Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Used to be such a big HK fan that at one point I had 2 MK23s, and about 6-7 USPs.

Ditched them all years ago, and don’t regret it.

They’re absurdly well built handguns with the worst trigger in any modern “quality” defensive handgun.

The reset length on a non match trigger is longer than the total trigger travel of a Glock.  

Run one on a shot timer and let me know if you can break 1/4 second splits.   My guess is no.

For 1500 bucks there are far better guns.  Hell, for 6-700 dollars there are far better guns.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop this madness.  Meanwhile as other cool kids get 3 day e form4 transfers, mine is still in waiting status. Maybe I should but a USP as a host.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop this madness.  Meanwhile as other cool kids get 3 day e form4 transfers, mine is still in waiting status. Maybe I should but a USP as a host.
View Quote

USPs are amazing hosts
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are you talking specifically about the Tactical model? Because it has a different trigger than the other USPs…
@edcarPT @Keekleberrys
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worst trigger in a da/sa gun I’ve ever owned.

This. I sold mine shortly after I bought it.

Are you talking specifically about the Tactical model? Because it has a different trigger than the other USPs…
@edcarPT @Keekleberrys

Sorry. I mispoke. It was not the T model.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Honestly, I have a USP Expert, and I don't think it's all that.
View Quote

9, 40, or 45? And how much do you want for it?
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah thats why you LEM all the HK pistols.  Then they are the best handgun system in the world.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah thats why you LEM all the HK pistols.  Then they are the best handgun system in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shot my dad's service USPc in .40 for several years, back in the early 2000's. It had a LEM trigger and I loved it.

I bought a USPc in 9mm from a member here about a year and half ago. It really has the worst DA pull I've ever felt.

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/heckler-koch-hk-usp-9-tactical-v3-4-86-pistol-od-green-frame-1-of-500/

ETA: I'd buy one if they have optic cut and light rail. It's 2024 and we still cant get what we want
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are they available at?

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/product/heckler-koch-hk-usp-9-tactical-v3-4-86-pistol-od-green-frame-1-of-500/

ETA: I'd buy one if they have optic cut and light rail. It's 2024 and we still cant get what we want

Ordered one a couple of days ago and it arrived today.  I picked it up today on my way home.  Hopefully there is actually something in the box and not just a pack of ramen noodles.  

ZFG about the optics part but the lights not a huge issue these days but still seems like they should fix that part of the USP series and bring it up to date.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one and also ordered the match trigger parts, jet funnel, and 18rd mags.

The mag release is horrible when using my thumb but it surprisingly works great with the middle finger.

Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought one and also ordered the match trigger parts, jet funnel, and 18rd mags.

The mag release is horrible when using my thumb but it surprisingly works great with the middle finger.

https://i.imgur.com/DgTcIlA.jpeg

View Quote

That’s hot, my next pistol will be a USP-9 Tactical and a 9mm can. I love carrying my USP-9, shot it yesterday. I love shooting it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well its H&K you suck and they hate you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Using your trigger finger on the mag release is where it's at.

These USP threads have made me want to dig mine out and "rediscover" it.(a stainless full size 9). It was my first gun purchase and it was my only pistol for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Use trigger finger.

I've removed the Match trigger from mine and put in light LEM.

LEM is love.  LEM is the way.

I don't use the Jet Funnel.  It looks nice, bit o have wayyyy too many standard mags to not use.

When I use the White mags, them babies are just hanging out swangin'
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Use trigger finger.

I've removed the Match trigger from mine and put in light LEM.

LEM is love.  LEM is the way.
View Quote

Isn't lem the one that gets rid of the safety and makes it feel like a double action revolver trigger?
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Isn't lem the one that gets rid of the safety and makes it feel like a double action revolver trigger?
View Quote

Nope.  
Makes feel like a long take up single action.

Kinda Sigs DAK if it were actually good.

It does remove the control lever.  But you won't need it.

Imagine a Glock with a longer take-up that is light and dosent stack. Hit the wall, and the break is like rolling over a ball bearing.  Not a spongy staple gun like a Glock.  You also have second strike capability, although it is a very stiff pull more than a standard V1 DA.

What is happening is that the LEM is half-cocking the hammer strut when you initially charge the weapon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
So two recommendations on using the trigger finger to drop the mag. I’ll try that.

I have a VP9SK that I can reach with my thumb but the USP is BIG compared to that sk. Thought the middle finger was the way to go but will try my trigger finger instead.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope.  
Makes feel like a long take up single action.

Kinda Sigs DAK if it were actually good.

It does remove the control lever.  But you won't need it.

Imagine a Glock with a longer take-up that is light and dosent stack. Hit the wall, and the break is like rolling over a ball bearing.  Not a spongy staple gun like a Glock.  You also have second strike capability, although it is a very stiff pull more than a standard V1 DA.

What is happening is that the LEM is half-cocking the hammer strut when you initially charge the weapon.
View Quote

I might have to look into this.

I don't hate the sa/da/decock that's in there now though. I ride the lever with my thumb, like a 1911but I used to carry it decocked with the safety off.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't know their recoil spring assembly was different from regular USPs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top