Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You... you really asked for someone to post that info on a public forum.

I can’t even come up with a snarky response. You’ve rendered me temporarily incapable of higher level thought.
View Quote

Yes. How in the world are these blacksites in keeping with the idea of the consent of the governed?

The very idea that Americans are supposed to vote, live, and hold elected officials accountable when the most significant and important things being done are completely concealed from them is an exercise in lying and getting normal people to accept abuse.

I can't meaningfully consent to a relationship with someone who is married, has multiple STDs, is sleeping with me to blackmail me, and will have a crazy spouse hunt me for doing doing so if I'm not told. Any criticism of the deep state that doesn't begin with the Gladio type operations done in American's names, with all the blowback that comes from them and how things evolved from that is simply misinformed and wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Treadstone site.  They shut that down though.  No longer needed.
View Quote

Naw, those are always pretty basic and located within an office building.....except the training/test sites in the wilderness.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif
Extraordinary Rendition is one hell of a way to meet new people in places you never thought you'd get to travel to.
View Quote

Fuck it!

Travel is travel.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've never seen a weapon locker that looks anything like that. It's something else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Data center doesn't explain the lockers on the inside of the door. Weapons lockers? Even secure data centers I've been in didn't require me to leave my phone.

the good news is, looks like you're getting a hell of a generator!

I've never seen a weapon locker that looks anything like that. It's something else.

the bar under it? what's it for? handcuffs? shackles? or hearing protectors for the sound from the mainframes?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agree.  You can see the tile popper in one picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was an AT&T data center.  It was built into a neighborhood because it was a rare geographic location in the DFW area that had the capability to hook the building into two completely separate power grids.  

Take the tin foil off.

Agree.  You can see the tile popper in one picture.

10-4 agree.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool place for a high end car collection and to work on them
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ITT we find people trying to shame others for not being familiar with outdated, niche applications and laughing that they're not among the <.5% of the population who've ever had any experience with them, and laughing at people for not having insanely obscure niche experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this thread we learn who's never been in an AT&T legacy datacenter. This is like a much scaled down version of Datasite Orlando, a former $30M AT&T datacenter. Just missing the moat out front.

ITT we find people trying to shame others for not being familiar with outdated, niche applications and laughing that they're not among the <.5% of the population who've ever had any experience with them, and laughing at people for not having insanely obscure niche experience.

Or, just maybe those people who think their ignorance gives them the expertise to identify a "CIA Blacksite." Maybe that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or, just maybe those people who think their ignorance gives them the expertise to identify a "CIA Blacksite." Maybe that.
View Quote

Lol, unless you're gonna post pictures of CIA blacksites and help us identify real ones, then this is just stooges of the intelligence community flexing and believing they're better than people who are ignorant, not stupid.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw the "CIA Blacksite" on 4chan prior to this being posted on GD. Guessing just a C/P
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I work in the telcom business and have been a few data centers.  That building is a unique, but a little dated, attempt at a discreet data center or communication hub.  I wonder how much fiber is going in there and from which directions.  I am sure they are picking up some along the interstate corridor, but I don't see an other obvious meetups nearby.  I honestly wish we had something like that for sale here; my company could use a smallish data center like that.  That building to the north is a little odd as well...

Edit:

Yup, the unit in 13352 Blossomheath Lane is another near identical unit.  I see AT&T fiber flags in the area which is probably marking the underground fiber feeds for both sites.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Covert server farm
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They do but that's not what this is...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a pumping station.  That is how they hide them in residential areas.
They do but that's not what this is...

I helped build a couple of those in the mid-eighties, they were much smaller than that building.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't their a zoning issue with something like this?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, people know a thing exists and is hidden from them and have imperfect knowledge and their speculation is wrong. These people are stupid and should never speculate about that which they know exists but do it wrong. Fuck asking about mysteries like god, the meaning of life, philosophy, or science for that matter.

Democritus was a fucking dumbfuck for coming up with atomic theory but getting specifics wrong. I mean, ffs, he thought there were SHARP atoms! Fucking dumbass. Peasant. Disgusting.

