Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you blown the aluminum end caps off yours yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys really wan to be viewing the $250 F1 thread
I'll post pics later

The tubes and endcaps in there are pretty nice, but atleast the beginning of the first version of that thread had a lot of made up science that was spreading a lot of misinformation

LOL Is this a serious question?

Answer is no, and After Esstac did several hundred rounds of full auto on a SBR, got the tube to glow orange. I think he showed its not going to happen.

All of the bullshit that was spewed was proven wrong both through science and math, then actual testing to back it up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

THIS. Come join us, I sent an email through your gay ass website and never got a response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome back fucker!

Now play nice!

(and visit us in tinychat)

THIS. Come join us, I sent an email through your gay ass website and never got a response.

What website?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys really wan to be viewing the $250 F1 thread
I'll post pics later

The tubes and endcaps in there are pretty nice, but atleast the beginning of the first version of that thread had a lot of made up science that was spreading a lot of misinformation

Shut your whore mouth. I've got a Al front cap for my 7.6", steel YHM adaptor though
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It is pretty simple

From muzzle to end...

Buy adapter for your mounting method (griffin mount, direct thread, SD Tactical), But a Tube (lots of options on their site, all have the same threading) You want D Tube and endcaps for 5.56/.308, then you need an endcap (where bullet exits)

Now there are only two things you are missing, baffles and spacer material. This part is clearly described in Esstac and My thread.

Here is my rendering for what mine looks like inside

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8727/16630524003_a6e8e4401b_h.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought about building one, I went to the build thread and it left me completely confused. It's like everyone talks in code, and I have no idea wtf they are saying. It took me all weekend to fill out eform for an SBR.

It is pretty simple

From muzzle to end...

Buy adapter for your mounting method (griffin mount, direct thread, SD Tactical), But a Tube (lots of options on their site, all have the same threading) You want D Tube and endcaps for 5.56/.308, then you need an endcap (where bullet exits)

Now there are only two things you are missing, baffles and spacer material. This part is clearly described in Esstac and My thread.

Quoted:

Here is Stu burning up his 6" Steel version using TheNamelessOne's bumpfire stock

https://youtu.be/Ny_N3uLyWh8

Why is he talking about o-rings?  I would need to buy o-rings too?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What website?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome back fucker!

Now play nice!

(and visit us in tinychat)

What website?

Esstac. GO ON TINY CHAT
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess since I got home I have just been lazy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought about building one, I went to the build thread and it left me completely confused. It's like everyone talks in code, and I have no idea wtf they are saying. It took me all weekend to fill out eform for an SBR.

It is pretty simple

From muzzle to end...

Quoted:
Here is Stu burning up his 6" Steel version using TheNamelessOne's bumpfire stock

You dont need to, we got them because the original endcaps had groves that they fit perfectly into and seemed to tight them up better
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You dont need to, we got them because the original endcaps had groves that they fit perfectly into and seemed to tight them up better
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is pretty simple

From muzzle to end...

Quoted:

O-rings are nice when you are getting it all dialed in on spacing and such, after that rockset it.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#9]
OH HE CAN REPLY TO THIS THREAD BUT NOT ME EMAIL FOR CUSTOM WORK HUH!!! OFF TO YELP!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I made one...titanium and steel 1lb 8inch 30cal
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Because the ATF hasn't reviewed my form 1 sent 5/28....

Just got my diversified machine YHM titanium adapter... Getting excited
View Quote

What!?! I sent mine on 8/31    and that's why I haven't but it's going to be closer to the $150+ mark.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there a way to just buy parts and assemble after receiving my legal tax stamp?

I don't have the tools/etc to MAKE anything... but I'm good at assembling.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is there a way to just buy parts and assemble after receiving my legal tax stamp?

View Quote
Dude, it isn't hard. At all. Got to suppressor forum and check out the 100$ and 250$ build threads. It's so easy even a caveman can do it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dude, it isn't hard. At all. Got to suppressor forum and check out the 100$ and 250$ build threads. It's so easy even a caveman can do it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a press to make my own baffles...  that seems to be a pretty large portion of the linked thread about building one of these.  

