Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/28/2017 9:41:24 PM EDT
Tonight was one for the record books. At about 6:00, I was sitting in my townhouse watching the Alaska State Troopers marathon on Nat Geo, when I heard a knock at my door. So I head over, look through the peep hole, and see some energy company guy standing there, for the second time in a month. I open the door, and he starts his spiel about how I can save all kinds of money, which I politely decline. He keeps going. I decline again. He keeps going. I begin to shut the door, and he says (with a 'tude) "Well I guess you can just go ahead not saving money." I replied, "Okay man, good luck." Again with the same attitude, he replies "Whatever, I don't need luck." I didn't respond, but I did chuckle. As he gets to the bottom of the stairs, he starts attempting to mock the chuckle, with a really loud "HARDARHARDARHARDAR." This kinda pissed me off. So, I call my friend across the way, to warn her not to answer their door, and she tells me how she already dealt with the guy earlier, and he had been incredibly rude to her. I decide that whoever employs this catfish needs to know who they have working in the field for them. This is where it gets good.

I look outside, and see him entering the building across the parking lot. I head over, and go in. I said, "Hey buddy, I didn't get your name and company." I don't think he recognized me at first, because he gave me the company name. It dawned on him right when he had just finished showing me his name tag. I start walking away, and he says, "go ahead, it's not going to do you any fucking good, I own the company." I kept walking, and replied that we would see. I get about a quarter of the way across the lot back toward my place, when I hear "Yeah Bitch, run your fucking mouth and then walk away." I stopped, turned around, and said "Man you're something else." He starts walking toward me, and starts the whole "what motherfucker you don't want to do anything now?" I said something about him fucking off, and he kept closing on me. I took a semi-defensive posture, and waited to see what he would do. He kept going on and on, motherfucking me up and down. I was slowly backing away, maintaining sight of his hands. He stopped about five feet away from me, still motherfucking me. I told him that I was going to call the cops, and he called my bluff, saying that he had a permit or whatever to be there.

In a weird turn of events, he starts telling me how much money he makes, which made me chuckle again. He then proceeds to tell me how much money he's been saving everyone, and that if I wanted to "do something" he had witnesses that would finger me as the aggressor. Okay, guy. Then out of the car beside him, comes his partner, a chick of about 20 or so. A hottie, I might add. I asked her if this was how her employer expects employees to act. He goes on, saying that if I'm going to talk shit I better be willing to deal with it. I look at her, and she asks, "well, were you talking shit?" I L O fucking L at that one, and start  moseying on back across the lot, to the tune of, "Yeah you fucking pussy piece of shit, motherfucker, etc. "

I get back inside, and see him pull away in his white 1995 Toyota Camry LOL. I start researching this guy and his company online, and find that the PA AG is taking (took?) action against his company.

The company:

The guy:

His exact dress tonight:

I know it was the right thing, but man is it hard to take that kind of shit from a little 140 pound spraggot. I'm going to call the company, but I don't know what good it will do. I highly doubt that a shady company will care what their shady people do. Anyways, there you have it.

I posted this on my home state's forum, so that everyone would know (not that they didn't already) to avoid these clowns. Figured I would do the same for any Pennsylvanians here, as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You opened the door?? Why?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, that was mistake number one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics of hottie coworker?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Wall of text
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pics of hottie coworker?
View Quote

Didn't get any. She was VERY cute though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I open the door....

But seeing a angry redneck with a suppressed G3 or MP5 open the door tends to cause people to reconsider their choice of a career in door to door solicitation.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There was blading at 45 today, yes?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#8]
You handled that better than I would have.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
This is why you always answer the door with a belt fed
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just posting to say I actually read all that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There was blading at 45 today, yes?
View Quote

I'd give it maybe 40-44 degrees. I didn't go full 45.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Is taking "a semi-defensive posture" anything like blading at 45 degrees?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm just posting to say I actually read all that.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#14]
LO fucking L

ETA: no red laser on fuck boy's chest
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of hottie coworker?

Fail But CSB
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm thinking it's more of a cant, than a full on blade. 
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of hottie coworker?

Ginger or Mary Anne cute?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Shoulda kicked his ass and taken his girl.
Welcome to Trumps America motherfucker.
(Thats what you say as you are standing over him,pissing in his face.)
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I find it kind of odd that assuming you know who your local utility companies are that you'd open the door or open the door without a weapon. But since it went down the way you said it did, I'd have had to made the comment to the hottie that she certainly didn't look like a lesbian. Been hard to not bitch slap the bitch (dude).
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Can you ms paint a defensive posture?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol I guess it's time to go make Facebook troll accounts and terrorize him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I find it kind of odd that assuming you know who your local utility companies are that you'd open the door or open the door without a weapon. But since it went down the way you said it did, I'd have had to made the comment to the hottie that she certainly didn't look like a lesbian. Been hard to not bitch slap the bitch (dude).
View Quote

I had a weapon, from start to finish. I agree though, I should have just ignored the knock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, were you talking shit?

