Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL!  I'll be looking for you when you take your AMG to F1!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just haven't run up against the right " shitbox" yet. I have ridden in 900 + HP Honda Civics and VWs when they have walked on all kinds of expensive euro trash........ Porsches included.

Also some 1200 HP street legal American muscle cars too.  I don't know many factory purchased cars that can run in the 7s and 8s.

Hats off to the shitbox builders.

ETA: Bring your porsche to this guys house.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDswtLUhdM
And you are aware that "eurotrash" cars that are built for performance can be tuned to 13 or 1400 HP too, right?  And that POS Honda is still a POS

LOL! Yeah, and your factory built and bought euro trash uber car will still get smoked by some dude who built his car in his garage. Funny, you don't see many "tuned" eurotrash cars being run in any kind of competitions.

What competitions are you referring to?

Why the American competitions !!  Good ol' drag racing and NASCAR !  Or the kind of competitions that take place on the streets of America......

So the dumb kinds of motorsport?

F1 > NASCAR

I would take it to track days.

I've gotten plenty of practice on the PS4!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just haven't run up against the right " shitbox" yet. I have ridden in 900 + HP Honda Civics and VWs when they have walked on all kinds of expensive euro trash........ Porsches included.

Also some 1200 HP street legal American muscle cars too.  I don't know many factory purchased cars that can run in the 7s and 8s.

And you are aware that "eurotrash" cars that are built for performance can be tuned to 13 or 1400 HP too, right?  And that POS Honda is still a POS

LOL! Yeah, and your factory built and bought euro trash uber car will still get smoked by some dude who built his car in his garage. Funny, you don't see many "tuned" eurotrash cars being run in any kind of competitions.

Why the American competitions !!  Good ol' drag racing and NASCAR !  Or the kind of competitions that take place on the streets of America......

F1 > NASCAR

You're a goofy fucker!  You make me laugh.. I like you...

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Depending on the car, it’s not that easy.
View Quote

This is true,  to get the holeset in my 2002 I pretty much had to make everything from scratch.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]
That stupid “you can’t afford it” scene in that movie reflects the attitude of a very small portion of the owners of those cars.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

F1 > NASCAR

Then you should be GTG!  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I went to a Landcuiser meet years back and couldn't find parking so I drove up to the gate and asked where I could park (show was LCs only, I was in my 87 toyota 4x4 pickup).
Was invited to just park on the grass with the Landcuisers. Yeah, same brand and all but most of these were high dollar builds or restorations, my truck had no business being "shown" nor had I intended to.
Was pretty surprised at all the questions and positive feedback I got.

Honestly, most of the car people I have met have been pretty cool and open minded. The checkbook billet rodders can be a mixed bag and there are elements of the import scene in CA you have to be wary of (big gang presence).
Oddly, the lowrider guys are usually cool as shit.

Most fun crowd was the minitruck guys back in the day. The Orange County truck jam was a yearly stop for my friends and I.
View Quote
Aye, it was a little suprising to me.  At the first one, a guy in a 350z that didn't have a stock part on it, lowered, intercooler so big he was waiting on a fabricated front end, you get the idea.  I am sure he had a ton of money in his, was commenting on how clean and original my pos is and wanted to check it out.

We shot the shit for a good while, super cool guy.  Never would have guessed he would have given one fuck about my car.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Shit boxes are more fun to drive.

My beater I drive at 10/10. And I don't care what happens to it.

My nice car I worry about getting scratched.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Cuz stuff like this is fun

The Zero F**** Given RX7 - /TUNED

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aye, it was a little suprising to me.  At the first one, a guy in a 350z that didn't have a stock part on it, lowered, intercooler so big he was waiting on a fabricated front end, you get the idea.  I am sure he had a ton of money in his, was commenting on how clean and original my pos is and wanted to check it out.

We shot the shit for a good while, super cool guy.  Never would have guessed he would have given one fuck about my car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to a Landcuiser meet years back and couldn't find parking so I drove up to the gate and asked where I could park (show was LCs only, I was in my 87 toyota 4x4 pickup).
Was invited to just park on the grass with the Landcuisers. Yeah, same brand and all but most of these were high dollar builds or restorations, my truck had no business being "shown" nor had I intended to.

Honestly, most of the car people I have met have been pretty cool and open minded. The checkbook billet rodders can be a mixed bag and there are elements of the import scene in CA you have to be wary of (big gang presence).

Most fun crowd was the minitruck guys back in the day. The Orange County truck jam was a yearly stop for my friends and I.

