BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So they had all of the Republic fleet in one system?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The resistance is merely tolerated by the New Republic.  The New Republic gave some fighters to the Resistance but that's about it.  I doubt they'd give a huge array of fighters.  Kinda bummed and kinda OK with just x-wings and tie fighters in TFA.

I'm hoping the Republic gets back in the game and there's some good ship battles.

Since we're doing the spoiler thing here already... I thought the heart of the Republic, and the fleet, got wiped out.

So they had all of the Republic fleet in one system?

I don't know, but it would seem to me that a movie reset would require a rapid equalization of the two key players (resistance/first order).  Have to get the fleet out of the way.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quite simply, the Y wing wasn't sexy enough to make the cut for the new movie. People want to see fighters fighting, not everything else.

I have a lot of things that I could say about the "rebel fleet" in the new movie. The biggest one being, why the hell is it still called the rebel fleet when these guys won the war!?"
View Quote

+1 why be called the "Resistance" Shouldn't they be called the Army? If they won, who are they resisting?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since we're doing the spoiler thing here already... I thought the heart of the Republic, and the fleet, got wiped out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The resistance is merely tolerated by the New Republic.  The New Republic gave some fighters to the Resistance but that's about it.  I doubt they'd give a huge array of fighters.  Kinda bummed and kinda OK with just x-wings and tie fighters in TFA.

I'm hoping the Republic gets back in the game and there's some good ship battles.

I got the impression a large portion was destroyed, but from what I've read in the new books the different member planets still have small fleets.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 why be called the "Resistance" Sholudnt they be called the Army? And teh FIrst Order be called the Resistance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quite simply, the Y wing wasn't sexy enough to make the cut for the new movie. People want to see fighters fighting, not everything else.

I have a lot of things that I could say about the "rebel fleet" in the new movie. The biggest one being, why the hell is it still called the rebel fleet when these guys won the war!?"

+1 why be called the "Resistance" Sholudnt they be called the Army? And teh FIrst Order be called the Resistance?

It's mentioned in the movie that the New Republic and the Republic navy are not the same as the Resistance.

It's implied that the Empire didn't completely fall and the remnants of the Empire reorganized as the First Order. So, if there is a New Republic, a Resistance and First Order which clearly has a lot of resources then to me this means that the First Order occupies several system and are in a cold war with the New Republic and the Resistance are being supplied with older gear by the New Republic to fight the First Order by proxy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hope we get to see some E-Wings in the next two movies

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11/10662/E-WingRend1920.jpg

Or some XJ-7 Stealth X's
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/Legoman1515/T65XJ5_Stealth.jpg

Really anything from the expanded universe would be cool.
View Quote

E Wings FTMFW.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Bunch of rebel homosexuals

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there still a imperial remnant? It would be kinda neat to have first order try to ally with the old guard imperial navy proper with a thrawn type mixed in for fun. It would be like the Prussian generals of the reichswehr and hitler/brown shirts. I want to see some imperator class star destroyers and how about a executor class as well?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They were more like the A-6 Intruder.  Awesome during their time... 30 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did not see any of the Y-Wing fighters in the new Star Wars movie. They remind me of the A-10 Warthog, what happen ?

They were more like the A-6 Intruder.  Awesome during their time... 30 years ago.

The Y-Wings go back to the clone wars.  They are more like the Skyraider.  The ones seen in the originals have part of their hull removed to make them easier to work on.

Clone wars era Y-wing
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Y-wings were obsolete during the battle of Yavin when the first Death Star was destroyed.   I think only 1 or 2 survived.  Anyhow they were definatly out of service by the time the assault on Star Killer base takes place.  The T-70 X-Wings are an upgrade over the 65s,  but surprisingly the A and B wing were nowhere to be found.
View Quote

I would imagine the B-wings which were designed to assault capital ships were not necessary.  TIE interceptors and A-wings however.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To save money, the Republic decided to replace their large number of different starfighters with one multi-role starfighter program that was manufactured on so many different worlds it could never be cancelled. This became known as the Jedi Star Fighter program.

Sadly, the Jedi Star Fighter program ran into a lot of delays and the Republic fleet eventually demanded that the Republic Senate retire the beloved Y-wing so that they could buy more Jedi Star Fighters. Despite this the Jedi Star Fighter wasn't ready for operations by the time of Episode VII, missing its IOC date due to droid integration problems.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#11]
They're very old, and very outdated.  They were in use during the Clone War.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Y-Wings go back to the clone wars.  They are more like the Skyraider.  The ones seen in the originals have part of their hull removed to make them easier to work on.

