BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Its easy to remember Obama supporters on this website.
View Quote

Did you expect me to support McCain or Romney?  I have under good authority (GD) that they’re just democrats wrapped in red.

If your gonna have a Coke why have a Diet Coke?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Meh....I'm going with rolling up on an asset or UC.  

No cuffs, no pat down, no reading of rights....that does not pass the sniff test.

Makes for a good show.

Now, according to this.....it was legit, but he was let go right away.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/

Regardless of what I think of Antifa and all the "protesters", I'm not down with people getting snatched off the street.    With that said, the police force needs to be allowed to do their job properly.  

Accepting this now means that you can't bitch later if the tables are ever turned.
View Quote
Did they have PC to arrest or a basis for investigative detention?   If they did, snatching off street is exactly what they get to do.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
They need to start wearing Hawaiian shirts.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm thankful to God that this is probably an exaggeration of the situation.  If we actually get to a fascist-versus-commie war, liberty is probably finished.

I understand why these officers are covering their faces, but they should have agency names and ID numbers or similar to keep them accountable to the Constitutional elected government, in case these dirtbag commies just disappear.  Secret police can black-bag genuine dissidents as easily as violent revolutionary commies.
View Quote

oh fuck, enough...............
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
It's amazing how Ignorant Liberals are of what they are doing.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who determines who is a terrorist?

Democratic administrations in Blue states label agitators as right wing terrorists?

Flip side, right leaning administrations label democratic agitators as terrorists and arrest them?

Depends on the president?

I don’t think any police should be arresting people in public unless clearly marked. The riots and demonstrations aren’t good, but this isn’t a full on civil war, this isn’t a third world country, police should be clearly identified and should be operating transparently with respect to which department is arresting whom and where they are taking them.
View Quote

go back to bed or keep hiding in the closet..............................
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did they have PC to arrest or a basis for investigative detention?   If they did, snatching off street is exactly what they get to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the article:
He was detained and searched. One man asked him if he had any weapons; he did not. They drove him to the federal courthouse and placed him in a holding cell. Two officers eventually returned to read his Miranda rights and ask if he would waive those rights to answer a few questions; he did not.

And almost as suddenly as they had grabbed him off the street, the men let him go.

Pettibone said he still does not know who arrested him or whether what happened to him legally qualifies as an arrest. The federal officers who snatched him off the street as he was walking home from a peaceful protest did not tell him why he had been detained or provide him any record of an arrest, he told The Post. As far as he knows, he has not been charged with any crimes.

Sounds like "no".

I have zero problems bringing in more LEO's to restore order....BUT.....you can't snatch people off the street and detain them without telling them why.  If there is no record of his arrest, THAT IS A PROBLEM.     Replace "ANTIFA" with the so called "Boogaloo Movement"...is this still OK?

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Local police should be handling it, if they can’t they should request the County or state police to step in, if they can’t handle it, the governor should ask the feds to help.

Local governments need to take responsibility to stop this mess.

Citizens need to hold the local governments who aren’t stepping in responsible for this.
View Quote

holy fuck.  you really don't have a clue do you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Guy in my martial arts school is a US Marshall. Half the guys in my class were city cops or feds
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are these right wing death squads?
View Quote

they need a visit from los pepes
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BORTAC is up there with HRT... guys I met in WV were prior SF, NSW, and Rangers with lots of real world experience on the military side and interesting TDYs abroad on the FLEO side.

They're doing God's work rolling up commies.

View Quote

I know a couple guys who are 18series National Guard who are
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
So many fucking Karen’s on this sight. Are you not entertained that the Feds are doing something?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I cannot agree. This slope is demonstrably too slippery for a free nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
While they may be going after agitators and the like, I still have an issue with this. I don't believe non-discript tactically clad personnel should be hopping out of unmarked SUVs and cuffing people on the streets. If they are worth arresting, send individually identifiable officers in typical uniforms or at least bearing agency and officer name and utilizing marked units.

Once you're a terrorist all bets are off in terms of American civilities.

We're in that awkward moment when the enemies of Old America are using our rules against us and the only way to stop them is to use unidentifiable LEO's to do snatch and grab arrests off the street like this.  If the cops were identifiable they'd be doxed with protesters outside their houses in 24 hours and congresscritters calling for them to be fired while a lefty DA would be pressing charges against them.

There's no easy way back from where this train is heading.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That’s really weird to me. Not saying it’s not true it’s just completely opposite of the guys I personally know.
View Quote

High speed guys in FPS?  That seems unusual in the extreme.  That's a "I really really really need work and even ICE didn't call back yet" job for veterans.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That worked in PHX because the Chief of PHX PD was allowed to do her job without being hamstrung by the PHX mayor.   And she also had the support of the Governor of AZ, who called in the Arizona DPS (state police) to back up PHX PD in case shit got heavy.

