Lumia 928
Lumia 925
iPhone 5
Nexus 5
Lumia 930
Lumia 630 (it was free)
iPhone 6
Lumia 640

I think that's it, in roughly chronological order. I was big into Android in the beginning and then I got sick of all the little bugs and constantly fooling with the phones. I really loved WP8 and 8.1 but it became clear Microsoft had no direction at all and the phones were gaining no traction. I tried the W10M preview for months and it fucking sucks, it's like they've thrown away the few positive differentiators and basically made an even buggier OS than the early Android stuff and they have very few apps. My current phone is the iPhone6 and I'm overall very pleased with it, I'm curious to see what the iPhone7 will be like.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
First smart phone was an iphone. Since then I've had every version of the iphone that has came out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Since 2010, I've had nothing but Android Phones.  Removable batteries and memory cards have been a must for me, but now that it's becoming harder to find these features on Android phones...I could technically give Apple a try.

2010 - HTC EVO 4G - Sprint
2012 - HTC EVO 3D - Virgin Mobile version (can't recall the name)
2013 - Samsung S3 - Virgin Mobile
2014 - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Verizon
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Blackberry Storm, Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and am currently on an S4.  I'll be getting an S6 soon.

I like the Samsung Galaxy family of phones and will stick to them.  They do everything I need them to do and have held up well for me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My son has a 6s+, and it's a very nice phone.  I didn't think I would want a BIG phone, but last week I switched from an old Iphone 5 to a Samsung Note 5, and wow.  It really makes a huge difference, and the phone doesn't really feel that much bigger.  With the smaller phones, I'd use the web browsing only if I absolutely had to, it was such a pain in the ass.  Not so with the larger screen.  It makes the device much more usable.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll upgrade to the 6S sometime in the near future, but honestly my 5S has been so good to me that I haven't felt the burning desire to go out and upgrade just because something slightly newer is available.

The slightly larger size is totally worth it for web browsing, videos, et al.

I went even farther and got the 6+, but they're admittedly not for everyone.

My son has a 6s+, and it's a very nice phone.  I didn't think I would want a BIG phone, but last week I switched from an old Iphone 5 to a Samsung Note 5, and wow.  It really makes a huge difference, and the phone doesn't really feel that much bigger.  With the smaller phones, I'd use the web browsing only if I absolutely had to, it was such a pain in the ass.  Not so with the larger screen.  It makes the device much more usable.  

Yeah, I was a little apprehensive about using a "phablet", but now that I have it, I can't go back to the smaller screens.

When I'm out with my wife/kids, they all use my phone to look at the internet instead of the 6s and 5s, lol.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was a little apprehensive about using a "phablet", but now that I have it, I can't go back to the smaller screens.

When I'm out with my wife/kids, they all use my phone to look at the internet instead of the 6s and 5s, lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll upgrade to the 6S sometime in the near future, but honestly my 5S has been so good to me that I haven't felt the burning desire to go out and upgrade just because something slightly newer is available.

The slightly larger size is totally worth it for web browsing, videos, et al.

I went even farther and got the 6+, but they're admittedly not for everyone.

My wife and daughters have Iphone 6, and to be honest the samsung note 5 isn't substantially larger, though it has a much larger screen.  In fact, it's smaller than my son's Iphone 6s+, but its screen is just a hair larger.  

I'm really enjoying the functionality.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Biggest POS was my HTC Windows mobile phone running 5.0. Huge pile of shit
POS but had moments of good was the Palm Treo line
Just POS was a Palm Pre
Not bad was a Samsum S3
Decent to good is my current work phone a HTC One M8

Best is/was were my iPhones. None of them have had any issues and worked well beyond my use of them.
View Quote

Have you had a problem with the speaker phone on your phone? The one you can use hands free? Noone can understand me when I use it but the weird thing is other stuff like voice to text and voice memos work fine. So its not hardware.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I find it interesting that most of our smartphone users here seem to have made the switch somewhat recently.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Droid Eris.
Droid 3.
iPhone 5
iPhone 6.

Liked the Droids at first but they got slower and crappier at each upgrade.  The iPhones are awesome.  I quit giving a shit about widgets and expandable memory when I had to do battery pulls multiple times a day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I find it interesting that most of our smartphone users here seem to have made the switch somewhat recently.
View Quote

I've had "smart phones" since the time before time, and I used Palm devices before that.  My first real smart phones where blackberries for work.  I used those until about 2011, when security allowed us to switch.  The first Iphone I had, was the first Iphone bought for personal use back in 2007.   I still have unlimited data on AT&T from this purchase.  So I ran two smart phones for many years.  

I've owned and used every iteration of the Iphone. Until last week, when I bought a Samsung Note 5.   But my wife, 3 daughters, and son still use Iphones.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
All I've had is Motorola Droids of one flavor or another.  None have given me any problems.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Treo 600
Treo 650
iPhones

The 650 was rooted and I remember people looking at me like I was from the future when I was watching movies on it I miss the heck out of that phone
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Lumia 640XL My first 'smart' phone.

I love it, have office 365 on the go with me, does everything I need it to

I don't play with apps and stuff so the market size doesn't bother me
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4S

Galaxy S4
Galaxy S4 (rooted, currently CM12.1)

Price and curiosity led me outside Apples walled garden.  I won't be going back

Due to locked bootloader and dropping features I care about... Probably won't be Samsung again. But will something with significant custom ROM support. (And removable battery / SD card)
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Smartphones have you owned and your opinions of them

Thread title = Freudian slip . Never owned one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I've really had a lot, more than worth listing.

I can say though that my Blackberry Curve 8310 is the one that stands out most in my mind as a communication tool; phone, text, email.

My iphone 6 Plus is half phone/half distraction, as the previous iphones have been quite frankly.

I just ebay'd a Blackberry 9700.  I'll play with it a while, see how things work out; maybe do a BB Classic (Q20) in a couple of months.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top