Is there a place that sells baffles for LEGAL (WITH approved tax stamp) assembly?   Or is that info in the suppressor forum build threads?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bah, who needs tooling. I formed my baffles using two 6" C Clamps.. and that wrench for a larger moment arm

https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/YrsaiRaz1Zv6XFr9yXCOjgnjXOVneVebsXAKr6uKM24LAYspN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do I buy titanium tooling and a lathe for $100?

Bah, who needs tooling. I formed my baffles using two 6" C Clamps.. and that wrench for a larger moment arm

https://content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink/YrsaiRaz1Zv6XFr9yXCOjgnjXOVneVebsXAKr6uKM24LAYspN

"I didn't use any tooling!"

Posts up a picture with three tools in it

I think mine has about $30 of freeze plugs and stainless in it:

Might have been a lathe and a mill and a tig welder laying around when I made it too

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't have a press to make my own baffles...  that seems to be a pretty large portion of the linked thread about building one of these.  

Is there a place that sells baffles for LEGAL (WITH approved tax stamp) assembly?   Or is that info in the suppressor forum build threads?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. I bet you could get some freeze plugs formed for you and you just drill them out when you get your stamp back.

Eta: there are multiple "shot glasses" and maglight " storage compartments" on ebay
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z8/brokowsj/P1030231_zpsgt95sslt.jpg

Might have been a lathe and a mill and a tig welder laying around when I made it too

http://youtu.be/FxBYZ7Sz0Rk
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, those shooting glasses.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No. I bet you could get some freeze plugs formed for you and you just drill them out when you get your stamp back.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit.    The point of this entire thing for me would be buying parts over time, then buying the last bits after I got my stamp back - for budgeting.   It's easier to just save and buy a damned suppressor for me, vs this process.   :(
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well shit.    The point of this entire thing for me would be buying parts over time, then buying the last bits after I got my stamp back - for budgeting.   It's easier to just save and buy a damned suppressor for me, vs this process.   :(
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A tem pack of freeze plugs is like $5. Hell, I'll form them for you for free. You can use pliers and a hand drill to drill out the center of the freeze plugs

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a little bit of gas blowback

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#21]
My Ti form 1 can was easy as hell. Bought the tube, endcap, spacer tube, and thread adapter from SDTA. Bought pre-formed freeze plugs off ebay. Put the plugs in the tube, measured and cut a spacer for a blast chamber, waited for my form 1 to be approved, marked and drilled the freeze plugs and end cap, done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#22]

I made two 5.56's, and I'm still waiting on the stamp for #3 in 9mm

Seriously, these things work great. I did a carbine class a few weeks ago, and you couldn't tell the difference in sound between mine and a guy who had a new YHM suppressor.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wish someone would make a how-to like the assemble an ar how-to's in the tech forum.  I've waded through the 200 page thread two times and still don't have an exact idea of spacing, baffle forming, stacking, etc. etc. etc.

People would do this MUCH more if there was a simple "here's the easiest way to do this from start to finish" post.  From the items and part numbers to the assembled product.

I'm not willing to gamble $300-$400 on messing something up and having a baffle strike or something on shot 1.

Know what I mean?
View Quote

My thoughts as well. That thread is 212 pages of it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Because I have 2 30 cal cans now, don't need another.
View Quote
This

Think about building a 22 can
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Going to be a .30cal
Nothing drilled, etc. Waiting on a stamp.
7.6" SDTA carbon steel tube, turned down.
Diversified machine YHM adaptor, Ti spacer material. Aluminum end cap. AR wrench notches in both ends.
It will be right around 19oz when complete.
It will get some hi temp cerakote, FDE or patriot brown when it's done. Engraving by Tar Heel State Firearms.
ETA: like $300 + stamp

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#26]
So I thought the ATF had begun contacting all the people who purchased parts from these websites and filed a form 1? Either way, after careful consideration, I don't think I'll be touching this with a ten foot pole. Silencerco will just have to get more of my money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So I thought the ATF had begun contacting all the people who purchased parts from these websites and filed a form 1? Either way, after careful consideration, I don't think I'll be touching this with a ten foot pole. Silencerco will just have to get more of my money.
View Quote
Cite? More fear mongering if you ask me. Had mine for months and nary a peep from any alphabet soup agency
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A ten pack of freeze plugs is like $5. Hell, I'll form them for you for free. You can use pliers and a hand drill to drill out the center of the freeze plugs  
View Quote

