Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still can't get over the fact that you cannot get a gas tank larger than 24 gallons on the Silverado unless you get a regular cab.
View Quote

Probably some sort of crash test thing.  But that IS crazy small if you want to haul long distances.  Even my Titan has a 28 gallon tank.  On the highway, I can get 18-20 mpg at a decent cruise (so long as there aren't left lane campers)
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
So that means the giant union made douche beat out the union made turd sandwich. We needed to stop supporting that shit at every turn back when 0bama was foisted on us.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably change this year.  New F150 is super impressive.
View Quote

It also got even more full retard expensive and Ford hasn't been anywhere near as generous with incentives as GM and Ram.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
if you compare the 2019 numbers. looks like chevy held pretty flat and gmc took sales from ford and ram.

im guessing maybe the tailgate might have something to do with that. i know it was super popular when it debuted.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
To be honest if I would buy a new 1/2 tonne it would be a RAM. I don't deal with salt down here so that's a non issue.

They have the best interiors, the best motor and trans combo. Their chassis is much more refined than ford's. For what ever reason, every ford 1/2 tonne chassis, F-150, Navigator etc, feels as if the front end if always confused. Now, I have not ridden in the brand new 2021, but the 2020 still has the odd issue like the prior years.

I've never felt that in a newer ram. the old chassis from 2001 had it, but in 2002 when they updated the chassis it went away.

I can't speak for GM vehicles because I am not familiar with them post 2002
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If they only drop that new 6.8 baby "Godzilla" with it's Al block eh?....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably change this year.  New F150 is super impressive.

If they only drop that new 6.8 baby "Godzilla" with it's Al block eh?....
Sounds like it's definitely coming.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
a GMC 1500 Denali in black looks really good

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol

It's all about perspective. It is a nice interior in its own right, it just hasn't been updated in over a decade. The Ford's have good interiors, but are also a bit long in the tooth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes on both counts. It looks the same, but they used a different cow for the leather on the new truck because you can only get so much from one cow.

lol

Quoted:

I’m a Ford guy, and I’ve only been in the 3500 Denali trucks, but the interior was very nice, maybe nicer than the platinum f350 of equivalent model year 2017ish I think? Been a few years, but we’re talking about brand new trucks with a couple thousand miles on the clock.

It's all about perspective. It is a nice interior in its own right, it just hasn't been updated in over a decade. The Ford's have good interiors, but are also a bit long in the tooth.

I can’t wait for the superduty interior refresh that brings in the 2021 f150 interior and tech.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
A sucker is born every minute.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Probably some sort of crash test thing.  But that IS crazy small if you want to haul long distances.  Even my Titan has a 28 gallon tank.  On the highway, I can get 18-20 mpg at a decent cruise (so long as there aren't left lane campers)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still can't get over the fact that you cannot get a gas tank larger than 24 gallons on the Silverado unless you get a regular cab.

I think it's about boosting mileage/payload numbers.  24 gallons won't get you far (200mi?) if you're towing anything substantial.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#12]

At least they got rid of the fucking ultra gay reflectors at the 12 o’clock position on the wheel wells...
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
pretty sure it's been like that forever, Ford counts Chevy and GMC separately so they claim "best selling" truck for 20+ years.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Threw up in my mouth a little.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chevy and GMC together outnumbered the F150 by a significant amount.

Full-size 2020 pickup sales:

GM total: 847,110
F-Series: 787,422
Silverado: 594,094
Ram: 563,676
Sierra: 253,016
Tundra: 109,203
Titan: 26,439

Autoblog
View Quote

Have you tried looking for a new F150?
The 2021's have been delayed for a few months.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I want a late 90s Ford F-250 with dual gas tanks and the 7.3 International engine
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
The Sierra HD's have the wheel well reflectors...

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Beautiful, I live the General’s trucks!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#19]

I'd say it's fairly awful too, so much going on and so busy for no reason.  But then you have the chevy front end version that makes the GMC look positively apollonian.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
RAM ftw
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’m a Ford guy, and I’ve only been in the 3500 Denali trucks, but the interior was very nice, maybe nicer than the platinum f350 of equivalent model year 2017ish I think? Been a few years, but we’re talking about brand new trucks with a couple thousand miles on the clock.
View Quote

Ford guy here. Bought my wife a 2021 Tahoe a few months ago, and the interior is farrrr nicer than any ford I've been in (even my king ranch)

We also have a Platinum Expedition right now in the driveway (wife hit a fire hydrant 2 days ago in said Tahoe) and the Ford interior just feels 'cheap' now.

This has been a pain point for Ford, for a few years now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

At least they got rid of the fucking ultra gay reflectors at the 12 o’clock position on the wheel wells...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have no idea why, but the design team at GM do the absolutely most gaudiest shit to their vehicles...always have as long as I can remember.

Like dumb little GM badges here and there...putting "ABS" on the center caps of F bodies, various other retarded styling cues.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I did my part.  Fuck Ford, piles of overpriced shit and always have been.  I tried to like them, even bought some, never again.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Sierra Brothers unite!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m enjoying my 2020 trail boss. I’ve owned two or more trucks from the big three he’ll have their faults.  
I drive them and I sell them after 60 or 70,000 miles. ( 2 years)  All the guys that refuse to buy a new off the lot pay damn good money these days.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I want a late 90s Ford F-250 with dual gas tanks and the 7.3 International engine
View Quote

97-98 is the sweet spot, you have the non super duty styling with a turbo charged 7.3 IDI.

