User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was her opinion of Clinton before and after the debate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clinton called Trump a racist, a sexist, and a bigot.

Trump called Clinton Secretary Clinton.

lol, she came off as an angry bitch promising people the moon. Not the best idea considering people consider her to be a liar.

Trump came off as Trump.

My 17 year old daughter who hates Trump was impressed (and surprised, I think) he was so nice to her, after all the stories she'd heard about him being a meanie head. Calling her Secretary Clinton for example.
They watched snippets of the debate in school today.

What was her opinion of Clinton before and after the debate?

"Well, we only watched about 10 minutes of it so I don't know....OH! When they asked what they would do for the economy and she said it was in her book and you can read it there. This isn't a book club! I don't have time to read your book, tell us NOW how you plan on doing it"!

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think you hit on the only positive thing he did.
She kept calling him Donald, and he kept calling her by a respectful title.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, she came off as an angry bitch promising people the moon. Not the best idea considering people consider her to be a liar.

Trump came off as Trump.

Since Lester Holt didn't ask her ANYTHING that she is notorious for (Clinton foundation, private server, FBI investigation, pay to play, wall street donors, health), Trump needed to bring those issues up. He failed to do that, it was a big mistake.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

meh.

Trump appreciates your vote in November.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Trump lost the debate. One shouldn't delude themselves. He was winning for the first 15 minutes (and was impressive for that time), but lost it afterwards. Internet polls get brigaded (by both sides on different polls). If he does the same thing in the next two debates, it would be a disaster. Don't do the "Romney in a landslide!" self-deception thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trump lost the debate. One shouldn't delude themselves. He was winning for the first 15 minutes but lost it afterwards. Internet polls get brigaded (by both sides on different polls). If he does the same thing in the next two debates, it would be a disaster.
View Quote

Like I keep telling people, talk to normal humans in the real world and see how they think it went.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Like I keep telling people, talk to normal humans in the real world and see how they think it went.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump lost the debate. One shouldn't delude themselves. He was winning for the first 15 minutes but lost it afterwards. Internet polls get brigaded (by both sides on different polls). If he does the same thing in the next two debates, it would be a disaster.

I was disgusted by his heavy breathing in the first part of it, but he held his own.
I've only talked to one person, Republican or Democrat that thinks he lost the debate.

He needs to hit her harder next time, but still save shit on her endless negatives for the third debate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I was out camping in the woods the past few days, didn't see any debate pre or post coverage. I can say with certainty that OP is delusional. Trump was PERFECT? No possible things he could have improved on? You people need to snap out of it, this is serious stuff. Politics isn't like cheering for your favorite football team.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Trump lost the debate. One shouldn't delude themselves. He was winning for the first 15 minutes (and was impressive for that time), but lost it afterwards. Internet polls get brigaded (by both sides on different polls). If he does the same thing in the next two debates, it would be a disaster. Don't do the "Romney in a landslide!" self-deception thing.
View Quote

Watch the real polling numbers in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio over the next week.  Then you come back and tell me he lost.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Since Lester Holt didn't ask her ANYTHING that she is notorious for (Clinton foundation, private server, FBI investigation, pay to play, wall street donors, health), Trump needed to bring those issues up. He failed to do that, it was a big mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump came off as Trump.

If he had gone after her hard last night, the media would have the next 44 days to create a public narrative and try to make Trump conform to it for the up coming debates.

I am not happy about the debate, I think he could have been more effective at making her account for herself, but I don't think he actually harmed himself, or gave the media a narrative to push.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
It just seems to me like Trump supporters are living in a different reality. Trump's syntax and grammar are awful. His diction is terrible and his vocabulary is poor. He has difficulty expressing complete sentences that convey ideas. Without those well-formed complete sentences he has a tough time making an argument and supporting it with examples. That's how debates work. He has a hard time in debates, just like last night, because he doesn't have the tools at his disposal to perform in a debate. Even if he had the tools to express himself, he doesn't have the policy knowledge or critical thinking skills to form coherent and informed opinions about things to express. When he opens his mouth, the words that come out sound like they're coming from an 8th grader. This sucks. That's sad. This is bad. That is good. We need to be smart. Tough. Win. Lose. Beat. Clinton is rotten and corrupt and dishonest and she's wrong about most things she believes. But she isn't stupid, and she doesn't speak like a child. That's why she's going to win debates, and will almost certainly win the election. She's running against a person who hasn't spent the time or the effort to develop the mental faculties he needs to compete with her, much less be President.

Trump turning around and flinging poo at her over a bunch of stuff the electorate has heard about again and again and again and again and again isn't going to make a bit of difference. A candidate who had the tools to take the facts from those issues and weaponize them by talking about how and why they're important and weaving them into a larger narrative might be a different story, but Trump ain't that candidate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hmm. We must not have watched the same debate.

