Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Ezra saves Ahsoka by pulling her into the portal, and that is the case for Yoda being able to transport himself back 800+ years? Seems to be a rather sudden increase in the utility of the ability.

I suppose Baby Yoda time traveling backwards, to have experience and wisdom so that he could counsel everyone and then watch the fall of the Jedi order in person makes some sort of sense. Sure, lets not bother telling Qui-gon that his intuition on Anakin being "the Chosen One" to bring balance to the force is not going to go the way Qui-gon thinks it is. Of all the Jedi, Qui-gon would have likely been the only one that would have accepted the notion of time travel.
The perfect time to tell Qui-gon that his belief in Anakin was misplaced would have been in EP1 when Yoda said he sensed much fear in him.

Ironically, since he did not, that would indicate that Yoda believed in the Living Force like Qui-gon, and that the fall of Anakin and the rise of Vader was the will of the force. Ah, but baby Yoda was too young to know any of that and possibly accidentally time traveled.

So, no continuity issues, no paradox, no problems because the force is fatalistic and the movies and Rebels are just some automatons playing their bit piece according to the will of the force. That absolves Rey of being a Mary Sue at least.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best part about the Mando series is it means nothing to the movies. since there has not been any mention of a little yoda, unless they plan on making it a part of 10, 11, 12.
I beg to differ.

We know nothing of Yoda's origins in the movies, therefore we could be watching Yoda's backstory.

Time travel is a part of the Star Wars universe, therefore it is absolutely not a stretch to put Yoda's birth at the same time as Anakin's, so long as he goes back in time (and doesn't return to the present/future) early enough to not have a continuity issue with what we do know.

Baby Yoda is likely the real Yoda, and ends up using the force to time travel back 800+ years (for his own safety?). No continuity issues, no paradox, no problem.
So Ezra saves Ahsoka by pulling her into the portal, and that is the case for Yoda being able to transport himself back 800+ years? Seems to be a rather sudden increase in the utility of the ability.

I suppose Baby Yoda time traveling backwards, to have experience and wisdom so that he could counsel everyone and then watch the fall of the Jedi order in person makes some sort of sense. Sure, lets not bother telling Qui-gon that his intuition on Anakin being "the Chosen One" to bring balance to the force is not going to go the way Qui-gon thinks it is. Of all the Jedi, Qui-gon would have likely been the only one that would have accepted the notion of time travel.
The perfect time to tell Qui-gon that his belief in Anakin was misplaced would have been in EP1 when Yoda said he sensed much fear in him.

Ironically, since he did not, that would indicate that Yoda believed in the Living Force like Qui-gon, and that the fall of Anakin and the rise of Vader was the will of the force. Ah, but baby Yoda was too young to know any of that and possibly accidentally time traveled.

So, no continuity issues, no paradox, no problems because the force is fatalistic and the movies and Rebels are just some automatons playing their bit piece according to the will of the force. That absolves Rey of being a Mary Sue at least.
How much do you remember from being an infant or a toddler?

If Baby Yoda is sent back in time at his current level of maturity, he would have no detailed memories of the future.

There is no will of the force. The force is like electricity - it is balanced, it is powerful, but it doesn't have a will of its own.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Who else plans to go to the EE and make offers to pay using Calamari Flan, but only offer to pay half the asking price?
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL.

Not reading this thread.

Fuck Disney.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I guess we will see. Maybe they will eventually make Star Wars movies that don't involve Rey or the Skywalkers, maybe the Groundrunners and since the universe is big no one knows about them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL.

Not reading this thread.

Fuck Disney.
View Quote
@DigDug: Thanks for replying though! Hopefully me @ you brought you back into the thread you don't care about to be surrounded by your hate for Disney even more.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yoda's species are a manifestation of Midiclorians.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
When is the next one. I watched the first two.

I waited and assumed since this was an 18 page thread the season was complete.

I could google...and you could stand to loose a few lbs. so what.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When is the next one. I watched the first two.

I waited and assumed since this was an 18 page thread the season was complete.

I could google...and you could stand to loose a few lbs. so what.
View Quote
It’s one episode a week till the end of December.

It’s an 18 page thread because this is the first great Star Wars since the EU was ended and there are numerous Easter eggs in the two episodes and us geeks are eating it up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Schedule:

Episode 1 – Nov. 12
Episode 2 – Nov. 15
Episode 3 – Nov. 22
Episode 4 – Nov. 29
Episode 5 – Dec. 6
Episode 6 – Dec. 13
Episode 7 – Dec. 18
Episode 8 – Dec. 27

I'm pretty sure that Disney+ is dragging it out to get more subscribers and stall for time while their other shows and movie inventory catch up.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I have to be honest. I grew up watching Star Wars and stuff. Swore that shit off with jar jar binks.

