Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
In 2020 when the news media was reporting worst day in stock market history etc trying to hurt Trump that was the time to buy.

It's not full on apocalypse now and the media will fail to mention how bad it is to help Biden out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Costco dropped almost 13% today on no news, and they don't even report until the 26th, when they're confidentally expected to beat YOY and estimates, again.

'Course I'm buying, I love a sale.

View Quote

How do you determine “A Sale”.     IOW, how do you determine what the right price is, for Costco?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Bluf; this is my amature take on things. I know how to use a couple cart tools, but my take on things are pure guesses. Thats it.

Here's 5 years of Dow. The top two pics show the general trading "channel" during trumps term. As you can see it's had a fairly steep incline since 2020,  and the top is starting to round off. Third image is may amature attempt at using a pitchfork to show the current trend lines. The price hasnt crossed below the median fork line yet, but has touched the top trend line from the trump era. What does this mean? Eh, your guess is as good as mine. Either it will bounce off the old top trend line and start to turn up, or it's going to tank pretty good over the next couple days (no lower than 28400, and I'm pretty firm on that). The rest of this week will be a clue. My wag? It bounces tomorrow. Overall, it's probably gonna go down between those two old lines. Just my opinion.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Puts?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought a leveraged EFT this morning because I like to party.

I’ve been researching metal companies, but now I might buy retail. We’ll see.
View Quote

If you don't already understand the path dependent nature of levered ETF returns over time you might be in for a bit of a surprise.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Not I. Waiting for 20k
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top