User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Chris_C

dude i like your optimism but it ain't going away anytime soon. remember how long the GWOT lasted? this is the new enemy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once this COVID shit goes away, I see drug addiction, alcoholism and suicide rates jump up in the health care field when they lose their BS "Hero" status, everyone quits caring about their Tik Tok dance videos and just go back to being fucking nurses.

@Chris_C

dude i like your optimism but it ain't going away anytime soon. remember how long the GWOT lasted? this is the new enemy.

Bingo

ETA:  same mo

GWoTerrorism
is Terrorism real? Yes.
is the “response” exaggerated and exploited by our Ruling Class Decision Makers? Yes. 1,000%

GWoCovid
is Virus real? Yes.
is the “response” exaggerated and exploited by our Ruling Class Decision Makers? Yes.  1,000%

People don’t think the The Great Reset be like it is but it do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

..and good IG, Facetime and Snapchat filters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, just tight fitting PPE worn uninterrupted for long and repeated shifts.

..and good IG, Facetime and Snapchat filters.

Fo. SHO.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I swear, nothing but a bunch of look at me's

You think Jose who is grinding fiberglass all day in south florida with its 100 and no AC with his N95 on and full tyvek suit is being a drama queen like that.

Not to mention he gets paid 1/4 of what they do.
View Quote

^^ This!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Probably single with a cat.

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nurses?

View Quote

For a career that only requires a 2 year degree they are paid very well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The deification of the medical profession is ridiculously cringe.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Zero fucks to give. There's this stuff called padding, I think It was invented only about a thousand years ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What the fuck is wrong with their faces, are they all domestic violence victims?
View Quote
They get attacked by patients fairly often. Wearing PPE for a 12 hour shift day after day does terrible things for your skin too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we might be going a little over the top with the hero crap but I can promise you their jobs are not easy and I doubt most of the critics here would actually want to (or could) spend a day in their shoes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They get attacked by patients fairly often. Wearing PPE for a 12 hour shift day after day does terrible things for your skin too.
View Quote

thats why god invented haldol, ativan, and benadryl
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think we might be going a little over the top with the hero crap but I can promise you their jobs are not easy and I doubt most of the critics here would actually want to (or could) spend a day in their shoes.
View Quote

I doubt they could spend a day in Jose's shoes.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Not heros.  

I best most “believe” in science while also saying there are 5,456.04 genders.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nurses?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol they want to feel special. They are making a ton of money. No fucks given. 100%

Nurses?

Unless you live under a rock, nurses do make good money.  Specialty nurses make great money.  Some Cov19 workers are getting premium pay and bonus pay.  

Add into that, the click money from tic toc videos and they will all soon compete with the doctors for Porsche parking.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm at home, now employed part time.

So sure, good for them.

Next time I get filthy testing a concrete pour or doing nuclear moisture density testing of soils in some trench 40" away from 18 wheelers going through the construction zone at 40 mph, I'll make sure I take a photo of myself and post it on social media as a "look at me, I'm an essential worker, DERP DERP."

America is now a 5th grade classroom of whiny little bitches.

Do your jobs, cash your paychecks and shut the fuck up. You hit hero status when you don't come home from a war zone.
View Quote
How about when covid patients are coughing all over you while not wearing their masks? Or cleaning up a patient that has shit themselves from head to toe while laying in their bed? My wife has had to deal with all kinds of shit I wouldn't want to.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm at home, now employed part time.

So sure, good for them.

Next time I get filthy testing a concrete pour or doing nuclear moisture density testing of soils in some trench 40" away from 18 wheelers going through the construction zone at 40 mph, I'll make sure I take a photo of myself and post it on social media as a "look at me, I'm an essential worker, DERP DERP."

America is now a 5th grade classroom of whiny little bitches.

Do your jobs, cash your paychecks and shut the fuck up. You hit hero status when you don't come home from a war zone.
View Quote

Same here.  Bridge painting rehab work.  Guys dragging blast hoses all day around 70 vertical feet of scaffolding, blasting with visibility at 1 foot, wearing a harness, etc.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lets please remember that these are front line heroes and not objectify them.

https://blog.diversitynursing.com/hs-fs/hubfs/Button2.jpg?width=685&name=Button2.jpg
View Quote

3, 1, 2 with masks on, 1, 3, 2 with them off
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
all this brain washing over a little common cold......
View Quote

An ass-kicker of a common cold, but still a common cold.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Those of us in the oilfield say "suck our dicks".  Pussies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've never have or seen anyone else look like that wearing half face respirators or n95 masks day after day. Occasional redness, sure, looking like you got beat with a fucking chain? No.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ain't that the truth. They'd have their ass ran off by the tool pusher on the first day

Roughnecks at Work in HD - Drilling Rig Pipe Connection
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Screw 'em, and their Bullshit Corona flu!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#27]
My nurses and doctors at Mayo for my hip replacement were amazing. Just saying.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Have we coined a term for these types of people that think very highly of themselves?  They work the hardest at their jobs patting themselves on the back.

