Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife will be an absolute asset in defending our home, as well as the biggest asset when it comes time for survival and sustaining.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
She’s an ER nurse with lifesaving skills, who can grow food, slaughter animals and cook stuff.

I’m the one that’s gonna have to do the killing though if it comes to that, but my 18y/o son would help so we are all good.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I often wonder what would happen in a SHTF scenario. Kingdenile and I do not make a good team. He is very gifted but he doesn't communicate and I can't predict what he is doing/thinking. I communicate well but he doesn't listen. We both watch survivor together and I joke that after he gets the fire started and the shelter built I'm voting his ass off. I'm curious how the rest of you guys work with your spouses?

View Quote

That’s actually true for many, even though they won’t post it. Mrs. M is the same way, very capable and will fight to the end and have my back, problem is listening, she gets her mind made up and won’t adapt or change if needed fast enough. She also tends to make decisions based on short term emotions and not long term decisions based facts to the situation. I love her dearly but I’m thinking if we’re in a end of the world scenario we can’t be on the same immediate team.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
She freezes under pressure, but is smart and a hard worker and would default to taking directions, but not being in command.  I generally don't freeze under stress and there have been situations where she's like "whoa how'd think to do that so fast?"  And it's like I don't know, try something or we're fucked?

Now defending the homestead.....I'd give her a couple rifles with drum mags and tell her somebody was coming to hurt our dogs..... It'd basically be like having a Phalanx CIWS in the yard
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Dead by the first weekend.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dead by the first weekend.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
 I've thought about this time to time.  I'm guessing she'll be a emotional wreck if the world is falling apart.  I've also told her that the majority of her decision making will be revoked during an emergency if I'm with her.  Just better that way, even if she's angry.  At least the family has the best shot at a favorable outcome if I'm calling the shots.  

Thankfully, having some preps and a basic plan makes things easier.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife would be an asset. She physically and mentally strong. She's not real educated but has great intuition.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If I tell her to stop she will keep going, if I tell her to move she will stay. Anything I ask her to do will either get ignored, there will be a 30 second delay while she processes it or she wail,ask 20 questions then disagree with me.

I’ve pulled her away from traffic more times than I can count, stopped her falling off cliffs and into holes after she’s either not moved when I told her or kept going when I’ve fucking shouted stop. We will be walking with the dogs and I’ll say put them on the lead, she won’t do it , I’ll say it again she will ask why. She’s driven through red lights. I’ve had to grab the steering wheel to avoid standing traffic after telling her over and over to slow down. She understand nothing of how anything works.

I’ve told her for the last  30 years if the zombies attack or its world war three she’s in her own and I mean it
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
SO and I are a great team!

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I often wonder what would happen in a SHTF scenario. Kingdenile and I do not make a good team. He is very gifted but he doesn't communicate and I can't predict what he is doing/thinking. I communicate well but he doesn't listen. We both watch survivor together and I joke that after he gets the fire started and the shelter built I'm voting his ass off. I'm curious how the rest of you guys work with your spouses?

View Quote
so basically every relationship ever; The female claims no one listens to her and Her man doesn’t communicate.

Guess what? he hears everything you’re saying and just because you don’t like what he’s communicating to you doesn’t mean he’s not communicating. Could also be he keeps his mouth shut because if he says anything, he’s gonna hear about it for the next six weeks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't have one.

So I will either die immediately or not be slowed down by dragging an SO.

One or the other.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Mrs. ROCK6 can hold her own. I spent almost six years of my military career deployed and down-range away from the family. She was able to raise two kids, work full time, finish her master's degree and help other military spouses. She can shoot, can, dehydrate, fish (although she doesn't like fish), rebuild a carburetor, minor electrical work, plumbing...she's an absolute asset. She's backpacked solo several times, and just fitted out our bug-out camping trailer which we boondocked with in Ocala this past week:

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#14]
We are not on the same page.
Let's just say that. Lol.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
so basically every relationship ever; The female claims no one listens to her and Her man doesn't communicate.