Just kidding OP. I can imagine what that must have been like, sometimes our mind is telling us to walk the fuck away when our balls are telling us to man up. Hope that asshole gets his just desserts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate solicitors but I did have one funny encounter a few years ago.  I'm watching TV with my wife and her friend and someone knocks on the door.  I look out the peep hole and see a cute looking lady holding some papers.  I open the door and she starts talking before I can even say hello.  She's selling news paper subscriptions and hands me a free newspaper while being all flirty and shit.  I'm looking at her silently smiling and nodding then without breaking eye contact I point to the "no solicitors" sign clearly stuck at eye level on my door.  She looks over to what I'm pointing at and gets super fucking embarrassed and I handed her the paper back and go sit back down on the couch.  As soon as my wife asked what's up the paper lady walk down the sidewalk in front of the bay window of our living room and shoots some serious eye daggers at me.  My wife and her friend laughed pretty hard about that.

Sucks about your story though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's 22.5°.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#26]
He is lucky, were I live, you knock on a door as 6 in the evening, most of us answer with a drawn pistol in our hands, you never know who is fucking around when you live in the sticks and if we go visiting, we always call before we go.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Semi-defensive.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Those guys come around here from time to time. Annoying as hell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a house in Youngstown if you'd like to rent it while you formulate your revenge?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is why you always answer the door with a belt fed
View Quote

Or a danger noodle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You handled that better than I would have.
View Quote

This.

I look forward to him knocking on my door...even look more forward to posting about it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He is lucky, were I live, you knock on a door as 6 in the evening, most of us answer with a drawn pistol in our hands, you never know who is fucking around when you live in the sticks and if we go visiting, we always call before we go.
View Quote

Pretty much the way it is in my little rural world. Everyone who knows me here knows not to come rolling up unless it's a certified, boni fide, cross-eyed emergency.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Perhaps ya'll should erect/post some No Soliciting signs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is why you always answer the door with a belt fed, naked.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Any company that still relies on door to door solicitation is doing it all wrong in today's electronic society.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hate solicitors but I did have one funny encounter a few years ago.  I'm watching TV with my wife and her friend and someone knocks on the door.  I look out the peep hole and see a cute looking lady holding some papers.  I open the door and she starts talking before I can even say hello.  She's selling news paper subscriptions and hands me a free newspaper while being all flirty and shit.  I'm looking at her silently smiling and nodding then without breaking eye contact I point to the "no solicitors" sign clearly stuck at eye level on my door.  She looks over to what I'm pointing at and gets super fucking embarrassed and I handed her the paper back and go sit back down on the couch.  As soon as my wife asked what's up the paper lady walk down the sidewalk in front of the bay window of our living room and shoots some serious eye daggers at me.  My wife and her friend laughed pretty hard about that.

Sucks about your story though.
View Quote

Walk outside and close the door. "Lady, lady, I'm damn glad to see ya'". "You gotta rubber on ya"? "My ol' lady brought a hot looking friend over and I'm fresh out of condoms". "Help me, please!"
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I read that, and I want my minute back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Shoulda kicked his ass and taken his girl.
Welcome to Trumps America motherfucker.
(Thats what you say as you are standing over him,pissing in his face.)
View Quote
Do you have a newsletter? 
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Ed
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Avoidance not escalation...
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pics of hottie coworker?
View Quote

Yeah, it's at this point in the story that I stopped reading and then raced through the thread for pics.

So much disappoint.  No pics of hottie, no blading AAR, etc.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Those guys come around here from time to time. Annoying as hell.
View Quote

I caught one talking to one of my tenants and heard him say "I'm from the power company"

That passed me off right away because I could tell my tenant (a single older woman) thought he was actually from PP&L

I walked right up and said "just so you know he doesn't work for PP&L he just wants you to think he does"

The look on his face was priceless
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Avoidance not escalation...
View Quote
1. Make distance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Get a restraining order/order of protection against him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#47]

That's "Doctorate in the Interwebz" worthy shit
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#48]
OP, were you armed? Or just planned on jacking him off?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP, were you armed? Or just planned on jacking him off?
View Quote

I was. VBOB IWB at 4:00.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol I guess it's time to go make Facebook troll accounts and terrorize him.
View Quote

lol while I appreciate that, it's not my goal. If anything, the company needs to know.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top