BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In this thread I learned that Mormons have sacred underwear and don't want it to be photographed.

Learn something every day on Arfcom.
View Quote

Latter-day Saints have religious garments that are very sacred to us and are very important parts of the covenants we make.  It should be no surprise that we don't like it when they are ridiculed or disparaged.   We aren't allowed to insult family members on here for the same reason.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He was elected by Utah once, in 2018.

I don't think he is going to face Utah voters again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet you Utahoans keep electing him.  So, yeah, Mittens IS Utah.

He was elected by Utah once, in 2018.

I don't think he is going to face Utah voters again.

Yes, thank you.  I noted that several posts ago.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
coc
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

cant because he get a pass from all the Mormons. its been tried just not enough non mormons to get him out
View Quote

Generalize much?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh, wipe your pussy and quit crying.  You should be me on Dec 7th around here.  THAT'S when the 88s around here crawl out from under their rocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So posting picture of LDS garments are good to go with the COC.  It would appear that the Mods are showing what they think of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Lets see some pictures of the Catholic Scapulars and the Jewish Tachrichim as well as the Tallit and tzitzit.

Oh, wipe your pussy and quit crying.  You should be me on Dec 7th around here.  THAT'S when the 88s around here crawl out from under their rocks.

Are you Japanese?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Utah

Arizona

Georgia

Pennsylvania

Virginia

All places that failed us this year.  All places where excuses are made for the results.  The residents of those states have work to do.

Romney is a cancer.  Only you guys who live there can get organized to beat him.
View Quote
Virginia's never going red again. They've lost the demographic war, and the numbers only get worse every year. Wait until Bidet passes another amnesty, lol.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mittens used his 2002 winter Olympics success and his religion to dupe Utahans into voting for him under the false pretense that he was a Republican. It only happened once, and Mittens had made his left leaning stance abundantly clear to Utah voters, who voted 58.1% for Trump over Biden's 37.6% in the last election.

Meanwhile we are finally getting Constitutional Carry and hopefully a preemption law refusing to enforce federal gun laws that aren't in line with state gun laws which has already passed the House.

Romney is not in line with our values and he doesn't represent the majority of us. He is NOT Utah and shouldn't be used as an indicator of what Utah believes.
View Quote
Counterpoint: Utah is Romney.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

More like the Mormon church makes it happen. No one is going to be a GOP Senate candidate in Utah without church approval.
View Quote

Why would a global church that includes all sorts of political parties among its membership AND leadership care about mandating a GOP candidate?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
No but just like with cops, when you have one bad one and the others stick up for him. Well I will just stop there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Can Utah conduct a recall effort?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you Japanese?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So posting picture of LDS garments are good to go with the COC.  It would appear that the Mods are showing what they think of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Lets see some pictures of the Catholic Scapulars and the Jewish Tachrichim as well as the Tallit and tzitzit.

Are you Japanese?

Half.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Half.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you Japanese?

Half.

Meh. Us whites get bitched at every day for slavery. I think we can bitch for a day about Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
You are right.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must be new to Romney/Utah threads to ask that question.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
In terms of federal government representation, Utah is exactly Romney.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
First and foremost the LDS Church is a business, with a stock portfolio in the hundreds of billions(ensign peak advisors) property holdings in the hundreds of thousands (more accurately millions) of acres of land all while operating as a 501c3 organization.

The LDS Church will endorse the political candidate they feel is most beneficial to their business,  in this case Mitt motherfucking Romney.

And many if not most members will follow the lead of the Church and rabidly defend the installation of Romney, excusing it by saying that all candidates in Utah are Mormon, which while true is not a matter of happenstance.

It's not 1895  any more, and church organizations like LDS or Roman Catholic Church (or any other "religion") operating under tax shelters while amassing obscene amounts of money, land and political clout should have ended long ago.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#17]
With all of the Californians moving here, this state may not even be Red in another 4-8 years.

Romney probably won't be going anywhere unless he decides to spend all of his time running for President in 2024.  I think that's been his goal all along.

I'll never vote for him again.  But there are plenty that still will, including some posting in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Prove it.
View Quote

This.

I will be shocked if he's not reelected.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
First and foremost the LDS Church is a business, with a stock portfolio in the hundreds of billions(ensign peak advisors) property holdings in the hundreds of thousands (more accurately millions) of acres of land all while operating as a 501c3 organization.

The LDS Church will endorse the political candidate they feel is most beneficial to their business,  in this case Mitt motherfucking Romney.

And many if not most members will follow the lead of the Church and rabidly defend the installation of Romney, excusing it by saying that all candidates in Utah are Mormon, which while true is not a matter of happenstance.

It's not 1895  any more, and church organizations like LDS or Roman Catholic Church (or any other "religion") operating under tax shelters while amassing obscene amounts of money, land and political clout should have ended long ago.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Perhaps in another thread, someone could explain to me why they wear that stuff. I have no idea if it's Biblical or not as I wasn't raised in that religion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Follow the lead of the church? Could you point out once where the leadership of the church endorsed Romney?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This.

I will be shocked if he's not reelected.
View Quote

I dont need to prove anything.

I'll be shocked too since California's are coming here with their fucked up values.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Perhaps in another thread, someone could explain to me why they wear that stuff. I have no idea if it's Biblical or not as I wasn't raised in that religion.
View Quote

They are a symbol of the covenants we make in the temple. More than that you can look up on your own.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

1. Utah doesn't have any recall provisions.

2. Recalling Senators is unconstitutional. Take that up with the Framers, they were the ones who didn't provide for recall of federal representatives.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Prove it.
View Quote

Always Fucking FPNI.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's off topic, but since you asked....