For me, I'd like that gen 4 door, 4wd, but with a 460 V8 gas engine. My ultimate dream would be to drop a 4-53 Detroit Diesel in there, but a 6BT would probably be easier.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The face of the new Chevy truck is butt ugly IMO.
View Quote

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ford guy here. Bought my wife a 2021 Tahoe a few months ago, and the interior is farrrr nicer than any ford I've been in (even my king ranch)

We also have a Platinum Expedition right now in the driveway (wife hit a fire hydrant 2 days ago in said Tahoe) and the Ford interior just feels 'cheap' now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is your king ranch a ‘21?

I kind of agree that the ‘20 and earlier interiors were falling behind, but I think the redesign put them back on top.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

That looks like a space ship from science fiction.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’m enjoying my 2020 trail boss. I’ve owned two or more trucks from the big three he’ll have their faults.  
I drive them and I sell them after 60 or 70,000 miles. ( 2 years)  All the guys that refuse to buy a new off the lot pay damn good money these days.

View Quote

I use to always preach "buy used!" to anyone that would listen.

But with todays' used vehicle market, it doesn't make much sense to buy used anymore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I kind of agree that the ‘20 and earlier interiors were falling behind, but I think the redesign put them back on top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not a '21. I haven't been inside a '21 ford yet. Even the Platinum Expedition she's driving right now, is a '20.

Hopefully they did realize that they needed to compete with GM's refresh.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Keeping my '18 GMC 2500 until the interior/options on the GMC catches up to the competition. Just not a big enough difference for me at this point. I want a Ram-esque center stack screen size, adaptive cruise and a few other things before dropping another 80k.

Dealers seem to have no trouble moving them right now. Hopefully demand slows and they do another interior refresh with more bells/whistles at that time. Although it's hard not to trade to a 21 with what used 18's are getting due to scarcity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Is that the new Family Truckster?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ford is always behind the times with interiors.

For example, my Navigator is in the same gen as my QX56, 2008 Navi vs 2011 QX56.

The navigator's interior is a fucking joke. They didn't even update it until 2015, then all it was were a new front clip and rear hatch trim, on the interior

That's the same interior from 2007 to 2017. 10 years of really awful interiors. No wonder Lincoln couldnt compete with the other luxury brands.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Would like to see the number of government purchased trucks. Traditionally Ford has dominated the government low bid market for public works trucks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Ford and Chevy have always gone back and forth as the number one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
People are looking for the largest, most obnoxious front ends in Pickup history.  Obviously I just don't get it.

https://cdn.static-carindigo.com/images/content/9389a1e642baca6d2cec227564a57e18.webp
View Quote

So you show a picture of the HD truck, not the half ton?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Christmas cucks?

They must like red.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah Mexico!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The face of the new Chevy truck is butt ugly IMO.
View Quote

Ford was offering less discounts.  That is a big sway for non brand loyal buyers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#41]
By the year 2040, driving a truck will just look like you're driving around a double edge razor. All grill.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fucking embarrassing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are looking for the largest, most obnoxious front ends in Pickup history.  Obviously I just don't get it.

https://cdn.static-carindigo.com/images/content/9389a1e642baca6d2cec227564a57e18.webp

Fucking embarrassing.
Well theres some drama.

Why would you have anything to be embarrassed about if you dont own one?

Hell, thats not even the ugliest one and there are certainly other flavors.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
pretty sure it's been like that forever, Ford counts Chevy and GMC separately so they claim "best selling" truck for 20+ years.
View Quote

^^^ This!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote

Retooling for the new models cut production by about half.
We were out of 2019's by June of that year

2020's didn't start coming in until November and even then we were lucky to get 10% of the trucks we ordered , just like every other dealer out there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ford is always behind the times with interiors.

For example, my Navigator is in the same gen as my QX56, 2008 Navi vs 2011 QX56.

The navigator's interior is a fucking joke. They didn't even update it until 2015, then all it was were a new front clip and rear hatch trim, on the interior

https://cars.usnews.com/static/images/Auto/izmo/328978/2011_lincoln_navigator_dashboard.jpg

https://cars.usnews.com/static/images/Auto/izmo/i5160/2015_lincoln_lincoln_navigator_dashboard.jpg

That's the same interior from 2007 to 2017. 10 years of really awful interiors. No wonder Lincoln couldnt compete with the other luxury brands.
View Quote

Outside of the 2017 steering wheel being an improvement in buttons and wood placement, the 2007 interior actually looks better to me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve been entertaining trading for a SIERRA AT4 but those new 21 F-150 do look awfully good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So you show a picture of the HD truck, not the half ton?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145716/Screenshot_20210108-123419_Chrome_jpg-1769814.JPG
View Quote

Still disjointed and hideous, to my tastes.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sierra Brothers unite!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#49]
-

That 18 wheeler look .....

OEMs have been copying Dodge ever since Dodge popularized that Freightliner look with their 1994 model

-
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really like the look of that truck and I’m not a GM fan.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top