Quoted:

It was great.  You could tell who was the PFC and who was the SPC/Corporal
View Quote
True {CPL is NCO so I’d say SPC 4}
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They'll die before removing their helmets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thinking about the pile of armor, I don’t think the Mandos died.  I think they removed their armor and blended in with the populous and disappeared.  I thought the armorsmith mentioned something like that.
They'll die before removing their helmets.
There seems to be some flexibility here
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s a 48 min show but I wish they made it seems like hours transpired in the tunnels to fit the bacta timeline IG 11 gave because Mando recovered in 5 minutes show time
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So is Moff Gideon a former Mandalorian or did he just take that Darksaber from a Mandalorian he killed?
View Quote
No he’s a former imperial intelligence officer promoted to Moff, never a Mandalorian and I hate losing Herzog in the show but Esposito is a good actor so at least we have him in the bad guy role now. Sucks losing Nick Nolte too. I think the well known actors, acting has given weight to the show
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It’s a 408 min show but I wish they made it seems like hours transpired in the tunnels to fit the bacta timeline IG 11 gave because Mando recovered in 5 minutes show time
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a 408 min show but I wish they made it seems like hours transpired in the tunnels to fit the bacta timeline IG 11 gave because Mando recovered in 5 minutes show time
Click To View Spoiler
There was a scene cut in the tunnels and after that Cara commented about the tunnels being a maze.  I suspect they were walking in circles for quite a while.

I’ve only watched ep 8 on my iPad so can’t wait to watch it in 4k on my home theater tonight.  I suspect there are lots of details to see.  Like the shots being consumed...  
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What a great episode. As soon as I saw Moff Gideon cutting his way out with the Dark Sabre... I was like wow!

Plus let's not forget baby hands and the look on YBs face when he was on the speeder bike with IG-11...
View Quote
Those jawas beat feet
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a great episode. As soon as I saw Moff Gideon cutting his way out with the Dark Sabre... I was like wow!

Plus let's not forget baby hands and the look on YBs face when he was on the speeder bike with IG-11...
Those jawas beat feet
Click To View Spoiler
Yeah, they got the hell out of there.

Notice the proportions of the Moff in comparison to the size of the tie fighter.  They botched that up badly.  Oh well.  I’m too picky.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Notice the proportions of the Moff in comparison to the size of the tie fighter.  They botched that up badly.  Oh well.  I’m too picky.
View Quote
they did?  I thought it was always a really small one-man fighter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not saying his helmet was in there, I have no idea.  I'm just saying it was a bad ass scene.  Watching the storm troopers helmet disintegrate was quite satisfying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, a still I can examine.  I don't see the Heavy's helmet, so maybe he's alive...I can't imagine him missing out on the fight, but I'll go with my pipe dream that he heroically got the Mando kids out safe.
When the Armorer went all River Tam on the Storm Troopers.
The three helmets on the work bench?  None of those look quite right for his helmet.
I'm not saying his helmet was in there, I have no idea.  I'm just saying it was a bad ass scene.  Watching the storm troopers helmet disintegrate was quite satisfying.
Got it, it read like a response on the fate of Heavy Mando.

I thought the shattering helmet faceplates were fucking brutally awesome.  Hammer and tongs FTW!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is, but not that small.  The proportions look very off to me, and with my touch of OCD I notice stupid little stuff like that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I battle myself with my nitpicking trying to rationalize what’s worth nitpicking over but other than a couple scenes the ships in the show haven’t been CGI’d well. Hopefully they work on that. The Witcher show is firing their CGI and getting a new company for season 2
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is, but not that small.  The proportions look very off to me, and with my touch of OCD I notice stupid little stuff like that.
View Quote
You must really have a hard time watching any Marvel movies with The Hulk, lol.  His constantly changing scale drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I battle myself with my nitpicking trying to rationalize what’s worth nitpicking over but other than a couple scenes the ships in the show haven’t been CGI’d well. Hopefully they work on that. The Witcher show is firing their CGI and getting a new company for season 2
View Quote
I couldn't sleep last night and one of the times I was wandering around the house trying to stay out of the fridge I realized the new episode had dropped.

