User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Youre gonna arrest people outside the US?  By your logic, you must believe that harsher gun laws will prevent gun crime...
View Quote

Not me personally.
You think there are no ways to stop people who are operating across borders?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not me personally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youre gonna arrest people outside the US?  By your logic, you must believe that harsher gun laws will prevent gun crime...

Not me personally.

So now were talking about joint operations?  Who's going to pay for that?  What if the criminals are operating in a country that doesnt like us?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy owns a drive-thru and is 3 doors down from the post office, last week his 71 year old father inlaw comes in and tells my buddy he just dropped a check in the mail for$1,000 because he won $10,00

My buddy about choked and told his FIL that it is a scam and to go get the check from the post office, his FIL said no and argued it isn't a scam and he wouldn't get the check

Buddy called his wife and told her so she went to her dads house to talk him into getting check so my buddy went to the post office to get the check out before the mail left, it's a small town post office

The lady at the post office said she wouldn't pull the check out unless the old man came and did it himself so my buddy explained to her about the scam and she said "He fell for that shit" and he told her yes

She pulled the check out and gave it back, an hour later buddy's wife called and said she finally talked her dad into pulling the check but it was to late because the mail left and my buddy told his wife he already got it but don't tell her dad because they are going to make her dad sweat it out until Monday (Tomorrow)

I can't believe anyone falls for this shit but obviously they do

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's a more obvious example that most people catch as being a fraud, but as I just posted, there are some slick guys out there

I'm suspecting that some of you who are so quick to blame the victim have never met any of the elderly victims of these scams, and maybe have no older relatives of your own, for you to be so quick to blame the victims....

edit: some of those 'stupid taxes" as you call them can run to tens of thousands of dollars
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're so fucking stupid to think you send a money gram to Jamaica to pay taxes on a prize from a contest in Nevada that you didn't enter then NO law can help you.

After all is said and done it was in fact a tax.....a "stupid tax"

That's a more obvious example that most people catch as being a fraud, but as I just posted, there are some slick guys out there

I'm suspecting that some of you who are so quick to blame the victim have never met any of the elderly victims of these scams, and maybe have no older relatives of your own, for you to be so quick to blame the victims....

edit: some of those 'stupid taxes" as you call them can run to tens of thousands of dollars

I have. I still say too damn bad if out of jurisdiction of the US.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So now were talking about joint operations?  Who's going to pay for that?  What if the criminals are operating in a country that doesnt like us?
View Quote

Like I said, do you think we don't already target people internationally?
We the American people pay for Federal LE to work with other nations law enforcement in these cases

One example I can think of is when they arrested the guy overseas who was responsible for a huge percentage of the spam that Americans were getting. A minor problem in most peoples lives for sure, but someone at some level decided to go after the guy and they got him.
If someone is operating internationally and targeting vulnerable American citizens and fleecing them of their savings, I have no problem with them being the subject of LE efforts at some level of our gov't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We the American people pay for Federal LE to work with other nations law enforcement in these cases

One example I can think of is when they arrested the guy overseas who was responsible for a huge percentage of the spam that Americans were getting. A minor problem in most peoples lives for sure, but someone at some level decided to go after the guy and they got him.
If someone is operating internationally and targeting vulnerable American citizens and fleecing them of their savings, I have no problem with them being the subject of LE efforts at some level of our gov't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could make a career out of playing Kenyan cybercrime whack-a-mole.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was he arrested for?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"They should have a law..."

...where if you actually think that sending money to Jamaica to claim a 3 million dollar lottery, you should be jailed forever for being an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he basically wanted to outlaw stupid?
Nope, can't outlaw stupid, but you can make it hurt. And yes I like watching stupid in pain.

"They should have a law..."

...where if you actually think that sending money to Jamaica to claim a 3 million dollar lottery, you should be jailed forever for being an idiot.

No.. Jail is just another form of government control, and (a) should be reserved only for those who are a threat to others, not to themselves, and (b) costs the rest of us for incarceration.

If someone is stupid enough to be scammed by a $3m Jamaican lottery prize, then a lifetime of poverty and misery is sufficient punishment.  No need for the rest of us to have to pay for their stupidity, too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top