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M7e31eb549390c2c5349736bcc88e0685o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=251&h=160

Clone wars era Y-wing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did not see any of the Y-Wing fighters in the new Star Wars movie. They remind me of the A-10 Warthog, what happen ?

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M7e31eb549390c2c5349736bcc88e0685o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=251&h=160

Clone wars era Y-wing

I remember the original Y Wing toy, the cylinder wings came off when you pressed a button on top, to simulate it being blown up. It's role was literally to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#13]

I wasted so many hours of my freshman year of college on that game....once I figured out how to copy my profile and rename it, my wingmen were awesome. Used to harass star destroyers with a single x wing just to rack up tie fighter kills. And I did it all using my mouse to fly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So where is the big ass fleet.

Can't tell me a massive threat to planets only gets checked by 20 x wings
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Resistance is not the Rebellion or the New Republic. They only had two squadrons of X-wings (it's in the movie novelization).

The big ass fleet is with the Republic. Leia gets pissed that the new government won't take the Imperial remnants like the First Order seriously, so she leaves to create the Resistance.

JJ Abrams designed the First Order with the thought that, "what would happen if the Nazis escaped somewhere and started over again." The First Order wants to finish what the Emperor started and that's the major reason they build another planet killing weapon, because that was Palpatine's vision. "Fear will keep them in line" blah blah.

I feel like Snoke might end up being Palpatine's secret apprentice or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I remember the original Y Wing toy, the cylinder wings came off when you pressed a button on top, to simulate it being blown up. It's role was literally to be destroyed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clone wars era Y-wing

If you're talking about the original Y-Wing that fit the Kenner figures, no it fucking well did not.  It had two buttons, one swiveled the top guns and made noise, the other dropped a bomb.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you're talking about the original Y-Wing that fit the Kenner figures, no it fucking well did not.  It had two buttons, one swiveled the top guns and made noise, the other dropped a bomb.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clone wars era Y-wing

Then which one fell apart when you hit a button? I remember that, and there was something else about the wings coming off the y wing that made it a shitty toy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#18]
The panels on the TIE Fighter toy popped off.

And the engines on the smaller diecast Y-wings came off as well.
I definitely remember that because I turned them around and made an E-wing fighter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:06:04 AM EDT
[#19]
On a loose tangent...
perhaps the Kessel run is a measure of shipping and transport efficiency. The better a ship can economize on plotting and navigating the "run", that is the shortest distance among all the points within a set time AND distance, the better or lower the rating. Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs could be equivalent to making the NYC to LAX flight in under 2200 miles.

Which would be some feat requiring a bit of time/space bending, and perhaps a bit of turbo.

Afterall, you don't want to plot your way through a star when making the jump to hyperspace for the NY->LA route. Maybe there's a bit of planet in the way that the hyperspace computers can compensate for and work around. Great circle route IS NOT the shortest distance if you can bend space.

Of course it could just be that George Lucas is a ninny.

Occam and shit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:11:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yet the rebels had the X-Wing, and the Empire still had TIE fighters.

And the USAF still has the F-15... and B-52.

Y wing must have been the Brewster Buffalo of the Rebellion.
View Quote

There are reasons it's referred to in EU as "Pig", "Whishbone" etc.

It's slow, maneuvers like a cow on ice, and has shit sensors. But, it packs a wallop, is plentiful so plenty of spare parts, and commonly available. Pick your poison.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

+1 why be called the "Resistance" Shouldn't they be called the Army? If they won, who are they resisting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Resistance is private army being funded by Leia and several affluent senators that don't agree with the Republic Status Qou of basically ignoring the First Order/remaining Imperial forces.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:25:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The Y-wings were obsolete during the battle of Yavin when the first Death Star was destroyed.   I think only 1 or 2 survived.  Anyhow they were definatly out of service by the time the assault on Star Killer base takes place.  The T-70 X-Wings are an upgrade over the 65s,  but surprisingly the A and B wing were nowhere to be found.
View Quote
Not surprising considering there were only two squadrons worth at most for the resistance.  The X-wing was always the GP fighter, A and B wings were more specialized and you would expect to find them with larger fleets.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Then which one fell apart when you hit a button? I remember that, and there was something else about the wings coming off the y wing that made it a shitty toy.
View Quote

The speeder bike did.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm not a SW nerd, I'm just a fan. But from what I remember from a lore book or two: Just going from what I remember from the X-Wing/ TIE Fighter games and a little EU, but...

