Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, it sucked so not sure what else to say.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I never understood the attraction of a show about a producer of a highly addictive chemical who in furtherance of his production and distribution becomes a mass murderer and serial killer.

He destroys his family and takes other families out as well.  He allows a girl to die to gain control of a co-conspirator, who eventually becomes a murderer himself, as well as participating in multiple mass killings.

The other characters are just as bad.

And any PhD organic chemist would worked at Los Alamos would have little trouble finding gainful employment in that field. He should have worked harder and saved more.

And GDers against legal cannibis love this trash.  Makes zero sense.

View Quote

Walter White is not the protagonist of Breaking Bad; he's the villain.

Walt's pride and ambition is what doomed his family.  His ex-girlfriend and business partner offered to pay for his cancer treatment.  But Walt resented selling his stake in Grey Matter for peanuts and settling on a safe, humdrum life with Skyler.  He lies to himself that he's doing it "for his family" but he's really doing it all for himself.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
No spoilers please.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I never understood the attraction of a show about a producer of a highly addictive chemical who in furtherance of his production and distribution becomes a mass murderer and serial killer.

He destroys his family and takes other families out as well.  He allows a girl to die to gain control of a co-conspirator, who eventually becomes a murderer himself, as well as participating in multiple mass killings.

And any PhD organic chemist would worked at Los Alamos would have little trouble finding gainful employment in that field. He should have worked harder and saved more.

View Quote

Except for Skylar.

She couldn't stand for Walt being anything more than she could control, and resented him for it.  Don't know about you, but I personally know of multiple examples of that.  Brilliant change the world type of guys, got married, let their wives control them into mediorarcy and then dispose of them.  

IMO, the title Breaking Bad refers as much to Walter breaking away from Skylar's control as the whole meth thing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound like you would be as much fun to hang out with as walter white in the first episode…

You should look up the definition of mass murderer and serial killer.

Its a TV show made for entertainment. There were slow parts and bad characters that they got rid of. Overall it was a very good show, especially compared to some of the other trash out there.

Think of it this way, they took a nerd and made him into something is not. Just like GDers do to themselves everyday……….
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
gets better, bailed out the first time.  restarted a couple years later in season 2, went back and started again. Watched the whole thing. Pretty good series really.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked it. Not sure why you have to like the same thing everyone else does. Ex. I like watching Victoria Secret models, that's not everyone's thing, especially here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think they've released the short attention span version yet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

THE ENTIRE POINT of Skylar's character is to bring out the worst in Walter White.  She is the archetype of nagging / unimpressed / bored wife who thinks she loves WW and is pushing him to 'be better', but in the end find out she hates him.  Or at least hates what she (in part) made of him.

Doesn't realize what she had until it's gone.  Transformed and unrecognizable in the man standing before her.

The show would be very different without her.

... and yea, she is annoying as fuck.  Amazing acting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ended up really enjoying the series, but the biggest drag in the whole thing was Skyler.

THE ENTIRE POINT of Skylar's character is to bring out the worst in Walter White.  She is the archetype of nagging / unimpressed / bored wife who thinks she loves WW and is pushing him to 'be better', but in the end find out she hates him.  Or at least hates what she (in part) made of him.

Doesn't realize what she had until it's gone.  Transformed and unrecognizable in the man standing before her.

The show would be very different without her.

... and yea, she is annoying as fuck.  Amazing acting.

Yup Skyler was very easy to hate and that was the point. If not for her the show would have been kinda pointless actually.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
IMHO, the last two episodes of the last season were the greatest things that have ever been on TV.

There's a lot of boring stuff in front of that, though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
OP has asked for no spoilers and i respect that, and so won't.

...  i'd just encourage anyone who enjoys a thinking type show to give it the first season.  And then watch the rest of it.

It is possibly THE greatest character development on TV, in all tv serial show history.  Your opinion of characters will change.  And the best part, you'll be unable to pinpoint exactly when.

Beautifully done.  With some episode 'meh' forgivable within the overall.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, best television series ever, but you can skip the fly episode.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought it sucked till he got involved with Gus. I havent seen most of the episodes before that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried watching it a few times, thought it sucked.

I guess TV was so bad at the time that BB passed as good TV.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Better call Saul, then.

I watched it and was entertained. It delivered.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's a concept called "character development". It unfortunately takes time and listening to dialog. This part may be difficult for some.

View Quote

I bet op fucks out the instructions when opening anything new up .
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Skyler made it unwatchable for me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I forwarded through a lot of episodes.  The ones with jessica jones, & some of the slow ones.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:58:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Just hit "Fly". You all are saying to just skip it? Or does it have details important to the storyline?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:02:26 AM EDT
[#21]
The show is about a man who can’t get his wife to toe the line.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just hit "Fly". You all are saying to just skip it? Or does it have details important to the storyline?
View Quote

To be a true member of the Breaking Bad Brotherhood, one MUST endure the pain that is the Fly episode.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Better Call Saul: How to Make a Pimento Cheese Sandwich | AMC
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
To be a true member of the Breaking Bad Brotherhood, one MUST endure the pain that is the Fly episode.
View Quote

That is sooooo true.

Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Ozark

Top three TV series of all time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Skyler made it unwatchable for me.
View Quote

I think that's hilarious.  She was written to be an unlikeable character (especially to men who think women should quietly endure anything their master does.)

Anna Gunn nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I powered through. Skipped most of the swatty swatty stuff but got all the content.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top