Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could make a good argument that private individuals suing polluters would do a better job than the EPA.

Muh water rights
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the EPA. Taxation is theft
Unfortunately, as much as I don't trust the government to do the right thing, I also don't trust people to do the right thing.
Quoted for truth.  The EPA sometimes oversteps their authority, but they are necessary, because some people suck.
Nope #taxationistheft

We're on arf, get with the program.
You could make a good argument that private individuals suing polluters would do a better job than the EPA.

Muh water rights
Suing polluters according to whose definition of pollution and in whose courts?  How would they prove harm besides ‘I don’t like that oil sheen on top of the foam in the river’?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All you have to do is watch the videos posted here and elsewhere where the "government" is the entity tasked with cleaning up issues to see how wrong you are.

The EPA did not fix our pollution issues.  State and local communities got together and fixed them.   Individual people made individual choices and helped fix those issues.

Oh and stop saying "companies" because a company is a legal entity that can't pollute anything.   PEOPLE pollute and the best solution to ass holes who have no regard for the environment, whether they are people who are running a business or individuals defecating in public, is not some poorly managed bureaucracy in D.C. but the actions of those in the communities closest to the problem.

You can have a dozen entities similar to the EPA but if your people have no regard for their lands, resources, or themselves, as you see in India, China, and elsewhere, it won't make a lick of good.

Likewise, you could disband the EPA today and we wouldn't revert back to burning rivers tomorrow.
View Quote
Yeah it would be a year or two probably
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They polluted their river making cheap disposable batteries for us.
View Quote
Free market economy. Why should I care what they do to themselves.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Suing polluters according to whose definition of pollution and in whose courts?  How would they prove harm besides ‘I don’t like that oil sheen on top of the foam in the river’?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately, as much as I don't trust the government to do the right thing, I also don't trust people to do the right thing.
Quoted for truth.  The EPA sometimes oversteps their authority, but they are necessary, because some people suck.
Nope #taxationistheft

Muh water rights
The definition presented by those affected.

There's a couple papers I've read which have a real good case against the EPA. One I linked earlier.

Another I'll have to dig for, but made this point:

The author makes the argument that a government agency will never make those affected whole again. If a guy pollutes your irrigation on your farm, he gets a fine, you lose your crops. Who wins? The government. A citizen would be better served by a court, that way offenders pay directly for the severity of the infraction.

I believe he uses Bank of America as an example, relating environmentalism to the banking industry. BoA has paid 90+ billion dollars in fines the last 10 years. Clearly their model is "it's cheaper to pay the fines and do what we want". The people affected don't get a dime.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There's a couple papers I've read which have a real good case against the EPA. One I linked earlier.

The author makes the argument that a government agency will never make those affected whole again. If a guy pollutes your irrigation on your farm, he gets a fine, you lose your crops. Who wins? The government. A citizen would be better served by a court, that way offenders pay directly for the severity of the infraction.

I believe he uses Bank of America as an example, relating environmentalism to the banking industry. BoA has paid 90+ billion dollars in fines the last 10 years. Clearly their model is "it's cheaper to pay the fines and do what we want". The people affected don't get a dime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope #taxationistheft

Muh water rights
Suing polluters according to whose definition of pollution and in whose courts?  How would they prove harm besides 'I don't like that oil sheen on top of the foam in the river'?

And what citizen is going to be able to afford the lawyers and experts to sue a big corp?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All you have to do is watch the videos posted here and elsewhere where the "government" is the entity tasked with cleaning up issues to see how wrong you are.

The EPA did not fix our pollution issues.  State and local communities got together and fixed them.   Individual people made individual choices and helped fix those issues.

Oh and stop saying "companies" because a company is a legal entity that can't pollute anything.   PEOPLE pollute and the best solution to ass holes who have no regard for the environment, whether they are people who are running a business or individuals defecating in public, is not some poorly managed bureaucracy in D.C. but the actions of those in the communities closest to the problem.

You can have a dozen entities similar to the EPA but if your people have no regard for their lands, resources, or themselves, as you see in India, China, and elsewhere, it won't make a lick of good.

