updated: Mar 07, 2010 10:42 PM

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:06:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I hope the SPs get things under control.

It was Friday that Nellis AFB was locked down due to a bomb threat.

Front gate only.  My son arrived shortly after that and they had to use one of the other gates.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
shit... tag, 10 bucks its a fuckin' jihadi, fucking hajji motherfuckers... GD...

20 bucks it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#44]
http://www.krld.com/Armed-Man-Arrested––Sheppard-Air-Force-Base-in-Wic/6520371

Posted: Monday, 08 March 2010 5:08AM

Armed Man Arrested, Sheppard Air Force Lock Down Now Lifted

The lock-down has now been lifted at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls where investigators are questioning an armed man captured a little after 9 p.m. Sunday evening.  Sheppard Public Affairs Officer George Woodward tells 1080 KRLD that an airman was seen carrying a shotgun near one of the base dormitories.  Air Force Security Forces confronted the airman, disarmed him and took him into custody around 9:20 p.m.  Woodward corrects early Internet reports, saying there were, in fact, no shots fired.  The airman remains locked up and will be questioned further this morning.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:21:57 AM EDT
[#45]
TAG.

There is a skeet and trap range just to the NW of Sheppard; hopefully this person was just being foolish and returned from having a fun day of clays and did not have any other intentions.

I was in WF in 2008 when they locked down for whatever reason (training I guess) and those Air Force police got real mean real quick for obvious reasons.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Airman with shotgun disarmed at Sheppard AFB

The Associated Press
Posted : Monday Mar 8, 2010 8:33:11 EST

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/03/ap_gunman_sheppard_030810/

WICHITA FALLS, Texas — A shotgun-toting airman in training at Sheppard Air Force Base is in custody after being confronted outside a dormitory.

Spokesman George Woodward says no shots were fired, nobody was hurt and the base "wouldn't issue a weapon to an airman in training."

Woodward says the base at Wichita Falls had to be shut down Sunday night during the incident but reopened Monday.

Woodward told the Associated Press that security forces received a call about a man with a weapon outside Building 776, housing male and female personnel.

Woodward says security confronted the airman and he dropped the shotgun.

Woodward says there was no immediate indication that the airman was targeting anyone. The spokesman could not confirm if the airman lives at the dorm.

Wichita Falls is about 130 miles northeast of Dallas.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Jihad....
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Nothing through official channels this morning.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Airman with shotgun disarmed at Sheppard AFB

The Associated Press
Posted : Monday Mar 8, 2010 8:33:11 EST

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/03/ap_gunman_sheppard_030810/

WICHITA FALLS, Texas — A shotgun-toting airman in training at Sheppard Air Force Base is in custody after being confronted outside a dormitory.

Spokesman George Woodward says no shots were fired, nobody was hurt and the base "wouldn't issue a weapon to an airman in training."

Woodward says the base at Wichita Falls had to be shut down Sunday night during the incident but reopened Monday.

Woodward told the Associated Press that security forces received a call about a man with a weapon outside Building 776, housing male and female personnel.

Woodward says security confronted the airman and he dropped the shotgun.

Woodward says there was no immediate indication that the airman was targeting anyone. The spokesman could not confirm if the airman lives at the dorm.

Wichita Falls is about 130 miles northeast of Dallas.

Um, I can remember multiple times they issued us M16A2's for training/exercises.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Sounds odd.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top