Aristotle was a fucking 'tard. I mean sure, he gave us the basis of much of modern philosophy, but he gave us the idea of "humors" which impacted medical science and led to retardation of medical progress for millenia. Fucking DUMBASS.

And the theory of miasma or bad air transmitting disease? Fucking PATHETIC. I mean sure, there is in fact disease spread by droplets and in fact through the air, and sure the swamps and stenches were in fact coincident with bad plumbing, and the indications of bad drainage was coincident with standing water and mosquitoes and malaria in Italy that wasn't solved until Mussolini, but anyone that attempts to solve a problem they know exists but gets any specific wrong is a fucking peasant jackass retard that should be shat upon by all involved.

Trying to understand anti-democratic covert activities by the intelligence community? Sit back Cletus, and let your betters collect their GS salaries and forget scrutiny. You're a fucking paypig peasant. Don't you DARE question your betters.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol, people know a thing exists and is hidden from them and have imperfect knowledge and their speculation is wrong. These people are stupid and should never speculate about that which they know exists but do it wrong. Fuck asking about mysteries like god, the meaning of life, philosophy, or science for that matter.

Democritus was a fucking dumbfuck for coming up with atomic theory but getting specifics wrong. I mean, ffs, he thought there were SHARP atoms! Fucking dumbass. Peasant. Disgusting.

Aristotle was a fucking 'tard. I mean sure, he gave us the basis of much of modern philosophy, but he gave us the idea of "humors" which impacted medical science and led to retardation of medical progress for millenia. Fucking DUMBASS.

And the theory of miasma or bad air transmitting disease? Fucking PATHETIC. I mean sure, there is in fact disease spread by droplets and in fact through the air, and sure the swamps and stenches were in fact coincident with bad plumbing, and the indications of bad drainage was coincident with standing water and mosquitoes and malaria in Italy that wasn't solved until Mussolini, but anyone that attempts to solve a problem they know exists but gets any specific wrong is a fucking peasant jackass retard that should be shat upon by all involved.

Trying to understand anti-democratic covert activities by the intelligence community? Sit back Cletus, and let your betters collect their GS salaries and forget scrutiny. You're a fucking paypig peasant. Don't you DARE question your betters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn son, National Geographic has less issues than you.

Some photos of some old comms center for some old utility or such has really got you riled up. Maybe they are trying to get to your precious bodily fluids.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Isn't their a zoning issue with something like this?
View Quote

Zoning and such is probably 110% why it looks like a house and not a concrete block.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Damn son, National Geographic has less issues than you.

Some photos of some old comms center for some old utility or such has really got you riled up. Maybe they are trying to get to your precious bodily fluids.
View Quote

Lol if you think the government is hiding bad things from you you're just being paranoid. Who hurt you Bubba? Sounds awfully like a conspiracy theory.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I helped build a couple of those in the mid-eighties, they were much smaller than that building.
View Quote
This was telecom...
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Datacenters need gun lockers and interview rooms?
View Quote

Those aren't gun lockers and what makes an office an "interview room"? A window?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the bar under it? what's it for? handcuffs? shackles? or hearing protectors for the sound from the mainframes?
View Quote

Looks like a conduit line, not a weight baring "bar".
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Data center doesn't explain the lockers on the inside of the door. Weapons lockers? Even secure data centers I've been in didn't require me to leave my phone.

the good news is, looks like you're getting a hell of a generator!

Probably a coat hanger or something similar.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#23]
The raised floor does not have any cooling tiles/rows.

Could be they replaced them to remove the old equipment out I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The raised floor does not have any cooling tiles/rows.

Could be they replaced them to remove the old equipment out I suppose.
View Quote

All depends on when the raised floor was built.  Was in several in the early 2000s that had all cooling handled above the floor as below the floor was a nightmare of cables.

Thankfully Google/Facebook/Amazon started some good data center standards around 2005 or so that other companies actually picked up and used.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
definately NSA

The yellow corner protectors give it away.

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/ed61e564e36c1c4b5285f2588b55952e-cc_ft_384.jpg

If this was built by AT&T they would not have put the yellow posts, but since it was a govt contract the yellow posts are mandatory.
View Quote

This, they types of bollards in Arlington tend to give away federal office buildings. I'm surprised the windows aren't green glass.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this thread we learn who's never been in an AT&T legacy datacenter. This is like a much scaled down version of Datasite Orlando, a former $30M AT&T datacenter. Just missing the moat out front.