Guess what? he hears everything you're saying and just because you don't like what he's communicating to you doesn't mean he's not communicating. Could also be he keeps his mouth shut because if he says anything, he's gonna hear about it for the next six weeks.
View Quote
No, I wish it was my fault, I would bend over backwards to fix it.  He is very gifted and I would be more than happy to demure to. him if he just told me what the fuck he wanted me to do.  We have such different ways of doing things=my way probably isn't the best at all but unless he actually gives me direction-I can't predict what he will do.  The simplest thing: such as moving an oven:  Me how are we going to do this?  Him:   walks outside to the truck- opens tailgate - are you helping?  Me: I'm here, tell me what you want me to do?  Him: grab an end  Me--moves to an end Him:  Not that end Me: moves to another end- Him or that end. It's frustrating.  I try my best.  I don't like dis'ing on him - I know I have my faults as well but communication isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mrs. ROCK6 can hold her own. I spent almost six years of my military career deployed and down-range away from the family. She was able to raise two kids, work full time, finish her master's degree and help other military spouses. She can shoot, can, dehydrate, fish (although she doesn't like fish), rebuild a carburetor, minor electrical work, plumbing...she's an absolute asset. She's backpacked solo several times, and just fitted out our bug-out camping trailer which we boondocked with in Ocala this past week:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Camping_3.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Camping_2.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Camping_1.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Camping_5.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v440/ROCK-6/Camping_4.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

ROCK6
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, I wish it was my fault, I would bend over backwards to fix it.  He is very gifted and I would be more than happy to demure to. him if he just told me what the fuck he wanted me to do.  We have such different ways of doing things=my way probably isn't the best at all but unless he actually gives me direction-I can't predict what he will do.  The simplest thing: such as moving an oven:  Me how are we going to do this?  Him:   walks outside to the truck- opens tailgate - are you helping?  Me: I'm here, tell me what you want me to do?  Him: grab an end  Me--moves to an end Him:  Not that end Me: moves to another end- Him or that end. It's frustrating.  I try my best.  I don't like dis'ing on him - I know I have my faults as well but communication isn't one of them.
View Quote

Have you ever done a team activity together? Something like a tac course?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s sometimes weird how we think alike and and exactly the same time.  I think we would do very well together in SHTF.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#19]
[She unwraps the bundle to reveal a set of daggers. Olga takes the bundle and hastily covers it again]
Queen Weilew: Don't let them be taken!

Pretty much this. Bonus points if you're man enough to have seen this movie.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I’m not sure. She jokes about being near bait when we go camping. I’m afraid she might not be to far off. But she keeps me motivated, so there’s that. ??
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Asset
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My wife and I did great during an active shooter in our front yard. Both grabbed a kid and went to safe room. I took point with rifle and armor, she took kid guard with a rifle.

Lots of profanity but otherwise well communicated.

Spoiler alert we did not die.
View Quote

Details please
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#24]
If she's going through another psychotic episode, melting down and staring out of the window like, "Apocalypse Now," then probably not.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine might use the situation to shoot me in the back and be done with me.  Or more likely, either set me up to be killed or hand me over to others.  Zero loyalty.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Mine would kill me if would somehow benefit her.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]
If they serve avocado toast and flat whites in the SHTF fan, my wife will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Itchy Boots might help you out there, and right now, she's in Madagascar.  (In Morocco a few months ago)
View Quote
I've already got a dirtbike out here and my wife is hotter than her.

Plus she's fluent in French and Arabic. If she's with me, we'd get north through the Arabic counties.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#29]
She's a total dingbat.

At best she might score a hit or two with a chankla, and hopefully not on me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#30]
To paraphrase Terry Pratchett, like a Grand Vizier, my wife has a mind that can follow around a corkscrew.  I do not. But, we both have our plans, our stockpiles, our range cards, and our preparations.  I would very much like a drone or three, and to have some energetics on hand.  So many hobbies, so little time.  I'm not Dan Forrester, but I could be his acolyte.

