Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got stuck watching the first couple episodes at a friends house.

All I can say is you idiots have Stockholm syndrome so bad, and that so desperate are you for ANYTHING other than the unlubed assfucking you’ve taken at that hands of Disney that you are willing to call that heap of shit “good.” You are The same pathetic bitches who will beat up the cops when they try to cuff your husband after they see your black eyes.

SooKA! Motherfuckers. You deserve everything you get.
View Quote
Why is it that angry morons always love to hear themselves talk?

"Unlubed assfucking"? It's a TV show on a primarily kids network, edgelord.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The only other one still canon is Yaddle.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Yoda's_species
View Quote
So, assuming Baby Yoda is Yoda's Baby,  she would be about half his age when Yoda knocked her up? Niiiice.

Vandar is still canon to me dammit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Mandalorian Documentary | 24,000 Years of Honor
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
For now ratings are high Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, assuming Baby Yoda is Yoda's Baby,  she would be about half his age when Yoda knocked her up? Niiiice.
View Quote
1/2 his age + 7  
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All I can say is you idiots have Stockholm syndrome so bad, and that so desperate are you for ANYTHING other than the unlubed assfucking you’ve taken at that hands of Disney that you are willing to call that heap of shit “good.” You are The same pathetic bitches who will beat up the cops when they try to cuff your husband after they see your black eyes.

View Quote
Name seems to cheak out well
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok boomer
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why is it that angry morons always love to hear themselves talk?

"Unlubed assfucking"? It's a TV show on a primarily kids network, edgelord.
View Quote
Of course it is a kid’s show.  SW has ALWAYS sold to kids. Those toys in 1977 were pure genius. SW has also had overt adult themes and arcs.

Things like smoking Jawas was an adult action while Boda sucking down the frog thing was for kids as was the egg sucking. Even the appearance of Boda was developed to appeal to adult females.

SW should always balance the force to balance the books and so far it appears they have done that with this show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
What has you wound up so tight, mom buy the wrong hot pockets or something?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't read the whole thread, but I like what I've seen so far.

Are there any books that give more details about the Mandalorians?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good question. I'd read them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

There are several Mandalorian story arcs in the Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows, though.

If you're dead-set on reading, you can start here https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalorian and follow the links to related articles.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Show us on the doll where Disney touched you.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dF3WsBMDL.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show us on the doll where Disney touched you.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41dF3WsBMDL.jpg
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Just watched the first two episodes.  I liked it!  Not very CGIish and the story is good so far.  The protagonist is like some sort of futuristic knight.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I will say I am loving how we get an episode a week. Its fun to come on and see everyones thoughts and reactions after each episode compared to having to finish the entire series first so everything isnt ruined.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#18]
'The Mandalorian' Cast Reacts to Baby Yoda
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#19]
The cast (whom haven't been seen in the show interacting with baby Yoda yet) talking about interacting with him pretty much confirms that he's a continuous huge part of the show.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The cast (whom haven't been seen in the show interacting with baby Yoda yet) talking about interacting with him pretty much confirms that he's a continuous huge part of the show.
View Quote
You don't think these folks would play with the remote control baby yoda off scene?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You don't think these folks would play with the remote control baby yoda off scene?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would the baby Yoda have been operated near the foundry scene or the scene with the doctor during filming (the two actors who commented on interacting with it)?

Hint: because there's more scenes...
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why would the baby Yoda have been operated near the foundry scene or the scene with the doctor during filming (the two actors who commented on interacting with it)?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near?  Near the universal green room half the thing is likely shot in?

Your conclusion may well be correct but your reasoning is flawed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m getting Disney+ after Christmas and binging the Mandalorian for New Year’s. That sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
What a dumb cunt. Apparently she completely missed the Mandalorian armorer that forged the pauldron out of the beskar that was clearly a woman just by her voice alone. My God those people are so close-minded they don't even want to see whats so obvious.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What a dumb cunt. Apparently she completely missed the Mandalorian armorer that forged the pauldron out of the beskar that was clearly a woman just by her voice alone. My God those people are so close-minded they don't even want to see what it's so obvious.
View Quote
For those who don’t know it’s the feminist behind Gamer-gate.
Her reply to that was “big deal just 1 I missed” and even if there were 3 or 4 other women in future episodes it’s too late the die is cast
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#28]
While not the Mandalorian I got this today in the mail in the spirit of this thread

Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For those who don’t know it’s the feminist behind Gamer-gate.
Her reply to that was “big deal just 1 I missed” and even if there were 3 or 4 other women in future episodes it’s too late the die is cast
View Quote
Oh that's who that is. My son told me that story back when it broke I didn't quite understand the whole names and everything but I got the gist of the shitstorm that she started
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh that's who that is. My son told me that story back when it broke I didn't quite understand the whole names and everything but I got the gist of the shitstorm that she started
View Quote
It’s also where Milo got his rep as he was a tech writer at the time
Milo Exposes Gamergate (Pt. 2) | Milo Yiannopoulos | POLITICS | Rubin Report
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#31]
So, semi-related question...

If Jango and Boba Fett are not Mandalorians, why are they wearing their armor? I am sure there’s some big Expanded Universe story about it but I didn’t get into a lot of those so withhold your nerd condescension and rage.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If Jango and Boba Fett are not Mandalorians, why are they wearing their armor? I am sure there’s some big Expanded Universe story about it but I didn’t get into a lot of those so withhold your nerd condescension and rage.
View Quote
There isn't a big EU story about it.  The answer is "we don't know."

Likely they stole it (possibly from dead Mandalorians).
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What a dumb cunt. Apparently she completely missed the Mandalorian armorer that forged the pauldron out of the beskar that was clearly a woman just by her voice alone. My God those people are so close-minded they don't even want to see whats so obvious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
She probably didn’t even watch it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s complicated. Gets into the story arc of the history of Mandalorians. He could be Mandalorian in a big way or not at all. It’s not spelled out
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whew. Thanks to you and Carmelbythesea. I am a huge SW fan but I get all kinds of bantha pies thrown at me for not having read and memorized all 935 EU books they published.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If Jango and Boba Fett are not Mandalorians, why are they wearing their armor? I am sure there's some big Expanded Universe story about it but I didn't get into a lot of those so withhold your nerd condescension and rage.
View Quote
We knew back when ESB came out that Fett's armor was Mandalorian, but he wasn't
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whew. Thanks to you and Carmelbythesea. I am a huge SW fan but I get all kinds of bantha pies thrown at me for not having read and memorized all 935 EU books they published.
View Quote
People are passionate about their interests and disagree about things whether it’s football or chili with or without beans.

I’m no expert but I try to identify knowledgeable people and ask their opinions whether it’s naval warfare in the Pacific or here on AR15 in the tech forums. I try not to wear out my welcome but I have pissed off a few people along the road
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Sometimes I wish I had Twitter so I could respond with, "Shut the fuck up you stupid, vapid, cunt!*
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sometimes I wish I had Twitter so I could respond with, "Shut the fuck up you stupid, vapid, cunt!*
View Quote
3,200 people beat you to the punch but she got 1 male feminist from Europe white knighting her
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Jango and Boba Fett are not Mandalorians, why are they wearing their armor? I am sure there's some big Expanded Universe story about it but I didn't get into a lot of those so withhold your nerd condescension and rage.
I knew it was Mandalorian armor. I won’t speak for anyone else but the assumption from that point was that Boba Fett was Mandalorian...

Side note, I really wish I still had my 12” Boba Fett action figure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
3,200 people beat you to the punch but she got 1 male feminist from Europe white knighting her
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. Fuck her.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
While not the Mandalorian I got this today in the mail in the spirit of this thread

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20191121_143440-1168860.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I knew it was Mandalorian armor. I won't speak for anyone else but the assumption from that point was that Boba Fett was Mandalorian...

Side note, I really wish I still had my 12" Boba Fett action figure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew it was Mandalorian armor. I won't speak for anyone else but the assumption from that point was that Boba Fett was Mandalorian...

Side note, I really wish I still had my 12" Boba Fett action figure.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903352

Pre orders for The Mandalorian too.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-hot-toys-905333

Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near includes time.

They don't shoot those scenes at the same time. The doctor and the female Mandalorian wouldn't have been present for the baby Yoda scenes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the EU always worked under the assumption that Jango and Boba were Mandalorians.

