Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 58
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope it's janky Bethesda garbage, that's unironically fun as hell.

The weirdest thing about this is how little information has actually been available. That's probably not a good thing and I'm expecting Fallout 3 level story and ending as a result.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Have gamepass but i'll gladly pay 30 to be able to play over a super long weekend.  I rarely get to play anything at all so its a perfect storm of release date and life timing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The weirdest thing about this is how little information has actually been available. That's probably not a good thing and I'm expecting Fallout 3 level story and ending as a result.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173755/TEu9E7u_png-2937613.JPG
View Quote

I’ve got a few hundred hours into FO3, and never came close to “finishing” the main story line.

I don’t play these games for the storyline.

The only concern I have for Starfield is this bit about having to recruit a crew for your ship, I HATE companions and party-RPG’s.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im gonna wait to see how woke it is.  BG3 started slipping in trannies in act3,  I'd imagine this game will have trannies out the gate.
View Quote

Goddamnit, I'm only on Act 2 and it's bad enough that I'm stuck romancing Karlach.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’ve got a few hundred hours into FO3, and never came close to “finishing” the main story line.

The only concern I have for Starfield is this bit about having to recruit a crew for your ship, I HATE companions and party-RPG’s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173755/TEu9E7u_png-2937613.JPG

I have a few hundred hours in Skyrim and never finished the main story. Same with every FO game after 2.

I did finish Morrowind and Oblivion, though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Goddamnit, I'm only on Act 2 and it's bad enough that I'm stuck romancing Karlach.
View Quote

BG3 literally had a tranny as a necromancer at a carnival sideshow trying to teach skeletons to dance. A sideshow that was using ghouls for security, thieving djinni, and where you get ambushed by doppelgangers who murdered a clown. It was hardly a love letter to trannies.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I must be strange, I've played many Bethesda games day 1, and never had a game breaking bug.

Heck, even Cyberpunk 2077 worked fine.
View Quote
Now that you mention it, same. I've seen some incredibly funny shit in their games, but nothing remotely game breaking that I can think of.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a few hundred hours in Skyrim and never finished the main story. Same with every FO game after 2.

I did finish Morrowind and Oblivion, though.
View Quote

I think Morrowind is the only one I finished as well, it always amuses me that they still call you Outlander when you’re basically a god
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Constellation Edition literally just arrived.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/znMEEYr.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif

The watch is sweet.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Nah... Bethesda used to be one of my favorite developers but they've pulled some EA level shenanigans the past few years so I don't pre-order their games anymore.

Besides, I'm kind of going to wait for confirmation if there really is 1000 inhabitant worlds or if it's 2 inhabitant worlds and 998 worlds with a cabin on them. I mean Todd Howard said there's 1000 inhabitant worlds but you can't trust a fucking thing that guy says. I mean he did say Skyrim has a functioning economy that you could disrupt and your decisions in game would affect the world and that there were ants and insects in the world. What we got instead was absolutely no economy, decisions that didn't matter and one stump in the starting town  with an animated gif of ants on it that we never saw again.

Not to mention those motherfuckers made both Fallout and The Elder Scrolls multiplayer when they should have never been multiplayer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nah... Bethesda used to be one of my favorite developers but they've pulled some EA level shenanigans the past few years so I don't pre-order their games anymore.

Besides, I'm kind of going to wait for confirmation if there really is 1000 inhabitant worlds or if it's 2 inhabitant worlds and 998 worlds with a cabin on them. I mean Todd Howard said there's 1000 inhabitant worlds but you can't trust a fucking thing that guy says. I mean he did say Skyrim has a functioning economy that you could disrupt and your decisions in game would affect the world and that there were ants and insects in the world. What we got instead was absolutely no economy, decisions that didn't matter and one stump in the starting town that had a stump with an animated gif of ants on it that we never saw again.

Not to mention those motherfuckers made both Fallout and The Elder Scrolls multiplayer when they should have never been multiplayer.
View Quote

It’s known that only about 10% of the planets will have life.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides, I'm kind of going to wait for confirmation if there really is 1000 inhabitant worlds or if it's 2 inhabitant worlds and 998 worlds with a cabin on them. I mean Todd Howard said there's 1000 inhabitant worlds but you can't trust a fucking thing that guy says. I mean he did say Skyrim has a functioning economy that you could disrupt and your decisions in game would affect the world and that there were ants and insects in the world. What we got instead was absolutely no economy, decisions that didn't matter and one stump in the starting town that had a stump with an animated gif of ants on it that we never saw again.

