Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As the guy who crafted the scenario, let me clear something up.

Person A & Person B are neighbors with matching F150s and 401ks, and they both post on Arfcom.  

Person B is posting ideas about how he'd handle a mob outside his house, and Person A is making fun of B for LAPRing.
View Quote

Well put
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We really need a discussion, Goatboy and management, about changing or eliminating CoC 4.  Looking at the events of the year to date. Its just obsolete.
View Quote

It's not possible anymore.  Even if you bankroll the whole thing yourself, the feds will shut down your site.  

If you want to do that you're going to have to do it with your own money.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LOL

You've never dealt with these kinds of people before, have you?

And what are you supposed to do about your house, your wife, your kids if you're in jail and one guy from the mob comes back at 3am?

Even if you aren't in jail, what do you do when a guy comes back at 3am 6 months from now?

You have to sleep, one guy only has to skip one night to burn you out.
View Quote

Sorry you have no friends, and your neighbors hate you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How do you even deal with a mob that size threatening to burn you out? You can drop a few, but they're just going to Zergling rush you.
View Quote

They could've zerg rushed Kyle Rittenhouse but as soon as he turned some brains into Jell-O and some biceps into pink mist, the big crowd dispersed rather quickly.

Add the cover of your own home and they'd be pissing themselves to scurry away like roaches once a few got roasted trying to start the fire.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess I would find out if they get me.  I'm fairly certain I could get a quite a few of them before they breached the house at which point I would retreat to the various choke points and put up further defense .If I die defending my life I'm fine with that as long as I got a few in the process.  

If I thought there was no way I would retain my freedom I would make sure any injured are no longer injured, reload and get ready for the police to show up or possibly bug out and go active on any high value targets I can find. The way I see it is if there is no way out might as well make the best of it. Besides, taking a mag dump to the body beats suffocating to death from cancer or whatever other horrific way I'll end up going out.  

Not sure what other choice you would have? Put your life at the mercy of a racist mob so you can eat from a blender and be confine to a wheelchair for the rest of your life? Yea no thanks, not even an option.

None if this would happen if they just left me alone, but if you are going to force me to do things I'm going to do them to the best of my ability. Don't expect mercy, none will be coming.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And binary triggers. Just saying.
View Quote
While I am not saying I disagree - I can bet money that if that happened, binary triggers would be on the legal chopping block.

I have a little package sitting on my work table.  Not sure if I want to risk such a nice range toy tempting legislative fate.  Almost want to keep my good guns in backup and only keep a burner bedside.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How do you even deal with a mob that size threatening to burn you out? You can drop a few, but they're just going to Zergling rush you.
View Quote

90% of them would run for cover and guess what they would do next.  Call the cops.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.oowinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/601008.jpg

Busch league.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL

You've never dealt with these kinds of people before, have you?

And what are you supposed to do about your house, your wife, your kids if you're in jail and one guy from the mob comes back at 3am?

Even if you aren't in jail, what do you do when a guy comes back at 3am 6 months from now?

You have to sleep, one guy only has to skip one night to burn you out.
View Quote

What if they were ALREADY going to burn you out?

You missed your chance to prevent it when you did nothing.

This is how it works by your logic.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Christ I hope I never have to count on you in a fight....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem.

If you fight that battle and win (drop a dozen and the rest GTFO), the law will see to it that your life is over. If you fight that battle and lose, the mob will ensure that your life is over.

You're better off not fighting that battle.

Christ I hope I never have to count on you in a fight....

better to drop as many as you can, better to take your chances in court, better never to bend a knee to anyone.......don't know about anyone else but that kinda thing, bending a knee is not in my genetic makeup, besides I don't kneel in church I see no reason to in front of a bunch of assholes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I did not see many people running for their lives in the Kenoshaw videos.  They are growing more and more accustom to gunfire it appears - perhaps that is why the powers that direct them are having them explode fireworks - so when guns start going off they will not realize the shit just hit the fan.  
---
I personally have worried a bit about arson.  I have had a shit load of stuff stolen from my ranch over the years. It has all been "entitlement" thefts so far.  He is not using it, so who will care if we steel it - we deserve the money more than he does.   Most were old tractor implements stolen for scrap iron), or stuff from a mostly deserted ranch house.  If I did get some game cams and got good pictures, odds are nobody would go to jail for long - but the chance of a random fire would go up 100 fold.  As for "random" fires, we had over 100 tons of feed burn one Thanksgiving.  At least I am completely sure that one was not intentional, but having gone through 2 fires - I tend to believe arson would be a simple crime for an asshole to get away with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Just sit quietly,  unseen, and be prepared to unleash hellfire upon anyone wishing to do you and your homestead harm.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Two people are about to compete in an event that neither has ever participated in.