The debate I saw, Hillary was calm, controlled, and smiling throughout.

Trump was nearly always glaring, often sounded angry, and frequently babbled incoherently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump came off as Trump.

Hmm. We must not have watched the same debate.

The debate I saw, Hillary was calm, controlled, and smiling throughout.

Trump was nearly always glaring, often sounded angry, and frequently babbled incoherently.

It was about the most "likable" I've ever seen her, still made my stomach curdle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It just seems to me like Trump supporters are living in a different reality. Trump's syntax and grammar are awful. His diction is terrible and his vocabulary is poor. He has difficulty expressing complete sentences that convey ideas. Without those well-formed complete sentences he has a tough time making an argument and supporting it with examples. That's how debates work. He has a hard time in debates, just like last night, because he doesn't have the tools at his disposal to perform in a debate. Even if he had the tools to express himself, he doesn't have the policy knowledge or critical thinking skills to form coherent and informed opinions about things to express. When he opens his mouth, the words that come out sound like they're coming from an 8th grader. This sucks. That's sad. This is bad. That is good. We need to be smart. Tough. Win. Lose. Beat. Clinton is rotten and corrupt and dishonest and she's wrong about most things she believes. But she isn't stupid, and she doesn't speak like a child. That's why she's going to win debates, and will almost certainly win the election. She's running against a person who hasn't spent the time or the effort to develop the mental faculties he needs to compete with her, much less be President.

Trump turning around and flinging poo at her over a bunch of stuff the electorate has heard about again and again and again and again and again isn't going to make a bit of difference. A candidate who had the tools to take the facts from those issues and weaponize them by talking about how and why they're important and weaving them into a larger narrative might be a different story, but Trump ain't that candidate.
View Quote

The people I talked to today are Dems, people who voted for Bill Clinton twice kind of people. Guess what, they could not stand the smirking and arrogance and arrogance was the word three different ones used in talking about Hillary last nite.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh my God this is some funny shit.  Thanks a lot shit kickers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

meh.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

meh.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Clinton won the debate, but she lost the election.

The more she opens her mouth the less people want to vote for her.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Truth especially the part I bolded.  For the swing voter (undecided, or capable of changing their vote), going on and on about Benghazi or the email server isn't going to swing them now since it hasn't swung them yet. There are simply very few Trump votes left to squeeze out of those issues. There may be Trump votes to be found hammering on the Clinton Foundation.  Same with the "deplorables" comments, or other unforced errors.  

But those go-to issues that Fox News has been pounding forever are wrung dry. Old news. Boring. Eye roll territory.  "Jeez, they're talking about Benghazi again, give it rest" flip-the-channel territory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I just watched the debate again, the Don did well. He missed many opportunities to attack Hillary.

There is some fucky feedback with his audio in the last 20 minutes or so though. The shit hurt my ears.

It is like a super high frequency that just digs into the inner ear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Clinton won the debate, but she lost the election.

The more she opens her mouth the less people want to vote for her.
View Quote

Well, you may be right about that.  She came across as very arrogant and "wonky".    Big government lefty - got a plan for every aspect of your life.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sorry that I need to explain this to you. He is PURPOSELY cultivating the image of a plain-speaker to appeal to the broadest joe-sixpack base of the public.

It appears it is working. We'll see fairly soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm sorry that I need to explain this to you. He is PURPOSELY cultivating the image of a plain-speaker to appeal to the broadest joe-sixpack base of the public.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are many, many people who can speak plainly in a way Joe Sixpack can understand, while forming complete sentences that convey ideas, and making arguments supported by examples.  Trump clearly can't.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely correct.   It's probably the worst thing about his entire, silly campaign.  Liberal democrats like Hillary Clinton are arrogant, misguided, and are just fundamentally wrong about our constitution and important parts of American life.   But even though they are wrong about the solutions, they can put together cogent arguments and make solid points.  Donald Trump cannot.  By now it should be obvious Donald Trump doesn't actually know shit about how the economy works and foreign affairs. Or how the government works for that matter.  That's why all of his answers are repetitive three sentence slogans.  

A completely impartial person, totally unfamiliar with American politics, watching only this election and based on Trump, would conclude that the democrats are for thinking people and the Republicans are bombastic children that tend to use short words and get their feelings hurt easily.  Which is really sad, and was very avoidable.

On the other hand perhaps he'll win, I certainly don;t want to see a Hillary Clinton president.    
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are many, many people who can speak plainly in a way Joe Sixpack can understand, while forming complete sentences that convey ideas, and making arguments supported by examples.  Trump clearly can't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reagan being the gold standard. Reagan wouldn't hire Trump to wash his Subaru.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy.   You really want to believe.  Hope you're right.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I spent the day listening to NPR and talking to Dems at work and it's being written off as a tie.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top