BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Federal funds to NJ should have been cut in 2016.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Federal funds suspended in 3.2.1.
Federal funds to NJ should have been cut in 2016.
Should be cut for all States, period.  Partly for the reason you're discussing (using them as a tool to extort States into doing what the Feds want).
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This.

In addition, I have no interest in the tax returns of someone who was not a .gov employee before they were running.  In contrast, I'd be very interested in just how members of Congress become multi-millionaires in short order on $173K/year Congressional pay when they started out middle class at best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think the IRS would have found criminality in his returns?   They're kinda good at it ya know....

What has been done by prior candidates as tradition is of no concern to me.
This.

In addition, I have no interest in the tax returns of someone who was not a .gov employee before they were running.  In contrast, I'd be very interested in just how members of Congress become multi-millionaires in short order on $173K/year Congressional pay when they started out middle class at best.
Personally, I'm sick fo this whole tax return crap.  Should have never become a thing.  I'd be fine if Trump ends up being what kills this so-called "tradition".  If I were running for POTUS, I'd tell everyone who demanded them to piss off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can all but guarantee you two things.
1.The IRS, NYS and NYC have picked through every tax return Trump or any company or organization he is part of with a fine tooth comb.
2.Some "fellow traveller" IRS employee has leaked the returns to Pelosi, Schumer etc. They know what is in there, this is just hay making for political expedience.

The one thing in Trump's returns that is potentially damaging?
He isn't nearly as wealthy as he claims to be. He is a billionaire but has grossly overstated his net worth.
View Quote
^^This. If there was dirt on Trump some weasel in the IRS would have leaked it by now.

People quickly forget that they have leaked some of his tax info.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/donald-trump-tax-return-takeaways-236095
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Better yet would be auditsof all house and congress members...let see how they parlayed a govt job into being millionaires
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#5]
When are they going to start bitching about being taxed with out being represented?

I say if those fuckers west of the cascades are feeling groggy they should jump.

Of course they might not get far minus federal resources but....or food.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Every President since the 1970's has released their detailed tax returns. Trump mentioned many many times he would release them at a future date. Then he started making excuses saying "I can't release them because I'm currently being audited" (<- which is a lie, you CAN still release them) which then turned into "I'm not releasing them."

I also think Trump gets extra backlash because he was the one of the loudest mouths when it came to transparency with Obama. He was constantly calling into Fox & Friends about Obama's school records, birth certificates, etc.. Plus Trump loves to constantly toot his own horn about his success and how he's the greatest/best, etc.. A lot of people simply think "Dude, put your money where you mouth is and show us your detailed taxes."

If this was Obama or Clinton refusing to release their taxes, this place would go on meltdown. Again, zero consistency with so many here. It's always "Orange man always good" with EVERYTHING.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retards still obsessed about his tax returns.
Every President since the 1970's has released their detailed tax returns. Trump mentioned many many times he would release them at a future date. Then he started making excuses saying "I can't release them because I'm currently being audited" (<- which is a lie, you CAN still release them) which then turned into "I'm not releasing them."

I also think Trump gets extra backlash because he was the one of the loudest mouths when it came to transparency with Obama. He was constantly calling into Fox & Friends about Obama's school records, birth certificates, etc.. Plus Trump loves to constantly toot his own horn about his success and how he's the greatest/best, etc.. A lot of people simply think "Dude, put your money where you mouth is and show us your detailed taxes."

If this was Obama or Clinton refusing to release their taxes, this place would go on meltdown. Again, zero consistency with so many here. It's always "Orange man always good" with EVERYTHING.
So, you think that each State should be able to require any documents from any Presidential candidate?

Do you realize the precedent that sets?

Leftists amaze me.   Does logic play any part in your thought process at all?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Trump can't do that.  He has no power over Federal elections, especially his own.  Congress is the one that tallies and certifies the vote.  Total conflict of interest for the President to be the one to do that and, again, unconstitutional.

And, as I've mentioned above, WA can choose its Electors however it wants and require whatever qualifications for Electors that it wants as far as the Constitution is concerned.  The legislature could just pick a slate of Electors pledged to the Democrat and be done with it if that's what they want to do.  Appointing Electors by legislation, after all, was for a time the most common method of choosing Electors in this country.