The Y-Wing is older technology and it was designed as a bomber. Slower with average shields. Has 4 torpedoes, ion cannon turret on top, and light laser guns for main weapons.Been a while, but IIRC, 8 torps aboard, 2 lasers, turret for the ion cannons wasn't until the deuces. Rockets were more powerful, but only 4, instead of torps.

The X-Wing is a newer design. Best "air superiority" fighter in the galaxy. It also doubles as an attack aircraft with its dual torps. Quad laser cannons for main gun. Same shields as Y-Wing. More of a "multi-role" fighter, good balance of speed, durability, maneuver, shields, and firepower with 4 cannon and 6 torps loaded.

The A-Wing is a newer design. An interceptor with best speed and lightest shields of all rebel fighters. Armed with dual cannons and 2 torps. Agree with all except the torps. I think it was smaller "anti-air" missiles, and 12 of the little fuckers, vs. torps. Think Sidewinders instead of Harpoons. Also, the deuces could rotate the cannons to shoot all the way to the rear.

The B-Wing is the newest design. A heavy attack fighter. Has 4 cannons, 2 ion cannons, 6 torps, and heavy shields. Speed is slightly slower than X-Wing, but faster than Y-Wing. 3 laser, 3 ion, and 8 torps. Also, the lasers were all on the wings, while the ion were all in the nose. Easier to zap fuckers than burn them. Weird, but it was supposedly designed by a fish dude, so what do you expect?

I'll bet we see some of these return for Ep. VIII. Wouldn't argue that one bit. The crashed old-school X-Wing from the trailer suggests there's a LOT of equipment to be salvaged out there. Even the legacy stuff, if you need parts or air, er, space-frames, take what you can get. In the EU, the New Republic even kitted out TIEs with shield retrofit kits. And that don't even count the bubba stuff.

EDIT:  Just found this with a basic search  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Rebel_Alliance_starfighter_classes
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:08:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The TIE fighter did that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:10:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
To save money, the Republic decided to replace their large number of different starfighters with one multi-role starfighter program that was manufactured on so many different worlds it could never be cancelled. This became known as the Jedi Star Fighter program.

Sadly, the Jedi Star Fighter program ran into a lot of delays and the Republic fleet eventually demanded that the Republic Senate retire the beloved Y-wing so that they could buy more Jedi Star Fighters. Despite this the Jedi Star Fighter wasn't ready for operations by the time of Episode VII, missing its IOC date due to droid integration problems.

View Quote

*Snort* What you did there. I see it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:13:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This thread is useless without pics.

I always preferred the B-Wing over the Y-Wing.

http://img00.deviantart.net/047d/i/2013/051/a/2/blue_squadron_b_wing_by_froztbite05-d5votuy.jpg
View Quote

That's an ugly fucking space-fighter. Shit, even the Y-wing is prettier than it. And that's saying something.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Resistance is not the Rebellion or the New Republic. They only had two squadrons of X-wings (it's in the movie novelization).

Yeah, because where have we seen that before?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:22:56 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or some XJ-7 Stealth X's

E Wings FTMFW.

http://pre04.deviantart.net/7fb2/th/pre/f/2009/268/7/d/7d4e8ad3ba5564c49d2cc027b2de7c44.png

Wait, with the dorsal cannon mounted like that, how do you get in or out of the bitch?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#30]
It's odd, when you think about it, that a movie series that was literally designed around commercialization in the form of kids toys, would get bought up by the world's largest children's entertainment corporation...and they would completely and utterly fail to monetize by offering an assortment of toys.

How many vehicles are there in TFA?  We see the new X-Wing and TIE Fighters, the Falcon, a single class of current-gen Star Destroyer, a landing craft, an Imperial shuttle, a Resistance shuttle, Rey's speeder, the small ship that gets blown up as Rey and Finn run towards it, and Han's shitty bulk freighter.  And apparently Rey and Finn somehow grab a snow speeder thing on Starkiller Base in between cuts (looks suspiciously like we lost a scene or two between their finding Rey and Han's showdown with Ren).