Likewise, you could disband the EPA today and we wouldn't revert back to burning rivers tomorrow.
Yes, because state and local governments wouldn't exist in the EPA went away.  

Governments, and the US Government in particular, have done as much if not more damage to the environment than any one company.

EPA takes blame for Colorado mine waste spill

Pollution control, clean water, and air are a product of people making good decisions; not some government agency in some far away city.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And what citizen is going to be able to afford the lawyers and experts to sue a big corp?
View Quote
The same citizens and lawyers who sue big corporations today.    Really, this isn't rocket science.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope #taxationistheft

Muh water rights
Suing polluters according to whose definition of pollution and in whose courts?  How would they prove harm besides 'I don't like that oil sheen on top of the foam in the river'?

This used to be how the United States operated until the early to late 1800s.

Many people were successful against the railroads and standard oil
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Governments, and the US Government in particular, have done as much if not more damage to the environment than any one company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtZmpPVFiHk

Pollution control, clean water, and air are a product of people making good decisions; not some government agency in some far away city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah fuck the government, they’ve never helped society.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah fuck the government, they've never helped society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah fuck the government, they've never helped society.
I didn't say that.   The government has a legitimate role wherein they can be used against people who pollute in various ways.

That doesn't mean the EPA is the way to go about it.

Edit because I can:

Monty Python What have the romans ever done for us (Nl subs)
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you ever met an Indian that came here and was not A) Hardworking B) Smart?   The college grads come here to leave their shithole.  I grew up near an Indian family in NJ in the 70's.  Besides being the world worst tippers to a paperboy and having a stinky house (curry) they were super smart and wanted better for their children.

And finally they're mostly Hindu.   Peaceful people that typically don't smoke or drink alcohol.
View Quote
I work with a LOT of Indians. Their best and brightest ain't all that good or bright.

What do they have going for them? They work cheap. Even here. We hire guys with Masters degrees in Engineering to work as technicians because they need the sponsorship to avoid going back to that shithole.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I didn't say that.   The government has a legitimate role wherein they can be used against people who pollute in various ways.

That doesn't mean the EPA is the way to go about it.

Edit because I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ozEZxOsanY
View Quote
The EPA is a response to a problem, nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been to India (and its somewhat related neighbors Sri Lanka and Bangladesh).

Sanitation was pretty rough in European and U.S. cities in, say, 1820, but I still don't think it was as bad.  You guys like making fun of San Francisco for the homeless poop problem, but it isn't even 10% of India's.  Plus there's not cows rooting through piles of garbage and human waste everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
The video that auto plays after, "The worlds dirtiest river", is worse. Its in Indonesia.

Just because of the amount of metals being dumped in from factories
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The video that auto plays after, "The worlds dirtiest river", is worse. Its in Indonesia.

View Quote
Those people should just sue. That would fix the issue right quick
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#16]
A couple of nukes in each affected river would fix things right up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow lawsuits really fixed that!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The EPA is a response to a problem, nothing more.
View Quote
The EPA was the quintessential government solution to a problem that was in the process of being solved.   That entity was a massive government power grab which is now used as a club to bludgeon the American consumer.

You think the states don't handle matters of environmental damage?    They do and have since our founding's inception.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you not watch the video?   The government is involved (see the end of the video) and they aren't doing much of anything to fix the problem.

The people should go to their local governments and fix the problem themselves.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
The United States Government, specifically the agency I've been talking about, caused that to happen.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The EPA is completely out of control, a burden to our economy, ineffective and incompetent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The EPA was the quintessential government solution to a problem that was in the process of being solved.   That entity was a massive government power grab which is now used as a club to bludgeon the American consumer.

You think the states don't handle matters of environmental damage?    They do and have since our founding's inception.
View Quote
I’m not claiming the EPA is perfect or not a problem at times.

I am aware states do things themselves too
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
But doncha know, we’ve got to ban plastic straws to save the planet! What’s India’s least polluted river look like? I bet it is still god-aweful.
View Quote
Change we can believe in!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not claiming the EPA is perfect or not a problem at times.