Trump's chosen candidates for Elector have no entitlement to be given consideration; nor do anyone else's slate of candidates for Elector, for that matter.  It's stupid and spiteful for WA to do this, but that's a separate matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't say they wouldn't participate.
Well why would they assume that their EV's would be counted if they conspired to keep someone off the ballot?
Trump says fuck you, they don't count - then it can go to SCOTUS for a ruling...
Trump can't do that.  He has no power over Federal elections, especially his own.  Congress is the one that tallies and certifies the vote.  Total conflict of interest for the President to be the one to do that and, again, unconstitutional.

And, as I've mentioned above, WA can choose its Electors however it wants and require whatever qualifications for Electors that it wants as far as the Constitution is concerned.  The legislature could just pick a slate of Electors pledged to the Democrat and be done with it if that's what they want to do.  Appointing Electors by legislation, after all, was for a time the most common method of choosing Electors in this country.

Trump's chosen candidates for Elector have no entitlement to be given consideration; nor do anyone else's slate of candidates for Elector, for that matter.  It's stupid and spiteful for WA to do this, but that's a separate matter.
BUT.... the Consitution does enumerate the qualifications to be President. ie “natural born” “age of 35 years” etc

The argument in court would be that WA has added a requirement that is under the purview of the Constitution and that is not a power apportioned to the states. I could also easily see SCOTUS agreeing with me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is what I see every time the Democrats do this stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr8DIg3oHFI
View Quote
You're not wrong!

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Tie this into all those blue states saying their Electoral College votes go to the popular vote winner, too. Makes it that much easier for the Commie candidate to win when entire states won't let you vote for someone they don't want to win.

See? It's all part of their plan and people like us aren't a part of it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why don’t they just pass a bill saying that Washington State gets to pick both presidential candidates?

The left is getting more hysterical and deranged by the day. I worry to where this is all heading.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This.

View Quote
In addition to whatever pay-to-play schemes congress critters come up with, my best guess is the NSA...or intell community...in general feeds legislators inside stock trading info.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]
The WA electoral college already proved they will vote for whoever they feel like in 2016 with 3 votes for Colin Powell and 1 vote for Faith Spotted Eagle, so why bother pushing this stupid bill?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you actually support this new bill??

You deserve everything you get when they continue to pass gun laws there.  You had better not come here whining about any of it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do they realize this works both ways?

Trump wasn't going to win WA or NJ anyway.

What if the purple states decide to put their own conditions on D candidates & keep them off the ballot?
View Quote
No, but with the states signing the pact that effectively eliminates the Electoral College this effectively eliminates the popular vote from NJ and WA which I am beginning to believe was the plan in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why don't they just pass a bill saying that Washington State gets to pick both presidential candidates?

The left is getting more hysterical and deranged by the day. I worry to where this is all heading.
View Quote
We all should.

Whether it really passes or even if it does if it holds any water constitutionally or not we are seeing the thrashings of a group who feel extremely threatened by loss of power but in many instances loss of cover.

If Trump wins again then they will have two choices; chill the eff out and realize there was nothing really to worry about (i.e. reflect and learn) or B) go full retard.  Yes, I don't think they've done that just yet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not required by law to release your tax returns in order to run for and become President.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If there was anything in there they would have been leaked already by the IRS.
Either Hussein would have ordered it right before the election (which he has a track record of, like going all the way to a CA judge to get Jack Ryan's sealed divorce records published), or Lois Lerner's buddies would be doing it now...
View Quote
I'm glad you remember the crap that rahm, obama did to Ryan.  That still pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Tex SHOULD PASS A BILL you cant be on the ballot in 2020 if you where in congress...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you still pretending you aren't a leftie?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Releasing tax returns isn’t a requirement to be president; being a natural born citizen is.

There’s evidence to support the Clintons being criminal, meanwhile, there’s this witch hunt that hasn’t proven anything ...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#21]
The level of partisan politics reaches a new high, going where no man has gone before.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wash and NJ

Apparently the Washington State Senate has passed a bill saying if Trump doesn't release his tax returns, he won't be on the ballot. Minimum 5 years of returns.
The dems are looking for "criminal activity" on his taxes. Haha Wow.

How can Washington pass a law like that regarding federal elections? It's still got a ways to go, but still.
They will do literally anything they can. The amount of time wasted on shit like this is mind blowing.