Then why say 1000 worlds. What utter bullshit. Guess I won't be buying this game just like I didn't buy No Man's Land because it was the same bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Then why say 1000 worlds. What utter bullshit. Guess I won't be buying this game just like I didn't buy No Man's Land because it was the same bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too be fair, we know of a lot more worlds IRL that don't have life than those that do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Is there an end game to this game?

Like Starflight/Starflight 2 in the 80’s…explore 1000’s of unique planets, meet aliens and figure out trade routes etc.  but there was a final thing you had to do, or your starbase blew up and while you could explore well forever, with no starbase hard to do much of anything else…so start over and figure how to stop the base blowing up.  

Seems like this game is awesomely open (wish it was a mmorpg) but is their an objective, that you can do and then just keep playing, or it’s more space life “sim” where you get to do anything?

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Too be fair, we know of a lot more worlds IRL that don't have life than those that do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but I don't understand why Todd Howard always makes these ridiculous claims. I heard him talking about how many worlds were inhabitanted yesterday and I got a little excited about it, but then I remembered Todd Howard is an idiot and says stupid shit. I haven't been following the development of this game but was interested in it but will now either not buy it or wait until reviews drop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

True, but I don't understand why Todd Howard always makes these ridiculous claims. I heard him talking about how many worlds were inhabitanted yesterday and I got a little excited about it, but then I remembered Todd Howard is an idiot and says stupid shit. I haven't been following the development of this game but was interested in it but will now either not buy it or wait until reviews drop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be playing it. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Besides, I'm kind of going to wait for confirmation if there really is 1000 inhabitant worlds or if it's 2 inhabitant worlds and 998 worlds with a cabin on them. I mean Todd Howard said there's 1000 inhabitant worlds but you can't trust a fucking thing that guy says. I mean he did say Skyrim has a functioning economy that you could disrupt and your decisions in game would affect the world and that there were ants and insects in the world. What we got instead was absolutely no economy, decisions that didn't matter and one stump in the starting town  with an animated gif of ants on it that we never saw again.

View Quote

A lot of content was cut from Skyrim to get it to run on the PS3.  They really struggled with the limited amount of main memory available.

There are videos of some of the content that was cut, kinda disappointing just how much.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't want ever world to have life,  super unrealistic.  I would want the majority to be super inhospitable,  but with rare minerals, or other resources,  makes the 5-10% all the cooler and more important.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I think this game is going to massively underperform.

The expectations are way too high. It’s going to be full of a lot of really generic stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Starfield Fan Banned From Subreddit For Narcing On Leaker To Cops

"“No doubt the community will vilify me, while criminals are elevated to meme and legend status,” he wrote. “It’s no wonder why people are losing faith in humanity.”"
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Starfield Fan Banned From Subreddit For Narcing On Leaker To Cops

"“No doubt the community will vilify me, while criminals are elevated to meme and legend status,” he wrote. “It’s no wonder why people are losing faith in humanity.”"
View Quote

he's right you know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A lot of content was cut from Skyrim to get it to run on the PS3.  They really struggled with the limited amount of main memory available.

There are videos of some of the content that was cut, kinda disappointing just how much.

View Quote

I just hope this one has ten times the detail.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think this game is going to massively underperform.

The expectations are way too high. It’s going to be full of a lot of really generic stuff.
View Quote

Review embargo ends tomorrow at noon EST, and the game goes live for early access at 8pm. Won't have to wait much longer to find out.

Imagine Dragons - Children of the Sky (a Starfield song): World Fly Through
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. In both series, the conceit is that the player is some kind of chosen one, ordained by destiny to single-handedly alter the course of history. You can't have a server with five thousand chosen ones.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Review embargo ends tomorrow at noon EST, and the game goes live for early access at 8pm. Won't have to wait much longer to find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv1a-OrikdM
View Quote

streamers can go live at the same time the review embargo is up.

people can watch some actual gameplay to see if they might want to purchase the game.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I need to hurry up and finish Witcher 3.  Holy crap is that game massive.

Maybe I’ll wait for a Steam sale.  Although it probably won’t be significantly discounted for quite a while.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Talking about how many bajillion worlds there are makes me a little concerned that the game is going to be very wide but very shallow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv1a-OrikdM
View Quote

Sweet. I got laid off and my last day is tomorrow.

I think I'll pick up streaming lol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Talking about how many bajillion worlds there are makes me a little concerned that the game is going to be very wide but very shallow.
View Quote

I don't think it'll be that way. None of the leaks have indicated that's a problem. The main quest alone is supposed to be massive.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Maybe I’ll wait for a Steam sale.  Although it probably won’t be significantly discounted for quite a while.
View Quote

Witcher 3 is a hell of a game and a valid reason to miss out on this launch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Witcher 3 is a hell of a game and a valid reason to miss out on this launch.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#36]
How garbo will it be if I stream it through game pass?

