View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Freddy's and Culver's are much better.
Freddies is good!

But it's still an In N Out wannabe.

And whatsaburger is a BK ripoff lol

Agreed, but Freddies was better, especially the fries and dipping sauce that came with them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Whataburger built there following on "we don't start cooking until you order".

When that fell by the wayside as a slave to profitability and customer demand for speedy service, and they started selling steam pan burgers, the quality diminished significantly.

They're still good, still have the best fries and are better than most any other fast foods burger. I've only had InO a couple of times. It was OK, fries sort of suck
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Cookout kicks all their shit to the curb.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Whataburger & Buc-ee’s are two of the most overrated brands on the planet. Don’t love or hate either one for the record.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Burgers are just okay.  Better than most fast food.  Not as good as many.  Honestly, I prefer DQ to Whataburger these days.  At least their bacon is cooked properly and the jalapenos don't taste like they came from a can.

The best item at Whataburger is the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit.  Order it with bacon and jalapenos .

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Culvers > *
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Freddy's and Culver's are much better.
View Quote

This right here. Culver’s and Freddy’s are way better and to top it off they have frozen custard. The Midwest knows how to do burgers, fries, and custard

Shake shack is also very good but that’s kind of the Starbucks hipster of burger chains

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Culver's but it seems you can't walk 15 feet around here without running into one, guess the novelty kinda wore off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote

In n out sucks more cocks than San francisco
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I had quit going to Whataburger because ever burger I'd gotten there in 25 years had been crap. Last week I had gotten a deal for a free Patty Melt Whatameal. I figured what the hell, might as well. It was free and if it was that bad my dog would eat it. I got it with a Brioche bun. Shocked the shit out of me, that burger was really good. The fries that came with it were at least edible (not real good but edible).
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Whataburger hasn’t been as good since a Chicago based private equity firm bought the business.
View Quote

They were sucking long before that.
Whenever they made a big push in building new locations and remodeling existing ones in the late 90's early 2000's is when I noticed a change in the cheese used and the flavor of the beef they use. Especially at the older locations that were remodeled, they should've kept the old well seasoned griddle tops.

I still eat at them occasionally but that's typically only in the wee hours of the night and other options are closed.

In and Out has no flavor.

Culver's and Freddie's is better than Whataburger and In & Out.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]
It’s not that Whataburger is so great, it’s that In-N-Out totally sucks.  It’s a soggy, crappy burger.

Freddy’s is decent.  P. Terry’s is better.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In n Out is dogshit.  Literal fecal material excreted from the anus of a dog.  Not a healthy dog, either.  A dog that ate a bunch of roadkill and now has some sort of intestinal parasite.
View Quote

And yet it’s still better than Whataburger.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When I lived in Cruces I lived 3 blocks from a Lottaburger.  Still love them.  WHen I lived in Alamogordo, Hi-D-Ho put them all to shame.
View Quote

@Medicin3Man

At 10th & Scenic?

That's been gone for a really long time I thought. I used to live a few blocks away on Sunrise, we walked down there all the time for shakes.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#15]
North Carolina WhataBurger > Texas Whataburger
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Chicken fingers with gravy is what keeps me coming back

The burgers are aight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Ever since they got bought out by a Chicago company and they dropped the grilled chicken Fajita, they are dead to me. I still crave a double once in a while but not at today's prices.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Whataburger hasn’t been as good since a Chicago based private equity firm bought the business.
View Quote

This. What’s burger went downhill bad after the buyout.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote

Bull-fuckin-shit it is.  In N Out isn’t near as good as Whataburger. Both make a “mid” burger, but the A1 Thick and Hearty from Whataburger is the best fast food burger out there.  Your double double animal style is trash by comparison.  
Do we even want to start on the fries?  
Ok.  In N Out is either limp like San Francisco or in edible burnt.  Worst fast food fries around.  Whereas Whataburger fries, fresh out of the fryer are better than McDonalds, throw on a side of cream gravy and that’s the best fries around.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Burger King is better than In N Out
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No thread or rant about shitty fast food joints is complete without mentioning Del Taco.  How that place remains a going concern is a mystery to me.
View Quote

It's decent for that particular style of fast food.  It completely blows Taco Bell out of the water and remains very affordable.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote
Pfft. Culver's is better than both those.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cookout kicks all their shit to the curb.
View Quote
Amen brother..
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

^This - quality went to shit. Still better than most fast food burgers, but now I'll order from a local place instead if I have the time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm guessing it tastes a lot like what I had ~2 weeks ago in New Mexico:

https://www.lotaburger.com/

Admittedly, it wasn't bad. I'd eat another one.
View Quote

We stopped at a whataburger in New Mexico on our way back to Texas from Colorado and it was better than the Texas whataburgers  I’ve been to.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]
they are actually putting a whataburger in Spartanburg SC near me... I have no interest ... when I lived out west In and out burger was the staple.... screw those thick burgers stacked with so much crap you cannot just slam down.... give me a smash burger anyday.... animal style
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I went to Whataburger for the first time recently, I thought it was ok
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In n Out is dogshit.  Literal fecal material excreted from the anus of a dog.  Not a healthy dog, either.  A dog that ate a bunch of roadkill Whataburger and now has some sort of intestinal parasite.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Proves texans wouldn't know a good burger if it slapped them upside the face.
View Quote

I don't have high expectations for a place where a majority of the population refers to bluegill as "perch."