In the end, the way things were handled in PHX was almost textbook.
View Quote

Well, except for not having proper arrest team procedures to get individual non-boilerplate PC statements for all the arrestees and leaving the city hanging for a huge lawsuit.  That part might get pricey.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Were the camo guys police? (Federal or otherwise)
View Quote

US Marshals
DHS/HSI
Border Patrol
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you 100% sure? cause I will edit the title with this info.

No way I could identify anything from that video.
View Quote

100% correct
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No cuffs, no pat down, no reading of rights....that does not pass the sniff test.

Makes for a good show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/

Regardless of what I think of Antifa and all the "protesters", I'm not down with people getting snatched off the street.    With that said, the police force needs to be allowed to do their job properly.  

Accepting this now means that you can't bitch later if the tables are ever turned.
View Quote

There is no requirement to "read rights" to someone who is arrested.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#19]
A new group of troll accounts.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

From the article:

Sounds like "no".

I have zero problems bringing in more LEO's to restore order....BUT.....you can't snatch people off the street and detain them without telling them why.  If there is no record of his arrest, THAT IS A PROBLEM.     Replace "ANTIFA" with the so called "Boogaloo Movement"...is this still OK?

View Quote

Sounds like an investigative detention where he was moved to a nearby location that was safe, and then released. Maybe after they decided they didn't have enough on video, or whatever.  You can't stand in the streetfor your investigation if its not safe.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait, you're not required to "use your words"?  
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm thankful to God that this is probably an exaggeration of the situation.  If we actually get to a fascist-versus-commie war, liberty is probably finished.

View Quote

Just watched Guernica (Fascists fighting with Commies over Spain)... if the movie was half true, the people just get fucked as both sides scorch the earth, neither giving a shit if the people die.  Yeah, hoping we never reach that point. I dont see the presence of federal agents here as a fascist thest thumping.  It was legitimately necessary to secure order.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait, you're not required to "use your words"?  
View Quote

I've arrested someone where we never questioned them at all and never read them Miranda.  Sometimes that non-stop stream of "excited utterances" is golden.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well, except for not having proper arrest team procedures to get individual non-boilerplate PC statements for all the arrestees and leaving the city hanging for a huge lawsuit.  That part might get pricey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That worked in PHX because the Chief of PHX PD was allowed to do her job without being hamstrung by the PHX mayor.   And she also had the support of the Governor of AZ, who called in the Arizona DPS (state police) to back up PHX PD in case shit got heavy.

In the end, the way things were handled in PHX was almost textbook.

Cite please?   If this was so evident, I am surprised it has not made headlines in the MSM here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did you expect me to support McCain or Romney?  I have under good authority (GD) that they’re just democrats wrapped in red.

If your gonna have a Coke why have a Diet Coke?
View Quote

Aspartame is worse for you than sugar. Also it tastes gross...
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Remember when Sylvan got banned for calling him Penis Wrinkle?  That was funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How’s your Antifa friend that was shot in the face the other day and almost bled out?

Remember when Sylvan got banned for calling him Penis Wrinkle?  That was funny.

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Cops with hidden identities arresting protesters with hidden identities

Classic case of SUCKS WHEN YOU ARE ON THE LOSING SIDE

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This, in another video the BP guys are being hit with green lasers.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have people filming and then they send these guys out as bait and to make arrest.  You know you're caught when they pull up and single you out, enjoy the ride.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem with these videos of course is you don't see the minute or two before that probably led up to them making the arrest. No way to know what was going on. Agitator could have been throwing bricks at them or through windows for all we know.
This, in another video the BP guys are being hit with green lasers.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have people filming and then they send these guys out as bait and to make arrest.  You know you're caught when they pull up and single you out, enjoy the ride.

Antifa (and BLM) shine green lasers directly into officers faces, they blast praying Catholics with air horns directly in their ears, they commit arson, assaults, vandalism, and felony riot on a daily basis for about 2 months now. They are domestic terrorists plain and simple. Even now NLG gets them out almost immediately. They are booked and released and go right back to rioting. They should end up in Gitmo instead. I say fuck all these Marxist low lives. They have it coming in spades.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right, just to question them (if it is to be used in court).   But don't you have to be arrested to be detained?

We are clearly not getting the whole story, but there seems to be a lack of probable cause, but he sure looked to be in custody.  