Person A has never thought about it.

Person B has spent countless hours visualizing, and role playing his competition in the event.

Who do you put your money on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's some next level larping going on up in this bitch.

Two people are about to compete in an event that neither has ever participated in.

Person B has spent countless hours visualizing, and role playing his competition in the event.

The reason LARP became a pejorative, is because grown men wasting time learning to fight with imaginary magic spells in the form of tennis balls is silly and useless.

Learning to fight with real weapons, defend with real gear, and work as real teams to achieve objectives in a time when civil unrest is not only likely but actively occuring?  That is not LARPing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What if they were ALREADY going to burn you out?

You missed your chance to prevent it when you did nothing.

This is how it works by your logic.
View Quote

*Sigh*

This isn't a single event and done, it's an inflection point that leads to a series of connected events.

Yes, shoot the guy trying to burn you out - just realize that's the start of the events, not the end of it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the riot footage of the previous summer is any indication, you don't have to engage the whole crowd.

As soon as stupid prizes start getting won and heads start to get extra holes, they start running for their lives.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, shoot the guy trying to burn you out - just realize that's the start of the events, not the end of it.
View Quote
At best, you will need to sell your house and move.  It will forever be a target and you will never find peace in it again.  How many months do you think the active protesting will last?  But even after that is over, a drive by with a molotov will fuck up your night.

I recall a post last week about buying real estate in a trust.  Not sure how bad that sucks from a tax perspective, but at least it might make tracking you take an extra 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The reason LARP became a pejorative, is because grown men wasting time learning to fight with imaginary magic spells in the form of tennis balls is silly and useless.

Learning to fight with real weapons, defend with real gear, and work as real teams to achieve objectives in a time when civil unrest is not only likely but actively occuring?  That is not LARPing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

*Sigh*

This isn't a single event and done, it's an inflection point that leads to a series of connected events.

View Quote

Sort of like when you knock up the farmer's daughter.

You deal with it.

How you deal with it determines whether you go on to own the farm, or whether have to go look for work in another state.

When you fail to defend your family, I submit that the latter is the likely outcome.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#19]
How many roof-top Koreans went to jail?   Are you the only "neighbor" you can count on?  That's something to get resolved.  If you can.  If they try to light up your neighbor, will you be there for them?  Will they be there for you?

I think one can rest assured that if a neighborhood, or even individual, lays out a couple of "mostly peaceful protesters" and gets swamped by the survivors or LE, you will see big changes. Because "Coming to a neighborhood near you!" just got real.  There aren't enough cops to tamp it down and not enough protesters to go around.  And the pols and liberals need to know.  Their thugs are the only ones that might promise to "Come back some night."
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

For all the hate and bitching ARFcommandos have for .30cal rifles, this is exactly what the 7.62nato does best... using heavy chunks of lead to plough indiscriminately through unruly crowds of assholes.

Grab your Magpul D50s chock full of M80A1 and a 308 carbine with a sweet trigger.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Personally I'd target the medics and chicks first. It's the cruel thing to do.

Let them know IDGAF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The women will rout. The soy boys will rout. You pop the ones that look testosteronish and the rest will bail.

Let them know IDGAF.

The 'medics' are the guys with guns & riot tools.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hogwash. Thousands of people every year defend themselves with a firearm. Hundreds of thousands. Gary Kleck I think claimed MILLIONS. It is unlikely that anyone other than the violent gang members trying to rush your front porch will be arrested and go to prison. At least, the ones that aren't dead yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem.

If you fight that battle and win (drop a dozen and the rest GTFO), the law will see to it that your life is over. If you fight that battle and lose, the mob will ensure that your life is over.