I hate to say it, but what the fuck JJ?  Where'd all the other cool ships go?  Both the Resistance and the First Order have zero diversity in their ship designs..and the Resistance doesn't even have cap ships.  Hell, for all we know the First Order only has one fucking Star Destroyer.  We're literally shown more diversity in the form of burnt-out wrecks littering the plains of Jakku than we are intact ships being used.  In a galaxy of hundreds of millions of inhabited planets, the idea that a group consisting of (AT MOST) two squadrons of starfighters, has any relevancy in galactic affairs...is simply insane.  It's like we're watching a movie about a handful of villagers conducting a raid on a tiny temporary FOB in a remote Afghan province...but with all of the trappings and signs of a massive world-shaking event.

Say what you will about the prequels, at least they did a decent job of giving us a fair impression of the Galactic Republic (and then Empire) as a true galaxy-spanning entity with countless worlds and cultures.  It could have been better, but we *did* get to see a huge number of vessels, both in quantity and variety, in active use across many different planets.  TFA gives us Jakku with two small villages, Starkiller Base with some Copy-Pasted Imperials, a smaller and shittier Yavin IV base, and a small jungle bar that magically doesn't even have a landing pad (despite being inhabited by dozens and dozens of sentients who magically vaporize when the First Order strikes).  Did the Galactic War cause the extinction of 99.99999999% of sentients in the galaxy?  Did Disney run out of money for CGI?  Or does JJ Abrams just not give a fuck about giving any sense of scale or wonder...only in setting up the by-the-numbers scenes designed to replicate ANH piece by piece?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was also an X-wing, about 6-8" long, with a button sticking out the ass end, connected to a bungee cord inside. Push it in, bungee goes loose and the wings and nose fall off the sucker.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's odd, when you think about it, that a movie series that was literally designed around commercialization in the form of kids toys, would get bought up by the world's largest children's entertainment corporation...and they would completely and utterly fail to monetize by offering an assortment of toys.

How many vehicles are there in TFA?  We see the new X-Wing and TIE Fighters, the Falcon, a single class of current-gen Star Destroyer, a landing craft, an Imperial shuttle, a Resistance shuttle, Rey's speeder, the small ship that gets blown up as Rey and Finn run towards it, and Han's shitty bulk freighter.  And apparently Rey and Finn somehow grab a snow speeder thing on Starkiller Base in between cuts (looks suspiciously like we lost a scene or two between their finding Rey and Han's showdown with Ren).

I hate to say it, but what the fuck JJ?  Where'd all the other cool ships go?  Both the Resistance and the First Order have zero diversity in their ship designs..and the Resistance doesn't even have cap ships.  Hell, for all we know the First Order only has one fucking Star Destroyer.  We're literally shown more diversity in the form of burnt-out wrecks littering the plains of Jakku than we are intact ships being used.  In a galaxy of hundreds of millions of inhabited planets, the idea that a group consisting of (AT MOST) two squadrons of starfighters, has any relevancy in galactic affairs...is simply insane.  It's like we're watching a movie about a handful of villagers conducting a raid on a tiny temporary FOB in a remote Afghan province...but with all of the trappings and signs of a massive world-shaking event.

Say what you will about the prequels, at least they did a decent job of giving us a fair impression of the Galactic Republic (and then Empire) as a true galaxy-spanning entity with countless worlds and cultures.  It could have been better, but we *did* get to see a huge number of vessels, both in quantity and variety, in active use across many different planets.  TFA gives us Jakku with two small villages, Starkiller Base with some Copy-Pasted Imperials, a smaller and shittier Yavin IV base, and a small jungle bar that magically doesn't even have a landing pad (despite being inhabited by dozens and dozens of sentients who magically vaporize when the First Order strikes).  Did the Galactic War cause the extinction of 99.99999999% of sentients in the galaxy?  Did Disney run out of money for CGI?  Or does JJ Abrams just not give a fuck about giving any sense of scale or wonder...only in setting up the by-the-numbers scenes designed to replicate ANH piece by piece?
View Quote