The only time (that I’m aware of) that Jangos credentials were questioned was when Obi Wan mentioned Jango to Prime Minister Almec & Almec angrily said Jango wasn’t a Mandalorian on an episode of the Clone Wars.

Considering that Almec was a part of the New Mandalorians, it’s not surprising that he would deny that Jango was a Mandolorian.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Jango was/is mandalorian but not recognized my their government. It's like you were Catholic and the pope excommunicated you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How much do you remember from being an infant or a toddler?

If Baby Yoda is sent back in time at his current level of maturity, he would have no detailed memories of the future.

There is no will of the force. The force is like electricity - it is balanced, it is powerful, but it doesn't have a will of its own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best part about the Mando series is it means nothing to the movies. since there has not been any mention of a little yoda, unless they plan on making it a part of 10, 11, 12.
I beg to differ.

We know nothing of Yoda's origins in the movies, therefore we could be watching Yoda's backstory.

Time travel is a part of the Star Wars universe, therefore it is absolutely not a stretch to put Yoda's birth at the same time as Anakin's, so long as he goes back in time (and doesn't return to the present/future) early enough to not have a continuity issue with what we do know.

Baby Yoda is likely the real Yoda, and ends up using the force to time travel back 800+ years (for his own safety?). No continuity issues, no paradox, no problem.
So Ezra saves Ahsoka by pulling her into the portal, and that is the case for Yoda being able to transport himself back 800+ years? Seems to be a rather sudden increase in the utility of the ability.

I suppose Baby Yoda time traveling backwards, to have experience and wisdom so that he could counsel everyone and then watch the fall of the Jedi order in person makes some sort of sense. Sure, lets not bother telling Qui-gon that his intuition on Anakin being "the Chosen One" to bring balance to the force is not going to go the way Qui-gon thinks it is. Of all the Jedi, Qui-gon would have likely been the only one that would have accepted the notion of time travel.
The perfect time to tell Qui-gon that his belief in Anakin was misplaced would have been in EP1 when Yoda said he sensed much fear in him.

Ironically, since he did not, that would indicate that Yoda believed in the Living Force like Qui-gon, and that the fall of Anakin and the rise of Vader was the will of the force. Ah, but baby Yoda was too young to know any of that and possibly accidentally time traveled.

So, no continuity issues, no paradox, no problems because the force is fatalistic and the movies and Rebels are just some automatons playing their bit piece according to the will of the force. That absolves Rey of being a Mary Sue at least.
How much do you remember from being an infant or a toddler?

If Baby Yoda is sent back in time at his current level of maturity, he would have no detailed memories of the future.

There is no will of the force. The force is like electricity - it is balanced, it is powerful, but it doesn't have a will of its own.
A bit late of a reply. I have memories from when I was 3. Not many though.

And Qui-gon would disagree with you. Considering in the current cannon* he is the 1st Jedi to become one with the Force and maintain a presence as a Force Ghost, then Obi-wan and Yoda were able to do the same after help from Qui-gon.
*in the old cannon, he was the first Jedi in thousands of years to achieve this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

Remember Doc Brown from Back to the Future 3?

1. We know nothing of Yoda's origins, beyond his age.

2. The force balances itself - Baby Yoda born at the same time as Anakin (yin/yang).

3. Time travel exists in Star Wars universe (see Star Wars Rebels).

4. To protect Baby Yoda (and the timeline), Baby Yoda will end up being sent back in time hundreds of years.

5. None of the above violates any continuity in the other movies or TV series.
View Quote
You still have to rely on Legends, aka not canon, for that to work. There is absolutely nothing in current canon that supports your theory.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jango was/is mandalorian but not recognized my their government. It's like you were Catholic and the pope excommunicated you.
View Quote
Can you expand on that? Because I was always under the impression that Boba (and subsequently Jango) Fett was a Mandalorian. I get that there was a line in the Clone Wars dismissing Jango, but if the President disavowed a US citizen for one reasone or another, that person doesn't stop being an American, does it?
Is "Mandalorian" an ethnicity or a religion? Aren't people from Mandalore Mandalorian? Dutchess Satine, Fen Rau, Sabine Wren, everyone else that was introduced in the Clone Wars and Rebels Mandalorian epidodes?
Or is there just no clear cut definition and we'll all find out during this series?
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top