Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:00:13 AM EDT
I got an email from them today that subscription will soon expire.   I don't any subscription there.   Now they are charging for access to the site.   $12.95 a month or its $10.83 a month for an annual subscription.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck em
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got that also.  I knew they were tanking the site but didn't know it was that extreme.  

Good thing we now have a precision rifle forum
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I got that email, too.  I couldn't get the link to open, but figured it was something announcing a fee.  Fuck Frank and the horse he rode in on.
I bet sell out Frank voted for Malloy, too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think that's only for access to some training videos or something, not just to post  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got an email from them today that subscription will soon expire.   I don't any subscription there.   Now they are charging for access to the site.   $12.95 a month or its $10.83 a month for an annual subscription.
I think that's only for access to some training videos or something, not just to post  
That could be, I don't spend enough time there to buy a subscription though.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you should try this

http://www.ar15.com/forums/b/16_Precision_Rifles.html
Yeah, that works for me

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got the same thing.

This will not end well for them I predict.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Arf has a precision rifles section now, no need for the hide.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't even bother to open the email. If it's for any forum access, fuck them.

I never spent enough time over there to feel like I should give them money. Spend 95% of my time here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  

Oh, and I can't find components to reload with and shoot anymore anyway.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#14]
It appears to be for premium access. No need to pay otherwise.

When you signed up on the new site, you got premium access free initially.

At least that is what they are saying over there.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got that email, too.  I couldn't get the link to open, but figured it was something announcing a fee.  Fuck Frank and the horse he rode in on.
View Quote

You don't like capitalism bro?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I never spent enough time over there to feel like I should give them money. Spend 95% of my time here.
View Quote

Exactly this
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Exactly this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

precisely that, screw 'em...
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't even bother to open the email. If it's for any forum access, fuck them.

View Quote

Yup. Deleted it unread as soon as it came in, despite unsubscribing from their list when the change was announced.

Fuck 'em...
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, I got that too. Instantly spamblocked.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Snipershide has had a paid portion for years- online training and such.  When they migrated, they gave everyone access to the formerly paid portion for a little while.  That little while is running out.

So no, they're not making you pay for anything extra.  You're just losing the temporary access you had to the paid portion.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Snipershide has had a paid portion for years- online training and such.  When they migrated, they gave everyone access to the formerly paid portion for a little while.  That little while is running out.

So no, they're not making you pay for anything extra.  You're just losing the temporary access you had to the paid portion.
View Quote

I didn't ask for that.

I also didn't ask to get their spam email in my inbox asking for more money.

Don't sign me up for things without my knowledge.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I didn't ask for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't ask for that.

I have no dog in this fight, but we're there any terms you had to accept when you signed into the new site?  Probably had something regarding email communications.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Precision rifle section has always been around.  It wasn't located in GD so no one knew where it was.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Precision rifle section has always been around.  It wasn't located in GD so no one knew where it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is its' own forum now, with extra sub forums.

Look at the top of the page, between "handgun" and "armory".
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Site sucks now.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Site sucks now.
View Quote

Word..took me forever to get signed backup since every user am I tried was taken to include my old one.  All the old content is gone.  Real shame too old site had tons of good information.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I didn't ask for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't ask for that.

Easy- don't go back.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Got one too, chuckled, deleted.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
SH sucks. If it weren't for the local members thread and the forum where match announcements are made I wouldn't ever visit the site.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think maybe everyone got a free one month pass to the paid membership
View Quote

We all have access to the premium content through November, IIRC.

Reading comprehension is 'fun-da-mental.'

Chris

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Frank hates you and doesn't want you selling precision rifles and scopes in his for sale subforum.

He's actually told quite a few members to fuck off in recent posts
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Frank hates you and doesn't want you selling precision rifles and scopes in his for sale subforum.

View Quote

Not being an apologist for Frank, but I think that having followed that first thread over in the BP on SH, he was getting pissed at all of the bitchers and whiners who really didn't contribute much to the site in the way of helping/teaching others, but only used the '4-sale site' to peddle their wares for free.

Anyhow, I'm registered and posting over at the new site, so I don't have a problem.  Things are different, format wise, but it'll spool back up in a bit.

Chris

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Not being an apologist for Frank, but I think that having followed that first thread over in the BP on SH, he was getting pissed at all of the bitchers and whiners who really didn't contribute much to the site in the way of helping/teaching others, but only used the '4-sale site' to peddle their wares for free.

Anyhow, I'm registered and posting over at the new site, so I don't have a problem.  Things are different, format wise, but it'll spool back up in a bit.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Almost all of your posts on here sound apologist towards SH/Frank.