Watching it with the kids this morning was a lot more fun, I don't nit-pick and the corny sorta-clever parts, like bad-shooting scouts, was a big hit.  It's a good show, but with little kids it's a GREAT show.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You must really have a hard time watching any Marvel movies with The Hulk, lol.  His constantly changing scale drives me nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, it is annoying.  Perhaps it just depends on how Swoll he is at any given time.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I couldn't sleep last night and one of the times I was wandering around the house trying to stay out of the fridge I realized the new episode had dropped.

Watching it with the kids this morning was a lot more fun, I don't nit-pick and the corny sorta-clever parts, like bad-shooting scouts, was a big hit.  It's a good show, but with little kids it's a GREAT show.
View Quote
Yeah, ultimately this show is for the kids not me. I’m glad my kids have some Star Wars to enjoy. I had mine, time for a new generation. My Mom took me to Mann’s Chinese theater in Hollywood in 1977. I’ll never forget that day
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was up to go to the bathroom at 2:20 and realized, holy crap it’s on!  Stayed up and watched it till 3.

The scene that got me the most was when they have destroyed the tie fighter and little BY walks up to Mando and hugs his leg and looks up at him and smiles.  The feels...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was up to go to the bathroom at 2:20 and realized, holy crap it's on!  Stayed up and watched it till 3.

The scene that got me the most was when they have destroyed the tie fighter and little BY walks up to Mando and hugs his leg and looks up at him and smiles.  The feels...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I battle myself with my nitpicking trying to rationalize what's worth nitpicking over but other than a couple scenes the ships in the show haven't been CGI'd well. Hopefully they work on that. The Witcher show is firing their CGI and getting a new company for season 2

I was up to go to the bathroom at 2:20 and realized, holy crap it's on!  Stayed up and watched it till 3.

Baby Yoda's most powerful force ability is feels.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I battle myself with my nitpicking trying to rationalize what's worth nitpicking over but other than a couple scenes the ships in the show haven't been CGI'd well. Hopefully they work on that. The Witcher show is firing their CGI and getting a new company for season 2

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, ultimately this show is for the kids not me. I’m glad my kids have some Star Wars to enjoy. I had mine, time for a new generation. My Mom took me to Mann’s Chinese theater in Hollywood in 1977. I’ll never forget that day https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/768x433/2015/12/star_wars_manns_chinese_theater.jpg
View Quote
I turned 2 in '77 and I don't remember the first time I saw A New Hope.  I do remember watching ESB in the theater though, I had to put my napkin over my eyes during the abominable snowman scene.

A few years ago I watched the first two movies with my then 5 year old son, it was the best movie experience since I saw ESB at that age.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Wish they did this scene slightly better
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#22]
That. Was. Awesome.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#23]
What’s great about that scene is despite using the force he can still be excited like all little kids
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What’s great about that scene is despite using the force he can still be excited like all little kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7If3EqeDk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What’s great about that scene is despite using the force he can still be excited like all little kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7If3EqeDk
The show is just so wonderfully written.  It has brought the wonder back to Star Wars.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Apollo Creed is the only one on the show that looks like he's having a lot of fun.  The rest are making this a serious Eastwood-esqe western and he comes in booming and laughing.  I love it, good character.
View Quote
Look be having all these great actors in the show, casting is usually pathetic in Hollywood but I think Mandalorian brought in a lot of serious actors like Clancy Brown, Herzog, Nick Nolte, Esposito
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yup. Loved it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yup. Loved it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I turned 2 in '77 and I don't remember the first time I saw A New Hope.  I do remember watching ESB in the theater though, I had to put my napkin over my eyes during the abominable snowman scene.

A few years ago I watched the first two movies with my then 5 year old son, it was the best movie experience since I saw ESB at that age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ultimately this show is for the kids not me. I’m glad my kids have some Star Wars to enjoy. I had mine, time for a new generation. My Mom took me to Mann’s Chinese theater in Hollywood in 1977. I’ll never forget that day https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/768x433/2015/12/star_wars_manns_chinese_theater.jpg

I was 11 when Star Wars came out. The Mandalorian makes me fill 11 again, it's great.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow.