Looked for a dupe, didn't find one.
View Quote

Let them do it. Then all of the states votes will be nullified in 2020.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What if the purple states decide to put their own conditions on D candidates & keep them off the ballot?
View Quote
Yeah, and now with a bunch of states giving their electors to the national popular vote, and now states saying who you can vote for...

We know where this goes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Please don't lump me in with our retarded politicians. I feel like that even though this is the Evergreen State, we need to water the trees here...its getting out of hand.
View Quote
I can say the same thing being a New Yorker. We are all lumped together as radical leftists, primarily because we are living in a Soviet style state with our overlord Mario Andrew Cuomo and one congressional district sent Alexandra "Cow Farts" Ocasio-Cortez to congress. I love the state but hate its government. I wish I could transplant New Hampshire's government into New York. While I live in the NYC metro area, I am more like an upstater in my political orientation.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#25]
“If you got nothing to hide what’s the big deal.”  Officer friendly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can say the same thing being a New Yorker. We are all lumped together as radical leftists, primarily because we are living in a Soviet style state with our overlord Mario Andrew Cuomo and one congressional district sent Alexandra "Cow Farts" Ocasio-Cortez to congress. I love the state but hate its government. I wish I could transplant New Hampshire's government into New York. While I live in the NYC metro area, I am more like an upstater in my political orientation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please don't lump me in with our retarded politicians. I feel like that even though this is the Evergreen State, we need to water the trees here...its getting out of hand.
I've spent a good amount of time in the Southern Tier area of NY.  It's great and a lot like many places in PA.  In fact, I'd say there's a real quality to the workers in that area that shines when given a project or task.

Sadly, they are forced to suffer through the rest of the state's imbalance with NYC and as jobs have dried up I've seen those people forced out and move.  Like much of rural America and the midwest the inside wealth is being sucked to the coasts and then out of the country all together.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For the party of love and acceptance

they sure fucking hate PRESIDENT TRUMP
View Quote
Well to be fair Trump is the leader of the party of “family values”. So none of this makes sense anymore.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm really, really, really sorry your girl lost. Please try to put it behind you.

Politicians don't release records unless it's to their benefit, or ordered by a court. And they sure don't release anything an opponent can use to beat them over the head. Obama hid his transcripts, Hillery hid her thesis and research papers. The hue and cry for Trump's returns are driven by his enemies.

Even if Trump's returns are squeeky clean, they will be twisted into an indictment punishable by lynching.

Remember Harry Reid's lies about Romney not filing tax returns?

It's too late. He is the President. All the cry babies need to pull up their huggies and move on.
View Quote
Plot Twist.

He won’t release them because it shows a million dollar payment to Obama for proving his birth certificate was real.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is it law? Oh, and Trump is first president in a very long time that wasn't suckling the public tit most of his adult life. Its no ones business what in his tax return.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like Obama publicly released his birth certificate........ oh wait..........

And last I checked.....according to the CONSTITUTION.......releasing tax returns IS NOT a requirement to be president.......being a natural born citizen IS.....

Not to mention that IF there was ANYTHING criminal in his taxes....an obuttwhiff sympathizer inside the IRS would have leaked it to the media DURING the 2016 campaign....or soon after the election........

and no....if Obama or Clinton refused to release taxes.....I would not care....because as I said it is not a requirement to be president
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#31]
FFS...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't suppose they're too  concerned about a birth certificate, are they?
View Quote
Absolutely not! All are welcome here!...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t give a fuck about FBHO’s tax returns or Trump’s...

...now congress members is another story
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
And your loser girl pushed to have him accept the outcome of the election because if he wouldn't it would be a threat to our democracy. The fascist dems have yet to to accept they lost. Makes them the real threat to our Republic by their own demands.
And now you have the failed dems from Georgia and Florida "putting our democracy" (we ain't  a democracy fascists, we're a Republic) at risk - by still saying they were cheated when there isn't anything of the kind.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[Laughs in Obama’s transcripts]
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In addition to whatever pay-to-play schemes congress critters come up with, my best guess is the NSA...or intell community...in general feeds legislators inside stock trading info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

They don’t need either.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
might as well.

There's no law requiring the president to show tax returns.  ... so essentially they're going to try to make up a law that punishes him for something thats not even legally required? One that affects an election?