You're better off not fighting that battle.

Un

Der

Score

Join

Date

Count

Or something.  What he says is extremely likely to play out, if not inevitable.

Hogwash. Thousands of people every year defend themselves with a firearm. Hundreds of thousands. Gary Kleck I think claimed MILLIONS. It is unlikely that anyone other than the violent gang members trying to rush your front porch will be arrested and go to prison. At least, the ones that aren't dead yet.

Some mentioned a dozen fatalities.  If you think that won't earn a trip through the legal wringer you're off your rocker.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't buy that.  Plenty of do-nothing, have-nothing asswipes are putting it down in the streets nightly, while plenty of "trained, equipped and ready" dudes sit comfortably in their homes playing out "riot scenarios" on their keyboards while the cities inhabited by other leftists burn.
View Quote

I wouldn't walk to the mailbox to save Minneapolis. But if they come to my neighborhood that's different. I  be literally hope they keep burning Portland and Minneapolis. The fucking hipster scumbags in those cities voted for this shit, let em have it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Please try.

Ill even make you an appointment time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

the guy who has less to lose
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the guy who has less to lose

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so, at least not that immediate night.  Video evidence and history prove that when a few shots ring out and people are dropped, the crowd will disperse quickly. They are not THAT committed or courageous to mount some kind of suicidal charge.  Sadly, I am also quite confident that no matter where that happens, the trouble is only beginning for the homeowner, starting that immediate night (cops, DAs, etc.)

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yep.  These aren't hardened warriors who have watched buddies die with pieces of them missing.   When they see a comrade screaming in pain rolling on the ground holding a wouded body part they are not likely to have the training or motivation to stand there and take it themselves.

Maybe after many many engagements, but not right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hardly. These aren't Japanese banzai soldiers awaiting glory by dying for the Emperor. Unless you somehow draw the short stick of confronting the hardest or the hard leftists, these are the same guys who call the police when their shoes catch on fire and get their lines busted up by four cops bum rushing them.

Yep.  These aren't hardened warriors who have watched buddies die with pieces of them missing.   When they see a comrade screaming in pain rolling on the ground holding a wouded body part they are not likely to have the training or motivation to stand there and take it themselves.

Maybe after many many engagements, but not right now.

And yet, Kenosha...
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is not “LARPING” if it’s actually happening, newb
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Doesn’t matter. Bend the knee, submit to vandalism, physical attacks up to getting killed, or defend yourself and wind up broke and in prison. You have no right to defend yourself or your property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn’t matter. Bend the knee, submit to vandalism, physical attacks up to getting killed, or defend yourself and wind up broke and in prison. You have no right to defend yourself or your property.

I wish people would stop saying stupid fucking bullshit like this, even in jest. You sound like a drone whose been controlled and trained with preconditioned responses to certain keywords like Pavlov's dog, FFS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They could've zerg rushed Kyle Rittenhouse but as soon as he turned some brains into Jell-O and some biceps into pink mist, the big crowd dispersed rather quickly.

Add the cover of your own home and they'd be pissing themselves to scurry away like roaches once a few got roasted trying to start the fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the point I was going to make as well. The idea of an unstoppable "zerg rush" is ridiculous. These are not some medieval battle tested warriors who will storm the gates of hell without so much as blinking. We're mainly talking about skiny fat soy boy cowards 90lbs soaking wet and their gender ambiguous biologically female companions. These are morons who think that getting their Starbucks order mixed up is a major life struggle. When the first few (2-3) heads turn inside out from well-placed rounds they will  shit their pants and run back to step-mommy. These are vermin in human form.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I agree in principle.   The problem is ... someone in the crowd throws a Molotov cocktail starts shooting.   Then what?  No sane person is going to spray and pray, especially if the rest are not advancing, or presenting an immediate threat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Use of deadly force is justifiable for arson.  Just saying.

I agree in principle.   The problem is ... someone in the crowd throws a Molotov cocktail starts shooting.   Then what?  No sane person is going to spray and pray, especially if the rest are not advancing, or presenting an immediate threat.

How about now?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Notice how they arent pulling this shit in the South?