Seem to remember young darth killing a bunch of kids with a light saber but I gave it back up.

I like this so far not sure if I should go back and watch all that I’ve missed. I’m assuming not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Schedule:

Episode 1 – Nov. 12
Episode 2 – Nov. 15
Episode 3 – Nov. 22
Episode 4 – Nov. 29
Episode 5 – Dec. 6
Episode 6 – Dec. 13
Episode 7 – Dec. 18
Episode 8 – Dec. 27

I'm pretty sure that Disney+ is dragging it out to get more subscribers and stall for time while their other shows and movie inventory catch up.
View Quote
Well the reason behind the final 2 Episode is The movie comes out the week in between they do not want to interrupt it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm already sick of the lazy and clumsy throwbacks & references, and the bad storytelling. All the action and scenery in the world can't make up for plots that make me cringe. At this point, I just don't give a shit about the characters. Any of them. At all. That's not how stories are supposed to work.

One episode of Breaking Bad, or Dexter, or fuck....about 500 series, made me care more about the people involved.

Pretty much living up to Disney standards, IMHO, just not quite as repugnant as the movies.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I'll wait for the much anticipated series, "The Gungan."
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm already sick of the lazy and clumsy throwbacks & references, and the bad storytelling. All the action and scenery in the world can't make up for plots that make me cringe. At this point, I just don't give a shit about the characters. Any of them. At all. That's not how stories are supposed to work.

One episode of Breaking Bad, or Dexter, or fuck....about 500 series, made me care more about the people involved.

Pretty much living up to Disney standards, IMHO, just not quite as repugnant as the movies.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I love when people think others care about their hot take.

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok boomer.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/e329c206beebf6fbacb7d89fbaf0ba44/tenor.gif
View Quote
Oh, sorry, it's so fucking awesome. I loved it when he had to learn to ride the Hoppity-Hoppity to navigate that brutal terrain rather than....uh.....fly his spaceship over there within walking distance. I guess that's how IG-88 rolled. Not like he had a tracking device. He needed the Ferengi, you see. It was my favorite part, how else could space western have him trying to break an awkward, poorly rendered creature in a comic scene!? Awesome. So awesome.

Brian Posehn as the speeder driver? OMG META! Then he got eated! By the monster. The classic too big SW monster. Didn't see that coming.

Hey, did you see the part where they referenced the Holiday Special with the "life day" reference? OMG, so fucking meta. Fan servicegasm right there.

I love it when people think their shitty series are beyond any fair criticism, btw.

Enjoy your series, may the pandering be with you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh, sorry, it's so fucking awesome. I loved it when he had to learn to ride the Hoppity-Hoppity to navigate that brutal terrain rather than....uh.....fly his spaceship over there within walking distance. I guess that's how IG-88 rolled. Not like he had a tracking device. He needed the Ferengi, you see. It was my favorite part, how else could space western have him trying to break an awkward, poorly rendered creature in a comic scene!? Awesome. So awesome.

Brian Posehn as the speeder driver? OMG META! Then he got eated! By the monster. The classic too big SW monster. Didn't see that coming.

Hey, did you see the part where they referenced the Holiday Special with the "life day" reference? OMG, so fucking meta. Fan servicegasm right there.

I love it when people think their shitty series are beyond any fair criticism, btw.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hey dude, here's a thought: DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT.  Some things take TIME to come into their own, and in the meantime, we're liking what you don't like.

The shows you referenced have 60+ episodes, that's a totally fair comparison
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey dude, here's a thought: DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT.  Some things take TIME to come into their own, and in the meantime, we're liking what you don't like.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's absurd. The quality of all TV shows is determined in the first 2 episodes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, I liked it.  Episode 2 had a real Lone Wolf & Cub vibe.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

True.

Not true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

I can't believe that I did this growing up.  I never realized how much my childhood sucked until now.
Quoted:

If they where hour long rather than 24 minutes the wait would be better.
True.

Quoted:

I think it's better than binging it all in one day. This way you have a week to process what you saw and your imagination gets to work it over for a while
Not true.
Absolutely true.

It also builds interest because of all the water cooler talk between episodes (like we're doing here)
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your so edgy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Since people have actually created religions based sci-fi religions, I'm changing my religion to Mandalorian.
And if there is any infringement on my right to own any weapon I'm gonna scream religious persecution.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Brian Posehn as the speeder driver? OMG META! Then he got eated! By the monster. The classic too big SW monster. Didn't see that coming.