We've been through a lot.  I don't want a new emergency, but we will see what we can do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#31]
My wife was raised in rural Philipines. she can dress a chicken or grow just about anything. about the only thing my city slicker ass if good for is maybe some shooting and fixing things. 1000% an asset.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I’m single so I have options. This will be our family photo.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Wife has been handicapped for a while now. So her capabilities are diminished. Additionally she hates needles blood so I have understood for years that if I need a shot or am bleeding I’m my own savior. Fortunately I have more than a few skill sets that most people don’t have as well as having exceptional situational awareness so my situation is a wash
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:39:33 AM EDT
[#34]
The woman I divorced, like 87% of women, was a liability, regardless of SHTF.

There are two things that have have kept women alive throughout the history of hard times. Chivalry and sex. We are running out of good times and chivalry.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:50:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There are two things that have have kept women alive throughout the history of hard times. Chivalry and sex. We are running out of good times and chivalry.

https://img.ifunny.co/images/963a400c147099ae60baf9450af14efa4b0a0552a4c5a93fdfcb26e486572c60_1.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:55:14 AM EDT
[#36]
After 54 years together we mostly communicate telepathically. In the rare instances we verbalize the other usually finishes the sentence.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#37]
A well functioning husband and wife duo are the most basic unit of a survival group when things go bad & prosper when things are good.

We'd continue to press forward supporting the needs of our family regardless in a SHTF, just in a lessened resource environment with different stressors than today.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Have you ever done a team activity together? Something like a tac course?
View Quote
No -I've never heard of such a thing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
After 54 years together we mostly communicate telepathically. In the rare instances we verbalize the other usually finishes the sentence.
View Quote

Wife and I do that but we're nowhere near 54 years together. It's funny that we can do that and yet sometimes I can't even understand what she's saying when I'm looking right at her.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://img.ifunny.co/images/963a400c147099ae60baf9450af14efa4b0a0552a4c5a93fdfcb26e486572c60_1.jpg
View Quote
Woman do depend upon men but if men only think women are good for sex it's going to be a lonely life and society will get worse.  I'm nearly 60 years old so I know I am a liability but I can build a shelter, start a fire, find game-field dress and butcher and preserve game, fish, defend my family and set up protective barriers.  I probably have more experience than most men on this board.  But yes, I can fuck my husband too.  It's really pathetic to talk to men who only see women as sexual objects.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#41]
My Wife isn’t really interested in guns or shooting. Her comfortable confidence level is with a .22LR handgun. However, I am able to drag her to the range a couple times a year and she can make eye-socket sized groups at across the room distances with ease.

Her real value if the SHTF is as a professional Paramedic. We also share the same blood type. That and she has radio comm skills and holds a CDL.

Me, I can operate most small watercraft, understand the basics of land & sea navigation and I am pretty good at fixing things or at least making them work. I have also had some professional survival training from living/working in third world countries.

We are both physically fit/healthy for our age (no physical limitations) and not dependent on any medications. We have no addictions and after sharing a lifetime of living together, raising kids (both adults on their own) survived some miscarriages, treatable cancer, caring for elderly parents, and other life challenges, we are pretty good together.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#42]
My first wife was a liability.  Didn't make that mistake twice.  My current wife is a major asset.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#43]
There was a time when we were dating that I thought my now wife would be beneficial if things went really bad. Now , she would be a liability and mot likely would cease to function as the reality of the situation would cripple her.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Asset. My wife would follow me through the bowels of hell.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#46]
By next week I would be taking applications for the next Mrs. Ikar.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't let myself get attached to anything I am not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if I feel the heat around the corner.

All kidding aside, my wife would make a great SHTF partner.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Woman do depend upon men but if men only think women are good for sex it's going to be a lonely life and society will get worse.  I'm nearly 60 years old so I know I am a liability but I can build a shelter, start a fire, find game-field dress and butcher and preserve game, fish, defend my family and set up protective barriers.  I probably have more experience than most men on this board.  But yes, I can fuck my husband too.  It's really pathetic to talk to men who only see women as sexual objects.
View Quote

Don't listen to them. At 60 you still sound like your much more of an asset than most people.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top