What would you expect when selling a precision rifle...go to a precision rifle forum and list it there? Naw man.....you'd never find anyone interested [/sarcasm]

Every time I see a post about "But Frank is good people", I look up and see your screen name

Ed Avila lets people list their stuff for free, you don't see him on here telling people to fuck off.

Frank made himself, the scout network, and SH looks bad.

Just as if I went into a store and the manager told me to fuck off for no reason....he wouldn't get my money, and neither will SH

There is some good information on SH, none of it was ever in the paid section in my opinion. Franks attitude towards his 'sheep' looks like bad business.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah fuck capitalism
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I can no longer log in , maybe I should pay $10 for the privilege of a shitty format and to not log in.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yeah fuck capitolism
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah fuck capitolism
What you're seeing is, in fact capitalism; the market determining the rate of subscription to a service based upon it's perceived utility and cost.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I got the same email. I don't remember EVER doing anything on that site

Trashed it already!
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got that too. LOL. Talk about not being up on things.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got the same email. I don't remember EVER doing anything on that site

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I am disappointed  in the new format with none of the old content. There is still a wealth of knowledge there amd some great guys. I can only hope that they figure out a way to get some of the old threads moved over. Frank has a buisness to run and he seems to have turned it in a direction that most do not like.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Got bought out by football forum retards
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

SH was out of CT?

Do I know this guy and not even realize it?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
SH was out of CT?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SH was out of CT?

this other guy named DanTSX was from CT too

weird

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... Does anybody really believe that it just happened to be a coincidence that arfcom made the the Precision Rifles section (or at least made it more prominent) when the news of the SH sell-out became public???

I know, "No Board Wars" or what not... But fuck what SH has wound up as!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#45]
holy fuck... Accidentally hit the full auto switch!

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
BRAAAAAAAPPPP
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yeah... Does anybody really believe that it just happened to be a coincidence that arfcom made the the Precision Rifles section (or at least made it more prominent) when the news of the SH sell-out became public???

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think your triple tap is a coincidence either

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah I'm quite sad he's going down that road. I've been a long time member of the hide ( I think I joined in '07 or around there). If he were hurting for money I'd understand, but from I've heard he's actually doing very well for himself. I'm a capitalist as well and if it's his choice to do that then so be it. But there is what is called Opportunity Cost and from my standpoint I don't find it worth my money and time to invest in the site.

Despite being a long time member of the hide, I'm going to go out on a limb here and comment that the atmosphere and the attitudes of a lot of the people on the hide did NOT lend themselves well at all to encouraging people to contribute. I mean the counter-sniper and barska crowd could definitely fuck off just fine and not come back. In fact I hope they don't come here. However when it came to new members and new people to precision shooting, it had somewhat of a curt and not-so-friendly mob mentality that wasn't exactly a prime candidate for the "Public Relations of the Year" award. heck some of those people were even prone to jumping in the faces of veteran members which is one of the things that encouraged me not to contribute a lot. I still remember a while back when I had my old bolt action rifle and I was considering getting the CTK monopod, I had a couple of them crawl straight up my ass and pretty much DEMAND that I purchase the accu-shot instead as if it were mandatory. I think because the accu-shot manufacturers were site investors and I don't think CTK was. I'm not exactly sure. Anyways those members weren't exactly friendly about it. I mean I can understand trying to support the site but goddamn. The same thing can be said for the Frank Galli versus Mark Larue ordeal that arose a year or so ago. Funny to watch but at the same time "Public Relations of the Year" Award and all that good stuff.

All of that drama encouraged me to really only contribute to the site when I really needed some information or wanted to sell something. Other than that I tried to stay as much a lurker as possible. I think it's going to be rather interesting to see how that works out with them wanting membership payments now on top of scout.com trying to use the forum to boost its income. The anti-social mob mentality on the hide is not going to contribute well to that in my opinion. I can't fathom paying monthly to go on a web forum only to have some "veteran contributor" talk down to me like I'm some kind of inferior life form.

ETA: I'm wondering if this isn't going to pan out like Steve Jobs and Apple, when Apple turned around and fired their creator because of his attitude and the way he handled things.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#49]
When you move over or sign up on the new site you receive 7 days of 'premium content' for free. This includes all of the SH training videos, a few private forums and I'm not sure what else.

Up to you if its worth it.

Otherwise, everything is free as usual.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When you move over or sign up on the new site you receive 7 days of 'premium content' for free. This includes all of the SH training videos, a few private forums and I'm not sure what else.

Up to you if its worth it.

Otherwise, everything is free as usual.
View Quote

Ok so, to clarify, they are NOT going to be charging a general monthly subscription fee?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top