I am aware states do things themselves too
View Quote
The standard isn't "are they perfect."

The standard is, 1. is it constitutional and 2. does it help more than it harms.

I would argue no to both.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#26]
The zombie apocalypse will start in India. There is zero doubt about this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The EPA is completely out of control, a burden to our economy, ineffective and incompetent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, tell me how private industry is going to remediate the superfund tragedy of the commons?

Or maybe private industry and free market will resolve this?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
 We're talking about a country where the concept of a "flush toilet" is not universally accepted and in fact there is substantial resistance to using them.

We get the SMARTEST people India has to offer,  via immigration.   What's left in India is on average considerably less intelligent than those who are bright enough to leave for a better life elsewhere.

In short, it's a country filled with hundreds of millions of dullards.   Expect no great feats of environmental remediation out of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the hell don't these people put something in place to try and clean the river?
 We're talking about a country where the concept of a "flush toilet" is not universally accepted and in fact there is substantial resistance to using them.

We get the SMARTEST people India has to offer,  via immigration.   What's left in India is on average considerably less intelligent than those who are bright enough to leave for a better life elsewhere.

In short, it's a country filled with hundreds of millions of dullards.   Expect no great feats of environmental remediation out of them.
And yet American companies are falling over each other in a race to outsource as much of their back office to India as possible.

Silicon Valley bio-med start-ups are racing to produce systems similar to the Da Vinci Surgical System, so an "M.D." in India can perform your heart bypass from India using remote surgical devices at 1/10th the cost.

Positions in accounting, investment research, risk management, computer programming, you name it, are all slated for wholesale export to Indian outsourcing firms. It matters not that the Indian product is generally crap. All our companies are concerned with is "cheaper."

Dullards or not, India will own a large share of the American corporate back office in the years to come. And it won't just be software development. Software developers were just the first.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#29]
If they ever exchanged nukes with Pakistan that whole region would improve.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Indians I’ve met in the US seem to be smart, ambitious and productive. That’s how immigration is suppose to work. When it comes to
Mexico, we get the day workers
View Quote
I would say 50% at most fit the bill. And that's being generous. I've worked with hundreds of them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And for some reason we can't seem to bring these people here fast enough. Why? I have no idea why we need to import thousands of these people who have ruined their own country. Imagine what they see when they see clean rivers. Garbage dumps?
View Quote
When I drive past the local small university it is like another world. Indians or Pakis all up and down the streets with umbrellas over them for the sun. God forbid one has a car, watch out. The ones I worked with were all very nice and kept themselves clean but I think that is rare.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The standard isn't "are they perfect."

The standard is, 1. is it constitutional and 2. does it help more than it harms.

I would argue no to both.
View Quote
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

States don't have the money to fix the issues companies leave behind. I know the government can't give money they don't steal from the people through taxation, which is theft, but we wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for federal money and debt going back to the Revolutionary War.

In short, my position is that neither private industry/free market nor government programs are the solution by themselves.

The Disposal of Sodium, 1947 Washington State
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Going there Saturday to do the needful.

anyone want some take out?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
India is another THE shithole.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The EPA let the toxic crap loose. That's on them. But the mining company created the toxic sludge to begin with. $20 says they declared bankruptcy when the mine went dry and/or when they realized they were on the hook for cleanup costs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OK, tell me how private industry is going to remediate the superfund tragedy of the commons?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/ed/79/39ed799321322845af56399bd6a5ad9b.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/ed/79/39ed799321322845af56399bd6a5ad9b.png

Because the EPA does such a WONDERFUL job with it now...
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because the EPA does such a WONDERFUL job with it now...
View Quote
What's your proposal?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To state the obvious:  that's a preamble; an introduction to the legal document that follows.

Would you kindly tease out the authorization for such an agency from the list of delegated powers found in Article I, section 8:

Section 8.The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

The states, unquestionably, have authority and jurisdiction in this venue.   The US Government?   You have bend and stretch quite a few words to get there.