They can feel free to rag on the state of my current residence, but that doesn't excuse anything on their end.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Braum’s>Whataburger
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In this thread we learn who has had a Jalapeño & Cheese Whataburger and who has not.
View Quote

I've eaten through Whataburgers menu multiple times. Everytime I am disappointed. In N Out makes a much better product for less money.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#33]
In-n-out is just a weak Wendy’s clone with extra “special sauce”.  You have to order some goofy off the menu shit for it to have any flavor, then it’s a goopy, mediocre mess.  Somehow they managed to make the worst fries in the business… how do you fuck up french fries that bad?
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pretending chicagoburger is local and good.  Pretending HEB isn't run by commies that sponsor illegal immigration and drag queen story hour.
View Quote

HEB also hates guns and you carrying them. Texas is all hat and not cattle as they say.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Culver’s is better than either of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.

You are high I'd rather eat Burger King.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#36]
They just opened several in Kansas City area.... They are nothing like I remember from texas around 2009.  

The breakfast is okay ( reminds me of jack n the box but worse) but their burgers are horrible, not sure why some many people love them so much.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I dont proclaim Whataburger to be the "best" but this thing is INSANELY good.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote
Not in this lifetime. In n Out is like McDonald's for hipsters.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#40]
The burger I had at Whataburger tasted a lot like a burger from Jack-in-the-Box, they just had mire kinds of burgers. I wouldn't bother going back. In-n-Out is definitely tastier.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.

It tastes much better than McDonald's. I think some people only hate them because they are from CA.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Ate at a What A Burger twice when I was living in Clearwater, FL. 1st time was "meh", went a 2nd time to give it another chance. Still "meh".

The Culver's about 4 miles away has awesome burgers.
Never tried In 'n Out. Don't think I've been around one. Or just never noticed one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It tastes much better than McDonald's. I think some people only hate them because they are from CA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.

I was stationed in California for a time and have recently spent over 200 days in Texas. Whataburger isn't a gourmet burger by any means, but it is much better than anything I've had from In n Out, regardless how much extra things one throws on the burger to hide the taste of the meat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I dont proclaim Whataburger to be the "best" but this thing is INSANELY good.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/chilicheeseburgerwhataburger.jpg
View Quote

You ever had a 'gut bomb' (Big One with chili & cheese) from a Ward's in south Mississippi?

https://wardsrestaurants.com/wp-content/themes/woothemes/images/wards_menu.pdf

Don't eat them unless you're on the way home.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

One of the few times I, as a Texan, will agree with a Californian. Whataburger is overrated garbage

ETA: I do prefer Checkers overall, but I won't give whataburger a dime
View Quote

I’m going to third this opinion but will say Cook-Out or Culver’s is the superior fast-food burger.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You ever had a 'gut bomb' (Big One with chili & cheese) from a Ward's in south Mississippi?

https://wardsrestaurants.com/wp-content/themes/woothemes/images/wards_menu.pdf

Don't eat them unless you're on the way home.
View Quote

No, Sir.  Have not.  But if its anything like the WB one, then sign me up.  That thing was outrageously good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Remember, supporting Whataburger means you like liberals now.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Winner.

Culver's > In N Out > Whataburger.

Though there are still some locations that are good. Had this conversation with a co-worker some time back- we both agreed on the good Whataburger. Some are okay and some are awful.

ETA: A heads up for fellow Texans- you can fix the burgers from In N Out. Just order it no sauce/add mustard and whatever veggies you like. I order mine dressed like a Whataburger. The difference is that at In N Out so far I haven't gotten a lukewarm burger or a stale bun. Sometimes they are a bit over salted, but that happens at Whataburger too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#49]
There's a Whataburger about 2 miles from me. It's hot garbage. It's 3 stars on review sites, with food poisoning often mentioned. Every Whataburger i've had has been mediocre to diarrhea on deck.

However. They just built a new Whataburger 1/2 a mile from me the other direction. Wife's family is in town and they love Whataburger so we had lunch there today. It was all pretty decent. I had a chili cheese burger that was basically frito pie and a meat patty between two buns. My kids were dreading Whataburger based on previous experience but came away saying it was good. (they'd prefer Chik-fil-A).

Hard truth for everyone. Every single chain is on a downward quality glide path. I use to like In-N-Out double animal style and animal style fries. The service was always top notch, the food fast and fresh. Californa, Vegas, Dallas, Houston always good. The last time I ate at one the cashier couldn't make change, couldn't get the order right, on their super limited menu, my wife and kids had shakes and were all having stomach problems within 8 hours.

Culvers seems like they are using a bigger and bigger steam roller to run over their meat patties. I still luvs me so cheese curds and the kids like the ice cream stuff but everything is a little worse every time.

The problem with all of them is cost. We spent over $60 for 4 adult and 2 kids meals. We can eat at some sit down places for less.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#50]
On a related note:

Homemade elk burgers.

-ground elk w/20% beef fat
1 egg added to 1.75 pounds meat
2 ounces grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon pimento peppers
Seasoning salt
Minced garlic
Splash of Worcestershire sauce

Grilled over charcoal and dried red oak.

American and Swiss cheese.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top