User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder why he gets more attention than Susan Collins et al?
View Quote

A. Maine, which is half liberal anyway.
B. She barely won reelection.
C. She's not mugging for the cameras every chance she gets.

This isn't that hard of a concept.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A. Maine, which is half liberal anyway.
B. She barely won reelection.
C. She's not mugging for the cameras every chance she gets.

This isn't that hard of a concept.
View Quote

I still don't get it.  The people complaining about him aren't even from Utah.  Either he's a good republican or bad.   Either she's a good republican or bad.  I think they both stink and should go.  Why so much effort crying about one and not the other?

Democrats like him more than Republicans.     https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01/29/mitt-romneys-dem-vs-gop-approval-ratings-in-utah-says-everything-1023099/
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I still don't get it.  The people complaining about him aren't even from Utah.  Either he's a good republican or bad.   Either she's a good republican or bad.  I think they both stink and should go.  Why so much effort crying about one and not the other?

Democrats like him more than Republicans.     https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01/29/mitt-romneys-dem-vs-gop-approval-ratings-in-utah-says-everything-1023099/
View Quote

When Collins retires or is defeated her seat will go Democrat. The state has been turning bluer for years.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Romney IS deranged and deserves every heckle and nasty comment made about him.

I'm just trying to say it doesn't mean everyone with a Utah address (or even the majority) deserve it too. Utah's government is moving in a generally positive direction while Mittens wanders way out in left field and occasionally runs over, takes a shit infront of the pack, giggles and trots back to his far left position.
View Quote

The majority DO deserve it.....by a wide margin.  He was a Massachusetts liberal who started the universal healthcare ball rolling, enacted gun control and led one of the most liberal states in the country.  No educated voter can claim that he was going to be a conservative and yet Utah voters chose  a carpetbagger by an overwhelming majority.    

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The majority DO deserve it.....by a wide margin.  He was a Massachusetts liberal who started the universal healthcare ball rolling, enacted gun control and led one of the most liberal states in the country.  No educated voter can claim that he was going to be a conservative and yet Utah voters chose  a carpetbagger by an overwhelming majority.    

View Quote
You left out that he could have stopped MA from legalizing homosexual 'marriage,' but he allowed it to slip right through. Afterward he virtue signaled that it was a regrettable development.

Trying to have it both ways seems mostly confined to Republicans. Democrats want radical leftism but at least most are honest about it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, but will Utah elect anyone who is NOT a LDS?
View Quote

In recent times Mia Love and Burgess Owens come close as they are converts. We have had 3 governors not members of the Church, J Bracken Lee, Simon Bamberger, and George Dern that were not members of The Church.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Put it another way...

Why did Romney come to Utah to run for the Senate?

I don't think he was a resident prior to the run.  He may of had property, but I don't think he lived here year round.
View Quote

Because he knew here was his best chance to get political office. 2002 Olympics, (R) after his name, and Trumps endorsement.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So posting picture of LDS garments are good to go with the COC.  It would appear that the Mods are showing what they think of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Lets see some pictures of the Catholic Scapulars and the Jewish Tachrichim as well as the Tallit and tzitzit.

View Quote

?

None of those religious garments are supposed to be hidden. Show scapulars all day long and not a Catholic will be upset.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes it is, unless you convince the church to dump him, he will be your senator.

Mormons will follow whatever the church tells them. I lived in UT for 4 years as a non Mormon. This is a true fact for UT
View Quote

Since when did you as a non mormon ever hear of the church telling people who to vote for, during your 4 years of living here?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So the apolitical local church members who do not endorse any particular candidate, nor do they discuss it within the Ward or Stake put up signs in their yards to serve what purpose?

Could a Stake President or Priest or Bishop putting a political candidates sign in their yard be considered by anyone a reflection of the Church or an endorsement by the Church?
View Quote

Nope.

(and Priest is an Aaronic Priesthood office held by young men 16-18)
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep, but the UT Romney deniers don't want to see that shit because they were the problem unless they sat out the primary for some reason. Maybe they were tired.

How the blue fuck they could choose Carpetbagger Reek over staunch 2A supporter and physician Mike Kennedy defies logic.

From what little I looked into it Kennedy was a far and away better choice than Reek....They must have a very low bar for what passes for "rock star" in UT.
View Quote

Mike Kennedy is who I voted for and I was very unhappy when fuckstain mittens won.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You're right, local church leaders don't have any influence at all over the membership, and Willard would have been elected because of the Olympics, and it is just purely coincidental that all candidates are LDS.
View Quote

So now you are changing the goal posts. Before it was The Church's leadership telling people how to vote. Now you are shifting towards Bishops and Stake Presidents? Either way a shit storm would brew if it got out that a Bishop or Stake President told anyone how to vote.

