BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a friend who worked aircraft maintenance in that area. Made a lot of money. He told me that every screw, nut, etc on the Mirage 2000 required special tools. He said the French do it deliberately
View Quote

I don't buy it.
A 10mm nut / bolt is just that.
What, they made the contact points into a triangle?

I watched contract guys work on the F-21 Kifr's at NAS Miramar back in the day.
They used regular tools.

I understand the difference between a Dzus fastener, a Phillip's head fastener, a camlock fastener, Nazi screws....

I understand that specific aircraft have specific tools to work on it.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Aren’t all decent weapons good against non-peers???
View Quote

At the risk of getting serious in a GD thread, "peer" is not simply a question of weapons systems, it's about relative force-on-force parity, and the availability and use of force multipliers.

Rafale is a good Gen4/4+ air superiority weapons system. Of the adversaries UAE *might* have to stand up to, few are peers, and none have systems to whom they might lose simply from having Rafales instead of F35s. Worst case scenario there is a confrontation with the Saudis, or Iran with hybrid Gen 4.5 systems courtesy of China. If they chuck up against NATO, or Russia, or Chicoms, they're at a disadvantage without having F35s, but it's not like they'd win those conflicts even with F35s.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Well good for them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Explain to me how a screwdriver or a hammer or a wrench is "Proprietary"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Literally everything is proprietary in Dassualt planes

Explain to me how a screwdriver or a hammer or a wrench is "Proprietary"?

Because their aircraft industry has to support their hand tool industry?

Because Facom? They make nice tools though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#5]

While the US decided to go with magnetic EMALS launch systems the French,just to do everything the opposite of the US,went with a magnetic landing system. The lack of magnets in US aircraft is why this Hornet is just performing a touch and go on the CdG.

Attachment Attached File

The French system is known as the Systéme Arrêter  Avion de Juggalos.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top