I've been to one.  It was a dump.  Nobody spends money on a location that will be abandoned in a moment's notice, possibly with an element of arson as an exit strategy.  Nobody said that was what they were doing there.  I was related to one of them and after he died I realized what had been going on.  I thought he was just a classic under achiever with a pair of PhDs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
#1 if it was a server farm or an att site, why are there no anchor holes for threaded rod in the floor tiles for cabinets unless the tiles were replaced. We always anchored cabinets unless it was a r&d lab.

#2 most att sites in that area had halon fire suppression systems. They didn’t use water sprinkler fire suppression as I know. If the fire alarm went off while in the facility, you unassed the AO immediately.

I worked Telecom for Nortel, Ericsson and even worked R&D for Ericsson over 15 years. Most always at ATT properties. Some collocates. Never saw anything like this house exterior. Definitely interesting.

View Quote

Halon has been out of use for 30 or so years. FM200 is what was used when I dealt with those type facilities.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#29]
There's two of those buildings next to each other on a huge north/south road which is also near a interstate. I used to do DoD/fed facilities infrastructure and A/E work CONUS and OCONUS and also teleco in my early career. That looks more like a utility monitoring/comms/laydown type facility. They also stick out like a sore thumb compared to the age/size of the residential houses there.

There would be way more than 4 lockers or electronics cubbies if that was a classified lab/SCIF. If I was going to have a blacksite and I was CIA I sure as hell wouldn't have it on US soil. If I needed some sort of facility not part of my normal federal offices if I was some other type of IC/FLEO I sure as hell would have it in more inconspicuous surroundings. Tons of office parks around the country with leased space you can snag if you need to setup shop for awhile if I needed to be airgapped.

Looks like a big expensive piece of fucking shit to me for anything other than another utility company picking it back up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#30]
It’s funny listening to all these know it all’s trying to sound cool and knowledgeable over something that’s already been confirmed as a retarded data center….  All these arm chair Jason bournes
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm half a mile from there, guess I'll go check it out tomorrow
View Quote

get lots of pics.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#32]

And why do you guys think a black site would be sold?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Interesting structure for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
But why is it in the middle of the neighborhood?

If it was a server farm it could certainly be located in a commercial area a whole lot easier and cheaper.

View Quote

Copper/Fiber distribution.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Whose secure data centers are you entering?

The ones for the Department of Defense you certainly are removing your smartphone and watch if you want to enter.

Those are similar to the lockers I've used to lock up my phone and laptop while visiting a classified location.
View Quote

Not even just classified, but any location that is trying to minimize vectors for tech attack.

The security aspects of this location are pretty meh. Got some security booths with bulletproof glass for the on site attendants, and a pretty standard looking setup to secure PEDs. Makes sense tapping into two grids and having a monster backup generator.

My only question is what the mirrored glass on the rooms is for? That seems an odd thing to have in a discrete data processing center.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Whose secure data centers are you entering?

The ones for the Department of Defense you certainly are removing your smartphone and watch if you want to enter.

Those are similar to the lockers I've used to lock up my phone and laptop while visiting a classified location.
View Quote

What's odd is there are no built in locks on the lockers, looks like you would use a regular combo or pad lock.  Most weapons lockers or other lockers have built in locks with keys.

The setup reminds me more for stashing personal property (pocket contents, cell phone, small bag) in lockers that employees would provide their own lock for.  The bar underneath the locker would probably hold some hangers for coats and jackets.

The sign on one of the doors located at what appears to be the checkpoint indicates that in the event of an emergency the doors automatically unlock.   The fire guys that do inspections can correct me if I'm wrong but that would mean that for "life safety" exits are tied into the fire alarm system.  When a pull station is activated, the doors automatically un lock.  You can see the pull stations in several of the photos.   You are not going to have a secret site that people can escape out of or let people into by pulling a fire pull station.  You don't see those features in prisons or jails and you wouldn't see it in any "black site".
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not even just classified, but any location that is trying to minimize vectors for tech attack.

