Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah yes chicken of see.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outside of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki there has never been a recorded attack by killer whales in the wild.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Outside of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki there has never been a recorded attack by killer whales in the wild.
View Quote

Iv heard this for years,my ex wife tried convincing me of this circa 1997.  boggles my mind that because there’s little proof of something, people simply assume it’s not happening / impossible when it’s absolutely / probably happening / happened. Elk, moose, cows, dogs, deer , beavers, otters, etc kill people, but not a 5 ton meat eating predator?

They kill people in captivity, that’s recorded and a fact, therefore they absolutely kill people in the wild, it’s a fucking 30’ long, 10,000 lb / 5 ton meat eating predator, they have reported kills on swimming moose. No reported attacks on humans…..

There’s a good reason, the difference between a 10’ , 350lb shark attack / bite in Florida, almost always leaves a injured screaming human surrounded by dozens of swimmers, and 30’ / 10,000 lb / 5 ton killer whale attack in Alaska, where isolation is common, is the killer whale attack doesn’t leave a body behind .

I’m not saying they frequently or routinely kill humans, I’m just saying I’m sure they have and zero chance I’m swimming with them captive or wild.

They have recently in the news been sinking sail boats, which means they probably did so throughout history, boats which I’m sure they connect humans too, sinking a ship today might end in rescue, sinking a ship 100+ years ago, a kayaking Eskimo in artic waters, a ship far at sea, etc would have absolutely ended with fatalities, especially with the Eskimo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Iv heard this for years, boggles my mind that because there’s little proof of something, people assume it’s not happening, when it’s absolutely happening/ happened. Elk, moose, cows, dogs, deer etc kill people, but not a 5 ton meat eating predator?

They kill people in captivity, that’s recorded and a fact, therefore they absolutely kill people in the wild, it’s a fucking 30’ long, 10,000 lb / 5 ton meat eating predator, they have reported kills on swimming moose. No reported attacks on humans…..

There’s a good reason, the difference between a 10’ , 350lb shark attack / bite in Florida, and 30’ / 10,000 lb / 5 ton killer whale attack in Alaska is the killer whale attack doesn’t leave a body behind .

I’m not saying they frequently or routinely kill humans, I’m just saying I’m sure they have and zero chance I’m swimming with them captive or wild.
View Quote

That's why he posted recorded
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Better than being in the ocean with a man! Amiright ladies?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Better than being in the ocean with a man! Amiright ladies?!?!?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh brother, did a week long kayaking trip around the San Juan islands one year and disappointed that I did not see any, until the last full day of paddling in ruff waters came across a pool of Orcas. Happened to be right where they were feeding!
In a kayak and having them blow right below you and coming right next to you was incredible, my reaction was take pictures, no one would believe this. It was one of those things that made you feel so in awe and how incredible nature is.

Made all the boats that usually chase them jealous, hehe.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
She should have taken her top off and showed them her boobies.  Everyone knows that boobies are calming and show friendship.  Orcas are smart enough to know this and it would have made the video more interesting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iv heard this for years, boggles my mind that because there’s little proof of something, people assume it’s not happening, when it’s absolutely happening/ happened. Elk, moose, cows, dogs, deer etc kill people, but not a 5 ton meat eating predator?

There’s a good reason, the difference between a 10’ , 350lb shark attack / bite in Florida, and 30’ / 10,000 lb / 5 ton killer whale attack in Alaska is the killer whale attack doesn’t leave a body behind .

My ex rattled on and on about wishing she could jump into the water and swim with wild killer whales,
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I'm for sure making a very cautious attempt to pet one, it's in my nature.  I might end up a whale turd but I might also become their human.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I watched Free Willy as a kid so I'm basically an expert on Orcas now

I would trust an Orca about as much as I trust my cat with the same paint scheme; a little rub on the head is welcome, but touch the forbidden tumtum? Prepare to pay dearly.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Talking to a killer whale like it's a fur baby. Classic woman instincts right there.
View Quote

You think you are going to yell at it and scare it away?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Iv heard this for years,my ex wife tried convincing me of this circa 1997.  boggles my mind that because there’s little proof of something, people simply assume it’s not happening / impossible when it’s absolutely / probably happening / happened. Elk, moose, cows, dogs, deer , beavers, otters, etc kill people, but not a 5 ton meat eating predator?

There’s a good reason, the difference between a 10’ , 350lb shark attack / bite in Florida, almost always leaves a injured screaming human surrounded by dozens of swimmers, and 30’ / 10,000 lb / 5 ton killer whale attack in Alaska, where isolation is common, is the killer whale attack doesn’t leave a body behind .
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/Survivorship-bias.svg

Lol, precisely.

