User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in Greece recently and their hatred for the Turks and Islam is impressive. I saw a Saudi couple get refused service at multiple restaurants.

Greeks really hate Turks and I’m ok with that.

If shit pops off I hope Greece wins, the people there are extremely welcoming
View Quote

As someone that is half Greek, all I have to say is fuck the Turks. Fucking genocidal pieces of shit that slaughtered my family just a few generations ago circa post WW1 timeframe. The Turkish government even refuses to recognize that it even happened to this day.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I dont think it would be easy for the Turds.  

They need to just stop all this bullshit cause I am planning a nice trip to Greece in October.  I want to walk around, sight see, sit on the beach sipping an Alpha or Mythos and I dont need bullets whizzing by my head.
View Quote

Try some crazy donkey instead
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s one of the most forgotten wars. People are completely oblivious that huge sections of Anatolia were still Greek majority until 1922.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Plot twist, the Frogs get involved to protect their new client state.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those islands were Greek before Turkey was a country and Troy was a nation state……..
View Quote

This right here. Turkey stole the whole western region of that country and murdered thousands I’m upon thousands of Greeks and Armenians. Fuck Turkey!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Let them fight.

I’ve seen this movie before. If Greece wants to keep them so bad they can find another Achilles or Themistocles.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Greece and north Greece - fuck Turkey.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#8]
PS pretty sure Serbia would jump and help Greece if Turkey tried anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife is Greek and her family absolutely HATES Turks. Before my grandmother-in-law passed, I used to get her spun up and have her spitting venom in her native tongue by simply mentioning the country.

Fuck Turkey.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#10]
The Turks already stole 90%+ of Greek land to begin with, most of Anatolia was Greek land until Turks showed up in the mid 1050s AD and began to do constant Jihads on the Greek Byzantine Christians. This is what sparked the first Crusade. The Armenians [Christians like the Greeks] had large pockets in the North East but were genocided during WW1, their people were also there long before the Turks first showed up.

Anyway, who would win? Turkey. They have 10x the manpower and a larger army as it is, plus they can pull stunts like flooding Greece with a few million Muslim so called "refugees" that they have strategically placed on their border which would make Greece even more unstable than it already is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#11]
meant to edit not repost.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Turks already stole 90%+ of Greek land to begin with, most of Anatolia was Greek land until Turks showed up in the mid 1050s AD and began to do constant Jihads on the Greek Byzantine Christians. This is what sparked the first Crusade. The Armenians [Christians like the Greeks] had large pockets in the North East but were genocided during WW1, their people were also there long before the Turks first showed up.

Anyway, who would win? Turkey. They have 10x the manpower and a larger army as it is, plus they can pull stunts like flooding Greece with a few million Muslim so called "refugees" that they have strategically placed on their border which would make Greece even more unstable than it already is.
View Quote

The PKK is also fighting Turkey which has a large Kurd population too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Grease wins!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Turkey.  I knew a Canadian soldier who was part of the UN peacekeeping force on Cyprus in the late 70s/early 80s.

He said if it wasn't for the UN the Turks would have kicked the Greeks off the island.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Feel like everyone over there is getting froggy
View Quote
You have hit the proverbial nail on the head!!!

Every since Obama killed off "Pax Americana" the World has been replicating the pre-World War I era. We'll get the same result as soon as all can decide what's going to trigger it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Zoinks
View Quote
I read all the comments so far. Way back when I had one trip to Greece after they slammed a rocket through the front wall of the US Embassy and 2.5 trips to Turkey.
Don't know who would win, as I'm not to sure I care. I can say that they would both happily choke each other to death while lit on fire! Maybe that's for the best.
I do have some interesting thoughts about the women, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greek women have got to be the most accomplished "cock teases" in the World!!!! Truly impressive!! Turkish women are shall we say, quite charming. Thumbs up on both if you can stay away from the political extremists!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Greek is in name. Greece wins.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Turkey continues to be busy Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I read the article, wow this goes waaay beyond the Cyprus deal, where the greeks are getting screwed hard on that one.
Not that i have any affinity to those boylover woerdo greeks, but Remind me again why turkey is in nato again?

View Quote

The Bosphorus Strait is why.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I read the article, wow this goes waaay beyond the Cyprus deal, where the greeks are getting screwed hard on that one.
Not that i have any affinity to those boylover woerdo greeks, but Remind me again why turkey is in nato again?

View Quote

Because they control the Bosporos.  Back in the day, they could bottle up the Black Sea fleet and keep any Russian ships out of the Mediterannean and, ultimately, the Atlantic.  And the Russians had to keep forces arrayed against them that could have been used against other parts of NATO.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top