BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 58
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this the one the guy has raised about 300 million for through crowdfunding?
View Quote

That's Star Citizen, and it's double that.  600 million.

Star citizen is multi-player with a single player companion game though.  Starfield is only single player.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You mean the space game where leaving a planet or landing on a planet requires cut scenes?

Naw I am good.

The leaks that came out managed to confirm they cannot even get No Man's sky type planetary exploration entering and exiting the atmosphere correct.

Just another Re-todd Howard hype fest.

View Quote

Entering/exiting atmosphere got very repetive and boring in no mans sky.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to mention the monotonous resource farming for literally everything with absolutely no story.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
lol I am not playing a Bathesda game at launch. I will wait 6 months for patches and community made mods to make the game what it should be. My backlog is huge at the moment anyways.
View Quote

This. I'm taking it slow playing through Baldur's Gate 3 right now, and I will probably be doing a full playthrough of Cyberpunk after Phantom Liberty comes out.  I'm in no rush to get Starfield.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't think I'll ever play another Bethesda game after Fallout 76. The bugs and glitches that were slowly or never addressed.
View Quote
If Starfield sucks, it will.  I have not preordered and I am waiting for some reviews first.  I hope it's amazing but I am going to make sure before I spend my money.

All humans make mistakes though and sometimes those same humans who made a horrible mistake, go on to do something amazing.  I don't boycott a dev or whatever because they fucked up.  That can only hurt me and cause me to miss out on a great game they might have created later, after having learned from that mistake.

Also, FO76 was pretty bad at launch and now it's a pretty good game.  It took a long time and a lot of work.  I am not saying it's a game that is going to go down the history books as one of the best, it isn't.  It also isn't a complete recovery miracle like NMS was. But they fixed it and it's a completely different experience now.  A much better one.  Credit for correcting a mistake is warranted just as equally as criticism.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope there is something similar

http://www.planetb.net/livejournal/adoringfan-adoring.gif

View Quote

That takes me back!  I remember being amazed at the physics in Oblivion after I killed a wolf and watched it realisticly roll down a hill.    The opening section of Oblivion was masterful and really drew me into the game.

Now I take a wait and see approach.  I see a general downward trend in the quests since oblivion.  Name one questline in their games that compares to the thieves guild or dark brotherhood, or heck, mages guild and fighters guild questlines?  Thieves guild and dark brotherhood in Oblivion are among the best in any game ever so I can see not living up to that standard.  But even the mages and fighter's guild questlines are better than anything in the subsequent games.  I say that as someone who loves the world of Skyrim and Fallout 4. They're still masters of crafting worlds but with 1000 planets or whatever how well crafted could they possibly be?  

Unfortunately I suspect this is more Daggerfall in space than Oblivion in space.  Daggerfall being a great game in its own right, but if the quests suck and the exploration sucks...
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#7]
My copy is through the AMD CPU/GPU bundle sale, so others like me probably won't be able to download until tomorrow.

I got the Premium Edition Starfield bundled with an AMD 6700XT for $230 off Amazon. I'm still trying to finish Baldur's Gate 3.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Probably going to let some friends try it out first before I decide.
View Quote

Yeah, people who pre-purchase encourage and enable bad games.  Make the company work for it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not to mention the monotonous resource farming for literally everything with absolutely no story.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've added a lot of stuff but it's still rather thin in that aspect.

The best thing about No Man's Sky are the expeditions.  They're usually quite good.  

Once the exploration is boring and you've made your awesome bases that's where it's at.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That takes me back!  I remember being amazed at the physics in Oblivion after I killed a wolf and watched it realisticly roll down a hill.    The opening section of Oblivion was masterful and really drew me into the game.

Now I take a wait and see approach.  I see a general downward trend in the quests since oblivion.  Name one questline in their games that compares to the thieves guild or dark brotherhood, or heck, mages guild and fighters guild questlines?  Thieves guild and dark brotherhood in Oblivion are among the best in any game ever so I can see not living up to that standard.  But even the mages and fighter's guild questlines are better than anything in the subsequent games.  I say that as someone who loves the world of Skyrim and Fallout 4. They're still masters of crafting worlds but with 1000 planets or whatever how well crafted could they possibly be?  

Unfortunately I suspect this is more Daggerfall in space than Oblivion in space.  Daggerfall being a great game in its own right, but if the quests suck and the exploration sucks...
View Quote

I actually liked oblivion least out of it,  morrowind  and skyrim
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, people who pre-purchase encourage and enable bad games.  Make the company work for it.
View Quote

dude it's day 1 on gamepass.. buy a month for $11 for console edition or $17 for ultimate if you have an xbox or a pc and play it.
You don't have to front the cost of the game.. $11 for the base edition day one.

Do none of you people here not know about this??
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

dude it's day 1 on gamepass.. buy a month for $11 for console edition or $17 for ultimate if you have an xbox or a pc and play it.
You don't have to front the cost of the game.. $11 for the base edition day one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention the PILE of other great, proven games you'll then have, even if Starfield crashes and burns.