Like I said....I don't care much about ANTIFA...but I do care about the process.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So many fucking Karen’s on this sight. Are you not entertained that the Feds are doing something?
View Quote

I don't think "Karen" means what you think it means. And as happy as it makes me to see these commie LARPer bastards get the fear of God put in them, process matters. Half the reason we're in this situation is because people in government ignored their own rules and nobody held them accountable for it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Snatched him up with a minivan
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This.  As much as I hate ANTIFA, what happens when a different administration deems conservative gun owners as a “terrorist organization.”  Won’t be nearly as entertaining.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  As much as I hate ANTIFA, what happens when a different administration deems conservative gun owners as a “terrorist organization.”  Won’t be nearly as entertaining.  

Y'all need to wake up; only our side thinks "I won't do this b/c I don't want them to do it."

Their side never thinks that way.  They absolutely will do it and don't care that you never did it when you had the opportunity.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Right, just to question them (if it is to be used in court).   But don't you have to be arrested to be detained?

We are clearly not getting the whole story, but there seems to be a lack of probable cause, but he sure looked to be in custody.  

Like I said....I don't care much about ANTIFA...but I do care about the process.  

View Quote

There are multiple definitions of "arrested" based on context.

You can detain someone with reasonable suspicion while you investigate to establish, or refute, probable cause for a formal arrest.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#35]
We got a message from my nephew this morning On our private family page to keep a low profile and not take strange friend requests. He is BORTAC and says people have leaked the names of him and his teammates. More worried about us than himself.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Makes for a good show.

View Quote

People actively trying to assault government buildings shouldn’t be arrested?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

High speed guys in FPS?  That seems unusual in the extreme.  That's a "I really really really need work and even ICE didn't call back yet" job for veterans.
View Quote

Yeah, I hate to be a dick, but that’s my experience with FPS (that they are not high speed). That, and every single one of them seems to be a firearms instructor and wants to qual you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

From the article:

Sounds like "no".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the article:
He was detained and searched. One man asked him if he had any weapons; he did not. They drove him to the federal courthouse and placed him in a holding cell. Two officers eventually returned to read his Miranda rights and ask if he would waive those rights to answer a few questions; he did not.

And almost as suddenly as they had grabbed him off the street, the men let him go.

Pettibone said he still does not know who arrested him or whether what happened to him legally qualifies as an arrest. The federal officers who snatched him off the street as he was walking home from a peaceful protest did not tell him why he had been detained or provide him any record of an arrest, he told The Post. As far as he knows, he has not been charged with any crimes.

Sounds like "no".

Lol, I for one fully accept the word of the Antifa member hellbent on destroying America as the absolute factual representation of the incident
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

They should.  He wasn't...or sorta was....or kinda sorta not.

That is the problem.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the problem.

You think it’s an accident they start the video right at the time of the arrest?
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

From the article:

Sounds like "no".

View Quote

He was likely an informant.

“Use your words” like kindergarten
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#42]
"...you will not survive here. You are not a wolf... and this is a land for wolves now."
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Hahahaha
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#44]
When the Patriot Act was passed shortly after the towers fell in New York, people on most firearms specific forums (arfcom, ak47.net, falfiles etc..) were pretty upset about the whole Homeland Security branch even being created, and the power and scope of what they were allowed to do. What was that, 2002?  And that was given the go ahead by a Republican president. I distinctly remember getting a t-shirt from the NRA touting the second ammendment as being the only homeland security our country needs.  

It's only taken 18 years for most gun owners to be cool with our government doing snatch and grabs on city streets in front of everyone.  Obama was a shit bird, but goddamn most of you guys would be chicken hawking and larping the hell out of your clone builds if he pulled this shit.  

Wake the hell up guys, c'mon.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Maybe he was rolled up to be ID'd for the The US Attorney, to indict in a big Portland Antifa indictment being worked on......
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When the Patriot Act was passed shortly after the towers fell in New York, people on most firearms specific forums (arfcom, ak47.net, falfiles etc..) were pretty upset about the whole Homeland Security branch even being created, and the power and scope of what they were allowed to do. What was that, 2002?  And that was given the go ahead by a Republican president. I distinctly remember getting a t-shirt from the NRA touting the second ammendment as being the only homeland security our country needs.  

It's only taken 18 years for most gun owners to be cool with our government doing snatch and grabs on city streets in front of everyone.  Obama was a shit bird, but goddamn most of you guys would be chicken hawking and larping the hell out of your clone builds if he pulled this shit.  

View Quote

Screen Name is appropriate.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Screen name should be Mr_Right
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Sorry had to do it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit. That’s an epic sleeper cell account there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fighting Hellfish has explained the legal aspects of it. There are no additional powers added by any of the laws you talked about.  This could have happened in 1995 as easily as 2020 from a legal perspective.  The government has the power to detain people while they investigate crimes and arrest people if a crime has occurred.  They’ve had that power since long before I was born, so what, precisely, us your issue here?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top