Some people have very diverse tastes in cars.
I know I do.
About the only things that don't interest me is the really out there stance stuff (euro look is cool, can't get into the cambergang thing) and donks.
Not a huge fan of brass era cars from a "I would like to own one" point of view but they are neat to look at.
And I am not a huge fan of FWD cars but I can respect a well built one
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is true,  to get the holeset in my 2002 I pretty much had to make everything from scratch.

https://i.imgur.com/pntqN44.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on the car, it’s not that easy.

https://i.imgur.com/pntqN44.jpg

The Bench Racers forget that plenty of Euro Guys turn their own wrenches. Sometimes they do it because they like it. Other times it’s because they can’t pay someone to do it, even though than can afford to.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I still smile when I see a mini truck.  They are apparently still a thing.   There are a few making a comeback here and there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember those fuckin mini trucks everygodamnwhere back in mid 80s in OC.

Few years later and they were those high anxiety trucks. Super lifted SR5s

I still smile when I see a mini truck.  They are apparently still a thing.   There are a few making a comeback here and there.

Attachment Attached File

One in the back is due for an altitude adjustment. It was a slammed truck back in the day.

And when minitruckers are over 40, they buy stuff like this. LS swaps are becoming a thing for these guys. If it weren't for CAs smog laws and the cardinal rule of don't tinker with the daily too much...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No one cares if a V8 swapped and turboed Fiero can go faster in a straight line than an AMG, because it's still a fucking Fiero.
View Quote

The AMG owner who just got owned cares.

Trunk badges are for those looking to buy ribbons from the PX to enhance their combat experience.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's how I feel about all cars. I don't want the attention of strangers in public. Go to airports near big cities where people have some money. You'll see the majority of people with planes driving fairly basic vehicles.
View Quote

Yup, I feel the same way.  That said, lots of people with the $$$$ keep the fancy cars at home. No sense in getting the toys stolen or dinged up while you’re out taking a trip in the netjet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have an E36 BMW M3 with a V8 swap....  not a shit box at all. It might not destroy an AMG, but it would give it one hell of a run for it's money.
View Quote

I have an E36 convertible with some type of sport package but not the M3 motor. But I looked it up, 0 to 60 on the M3 is 5.3 seconds she's pretty fast. what motor did you put in your car? Got any pictures?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree with the board. Making things nice is half the fun. Look at this nice paint job I put on my grandpas shitty rifle after he died

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have an E36 convertible with some type of sport package but not the M3 motor. But I looked it up, 0 to 60 on the M3 is 5.3 seconds she's pretty fast. what motor did you put in your car? Got any pictures?
View Quote

Modern AMGs are running low 3s or faster 0-60, and around a track, any track, most AMGs would be pretty far ahead of you. Maybe not the AMG G63... maybe
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree with the board. Making things nice is half the fun. Look at this nice paint job I put on my grandpas shitty rifle after he died

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/2a/4d/882a4d02b6185c01760514d21f035c50.jpg
View Quote

Haha.  Trolllllllleoooooooooleooo.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What is the OP driving anyways?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one cares if a V8 swapped and turboed Fiero can go faster in a straight line than an AMG, because it's still a fucking Fiero.
Cool.  Let's race for pink slips.
What is the OP driving anyways?

A stock shitbox.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#19]
What kinda car'd you lose to, OP?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Guys who get into cars only to be miserable when someone beats them on a lower budget are really special.  They eventually wind up in some car club where they cite rules all day long like its a HOA.  

I used to work on cars for guys just for the love of it.  Cant afford my own right now but I have "skills" that I either keep up with or lose them.  Give me a true hot rodder over a checkbook biatch any day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guys who get into cars only to be miserable when someone beats them on a lower budget are really special.  They eventually wind up in some car club where they cite rules all day long like its a HOA.  

I used to work on cars for guys just for the love of it.  Cant afford my own right now but I have "skills" that I either keep up with or lose them.  Give me a true hot rodder over a checkbook biatch any day.
View Quote

I have had my ass handed to me and I have handed people their asses.  Its all fun.  

I go to the track to have fun and meet other car guys and gals.  The racing is just part of the fun.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Drive what you like, the way you like.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

And in 10 years,  they will both be old shit boxes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Drive what you like, the way you like.
View Quote

Dont tell me what to do!    

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

true! So true!

The best is when they run their mouth, and make every excuse imaginable to not run their car...
But Muh retarded timing to run pump gas! Muh tuning! Muh precious paint jobz! So on so forth.

Car clubs literally are the HOA equivalent, and country club-skeet/trap fudd equivalent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Did OP just get trounced by a Fiero with a Jaguar V12 crammed under the hood?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#28]
OK. Thanks for stopping by to let us know.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A shitbox would fall apart before it took an AMG out on a real track.
View Quote

I’m glad they give the “special” people from your generation internet access. It’s so inspirational.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone's salty they got gapped by a shitbox.
View Quote

This. OP, show us on the doll where they hurt you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Meh.