Really good indie titles on there as well. It brings me all kinds of things I'd never even heard of.

For the price of one fast food meal each month. It's nuts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm so MFing ready that I bought a whole rig just to play lol.

4090, i9-13900k, H9 elite, ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, samsung 990 2 TB, DDR5 Trident Z5 64GB
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not to mention the PILE of other great, proven games you'll then have, even if Starfield crashes and burns.

Really good indie titles on there as well. It brings me all kinds of things I'd never even heard of.

View Quote

Its awesome if you have kids,  they are bored?  just scroll through 100 games,  they pick one.  You don't even have to download 99% of them,  just stream it instantly.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have Xbox Live on my PC and the download speeds are 30mb/s to download so I don't bother. Steam and the other launchers hit 300-600mb/s download for me.

It could be because I only tried Halo Infinite, though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Will wait for the Steam sale. Already have a huge backlog of stuff I haven't played yet.

Bethesda no longer has my full confidence. I was a die hard after Daggerfall and Future Shock.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I am ready

Quoted:

Game pass is frankly amazing.

One of the best deals in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NGL, broke my rule and preordered the fancy version so I could play 5 days early (and the expansion of course).

Also took a day off from work for an extra long weekend and got a Homer bucket under the desk along with a 12pk of jolt cola. I'm ready

Same with the preorder/ preload.  
I was going to do the xbox gamepass thingy but renting games just feels weird.  Rather the buy once cry once on a game that I'll likely come back to a few times.

Fingers crossed for this one. After my hype and letdown for cyberpunk Im really trying not to get excited for this at all.  Rather be pleasantly surprised.

Game pass is frankly amazing.

One of the best deals in the world.

Quoted:

Yup, one of the best deals in the world, for sure.

I thank God Game Pass didn't exist when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the free version downloaded for Sept 6.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean the space game where leaving a planet or landing on a planet requires cut scenes?

Naw I am good.

The leaks that came out managed to confirm they cannot even get No Man's sky type planetary exploration entering and exiting the atmosphere correct.

Just another Re-todd Howard hype fest.

NMS in VR is still pretty awesome, even though the graphics aren't great.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

4090, i9-13900k, H9 elite, ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, samsung 990 2 TB, DDR5 Trident Z5 64GB
View Quote

That's a sick setup.

I'll be on a 6700XT, i-5 12600k, MSI Z790 Tomahawk, Samsung 980 Pro 2Tb, DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro 32Gb. I'm upgrading to an i9-13900k and water cooling next year.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm jealous. I currently have a 10700k with a 360mm AIO and a EVGA 3080ftw3. I am building a 13900k with a 4090 and a full custom loop but just couldn't get it done in time for Starfield.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No, I'm not paying $30 extra to get it 5 days early.
View Quote
This, Fallout 76 was so bad Im waiting
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

people just must not be aware.. it's a shame because there's so much good stuff on there. For the cost of a big mac meal a month.. crazy good value.
I think people are just stuck in that sony mindset of buy full price and hope for the best. Too bad more don't know about it.
Most of the "i'll wait" replies are probably oblivious that they can play the game plus hundreds of others for the cost of 2 coffees from starbucks, not $70+ tax.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
lol I am not playing a Bathesda game at launch. I will wait 6 months for patches and community made mods to make the game what it should be. My backlog is huge at the moment anyways.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

people just must not be aware.. it's a shame because there's so much good stuff on there. For the cost of a big mac meal a month.. crazy good value.
I think people are just stuck in that sony mindset of buy full price and hope for the best. Too bad more don't know about it.
Most of the "i'll wait" replies are probably oblivious that they can play the game plus hundreds of others for the cost of 2 coffees from starbucks, not $70+ tax.
View Quote
Game pass is great to test a game out and to play games you feel meh about.  It does rotate games and take them down though.  As such, if there is a game that I know is going to be huge for me (like this one if it doesn't shit the bed), I direct buy it.  I don't want to have in the back of my mind that a game that is a big deal for me, can go away whenever it wants.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone following Adam Savage's Starfield ship model build? Pretty neat.
Adam Savage Builds a REAL Starfield Starship!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Game pass is great to test a game out and to play games you feel meh about.  It does rotate games and take them down though.  As such, if there is a game that I know is going to be huge for me (like this one if it doesn't shit the bed), I direct buy it.  I don't want to have in the back of my mind that a game that is a big deal for me, can go away whenever it wants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They tend to stay in rotation fairly long... most never get rotated out.

And your saves and whatnot are kept anyway... so on the off chance a game you want to be playing for months or years DOES go away, you can just buy it then (and probably for cheaper since it is old now) and have all your progress.

I've used Gamepass for years (since around launch)... and I play a lot. I've never had a game go away that I was still playing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone following Adam Savage's Starfield ship model build? Pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuM_1xSQCFw
View Quote

That's pretty cool!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Gonna reload Bg3 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I've still got to finish Armored Core 6. I have game pass so I'll give it a go in a week or two provided it doesn't crash and burn before that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've still got to finish Armored Core 6. I have game pass so I'll give it a go in a week or two provided it doesn't crash and burn before that.
View Quote

I'm definitely looking forward to playing AC6.