Quoted:

States don't have the money to fix the issues companies leave behind. I know the government can't give money they don't steal from the people through taxation, which is theft, but we wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for federal money and debt going back to the Revolutionary War.

In short, my position is that neither private industry/free market nor government programs are the solution by themselves.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7mTCMvpEM
I don't believe taxation is theft.   I believe taxation is taxation.    I also believe in contracts and the US Constitution is a contract that lays out the powers delegated to the federal government while reserving the rest to the states and the people.

If money is such an issue, and it shouldn't be give given the map of Superfund sites you posted above and the annual budgets of many of the states involved in such things, then Congress could raise funds to send to the states in need.

Of course money isn't an issue.

Take a look at the map of Superfund sites you just posted above.   Now go look at the annual budgets for the states hardest hit and compare that to what the EPA has appropriated for Superfund sites annually.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What's your proposal?
View Quote
Not sure, let me think about it and get back to you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The EPA let the toxic crap loose. That's on them. But the mining company created the toxic sludge to begin with. $20 says they declared bankruptcy when the mine went dry and/or when they realized they were on the hook for cleanup costs.
View Quote
Yes, the mining company created a toxic sludge and, as far as I know, they kept it in one place where the damage was localized.

The state and relevant authorities can have at them up to and including holding the owners liable personally and perhaps criminally if need be.

As is often the case, the US Government took a horrible situation and made it infinitely worse.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't even fap to Indian chick porn after watching videos about the Ganges.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How the hell don't these people put something in place to try and clean the river?
View Quote
Consider that 500 MILLION people take a shit every day on the open ground, and leave it there.. just walk away.
there are 400 MILLION people in India that have never held a single square of toilet paper in their entire life.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are close to a billion people who live within walking distance of the Yamuna and Ganges Rivers in India.

Where do you recommend we put the sanitation system?

Just as an example of what a large-scale disaster it is, Bangladesh is downstream from the Ganges, forming a delta that is basically a nation built on a diarrhea swamp, with one of the largest populations of all nations on earth.

China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil
Pakistan
Nigeria
Bangladesh

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I see a great business opportunity selling unfiltered water with Vitamins and minerals to Liberals here in the US
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

To state the obvious:  that's a preamble; an introduction to the legal document that follows.

Would you kindly tease out the authorization for such an agency from the list of delegated powers found in Article I, section 8:

Section 8.The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

The states, unquestionably, have authority and jurisdiction in this venue.   The US Government?   You have bend and stretch quite a few words to get there.

I don't believe taxation is theft.   I believe taxation is taxation.    I also believe in contracts and the US Constitution is a contract that lays out the powers delegated to the federal government while reserving the rest to the states and the people.

If money is such an issue, and it shouldn't be give given the map of Superfund sites you posted above and the annual budgets of many of the states involved in such things, then Congress could raise funds to send to the states in need.

Of course money isn't an issue.

Take a look at the map of Superfund sites you just posted above.   Now go look at the annual budgets for the states hardest hit and compare that to what the EPA has appropriated for Superfund sites annually.
View Quote

Everything the US stands for nowadays is unconstitutional. I don't see that changing soon.

The same states that can't/won't effectively fight wildfires on land they don't own because they don't want it because it's easier to make the feds deal with it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same can be said about China, Middle East, and Africa.  They make Central America look like a paradise of potential workers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There are close to a billion people who live within walking distance of the Yamuna and Ganges Rivers in India.

Just as an example of what a large-scale disaster it is, Bangladesh is downstream from the Ganges, forming a delta that is basically a nation built on a diarrhea swamp, with one of the largest populations of all nations on earth.

China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil
Pakistan
Nigeria
Bangladesh

https://www.drivingdirectionsandmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/country-maps/bg-country-map.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil
Pakistan
Nigeria
Bangladesh

https://www.drivingdirectionsandmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/country-maps/bg-country-map.gif
If we could go back in history and decap the Himalayan mountains, the world would be a better place.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was hard to surpass the pollution levels of the Ganges river but the Yamuna did it.
View Quote
Ganges will not be mocked by the rookie pollution of Yamuna!  Behold!  The power of Ganges!

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top