Heck, let's see it go to the supreme court even.  Cos if they can pull crap like that they can also make up laws that say, "you can't be on the ballot because we don't like you"
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
What you did there, I see it. Well done.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surely if he released them, he would be treated fairly and the info contained within would not be twisted and distorted into proof of (nonexistant) Russian collusion which would then be perpetually broadcast by the corrupt and controlled media.

Yup, I just can't imagine why Trump wouldn't want to give the left more leeway to drag his name through the mud!

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Just make a law that makes it illegal for anyone named Donald Trump to be on their ballot.  Fuck it.

The fucking Democrats have such a stranglehold on this state (Connecticut) that it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled some bullshit like this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes, their spending time on this is retarded.

The one positive is that every second spent on this is a second they cannot spend fucking over our 2A rights.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You mean like Obama publicly released his birth certificate........ oh wait..........

And last I checked.....according to the CONSTITUTION.......releasing tax returns IS NOT a requirement to be president.......being a natural born citizen IS.....

Not to mention that IF there was ANYTHING criminal in his taxes....an obuttwhiff sympathizer inside the IRS would have leaked it to the media DURING the 2016 campaign....or soon after the election........

and no....if Obama or Clinton refused to release taxes.....I would not care....because as I said it is not a requirement to be president
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a requirement BUT a candidate doesn't have to released his birth certificate to the public. Obama could of never released his birth certificate to placate some nutjobs and it would of been fine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#43]
I'd release those declassified documents first.....................
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Simple,, executive order....
All Presidential runners MUST show original birth certificate,,with raised seal.

All Congress and the Senate MUST provide tax returns for ALL years in office

Congress and the Senate are limited terms,,no more lifetime terms
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
1.The IRS, NYS and NYC have picked through every tax return Trump or any company or organization he is part of with a fine tooth comb.
2.Some "fellow traveller" IRS employee has leaked the returns to Pelosi, Schumer etc. They know what is in there, this is just hay making for political expedience.

He isn't nearly as wealthy as he claims to be. He is a billionaire but has grossly overstated his net worth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Congress gets them as they have said,  they will be leaked.  Oh well.

That's not in his tax returns.  There's no line on the 1040 for how much you control in assets.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#46]
anybody that thinks this is going to end well is fooling themselves.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Play stupid games and all that
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why are these idiots pushing for a civil war?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Fabian Window, research it and you will have your answer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The States have complete controul over how Presidential elections are run within their respective boundaries.  All the Constitution does is say how Electors are to be apportioned, that votes are cast on a State-by-State basis, and that they are transmitted sealed to Congress, which tallies them, and also states that there shall be an absolute majority to win (and provides for backup methods if no majority is achieved).  That's it.  It leaves everything else to the States.

States have complete latitude on how to choose Electors.  Electors do not even have to be elected.  The State legislature can choose them, or the Governor can appoint them, or there can be some indirect method of election, some direct method, a lottery, or whatever; heck, it can be a mix of methods.

This latitude includes States determining qualifications for Electors, and they certainly could disqualify any slate of Electors pledged to a person who does not meet certain criteria (such as not releasing tax returns).  It's stupid and wrong, and obviously not based on any effort to do something good in this case, but it is what it is.

However, Electors can still constitutionally vote for whoever they want.  So in theory, Trump could still get WA electoral votes, as unlikely as that is, even with this law.  Technically, Electors can even nominate candidates for President, which was how it was done in the earliest years of the Republic.

While the Feds have intruded a lot into the realm of Federal elections, their legitimate controul in this area is pretty minimal (and largely negative); our system was designed to make the States controul a lot when it came to Federal elections.  There seems to be a common misconception on this forum, though, that the opposite is the case.
View Quote
That's your opinion about what the states can do.

Punitively leaving off a candidate IS something that the state will have to defend in a court of law. It smacks representative governing right in the face.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yeah, and now with a bunch of states giving their electors to the national popular vote, and now states saying who you can vote for...

We know where this goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know where this goes.
Preventing Presidential candidates on ballots via arbitrary means

and

nullifying the votes of the people in the state by assigning the electoral college votes to who has the popular vote from other states disenfranchises the people of the entire state.

This is not going to end well.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top