Hey now, don't go shitting on a man's ship. Not like it made two Death Star runs, or anything. Oh, and not to mention voiding getting ett by an asteroid dwelling giant worm thing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hey now, don't go shitting on a man's ship. Not like it made two Death Star runs, or anything. Oh, and not to mention voiding getting ett by an asteroid dwelling giant worm thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He already said the Falcon. He's talking about that piece of shit he was on with the giant, pissed off creature about halfway through the movie.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

they also spent the last 30 years and millions of credits on a joint service blaster pistol and a competition to replace their aging blaster rifles and ended up changing nothing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was surprised there were no B wings as according to canon (Star Wars Rebels) now they are a relatively new ship compared to the Y wing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Wait, with the dorsal cannon mounted like that, how do you get in or out of the bitch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or some XJ-7 Stealth X's

E Wings FTMFW.

http://pre04.deviantart.net/7fb2/th/pre/f/2009/268/7/d/7d4e8ad3ba5564c49d2cc027b2de7c44.png

Exactly...
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#37]
As a pilot, and a huge Star Wars fan, what has always irked me is the over simplified and useless cockpit design of the X-wing.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Exactly...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or some XJ-7 Stealth X's

E Wings FTMFW.

Exactly...
Canopy slides forward and you wiggle past it to get in? porkins aint going to be flying it though

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Not surprising considering there were only two squadrons worth at most for the resistance.  The X-wing was always the GP fighter, A and B wings were more specialized and you would expect to find them with larger fleets.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There were two squadrons at the Battle of Endor.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Gotta keep introducing new ships and new characters to sell fucking toys.

Oops. I mean "action figures."

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Rebel space ops were overrun by X Wing jocks in the upper echelons. Same as the USAF.  :(
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#42]
The Y-Wing was always my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
B-Wing is best wing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img00.deviantart.net/047d/i/2013/051/a/2/blue_squadron_b_wing_by_froztbite05-d5votuy.jpg

B-Wing is best wing.

Kicked ass in Rebels (where they actually met the little guy that developed the thing...and then got to use the prototype to fuck up some star destroyers...)

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I wasted so many hours of my freshman year of college on that game....once I figured out how to copy my profile and rename it, my wingmen were awesome. Used to harass star destroyers with a single x wing just to rack up tie fighter kills. And I did it all using my mouse to fly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

what about this game?

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would imagine the B-wings which were designed to assault capital ships were not necessary.  TIE interceptors and A-wings however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They assaulted an entire planet, or not-death star.  I would think their bombs would've come in handy.  Of course, that would've totally ruined Poe's daring lone raid to destroy it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Kicked ass in Rebels (where they actually met the little guy that developed the thing...and then got to use the prototype to fuck up some star destroyers...)

https://ewvox.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/b-wing.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

B-Wing is best wing.

https://ewvox.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/b-wing.jpg

I liked the show, but always thought the B-Wing was better in the games in the 90s.  Not that it could blow up an entire capital ship with one blast.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Rebel space ops were overrun by X Wing jocks in the upper echelons. Same as the USAF.  :(
View Quote

Worse, its controlled by a teenage girl, the daughter of some senator, who accompanies a few operations and suddenly she thinks she's an account operator and general. She promoted the shrimp guy because his smell reminds her of childhood troops to the sea. She made her douchebag boyfriend into a general, who then make his smuggler buddies of varying loyalties into generals too. Like making Chelsea Clinton the Secretary of Defense back when she was 19.

The daring pilot Poe probably got his commission because he was banging chunky old Leia. Toss the royal salad and you get command of your own squadron.

Between the obvious nepotism and cronyism of the Rebel Alliance and the Resistance and the outright ridiculous ideology you're forced to accept in the First Order, and obeying a angst filled emo wizard, its a sad state of affairs for all those desiring military service.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#48]
I just read Aftermath which takes place after Return of the Jedi.  Mon Mothma put to vote cutting the Republic's military presence by 90%.  I think this is about the time when the Resistance was formed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
There would have been way more, but the models didn't really show it.  Home One alone carried 10 squadrons and a standard Mon Calamari Cruiser carried 3.  I always thought that Lucas should have used the CGI to show a much larger battle at Endor then he did.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There would have been way more, but the models didn't really show it.  Home One alone carried 10 squadrons and a standard Mon Calamari Cruiser carried 3.  I always thought that Lucas should have used the CGI to show a much larger battle at Endor then he did.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank god we took the reins away from him
Page / 3
Top Top