Yes, he was elected because of the Olympics, the (R) after his name, and his former experience as a businessman and governor (and his continuous lies that he was very conservative as the governor).
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Figures this would just turn into yet another Mormon-bashing thread.

Seriously, who gives a fuck about another man's underwear preferences?

Anyway, fuck Mittens. Like many have said, we'll know the truth when Romney comes up for reelection. Hope he votes for gun control when all that comes down and seals his political fate here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495488/20210129_071612_jpg-1839615.JPG
View Quote

You knew exactly what was going to happen when you started this thread.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You knew exactly what was going to happen when you started this thread.
View Quote

Seriously though...Yeah I'm a godless heathen surrounded by believers but I don't hate the church and it bugs me that everyone here seems to think Utah is inhabited by a bunch of Romney clones who worship Mormon Jesus by wearing funny looking underwear and making it a PITA to get a drink.

Utah don't be like that, y'all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Could have swore utah is was constitutional open carry. Is this an amendment to the original law? Are they doing away with the chl licensing, and going full out 2a?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Could have swore utah is was constitutional open carry. Is this an amendment to the original law? Are they doing away with the chl licensing, and going full out 2a?
View Quote

Yeah, after May 5 we'll have permitless concealed carry. It's already signed by the governor.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't believe their doing away with their CHL program; it's pretty popular in terms of reciprocity.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, he was elected because of the Olympics, the (R) after his name, and his former experience as a businessman and governor (and his continuous lies that he was very conservative as the governor).
View Quote

It has to be acknowledged that having a surname that is prominent in church history was a factor as well.

That being said, pretty much everyone I know in UT seems to be dissatisfied with him.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, after May 5 we'll have permitless concealed carry. It's already signed by the governor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that just for residents or anyone who happens to be in the state?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is that just for residents or anyone who happens to be in the state?
View Quote

Anyone in the state over 21 who can legally own a gun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because he knew here was his best chance to get political office. 2002 Olympics, (R) after his name, and Trumps endorsement.
View Quote

And the LDS in this state reacted to him like teenage girls did to the Elvis back in the 60s.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When I lived there when Romney lost to FBHO and church members told me people didn't vote for Romney because he was Mormon.

They didn't vote for Romney because he is a cocksucking RINO.
View Quote

I wrote in Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD's Romney Derangement Syndrome never ceases to amaze me.

Susan Collins isn't constantly running for president.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm I live in Utah and am a Mormon. I've never voted for mittens and have never had pressure (overt or implied) in church on who to vote for. I couldn't even tell you which house belongs to my bishop or who he voted for.

That said, there's a lot of cultural inertia here - I'm sure a lot of folks voted for mittens because he makes his faith a primary component of his public image (kindof like a pharisee praying publicly). It actually makes me loath him more, because he seems taking something I believe in and using it  to get votes when he needs it. But most people, Mormon or no, don't think that critically and just go with superficial commonalities.

Still, we primaried Bob Bishop out of the senate 10 years back for being a rino. I'm going to do what little is within my power to make sure that happens again with Romney this time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

?

None of those religious garments are supposed to be hidden. Show scapulars all day long and not a Catholic will be upset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So posting picture of LDS garments are good to go with the COC.  It would appear that the Mods are showing what they think of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Lets see some pictures of the Catholic Scapulars and the Jewish Tachrichim as well as the Tallit and tzitzit.

?

Mormons are fond of saying garments are an “outward expression of an inward commitment”

Then they get all offended in the outward expression as shown.

One of the main reasons I left that silly church after 40 years is the cowardice.

Nobody stands for anything.

Garment joke is poor taste?  Sure. Absolutely. It’s a low blow and a tired jab.

But you look petty when you can’t take the joke the 20,000th time it’s been told.

I dislike the church but love it’s members (most of them)

But if you fucking believe in something own it!!!!

Inside the church on Sunday you’ll hear all kinds of apocryphal tales of people who are protected by wearing their garments. Then you get out in the world and someone pokes fun at you and you tuck your tail between your legs then say “we don’t believe it’s magical”

No honesty and refusal to own your shit.

If you are as you claim, the real church of God and everyone else is in apostasy, stand up and be counted.

Don’t just follow the world and hide what you are embarrassed about.

The whole culty temple ceremony is on YouTube. Get over it.

You can't stop the signal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xafO3c2lKUc

Seriously though...Yeah I'm a godless heathen surrounded by believers but I don't hate the church and it bugs me that everyone here seems to think Utah is inhabited by a bunch of Romney clones who worship Mormon Jesus by wearing funny looking underwear and making it a PITA to get a drink.