Just wondering what word to use to fill in the blank.

-My kid’s teacher is a total “____”
-My neighbor is a nurse and has one of those “___” signs in her yard.  
-My sister just graduated from nursing school and went full-blown “___”.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Cry me a river

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I see at least two chinese spies and one crack addict, plus that one dude dumb enough to volunteer to clean the deep fryer in the cafeteria two weeks in a row.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

novel coronavirus
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How about when covid patients are coughing all over you while not wearing their masks? Or cleaning up a patient that has shit themselves from head to toe while laying in their bed? My wife has had to deal with all kinds of shit I wouldn't want to.
View Quote

So she is a CNA?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#33]

They must be really overworked if they have time to dance on Tik-Tok, and how many of them in the scrubs are actually "nurses" and not some receptionist or medical billing?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Do you know who the real heroes are?

The Mods.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

3, 1, 2 with masks on, 1, 3, 2 with them off
View Quote

help me out here with how this number rating thing works....i wasnt born into the web era.

the chica with the glasses is the hot one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Latex allergies?
View Quote

This or the glue in the masks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My nurses and doctors at Mayo for my hip replacement were amazing. Just saying.
View Quote

Yeah but these covid restrictions are out of control. so now I hate people who have nothing to do with it.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Go to Walmart and your on "the front line".  Health workers are exposed to all kinds of disease everyday, comes with the profession, this virus is no different.  The term front line has been beat to death at this point.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Come on.  At least give them some applause for their service!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/44ee3639105a59f5c1ac482c3064dd6d/tenor.gif?itemid=16760196
View Quote
For what? Doing their jobs?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.

But the criticism is not of the work they are doing.

The criticism is that they are being used as propaganda.

The criticism (specifically) for these Insta, Twitter and TikTok nurses vids and pics is that they are ignorantly and unknowingly yet actively participating in the performative acts of propaganda and psyops against the larger population.

The implied meaning of the dancing TikTok vids is:

This “pandemic” is so bad, look at these suffering RNs!  We must allow shutdowns and lockdowns and destruction of our country and complete usurpation of our rights to fight this.  If you question this or disagree, you obviously must hate America, hate grandma, and hate all these heroes sacrificing for your health and safety.

Support the Troops Frontline Healthcare Workers

If you question .gov/cdc and corporate media you hate America.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Wife is an OT. Neither of us think she’s special for being in the medical profession right now. Just thankful that she still has a job.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://blog.diversitynursing.com/hs-fs/hubfs/Button2.jpg?width=685&name=Button2.jpg
View Quote

3,1, NOPE!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

They objectify themselves...for a healthy dosing, may I suggest NursePods on IG.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

After close to thirty years in the oil industry and a fire fighter in a refinery, I have to say you have a point.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do you know who the real heroes are?

The Mods.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I was driving down the road the other day and noticed a vet clinic had a "Veterinarian Heros Work Here" sign in the front yard.  Trying to cash in to the public support for real doctors and nurses that face covid every day...because they work on animals is sad and wrong. The cashiers at the grocery store face a bigger threat than they do.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Many, not all, but many of the critics can't endure wearing a mask for even 5 minutes because "my face feels hot" and "it makes my glasses foggy." Of course they substitute alternative justifications for their inability to withstand even momentary discomfort.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#48]
For $5,000-$10,000 a week, I will walk into a COVID unit bare-faced and take a deep fucking breath.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread reminded me of a quote from Anthony Scarramucci about Steve Bannon, about him trying to suck his own cock.

I can tell you from experience, the amount of autofellatio occurring in healthcare right now is at an all time high, much of it by people who aren't even on the front lines, but want to be associated with it. Everyone in the building is a "Healthcare Hero" and don't you forget it!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

+1

Many, not all, but many of the critics can't endure wearing a mask for even 5 minutes because "my face feels hot" and "it makes my glasses foggy." Of course they substitute alternative justifications for their inability to withstand even momentary discomfort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

A nurse wearing PPE is part of their job.

I shouldn't have to wear nurse PPE to walk my fucking dog. It's totally arbitrary.

Arbitrarily force nurses to wear offshore tank cleanout PPE to buy groceries. It's probably more effective than a simple mask. It's for safety. If it saves just one life. Trust the science. See if they complain.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top