Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Kelly's Hereo's is the most accurate war movie ever made.

Fight me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

@Markmars

I read a couple stories about the Luftwaffens Condor Legion, making off with the gold and heading for South America, then doing their best to erase all traces that they existed. Were they mentioned in the book?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone say Tigers?

Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler , Ostfront:

Attachment Attached File

Tiger I, Afrika Corps:

Attachment Attached File

Big Brother, King Tiger:

Attachment Attached File

Paper Panzer.............drawing board "what if" E-50:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
“A Sherman can give you a very nice…edge.”
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen this movie over 100 times, no joke….I saw it when it came out in the theater….

I have three or four DVDs of the movie that have not been opened, have them as spares.  

My favorite movie of all time

As a side note, my wife is named Kelly.  When I met her I knew it was destiny
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@Markmars

I read a couple stories about the Luftwaffens Condor Legion, making off with the gold and heading for South America, then doing their best to erase all traces that they existed. Were they mentioned in the book?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@Markmars

The book is on my to read list. So I don't know there are stories of American soldiers with German help knocking over a bank late in the war. A lot of gold went missing so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Kelly: Well Oddball, what do you think?

Oddball: It’s a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Big Joe: Hey look, you just keep them Tigers busy and we’ll take care of the rest.

Oddball: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!

Crapgame: Hey, Oddball, this is your hour of glory. And you’re chickening out!

Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

Kelly: Nobody’s asking you to be a hero.

Oddball: No? Then YOU sit up in that turret baby.

Kelly: No, because you’re gonna be up there, baby, and I’ll be right outside showing you which way to go.

Oddball: Yeah?

Kelly: Yeah.

Oddball: Crazy… I mean like, so many positive waves… maybe we can’t lose, you’re on!
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Great Movie!

Take that shirt off your head, enough's enough!
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#10]
While I believe this movie is as accurate as it can get (), but at $34/ounce, $16M in gold would weigh 30,000 LBS....15 tons....a lot of weight for 12 men to move and put on a truck and a tank....

OK I will shut up and enjoy the movie...watched it last night...
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top