Utah don't be like that, y'all.
View Quote

Also true. But I fear we are outnumbered.

Lots of good Mormons hate Romney.

Many others will vote for him due to the invisible  M next to his name.

Also the church claims to not tell people how to vote but if you want a good time read up about their involvement in proposition eight in California. Whether you believe in gay marriage or not, they can’t truthfully claim they’re not involved in politics.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mittens used his 2002 winter Olympics success and his religion to dupe Utahans into voting for him under the false pretense that he was a Republican. It only happened once, and Mittens had made his left leaning stance abundantly clear to Utah voters, who voted 58.1% for Trump over Biden's 37.6% in the last election.

Meanwhile we are finally getting Constitutional Carry and hopefully a preemption law refusing to enforce federal gun laws that aren't in line with state gun laws which has already passed the House.

Romney is not in line with our values and he doesn't represent the majority of us. He is NOT Utah and shouldn't be used as an indicator of what Utah believes.
View Quote

I was at byu with Romney
Along with Johnny Miller

But, I didn't have a deferment.
1A
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Kennedy's gun stance is light years better than Romneys.

Guess that's not important in Utah.
View Quote

Most of Utah's population, like most of all other states, are not single issue voters and are not on ar15.com and gun control is not their most important issue

And realizing that this will upset all of you, I voted for Romney in the general election. Those of you who are saying that it would be better to vote for Jenny Wilson are tactically retarded. Romney voted on Trump's side of the issues 75% of the time, according to 538. That's actually a higher percentage of the time than Mike lee, by the way.You can look it up if you want. Would you have me believe that Jenny Wilson would be a better choice here? All politicians are a compromise somewhere, and he was the best choice in the general election.

Kennedy did have a better platform with regards to gun politics, but he was not remotely close to ready for prime time and he would have zero influence in the senate. I think he might be a good choice in the future, however.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:02:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

The vast majority of voters in every corner of the nation are not, "educated voters".   They are all low information.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Utah is going blue.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In retrospect, it would have been better to vote for the flaming liberal Democrat who was running against Mittens, but muh Republican party and all that.

What do you do expect people to do when your reps betray you? Short of him actually committing a crime and getting caught red-handed we are stuck with Romney until the next election... but that doesn't mean he automatically has and practices Utah values. Mittens has already proven he's a East coast Democrat at heart and Utah voters won't forget that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, he got almost 63% of the vote in 2018 so I'll go with "Romney IS Utah" Alex.

In retrospect, it would have been better to vote for the flaming liberal Democrat who was running against Mittens, but muh Republican party and all that.

What do you do expect people to do when your reps betray you? Short of him actually committing a crime and getting caught red-handed we are stuck with Romney until the next election... but that doesn't mean he automatically has and practices Utah values. Mittens has already proven he's a East coast Democrat at heart and Utah voters won't forget that.

He betrayed republican values when he ushered in single payer healthcare as the governor of Massachusetts. And then there was that AWB..

Yeah, he was definitely on our side, until he betrayed his constituents
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mittens used his 2002 winter Olympics success and his religion to dupe Utahans into voting for him under the false pretense that he was a Republican. It only happened once, and Mittens had made his left leaning stance abundantly clear to Utah voters, who voted 58.1% for Trump over Biden's 37.6% in the last election.

Meanwhile we are finally getting Constitutional Carry and hopefully a preemption law refusing to enforce federal gun laws that aren't in line with state gun laws which has already passed the House.

Romney is not in line with our values and he doesn't represent the majority of us. He is NOT Utah and shouldn't be used as an indicator of what Utah believes.
View Quote
I haven't seen the good people of Utah recall him yet. Hmmmm?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I haven't seen the good people of Utah recall him yet. Hmmmm?  
View Quote

Utah has NO recall provision for senators.

Some are trying to change that but the establishment Republicans of course will move to protect Mitt.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/1/29/21114269/utah-lawmaker-bill-to-allow-recall-of-us-senator-mitt-romney

Utah is a great place but not without its problems.

The local government is obsessed with becoming the next Silicon Valley. Not even thinking about what a shithole San Francisco and the tech world has become when they move to import huge masses of people from California and H1b visas and bow to tech oligarchs.

We use dominion voting systems too, so it’s not like we are immune to Mitt and his globalist masters stealing the elections either.

Lots of freedom minded patriots here but tons of status quo cuckservatives and morality legislating Karens.

It is incredibly difficult to unseat an incumbent in Utah.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top