Is the faster car also more luxurious and comfortable?
View Quote

Funny, that is very person dependent.  My wife has a BMW X5. I drive it frequently. It is not comfortable to me. Neither was my friends e series. Most of them have nice amenities like leather dashes and dual climate control, but I am solo in my car more often than not and don't sit there rubbing the dash so those are pretty useless. Most cars have leather, bluetooth and auto everything now. So honestly, I don't know how much more luxurious most higher end vehicles are anymore.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#34]
A guy in my AO has a LS Miata.
That little bastard is one goin' machine.

When I was a lad, a neighbor had a MG TD with a SBC.
Couldn't keep a rear end in it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I kinda want to build one like this. I have a perfectly serviceable 93 LS400 just sitting here (wifes old car). Paint is shot, interior is shot but it runs like a top.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#36]
This shitty truck will outrun most AMG’s when it’s done but I don’t get kid myself it’s even in the ballpark of those cars.  

It’s just an old shitty truck that I hope is pretty damn fast.  It’s just like the truck we rode 5 deep in pulling an airstream to go camping when I was a kid.  They were some of my best memories as a kid.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#37]
op fwiw as someone who has had both i agree with you.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Wrong

There a cars that people put legitimate builds into that are engineering marvels or just plain works of art that make no financial sense.

Then there are shitboxes that come in all forms.

8 sec shady, livin' on a prayer cars are still 8 second shit boxes even if they started out as a 65k camaro
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I clicked expecting a Fox body thread.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

you are just cranky

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion, AMG is the definition of "souped up shitbox"  

you are just cranky

"Cranky" is the new delusional.

https://carbuzz.com/compare/mercedes-benz-amg-gt-r-vs-porsche-911-gt3-rs

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Did OP post his POS ride pic yet?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#42]
AMEN, OP.

It just doesn't make any sense. Why spend $20k on putting a V8 in a Miata, when you can buy the V8 in a car IT WAS DESIGNED TO BE IN for the same $$$. Check the prices on C6 Z06s these days... you might realize your dream car isn't that far out of reach.

It's understandable that people want fast, gorgeous cars, but often don't have the money for them. But it ISN'T understandable when you actually DO have the money for said fast, gorgeous car, that you'd decide to blow the SAME amount of money on creating a freak of nature because you have sentimental feelings toward the piece of junk you had to compromise for when you didn't have any money. Cars are disposable commodities. Think of them as paper plates--not your grandmother's good china.

Short story. My first car was a 1999 Eclipse RS. I spent way too many hours to count planning and making lists of every single part I was going to upgrade in that car. It would have been Fast and Furious ready by the time I was done, with maybe 300hp.

Then I got a 350z because I realized it had more potential than a stock Eclipse. I owned the Z for ten years and again spent countless hours planning to supercharge it, add a body kit, etc. etc.

Four years ago I bought a C6 Corvette when I realized buying the used Vette was going to cost the same as upgrading the Z to the point where it would have the same performance as the Vette stock.

I love my Vette. Now I have a real car that is actually worth maxing out its performance.

Until I have more money, and realize that buying the next ______ is going to cost the same as maxing out the performance on the Vette to the stock level of the new car.

SOME DAY I will actually soup up a car I own. But I promise it won't be a Fiero or a Miata.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I kinda want to build one like this. I have a perfectly serviceable 93 LS400 just sitting here (wifes old car). Paint is shot, interior is shot but it runs like a top.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107869/Lifted-Lexus-LS400-TRD_jpg-1361379.JPG
View Quote

gotta be a Gambler car
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Op is mad because some LS swapped mid 80s shit box with a Taiwan tornado maker gapped him.
View Quote
Or OP has a shot box with a fartcan, and lined up someone in an AMG who never raced him
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#45]
OP believes you must buy happiness and what other people think is more important than your own opinion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

gotta be a Gambler car
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107869/Lifted-Lexus-LS400-TRD_jpg-1361379.JPG

gotta be a Gambler car

Pretty sure it is.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone should have told this guy.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#48]
A lot of truth here.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#49]
My buddy and I won a bunch of money back in the day with his shitbox Nova.

It was easy to bait people like OP.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That thing makes me smile everytime I see it.
Partially because it is cool as hell.
Partially because there is some purist somewhere that is angry that it exists.
View Quote

I only hate the mismatched wheels.  Polished aluminum or chrome paired with 90's flat aluminum is barf
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top