Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good show so far. I'm enjoying it.  The end of the last episode didn't really go as I'd have imagined though.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hnnng

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Haven't seen the episode yet. But if that's a Vizsla then it's a nod to The Clone Wars story arcs. Nice!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good show so far. I'm enjoying it.  The end of the last episode didn't really go as I'd have imagined though.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
When he put his Blaster down and baby Yoda or whatever we are calling him I knew what was going to happen next LOL
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
They come from a militaristic society,  not a bounty hunter society.  The fact they use their combat skills for hunting bounties is circumstantial.

They have a strong code of honor and maybe doing crazy shit to babies goes against that code.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have they rebooted Jango's origin? In the old EU he was from one of the Mandalorian moons IIRC, adopted by Madalorian Jaster Meerel, who was later killed. Jango was the only survivor of a battle against Jedis so he was a bad dude.
View Quote
Disney killed the entire EU, none if it ever happened.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Disney killed the entire EU, none if it ever happened.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, #3 was good. love the anchor shot on the downed trooper. So it looks like the E11 blaster now has a light source added to the foregrip. About time!

Ok here is fats guess on the ending.. The Mandalorian title of the show is not in reference to the main character. It will be in reference to the Yoda child, who will become mando via adoption. So far the show has been BIG on foundlings. And our little green force users is just that.

On another note, its looking like the Lone wolf and cub vibe is sticking. It will be a cool dynamic for the story.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok, #3 was good. love the anchor shot on the downed trooper. So it looks like the E11 blaster now has a light source added to the foregrip. About time!

Ok here is fats guess on the ending.. The Mandalorian title of the show is not in reference to the main character. It will be in reference to the Yoda child, who will become mando via adoption. So far the show has been BIG on foundlings. And our little green force users is just that.

On another note, its looking like the Lone wolf and cub vibe is sticking. It will be a cool dynamic for the story.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Baby Yoda is now a foundling!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215877/kcmyr995l7041-1169693.png
I could go for a tiny MandoYoda.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#13]
So who currently has possession of the dark saber?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hmmm...that's a good question.  The last person that had it (that I'm aware of) was Bo-katan.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hmmm...that's a good question.  The last person that had it (that I'm aware of) was Bo-katan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, she was the last one to have it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup, she was the last one to have it.
View Quote
Hmm with a bit of reading looks as she will be back in another season of Clone Wars that's slated for production.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like merchandising was held back to protect from spoilers but we should be able to buy baby Yoda plushies in time for Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I agree about the length.  This latest one shows a runtime of 38 minutes, but it's 1:38 until the recap and opening credits are done, then there's 5 minutes of credits at the end - it barely makes 30 minutes.  I think the 2nd episode was only 26 minutes of actual, new show.

ETA: 30 minute episodes at 8 episodes for the season really sucks.  Make it 18-20 episodes in the season and the length can be forgiven.
View Quote
Sorry, I’m still sick so I wasn’t able to reply to you last night. Anyway, I agree, Cobra Kai does 36 minute episodes but even it has 10 which is 2 more than the Mandalorian. But it’s not the end of the world, just preferable
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hmm with a bit of reading looks as she will be back in another season of Clone Wars that's slated for production.
View Quote
I'm sure that her appearance in the next season of Clone Wars will just flesh out what was explained in Rebels.

Though, now that we're talking about it, when we met the blacksmith in ep1 I thought to myself "that looks like Bo-katan's armor".

I wonder if the blacksmith is Bo-katan or her child.  And if they're Clan Visla, she may have the darksaber.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hnnng

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
See his IMDB actor credits https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0269463/filmotype/actor
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have they rebooted Jango's origin? In the old EU he was from one of the Mandalorian moons IIRC, adopted by Madalorian Jaster Meerel, who was later killed. Jango was the only survivor of a battle against Jedis so he was a bad dude.
View Quote
Jango killed several Jedi with his bare hands. Duuku (sp?) was at the battle and thats where jango was chosen to be the source for the clone DNA.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Episode 3 directed by Deborah Chow. Hmm.
Havent seen her other stuff but she did good work on ep 3

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215877/Screenshot_20191122-091541_Chrome-1169634.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#25]
So, what purpose does Stormtrooper armor serve?

Doesn't stop melee attacks, even empty handed.
Doesn't stop handgun blasts.
Doesn't stop rifle blasts.
Doesn't stop whistling birds.

So what does it stop, harsh language?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Episode 3 was good.  Dang it, was hoping for 1 hr episodes but as long as they keep making stuff like this... I am good with it.

I might need to buy a baby Yoda for the neighborhood kids for Christmas
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
As long as favreau is the writer I dont care
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Cuntleen Kennedy needs to fuck off and die.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Makes me curious if higher ups made sure she had less involvement. This show so far is night and day compared to TFA and uhhh, whatever the fuck that blue cow tit milk movie was called.