I have a One X and am not bothering to get a Series X because my fucking TV doesn't have an HDMI 2.1 capable port even though the TV is 4k/HDR/120hz and I'm not buying a new 75" TV right now
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn’t realize premium got you early access, was probably going to buy the DLC anyway so I guess I’m in for $30.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Witcher 3 came out in 2015. When you get around to starfield in 2031 the bugs will probably be mostly fixed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'll be playing it. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
View Quote

@beitodesstrafe

Let me know how it is.
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why I don't believe games should be made for consoles first. They should always be made for PC Master Race first then ported to consoles. This way PC gets the game as designed and then they can ruin the game for the peasants.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wouldn't want ever world to have life,  super unrealistic.  I would want the majority to be super inhospitable,  but with rare minerals, or other resources,  makes the 5-10% all the cooler and more important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, so maybe not every planet needs to have civilizations and people but the majority of them should. Not 5 out of a thousand. Especially since Todd Howard stated 1000 planets with life and civilizations.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
They’re called Bugthesda for a reason.
To be fair, this is a make or break game for them and I think they realize it, if it glitches as bad as some of their other games have especially with the hype this one has, it’s their doom.

So far though the play throughs I’ve seen ran smoothly, and with the need for an SSD card helps, just the fact you don’t have a fade to black/load screen while moving from one cell to another is a good start.

Will it live up to the hype?
I’m going to find out tomorrow.

And I can’t wait to see the mods that come out for this, I think it’s going to be epic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#42]
lol this isn't a make or break for Bethseda.

game could literally be worse than RedFall at launch and people would still buy the shit out of Elder Scrolls 6 when it comes out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

game could literally be worse than RedFall at launch and people would still buy the shit out of Elder Scrolls 6 when it comes out.
View Quote

In what, ten more years?
That’s a long time to rely on the income of one game.
Their only possible salvation would be that Microsoft bought them out.

And just look at many of the replies here in this thread, many are unwilling to take a chance on pre orders due to Bugthesda’s recent track record.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@beitodesstrafe

Let me know how it is.

This is why I don't believe games should be made for consoles first. They should always be made for PC Master Race first then ported to consoles. This way PC gets the game as designed and then they can ruin the game for the peasants.
View Quote

Precisely.

Also why this one is not on Playstation, because Playstation is garbage.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No, I’m not paying $30 extra to get it 5 days early.
View Quote

On XBox using M$ Rewards can reduce the cost of the “Premium Upgrade” to $0.00 out of pocket if you got the points. Have Game Pass, d/l the Standard Edition, cashed in enough points to get a $25.00 gift card, playing Thursday for $9.00. Could have got it for free if I’d wanted to. Worth it. And if I like the game, I’ll get a used standard edition disk on eBay or pawnshop cheap so I can keep playing if they pull it from Game Pass in the future.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They’re called Bugthesda for a reason.
To be fair, this is a make or break game for them and I think they realize it, if it glitches as bad as some of their other games have especially with the hype this one has, it’s their doom.

So far though the play throughs I’ve seen ran smoothly, and with the need for an SSD card helps, just the fact you don’t have a fade to black/load screen while moving from one cell to another is a good start.

Will it live up to the hype?
I’m going to find out tomorrow.

And I can’t wait to see the mods that come out for this, I think it’s going to be epic.
View Quote

Bugs don't bother me. I remember the pain of falling through the floor into the black void of many dungeons in Daggerfall. It's the mainstreaming of design choices and all-around kind of triple-A game sensibilities that worry me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In what, ten more years?

And just look at many of the replies here in this thread, many are unwilling to take a chance on pre orders due to Bugthesda’s recent track record.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In what, ten more years?

To be fair, I've always bought Bethesda games for the bugs. They've always made the games really fun and entertaining. What I am tired of is Bethesda telling everyone that all these awesome features are in the game but then when the game drops it has none of what's claimed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Nope, it's going to be a few days until I can get to it. This week sucks with timing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

To be fair, I've always bought Bethesda games for the bugs. They've always made the games really fun and entertaining. What I am tired of is Bethesda telling everyone that all these awesome features are in the game but then when the game drops it has none of what's claimed.
View Quote

This one is gonna have ten times the detail, I just know it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Im gonna wait to see how woke it is.  BG3 started slipping in trannies in act3,  I'd imagine this game will have trannies out the gate.
View Quote

Why would there even be trannies in a high magic fantasy setting? Undoubtedly there would be a specialized transmogrification potion to give them what they want.  Weird.
Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top