Quoted:Hey, did you see the part where they referenced the Holiday Special with the "life day" reference? OMG, so fucking meta. Fan servicegasm right there.

Quoted:I love it when people think their shitty series are beyond any fair criticism, btw.

Hot take, bro
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
At least it's better than that crap called Firefly!
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think you miss a lot of the nuance present in The Mandalorian that is absent in other Disney Star Wars movies/shows.  Not that The Mandalorian is perfect, but it's far and away the best Star Wars content of the Disney Era.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#31]
A better question is: Who wouldn't?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#33]
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

Remember Doc Brown from Back to the Future 3?

1. We know nothing of Yoda's origins, beyond his age.

2. The force balances itself - Baby Yoda born at the same time as Anakin (yin/yang).

3. Time travel exists in Star Wars universe (see Star Wars Rebels).

4. To protect Baby Yoda (and the timeline), Baby Yoda will end up being sent back in time hundreds of years.

5. None of the above violates any continuity in the other movies or TV series.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

2. The force balances itself - Baby Yoda born at the same time as Anakin (yin/yang).

4. To protect Baby Yoda (and the timeline), Baby Yoda will end up being sent back in time hundreds of years.

View Quote
I really hope not.  Time travel is one of the cheapest, least interesting gimmicks in movies/shows/books, and it always involves huge plot holes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

View Quote
Nothing for nothing I hope it's not Yoda. The time travel arc in Rebels was honestly pretty bad and I wish they had never done it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I really hope not.  Time travel is one of the cheapest, least interesting gimmicks in movies/shows/books, and it always involves huge plot holes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

Have you seen The Last Jedi?
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nothing for nothing I hope it's not Yoda. The time travel arc in Rebels was honestly pretty bad and I wish they had never done it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agree.

Quoted:

I will allow time travel if, and only if, it negates Episode 8. (and probably 9...might as well just cancel out the whole Sequel Trilogy)
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Agree.

I will allow time travel if, and only if, it negates Episode 8. (and probably 9...might as well just cancel out the whole Sequel Trilogy)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree.

Quoted:

Meh. All things considered, if we get a nice backstory for Yoda and it results in Yoda being sent to some other time (e.g. escape through time), it doesn't really fuck with the story line.

What difference does it make if Yoda spent his infant through toddler years 900 - 850 years before Empire Strikes Back or concurrently with Phantom Menace through Return of the Jedi, so long as in either case it doesn't fuck with the existing canon and doesn't create a paradox? Unlike in Rebels, this isn't a matter of going back to a specific moment in time and then returning - it's simply a matter of taking a one way trip to any point in the past (the fact that it would predictably be roughly 800 - 850 years ago is relevant only to the audience).
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ahem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem.
You misspelled Amen.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You misspelled Amen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem.
You misspelled Amen.
I did no such thing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Got stuck watching the first couple episodes at a friends house.

All I can say is you idiots have Stockholm syndrome so bad, and that so desperate are you for ANYTHING other than the unlubed assfucking you’ve taken at that hands of Disney that you are willing to call that heap of shit “good.” You are The same pathetic bitches who will beat up the cops when they try to cuff your husband after they see your black eyes.

SooKA! Motherfuckers. You deserve everything you get.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

All I can say is you idiots have Stockholm syndrome so bad, and that so desperate are you for ANYTHING other than the unlubed assfucking you’ve taken at that hands of Disney that you are willing to call that heap of shit “good.” You are The same pathetic bitches who will beat up the cops when they try to cuff your husband after they see your black eyes.

View Quote
Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Show us on the doll where Disney touched you.

Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If it looks like Yoda and uses the force like Yoda, it's probably Yoda.

https://i.imgflip.com/2a3v03.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people think it's a baby Yoda? I watched both episodes but there is no clue to why.

I doubt it is Yoda.   It was born the same year as  Anakin.   Which is interesting, with the prophecy and all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bless your heart.
View Quote
Is this the southern version of 'Ok Boomer'?  Lol
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bless your heart.
That depends....

Does 'Ok Boomer' mean "Go fuck yourself" and/or "You're retarded"?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Screen name checks out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I doubt it is Yoda.   It was born the same year as  Anakin.   Which is interesting, with the prophecy and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people think it's a baby Yoda? I watched both episodes but there is no clue to why.

People seem to think Yoda was the only member of his species or something, there have been several of them in the SWU, some of which are still canon.

And they've all been force sensitive.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Bring that baby Yoda over and force heal my flu

Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
People seem to think Yoda was the only member of his species or something, there have been several of them in the SWU, some of which are still canon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only other one still canon is Yaddle.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yoda's_species
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top