I may take you up on that.  Let me get the stamp started.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No that has never happened. Maybe if someone was stupid enough to buy/sell pre drilled freeze plugs MAYBE. Form 1 cans are very easy and there is no legal grey zone as long as you don't drill any holes until approved form 1 arrives.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Been meaning to but when it comes to paperwork I'm the world's worst procrastinator.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Just put mine together this last weekend after I received my approved form 1

Planning on posting it as well as the SBR but haven't gotten to it yet
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cite? More fear mongering if you ask me. Had mine for months and nary a peep from any alphabet soup agency
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Because I have 2 30 cal cans now, don't need another.
View Quote

I have 2 -30cal BYO cans and another being considered. I'll wait for my TBAC Ultra-7's approval, before dropping money i don't have, on another F1 project.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Eta: there are multiple "shot glasses" and maglight " storage compartments" on ebay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crap. man, there IS.

Honestly, it also looks like they're only slightly more expensive than getting the parts yourself and probably higher quality than I could manage, doing it myself.

It there any concern, using aluminium, instead of Steel for the spacers? (assume 5.56 or .308)

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It there any concern, using aluminium, instead of Steel for the spacers? (assume 5.56 or .308)

View Quote

I dont know the specifics, but on the SDTA forums they only recommend aluminium spacers for low velocity centerfire and 22lr cans. For a blast chamber spacer on anything above 22lr I would use steel or titanium. There is some good info on their forums if you dig http://sdtacticalarms.boards.net/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I dont know the specifics, but on the SDTA forums they only recommend aluminium spacers for low velocity centerfire and 22lr cans. For a blast chamber spacer on anything above 22lr I would use steel or titanium. There is some good info on their forums if you dig http://sdtacticalarms.boards.net/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are using a beefy tube, I dont see an issue except for the blast chamber, that should be steel. Aluminum spacers are going to transfer the heat and pressure to the outer tube.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#37]
This is my next project.  I have my trust, and I am going to file my form 1 right after I get some better electronic ear protection.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have access to lumber, e.g. 2x4's?  You have a bottle jack?  You have everything you need to make your own press without spending $$ on buying a press.  If you read through those 2 threads, I believe someone outlined doing just that in there.

For visual reference -
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Cause I like my anal virginity?

Shits illegal in New Yorkistan yo
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I need to research baffles and spacers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You have access to lumber, e.g. 2x4's?  You have a bottle jack?  You have everything you need to make your own press without spending $$ on buying a press.  If you read through those 2 threads, I believe someone outlined doing just that in there.

For visual reference - http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/bigpics01/woodenpress_B_hydraulic.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For visual reference - http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/bigpics01/woodenpress_B_hydraulic.jpg
I have been able to form all of mine just using a standard vice and cheater bar. Honestly the hardest part for me was the spacer material, getting it turned down to the right OD.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#43]
you're back!

and thank you for continuing this topic        

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very Slick.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have no issue supporting the industry pros and will continue.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no issue supporting the industry pros and will continue.

Do you guys build your AR's or buy complete ones?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Did you modify the end caps or buy them like that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Going to be a .30cal
Nothing drilled, etc. Waiting on a stamp.
7.6" SDTA carbon steel tube, turned down.
Diversified machine YHM adaptor, Ti spacer material. Aluminum end cap. AR wrench notches in both ends.
It will be right around 19oz when complete.
It will get some hi temp cerakote, FDE or patriot brown when it's done. Engraving by Tar Heel State Firearms.
ETA: like $300 + stamp

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/DM%20mount%20and%20spacer%20-%20edited.jpg

Did you modify the end caps or buy them like that?

Bought like that. ETA: they are custom made FYI
It's the YHM adaptor so those ridges lock into the YMH suppressor mounts. Exterior ridges are for an AR armorers wrench to help disassemble when it gets carbon locked
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#49]
When did OP get unlocked?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When did OP get unlocked?
View Quote

also, this
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top