Sure im sure she got some sort of producer cred. A nod to her 'title'in the company if nothing else.

She can still fuck off and die.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So, what purpose does Stormtrooper armor serve?

Doesn't stop melee attacks, even empty handed.
Doesn't stop handgun blasts.
Doesn't stop rifle blasts.
Doesn't stop whistling birds.

So what does it stop, harsh language?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Episode 3 was solid. Awesome scene infiltrating the place where the baby was being held. The scene at the end with all the jetpacks was a little cheesy, seemed kind of excessive and prequel-esque. Still a great series overall, and probably the most fun episode so far.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Makes me curious if higher ups made sure she had less involvement. This show so far is night and day compared to TFA and uhhh, whatever the fuck that blue cow tit milk movie was called.

Sure im sure she got some sort of producer cred. A nod to her 'title'in the company if nothing else.

She can still fuck off and die.
View Quote
She made herself look dumb during the El Capitan premiere constantly referring to herself in connection to the Mandalorian compared to everyone else there referring to Favreau. She has no shame or self awareness. Desperation is not a good look
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Episode 3 was solid. Awesome scene infiltrating the place where the baby was being held. The scene at the end with all the jetpacks was a little cheesy, seemed kind of excessive and prequel-esque. Still a great series overall, and probably the most fun episode so far.
View Quote
My guess is they’re trying to entertain the kids ROTJ style, as all the previous stuff parents brought their kids to make Star Wars a draw for a new generation failed to capture younger audiences attention Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I havent seen ep3 yet, but that's encouraging on a number of levels.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My guess is they’re trying to entertain the kids ROTJ style, as all the previous stuff parents brought their kids to make Star Wars a draw for a new generation failed to capture younger audiences attention https://i0.wp.com/fanfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/porg.gif?resize=399%2C192 https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/64497287-6C87-44A7-B16A-C4FFE06AB6C6_jpeg-1169899.JPG
View Quote
My kids are hooked mandalorian.   Couldn't give two cares about the new ones.  They like the originals and prequels
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/11/the-mandalorian-episode-three-recap

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Looks like merchandising was held back to protect from spoilers but we should be able to buy baby Yoda plushies in time for Christmas.
View Quote
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/baby-yoda-merchandise-1203412147/

Now I want a shirt with this graphic on it.

Maybe some black market versions here:
https://www.vulture.com/article/baby-yoda-gift-guide.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone want to speculate on why the Mando clan would still be in hiding with the empire destroyed? I just don't see any threat to them since they can roam the streets freely.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Star Wars Rebels is canon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Man-DeLorean Theory

Baby Yoda is Yoda

Remember Doc Brown from Back to the Future 3?

1. We know nothing of Yoda's origins, beyond his age.

2. The force balances itself - Baby Yoda born at the same time as Anakin (yin/yang).

3. Time travel exists in Star Wars universe (see Star Wars Rebels).

4. To protect Baby Yoda (and the timeline), Baby Yoda will end up being sent back in time hundreds of years.

5. None of the above violates any continuity in the other movies or TV series.
You still have to rely on Legends, aka not canon, for that to work. There is absolutely nothing in current canon that supports your theory.
Star Wars Rebels is canon.
But doesn't show someone returning to the past and staying there. Just Ezra pulling Ashoka out of time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone want to speculate on why the Mando clan would still be in hiding with the empire destroyed? I just don't see any threat to them since they can roam the streets freely.
View Quote
I would say because they have limited numbers. I mean they're tough but they're not invincible.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, based on non-canon Legends content, they haven't exactly been anyone's favorite group of people for a few thousand years. But for the desire of conquest, Mando's have largely kept to themselves. I still have to watch Ep3, my speculation may change based on what I see.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some thread readers haven’t seen the show or the episode https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/mandalorian-spoilers.gif?w=372&h=209
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my! That was the best episode yet! Loved all the Mandalorians coming in on jetpacks at the end.
Some thread readers haven’t seen the show or the episode https://brobible.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/mandalorian-spoilers.gif?w=372&h=209
It's in the thread title
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's in the thread title
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my! That was the best episode yet! Loved all the Mandalorians coming in on jetpacks at the end.
It's in the thread title
Still, I think it's nice to use spoiler tags or wait at least a day before posting spoilers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
Added tags. Might want to edit your post now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Shop Disney has listed Mandalorian stuff today but I think the unofficial stuff on Etsy looks better. Here’s some Disney Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Loving the look of the heavy gunner's armor.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone else notice the big metal pole leaning against the wall in the alley, during the scene when Mando finds the baby carriage in the dumpster? Same big metal pole that Luke and Leia attempt to block the trash compactor with in A New Hope.

It seems like they are building up to a reveal about who rescues Mando as a boy, right as that battle droid is about to kill him, who do you bet saves his ass? Either going to be a Mandalorian, or even Obi Wan (if they decide to tie in some clone wars stuff)
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top