No coincidence.
View Quote

Or in states with stand your ground laws.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There is some truth here.  a single house is very difficult to defend realistically without a team.  all it takes is one cocktail getting on the roof.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is some truth here.  a single house is very difficult to defend realistically without a team.  all it takes is one cocktail getting on the roof.

One man vs a mob is retarded, just bad tactics.

But if that's how you chose to take your stand, that's what you get.

Better approach is having local quick response teams of friends that can flank the mobs and get at them from other angles if things go sideways.

To paraphrase an earlier post;
"How do you assault that objective?  You just threw a Molotov, and now *someone* just shot you in the pelvic girdle from a random direction and *someone* else is now picking off anyone who pulls out a firearm"
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't buy that.  Plenty of do-nothing, have-nothing asswipes are putting it down in the streets nightly, while plenty of "trained, equipped and ready" dudes sit comfortably in their homes playing out "riot scenarios" on their keyboards while the cities burn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guys who have less to lose have nothing to fight for.

Yeah I don't buy that.  Plenty of do-nothing, have-nothing asswipes are putting it down in the streets nightly, while plenty of "trained, equipped and ready" dudes sit comfortably in their homes playing out "riot scenarios" on their keyboards while the cities burn.

Yeah, and those impulsive criminals die doing that.

What's your point?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I like you, echo chambers suck.
In this riot scenario. We have guys with nothing  to lose attempting  to burn down guys houses with something  to lose.
This hasn't happened  yet.
I find it hard to believe  men would allow that. You  think  they will  what? Go out the back door and flee into the  night in terror?

View Quote

I don’t know, but I see no evidence supporting the larping
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The women will rout. The soy boys will rout. You pop the ones that look testosteronish and the rest will bail.

Let them know IDGAF.

Target #1 is the person with bullhorn directing the mob to do mob things.   Evacuate the brain case for maximum psychological effect.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I felt scared.  They were threatening to burn my house down.  I thought me and my family were going to die.  I am not sure what happened.

I want to speak to my lawyer.

End of statement.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Something along these lines.. problem being picking out the lead coward of such a group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co5xVHsMRV0

View Quote

Other problem being that was a fucking movie.

At any rate, Wyatt had 3+ pals watching his ass the whole time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Notice how they arent pulling this shit in the South?

No coincidence.

Washington and Oregon have stand your ground laws/case law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is larping if you never put those tools and training to use, especially if it’s because you justify inaction by talking about what shit you’ve got to lose.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I didn't mean that anyone got charged in Texas, I thought he was saying people weren't rioting in the south because of pushback and that is obviously not the case.

No one charged in Texas for self defense against antifa/blm that I know of.

It has happened in OR, WA, CA, MN, WI, MI, NM, MO and NE.

They have cleared and not charged people for incidents in TX & FL.

Those are the ones I am aware of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Dallas and Austin.

Who got charged in Texas?  I'm not saying you're incorrect, I just don't remember a particular case.

I didn't mean that anyone got charged in Texas, I thought he was saying people weren't rioting in the south because of pushback and that is obviously not the case.

No one charged in Texas for self defense against antifa/blm that I know of.

It has happened in OR, WA, CA, MN, WI, MI, NM, MO and NE.

They have cleared and not charged people for incidents in TX & FL.

Those are the ones I am aware of.

DAs in Austin, Dallas, and Houston have also dropped nearly all charges on rioters, however.

The Law is sittin' this one out, so far.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is not “LARPING” if it’s actually happening, newb
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Right now, people are being arrested for simply confronting the mob and appearing to be able to defend themselves.  The only real solution is to stop the mobs from forming in the first place.
---
as for fire - I wonder how much it would cost to make make a remote water cannon...  You know a very aggressive targetable irrigation system - kind of like a fire boat uses.

That is mostly a joke.  I had one client with a pivot system.  Pretty sure he used a big block diesel engine to run the pumps and his supply pond was probably over an acre.  I could get a pump for my 20hp pto - but I doubt it would be very impressive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, I don't generally consider the MG34 my house gun, but I do keep belts loaded, so it wouldn't take that long to bust it out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#50]
So...if someone in the crowd pops say... a smoke grenade, or 10 of them. In the ensuing confusion gunfire is heard and when the smoke clears there are bodies everywhere. Who fired the shots?

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top