The security aspects of this location are pretty meh. Got some security booths with bulletproof glass for the on site attendants, and a pretty standard looking setup to secure PEDs. Makes sense tapping into two grids and having a monster backup generator.

My only question is what the mirrored glass on the rooms is for? That seems an odd thing to have in a discrete data processing center.
View Quote

I don't think that window is actually mirrored.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#40]
What is confusing about the equipment room pictures is the lack of everything below or evidence that something like that ever existed.  The picture is from a T-Mobile switching center.

There is a ton of power to the facility but very little conduit inside room or coming through the walls.  
No opening the walls for incoming data/signal lines.
No ceiling support structure for hanging anything other than the lights.

Even in a reduce footprint design like this, the thick black lines are for power and tie into what is shown in the following picture.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Damn. The property taxes are less than I pay for a split-level ranch here.
View Quote

All that income/sales tax freedom comes at a cost
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Historical aerials has 7 different pictures from various years over the last 20 years.  Only one picture clearly shows a vehicle and it is in the side drive.  

This is from 2001.

From 2014, those could be vehicles in the back lot.  Someone that is better at reading pixels can make that determination.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What is confusing about the equipment room pictures is the lack of everything below or evidence that something like that ever existed.  The picture is from a T-Mobile switching center.

There is a ton of power to the facility but very little conduit inside room or coming through the walls.  
No opening the walls for incoming data/signal lines.
No ceiling support structure for hanging anything other than the lights.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/680/datacenter_JPG-2031770.jpg

Even in a reduce footprint design like this, the thick black lines are for power and tie into what is shown in the following picture.

https://www.pioneercep.com/index_htm_files/5198.png

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/680/data_power_JPG-2031783.jpg

View Quote

A while back code changed that required people abandoning a site to remove all the wiring or in this case they relocated it to the 'house' behind it.  

I've got similar pictures from an old cable company site, that is a like a time line of equipment because as new network equipment was brought on line they just abandoned the old stuff in place.

ETA...found the pics
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#45]
This was most likely a telecon hub that had to build to "neighborhood standards," instead of the usual 4 solid brick walls, per local zoning.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why does a data center need a sally port with bullet proof glass and gun lockers?
View Quote
The SOC II requirements for data centers don't have requirements that high, but they do get pretty close.  If you want to have certain kinds of certifications to market for some types of clients, you need that stuff.  Even the mickey-mouse data center used by my former employer had security close to that.  Put bank data in there and you will get physical requirements like this.  Bullet proof glass for example, allows you to have a window but also have it be secure against meth heads looking for copper.

The dual power grid thing is probably why it is where it is. AT&T likes to do that.  The former phone exchange facility here in South Central WI is like that. Two grids to connect to means less requirements for generators and batteries/UPS devices.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I had a couple repeat calls to a house that was melting electrical service cables and transformers.  It was constantly running at 400amps even, which is extremely high.  A normal 400 amp service rarely pulls 200 continuous.  Every time I went there, there was nobody home.  Yard maintained, no furniture, no access, nobody returned calls.  I could see that the thermostat was at a normal temp through the back window, so that wasn't a factor.  It was in one of the wealthiest towns in the US also.  Always figured it was a spook site.
View Quote
Cryptomining.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
For hangars to put coats on while entering the server/equipment rooms. Those are typically kept COLD and any woman would bitch up a storm and annoy everybody if it was too cold.  It sucks to try to move a server or run a new set of wires when it's 58 degrees.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm not seeing enough cooling for any heavy duty hardware in here. Crack units? Ducting? Crack unit hall? Chiller yard?
View Quote

That was my thought. If you stacked that shit full of servers it would cook to death
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Its for electronics devices.

That looks like one of many secured comms/SCIF server rooms I've done. I'd bet a paycheck it was a comms facility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lockers could be for your cell phone. But, they sure do look like lockers for a sidearm. I'm digging the fake windows.

Its for electronics devices.

That looks like one of many secured comms/SCIF server rooms I've done. I'd bet a paycheck it was a comms facility.

I don't think you have to worry about paying out either.  (I agree with your assessment).
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top