Temple Garments
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Temple Garments
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Temple Garments
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Romney will be Utah's Senator as long as he wants to be.  Utah's Republican voters make that happen.
View Quote

I voted against him last time and if I have to vote Democrat next time I'll do that to get his ass out of office.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Everyone thinks Tom Cotton is a good conservative, but he and Romney are sponsoring some bill of some sort. I wish I could give more info but I can't find it. Just saw it fly by on Facebook. Giving each other reach arounds.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No but just like with cops, when you have one bad one and the others stick up for him. Well I will just stop there.
View Quote

How many Utahns or LDS here are sticking up for Romney? Sounds like even the Rootard gave up swinging from his nuts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How many Utahns or LDS here are sticking up for Romney? Sounds like even the Rootard gave up swinging from his nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Roo got his peepee slapped and can't post in GD anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Can't exactly do that by myself, can I? Couldn't do it with ALL the UT guys on the forum. When has it even been done last in ANY state?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then prove it by primarying his ass out of office.

Can't exactly do that by myself, can I? Couldn't do it with ALL the UT guys on the forum. When has it even been done last in ANY state?

Well, if UT lets him stay in place, then clearly UT finds him acceptable. I agree that it's bullshit to expect UT arfcommers to bear that particular cross when they probably worked harder than anyone to get a senator who didn't both suck and blow, but if UT sends him to the Senate then UT owns it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cuomo is not New York.

But y'all still hate us regardless
View Quote

That's just because you talk funny and have thin crappy pizza.

Oh, and because Steinbrenner.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Roo got his peepee slapped and can't post in GD anymore.
View Quote

He can post in the Politics & Activism, where political threads should be posted and where he has already spoken on this topic.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Just like the US isn’t biden
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After the Kangaroo, and the fervent, fanatical defense of Romney. I don't believe you. I'm sorry.
View Quote

Candidly I am not buying it either.

If Utah didn't put him there, and if Utah didn't keep him there, who did?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Follow the lead of the church? Could you point out once where the leadership of the church endorsed Romney?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Publicly? Of course not.

At the same time are you going to pretend that the church does not guide privately and without public declaration? Are we going to pretend that at the individual, ward level or stake level that those conversations don't take place? Are we going to pretend that those conversations don't take place with the Presidency, Quorum or General Officers or that those conversations don't filter to the Stake and Ward?

Pro tip, I'm not just some random LDS hater that has spent his entire life knowing only what I read in the media.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Publicly? Of course not.

At the same time are you going to pretend that the church does not guide privately and without public declaration? Are we going to pretend that at the individual, ward level or stake level that those conversations don't take place? Are we going to pretend that those conversations don't take place with the Presidency, Quorum or General Officers or that those conversations don't filter to the Stake and Ward?

Pro tip, I'm not just some random LDS hater that has spent his entire life knowing only what I read in the media.
View Quote

I can't speak for the 70 and up, but those conversations don't take place at the Stake and Ward level any more than they do between friends or on here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

US Senators cannot be recalled,   IIRC it was tried in years past and went to the SCOTUS   with them ruling members of Congress are not subject to recall by their constituency ..

So barring  a bunch of criminal evidence bubbling to the surface on old Mittens that can't be swept under the rug he there till he is voted out.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can't speak for the 70 and up, but those conversations don't take place at the Stake and Ward level any more than they do between friends or on here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Publicly? Of course not.

"On here".

I've seen people treat vendors here as if they were Jim Jones throwing in some Kool-aid with their AR accessory order.

Despite outward appearance I'm not attacking the Church or its membership, simply stating what is abundantly obvious.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's certainly not biblical in any possible way.

You can look all this stuff up. They look ridiculous, which of course invites ridicule. But there's more to it.

Catholics are ridiculed all the time for having ashes on Ash Wednesday, Jews for any number of things.

The underwear is reported to have magical powers to protect the wearer from harm. This, coupled with the fact that it's indeed underwear, in addition to how it looks is what makes it hands down the easiest religious ridicule target to hit of them all.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Not buying the "we got duped" line. His record as governor of Massachusetts was not exactly stellar.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not buying the "we got duped" line. His record as governor of Massachusetts was not exactly stellar.
View Quote

He signed the AWB there IIRC in addition to a predecessor of Obamacare (Romneycare).

Trump referred to Mitt as "His favorite Democrat."
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

We kicked Claire Mc Caskells ass out, so it can be done

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]
So..  Are people actually voting for him?  Or does he have keys to the dominion  car?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"On here".

I've seen people treat vendors here as if they were Jim Jones throwing in some Kool-aid with their AR accessory order.

Despite outward appearance I'm not attacking the Church or its membership, simply stating what is abundantly obvious.

View Quote

I'm just saying that either my stake is locked out and they don't share that info with us, or you're incorrect.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not a single person here defends Romney. But this is GD so reading is for faggots.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Candidly I am not buying it either.

If Utah didn't put him there, and if Utah didn't keep him there, who did?
View Quote

Keep him there? We elected him once and you can't recall senators.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
These guys are right.
Romney is in office because he represents Utah.
It's an insult to Utah residents, but they chose him. They want him. Mormons run the state.
View Quote

If that's the case... I'm very glad they got their ship the "Nauvoo" seized and sent away in the Expanse Series.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Publicly? Of course not.

View Quote

Those privare conversations at the ward and stake level are no different than anyone talking to someone else in their congregation in any religion. They still don't mean the church leadership is endorsing anyone.

You can pretend that those conversations actually happen, but you can't pretend that The Church makes an endorsement of any political candidate, especially when all the major candidates are the same religion.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top