Just so much on my list.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They tend to stay in rotation fairly long... most never get rotated out.

And your saves and whatnot are kept anyway... so on the off chance a game you want to be playing for months or years DOES go away, you can just buy it then (and probably for cheaper since it is old now) and have all your progress.

I've used Gamepass for years (since around launch)... and I play a lot. I've never had a game go away that I was still playing.
View Quote
Games do get rotated out.  I have had 2 that was playing that did it.  My issue is that if I am going to buy a game, it's going to be on steam as that is where the vast majority of my library is.  Sometimes trying to get a save game transferred over from game pass to work on steam can be a royal pain or impossible.  Depending on how the specific game does local saves.

Game pass is awesome and imagine for console players it's perfect.  I wish there was a steam version of it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just so much on my list.
View Quote

I haven't even touched BG3 yet, either.   That one needs some dedicated sit down weekends.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I haven't even touched BG3 yet, either.   That one needs some dedicated sit down weekends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so much on my list.

I'm not a huge fantasy-type fan... so thankfully that one isn't on my list.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Between the PSN monthly games, my PS catalog(something like 80+ games) and my Steam library(350+ games)

I'm already rotating through and playing F1 2023, PGA 2K23, The Division 2 on my PS.

On my PC: Microsoft Flight Sim, Children of a Dead Earth, Stronghold Crusader, Age of Empires 2 and Rise of Nations.(The last 3 have several thousand hours over the last 2 decades.)

Access to more games isn't a selling point for me.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Between the PSN monthly games, my PS catalog(something like 80+ games) and my Steam library(350+ games)

I'm already rotating through and playing F1 2023, PGA 2K23, The Division 2 on my PS.

On my PC: Microsoft Flight Sim, Children of a Dead Earth, Stronghold Crusader, Age of Empires 2 and Rise of Nations.(The last 3 have several thousand hours over the last 2 decades.)

Access to more games isn't a selling point for me.

View Quote

for a lot of these guys here who are unaware, it could be.
There are a lot of benefits of gamepass.. I like being able to move from the computer to my couch or tablet to play games instead of sitting in a computer chair for hours on end.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Going to go with my standard Bethesda procedure to wait 6+ months to get the real system specs for running everything well and to give modders a chance to fix the broken stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I pre ordered and already downloaded it.
Nothing left to do but hit the play button at 1700 tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
NGL, broke my rule and preordered the fancy version so I could play 5 days early (and the expansion of course).

Also took a day off from work for an extra long weekend and got a Homer bucket under the desk along with a 12pk of jolt cola. I'm ready
View Quote
I also took Friday off from work and paid for premium edition.  I have game pass but upgraded for premium early access and dlc.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Bethesda?

No patches?

Lol I’ll wait for the GOTY, Anniversary, Gold, Remaster 10 years from now when it is actually not bug filled, glitch fest.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm jealous. I currently have a 10700k with a 360mm AIO and a EVGA 3080ftw3. I am building a 13900k with a 4090 and a full custom loop but just couldn't get it done in time for Starfield.
View Quote
I did something similar last year, but crammed it all in a SFF ssupd meshlicious

i9-12900k, 3080ti ftw3 with a 280mm AIO lol

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I told myself i was going to wait. I told myself i was not going to pay $100 for the deluxe version. I tell myself a lot of things that i never end up doing

I'm a sucker for space combat. I felt like it was the one thing missing from The Outer Worlds.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so much on my list.

This is the best year for gaming in a while. Tons of great games in a variety of genres.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is the best year for gaming in a while. Tons of great games in a variety of genres.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just so much on my list.

yep
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#45]
PSA: Green Man Gaming is selling Steam keys for 17% off.

They're sending out codes now, too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#46]
You will own nothing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

About a month ago I went back to FO76 for the first time since launch.  (Bored inbetween Tarkov wipes and got desperate for something different)  

76 is a blast now.  Totally different game from the trash they initially put out.  Level 128 so far and plan on sticking with it for awhile.
View Quote

Big change with the Wastelanders update where they got away from the original "No NPCs!" thing. Having groups and factions come to Appalachia livened up things a bit.

Big problem right now is energy weapons and flamers on robots are one tap instakill. After all this time, when Bethesda goes to patch or update one thing, they bring back a necrobug from dozens of versions earlier.

Bethesda being Bethesda, I think I will still purchase the digital premium edition and start it downloading tonight so I can play during the long weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I think my X-Box is set to download it through Gamepass. I'll double check tonight.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Space X isn’t moving fast enough so.

It’s probably the closest I will ever get to exploring the stars so yes, I’m preloaded, ready for lift off and hoping it doesn’t suck.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#50]
30$ extra when I haven't even finished BG3? No thanks.
Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top