The difference between a skilled serial killer and your local Sureno mouth breather is that the former knows how to not just make sure the body isn't found, but that no one even notices that a murder took place.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
once in a lifetime experience and she's freaking out.

I would have tried to pet one.
amazing creatures- has there ever been a documented attack on a human in the wild?
View Quote

Freaking out is right, but she handled it. True, there are no recorded incidents of an Orca in the wild attacking a human. But how was she to know she wasn't going to be the first?
I love the ocean but I don't like things bigger than me swimming near me.
That footage is her lifelong memory and will be on line much longer than she will.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's just Tuna Propaganda.
View All Quotes

No footage, no believe.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about the boars being sunk in the last few years?

Oh, I forgot. Those aren't attacks they're "bored whales playing".
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boars live on land.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I watched Free Willy as a kid so I'm basically an expert on Orcas now

I would trust an Orca about as much as I trust my cat with the same paint scheme; a little rub on the head is welcome, but touch the forbidden tumtum? Prepare to pay dearly.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53649363668_f3f1223f3d_c.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
once in a lifetime experience and she's freaking out.
I would have tried to pet one.
View Quote

+1

It is an experience I would love to have and would never forget.

I would not tempt fate by trying to pet one.  They are wild animals.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
She was teasing them and tempting them with all the baby seal noises.
View Quote

My first thought was to shut the fuck up and stop sounding like a crying baby seal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck it... if it's my time to go, then "Eaten by orcas" will be a much better epitaph than "Died of a heart attack while consuming Cheetos and surfing AR15.com".
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My first thought was to shut the fuck up and stop sounding like a crying baby seal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She was teasing them and tempting them with all the baby seal noises.

Yeah, although those things are smarter than hell and probably knew which state of the Union she was from, just from the accent of her whimpers from 200 yards away.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m fairly certain those were nuclear bombs, sir.
View Quote

Yes, but it was because of the whales and dolphins. Fuck you whale, fuck you dolphin.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's just Tuna Propaganda.
View All Quotes

Big Tuna has lots of propaganda these days.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's why we have to eat as many of them as possible.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#28]
To think no human or two hasn't been taken by an orca is ludicrous. Pretty sure a lot of single Eskimos in kayaks never returned.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like they're just curious.
View Quote

My interpretation of events-

As some have said, “ it’s a once in a lifetime event”  

Interactions and charity this is how we get along with our submarine brethren
Near as I can tell orcas are good people. Mostly

But still, there’s the rogue pod off the coast of Spain that sinks boats.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can someone explain the point of a paddle board on a dead calm ocean?
View Quote

Can someone explain to me the point of ever leaving the house?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Orcas are just gigantic dolphins, and dolphins love hanging out near boats.  I normally shy away from any whales getting too close to my boat, just because they could sink you just by misjudging a jump or breach.  But if they were that close, obviously being curious, it is not too concerning.  Hell of a lot safer than having a shark around…

The Orca(s) (I think it might be just one of them) that have killed people were captive ones, living in (to them) tiny pools always having to swim in circles and do tricks.  Not surprising the trainers pissed them off one too many times.

I think the ones near Spain most likely have a beef after one got hurt by a boat.  Damned things are smart…probably best to haze that particular pod with some seal bombs for a while so they leave boats alone.  But do gooders probably won’t let that happen, so the whales will keep doing it…
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]
False alarm its not a seal on a iceberg!  Lets scare it anyway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Started the clip and thought, what's the big deal she's in a boat.

Then realized it was a kayak. Oh fuck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not gonna lie, I would probably sound just like her in that situation.
View Quote

Me too.   And never set a foot in the ocean again.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#35]
He was just hunting for the source of the tuna smell.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Not smart having a small boat that looks like a huge seal.
And then going where KILLER WHALES are.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m fairly certain those were nuclear bombs, sir.

Dropped by?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/439317/968r64mn49ic1-3243471.jpg

That was all propaganda. It was actually a chicken and a cow who dropped the bombs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah because they learned their lesson and now leave no witnesses
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He was just hunting for the source of the tuna smell.
View Quote

A family friend of ours went on vacation to Mexico once and did one of those 'swim with the dolphins' excursions. She said all of the dolphins were super interested in her, but basically ignored everybody else in her group. She asked the guide about it, and the response was "Are you pregnant?".  She said "no".... but then took at test as soon as she got home, and it was positive.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone else laugh out loud when she was like “HI!!!!!!  FUCK!!!!!”
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This lady survived because they thought she might be live streaming.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#42]

nature be scary yo
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can someone explain the point of a paddle board on a dead calm ocean?
View Quote
Because it fucking sucks if it's not flat like glass?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top