Vislas/Death Watch
Dark saber
Death blossom
Minigun blaster

No real cliffhanger, instead simply more unanswered questions that drives entertaining speculation.

10/10

I need to forge a Beskar hammer.  The bearded flat face doesn't really make sense, I guess it could work as a flatter but I suspect they just wanted a similar look as a bearded axe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He was an Imperial Security Bureau agent during the purge. The ISB is the Empire's Stasi.
View Quote
Yeah, a better explanation than mine
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Gamorreans, now?  Interesting, to see the many places in the lore that Favreau is taking us.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#35]
No reveal on the spur wearing character though...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
At first I thought I didn’t want to see Boba Fett drug into this show.

With all of the explanation of Mandalorian creed/ways/honor etc, and knowing that Fett was essentially a stolen valor mercenary wearing the armor unaffiliated with the true mandalorians, it might be interesting to see him show up. Having to face a guy who is pretty much wearing the sacred armor of Mando’s people while doing vile shit might make for a cool story arc
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah the beskar hammer vs those helmets scene was pretty sweet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, a still I can examine.  I don't see the Heavy's helmet, so maybe he's alive...I can't imagine him missing out on the fight, but I'll go with my pipe dream that he heroically got the Mando kids out safe.
When the Armorer went all River Tam on the Storm Troopers.
The three helmets on the work bench?  None of those look quite right for his helmet.
Yeah the beskar hammer vs those helmets scene was pretty sweet.
Ah, I missed that the war hammer was beskar, but of course it makes sense. Even better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#39]
This is something straight out of the comics.

Giancarlo Esposito being the ruthless motherfucker he is.

Greef doing shoots had me like

Mando finally got his jetpack.

Scout Troopers

Baby Yoda

I can't love this show enough.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Scout Troopers

Baby Yoda

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]
The Scout Troopers were like a scene out of the Family Guy Star Wars episodes
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#42]
This is something that I forgot until the last episode, but Mando's family was apparently killed by Separatist droids? Wonder what planet he's from.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Uuuggghhhhh I can't wait that long!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At first I thought I didn't want to see Boba Fett drug into this show.

With all of the explanation of Mandalorian creed/ways/honor etc, and knowing that Fett was essentially a stolen valor mercenary wearing the armor unaffiliated with the true mandalorians, it might be interesting to see him show up. Having to face a guy who is pretty much wearing the sacred armor of Mando's people while doing vile shit might make for a cool story arc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At first I thought I didn't want to see Boba Fett drug into this show.

With all of the explanation of Mandalorian creed/ways/honor etc, and knowing that Fett was essentially a stolen valor mercenary wearing the armor unaffiliated with the true mandalorians, it might be interesting to see him show up. Having to face a guy who is pretty much wearing the sacred armor of Mando's people while doing vile shit might make for a cool story arc
Yes, it would be.

I'm really, really interested in where that dark saber ends up.  So many implications with that 5 second appearance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Excellent episode.  I have to change my mind and declare ep 8 the best of the series.

Did they save money by just using footage of mando from the GOT’s fight vs the mountain?

Gina’s cara was great.  I miss quill and IG.

Really well done first season and I’m really glad mando will be traveling the galaxy looking for Jedi.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL very true.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Is the darksaber just a standard lightsaber with a black blade? It looked like it had some curve, and the shape of a real blade. Like it’s a beskar sword, with a sheath of lightsaber energy around it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Scout Troopers

Baby Yoda

View Quote
Baby Yoda receiving official foundling status
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Excellent episode.  I have to change my mind and declare ep 8 the best of the series.

Did they save money by just using footage of mando from the GOT’s fight vs the mountain?

Gina’s cara was great.  I miss quill and IG.

Really well done first season and I’m really glad mando will be traveling the galaxy looking for Jedi.
View Quote
See, I was under the impression he's looking for BY species, not for the Jedi.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LOL very true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL very true.
Imagine a one off 40 min episode in the every day life of a stormtrooper directed by Waititi. I would watch it.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top